PDA

View Full Version : Pets?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

whitedog
03-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Definitely worth a try - I'd agree with consultation there. See if a triple osteotomy is feasible...

http://vmthpub.vetmed.wisc.edu/sa_services/surg/orthopedics/orthopedics.htm

Carissa, def check with the vet school. The teaching clinic is always looking for young healthy special needs animals.

Another place closer to home is a friend of mine. While she is not a surgen she may be able to make a recomendation locally. PM at ya.

Contact me if you want more info, I am friends with a couple of vertinarians in the Monroe area, both are surgens and one does hip work.

Maristar210
03-31-2007, 08:30 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Steves389/P1010001-5.jpg

milkmania
03-31-2007, 08:40 PM
relaxin' at the lake:)

Maristar210
03-31-2007, 08:43 PM

Looks like they had a long day Milk .....

Looks like fun with the fam.

dapicatti
03-31-2007, 09:12 PM
Great picture, everyone looks like they had fun:cool:

milkmania
03-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Looks like they had a long day Milk .....

Looks like fun with the fam.

yep, dishnetwork saved my butt!

looking forward to school being out May 23rd:woohoo:

atlfootr
04-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Found this interesting ... you may too 8p
http://blogs.usatoday.com/gallup/2007/04/now_you_know_wh.html

Why people own cats, why people own dogs

You may be interested in the fact that 6% of cat owners tell us they own a cat in order to catch mice and other varmints.
By contrast, 10% of dog owners tell us they have dogs to provide protection from human varmints.
Overall the top reason why people have dogs is for companionship. The top reason people have cats: they just like animals.

Cat owners also justify their ownership of a cat by saying that they rescued the cat and have given it a home, or that cats are lower maintenance than dogs.

There is a huge age skew in ownership of both dogs and cats.
The older one gets, the less likely one is to have either of these two pets.

jimmer2880
04-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Here's our latest addition. We rescued her last Friday from animal control (The humane society was NEXT DOOR!). She was scheduled to be put