PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown

Farmer Ted
03-15-2006, 08:42 AM
took the boy and his friend to see WWE lastnight.

WOW

I always realized that wrastlin was fake, but seeing it live really brings out the fakeness.....those camera men work miracles...

Kids had a great time, dad was disappointed the chick from dancing with the stars wasn't there....

When did they stop using the Flying Burrito?

T Scott
03-15-2006, 09:31 AM
I guess i am dating myself a bit as the last time I watched wrestling, the big names were Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Roddy Piper, Ric Flair, Andre' the Giant, Million Dollar Man, etc. Wow! Can you say late 80's!!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-15-2006, 10:03 AM
T scott right there with ya!

Anyone remember these names????

Brad Armstrong
The Von Erichs
Tully Blanchard
Arn and Ole Anderson
Greg Gagne
Harley Race
The Great kabuki
Ron Garvin
Jimmy Garvin
The Fabulous Freebirds(Terry Gordy, Michael "TS" Hayes,and Buddy Jack....)

I will think of some more.......

But Ric Flair was ALWAYS the best!!!! just the attitude is all he needed....the crowd LOVED to hate him!!!

Wrestlin.....fake, but entertaining. Ah the old days......Havent watched it in years..... :noface:

milkmania
03-15-2006, 10:09 AM
I lost respect for the sport one evening when I watched Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Skandar Akbar & Missy Hyatt all get in the same van after the show.

kinda brought it all to reality:rolleyes:

edit:
oh yeah, junkyard dog & Sting were with them too

03-15-2006, 10:40 AM
The Million dollar man, wasnt that Ted Dibiase....?

How bout Steve O
Larry Zybysco
Curt Henning, (and the Henning Famliy)
The Rock & Roll Express
THe Midnight Express(Beautiful Booby Eaton and Dennis Condrey) with Mgr. Jim Hart
The Road Warriors with Precious Paul Ellering
Adrian Adonis
Jake the Snake Roberts
Magnum TA
Dusty Rhodes

THe best mouth in wrestling had to be Bobby Heenan. He could pi$$ someone off in record time with his lip. Very mouthy, very insulting. HE was awesome! :D

I remember seeing wrestling in Green bay, wi as a child. I waited outside the locker room in the parking lot with a bunch of other kids/people hoping to get an autograph. I was crushed when I saw Magnum TA and Nikita Koloff get in the same taxi cab together after "beating" the hell out of each other in the ring for 20 minutes. I learned then that it was, in fact, fake..... :eek: Hey, I was a kid, it seemed real to me at the time. :rolleyes: I did watch it after that for entertainment. We watched it in college, it was fun.

T Scott
03-15-2006, 10:41 AM
T scott right there with ya!

Anyone remember these names????

Brad Armstrong
The Von Erichs
Tully Blanchard
Arn and Ole Anderson
Greg Gagne
Harley Race
The Great kabuki
Ron Garvin
Jimmy Garvin
The Fabulous Freebirds(Terry Gordy, Michael "TS" Hayes,and Buddy Jack....)

I will think of some more.......

But Ric Flair was ALWAYS the best!!!! just the attitude is all he needed....the crowd LOVED to hate him!!!

Wrestlin.....fake, but entertaining. Ah the old days......Havent watched it in years..... :noface:

You forgot:
Dusty Rhodes
Jimmy Snooka
Paul Orndorf (Mr. Wonderful)
George the Animal Steele
Kamala the Ugandan Giant
Blackjack Mulligan
Macho Man Randy Savage- OHHH Yeah!

Wow, I haven't thought about those guys in years.

kalanic
03-15-2006, 10:43 AM
You forgot:
Dusty Rhodes
Jimmy Snooka
Paul Orndorf (Mr. Wonderful)
George the Animal Steele
Kamala the Ugandan Giant
Blackjack Mulligan
Macho Man Randy Savage- OHHH Yeah!

Wow, I haven't thought about those guys in years.

What about Hacksaw Jim & Andrie The Giant.

03-15-2006, 10:47 AM
What about the Road Warriors..Those spikes were sweet!

The LOD ruled!!!! :toast:

:D

schmaltzy
03-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Don't forget - Roddy Roddy Piper - how bout - KoKo B Ware ( the guy with the Bird on his shoulder ) - or Jake the Snake

Workin' 4 Toys
03-15-2006, 11:16 AM
I see nothing wrong with a little wrestling, these are ALL the wrestlers right.?;)

03-15-2006, 11:19 AM
Roddy Piper had a mouth on him too. ANother good on for being lippy was Jesse Ventura. I have to say that the WWF carried the Hulk Hogan "goody guy" thing toooooooo long. It was so friggin boring. WHen Hogan went to WCW and "turned bad" he was one of the best "bad guys". People loved to hate him, he was a valuable commodity that was never realized by Mcmahon. It was a blast to watch him strut to the ring with hendrix "voodoo Chile" blasting from the speakers. He just defined the bad guy role.....cowardly, arrogant, mouthy.......you just gotta like the "bad guy" wrestlers.....they were just too cool.....

THe 4 horsemen were awesome like that too.....

ski_king
03-15-2006, 11:40 AM
It hasn't been the same since Miss Elizabeth (http://www.misselizabeth.com/index2.html) died.

east tx skier
03-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Nobody tops the Wrestlin' King of Tennessee!

maristarman
03-15-2006, 12:33 PM
How many times did they show Bob Backlund doing the "Harvard Step Test" for what seemed like hours on end?

Also remember:
The Iron Shiek
Ivan Putski (the Polish Hammer)
Don Muraco
Sergeant Slaughter

And who can forget the original "Rock", Rocky Johnson (who is "The Rock's dad in real life).

kalanic
03-15-2006, 12:44 PM
How about that dude Brother Love...Man I hated that Guy! I----Love---You!..What A Freak!

03-15-2006, 12:52 PM

Wasnt Andy the self procalimed "Inter gender champion" ???

03-15-2006, 12:56 PM
How bout Mick Foley? he had 3 diferent "characters" at once :purplaugh Dude Love, Mankind, and Cactus Jack. Then he wanted to "go corporate" and started wearing the white shirt adn black tie hanging out with "Mr. Mc Mahon". then he took a magic marker and colored the stripes on his dress shirt when he became a referee. That was some funny $hit :uglyhamme good laughs!

Farmer Ted
03-15-2006, 01:33 PM
I see nothing wrong with a little wrestling, these are ALL the wrestlers right.?;)

None of those skirts were in attendance.....

Farmer Ted
03-15-2006, 01:34 PM

Andy Kaufman rocks!

Farmer Ted
03-15-2006, 01:47 PM
I wanted some of this....

http://video.wwe.com/wvx.php?wvx=http://wmsvod.wwe.com/talent/entrancevids/stacyentvid300.wmv

Honkytonk
03-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Wrestling has turned into a great place for Playboy to mine some hotties for their magazine. Especially Chyna! :smile: haha!

Tom023
03-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Jesse "The Body" Ventura

NORTHERN LIGHTS
03-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Is jimmy the "superfly snooka" still alive? he looked like he took so many drugs that his skin was going to peel off--hope it was worth it!

NORTHERN LIGHTS
03-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Jesse "The Body" Ventura
hey Tom -whats up with the osama picture?

kalanic
03-15-2006, 05:33 PM
hey Tom -whats up with the osama picture?
Yeah what is up with the Osama???????????????

Tom023
03-15-2006, 05:34 PM
They found him working at 7-eleven

NORTHERN LIGHTS
03-15-2006, 05:39 PM
They found him working at 7-eleven
If they found him he'd have a bullet between his eyes and his nuts in his mouth!!

but I'm not bitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ski_king
03-15-2006, 05:39 PM
You can't forget Stacey Keibler.

My wife couldn't understand why I liked to watch Dancing with the Stars with her.

http://a.abc.com/primetime/dancing/images/gallery/teams/keibler_02_240x360.jpg

NORTHERN LIGHTS
03-15-2006, 05:41 PM
You can't forget Stacey Keibler.

My wife couldn't understand why I liked to watch Dancing with the Stars with her.

http://a.abc.com/primetime/dancing/images/gallery/teams/keibler_02_240x360.jpg
i understand

ski_king
03-15-2006, 05:43 PM
With her long arms and legs, she would make a great slalom skier.

NORTHERN LIGHTS
03-15-2006, 05:46 PM
With her long arms and legs, she would make a great slalom skier.
ah ..well..yeah.. good slalom ski..exactly what i was thinking :D :D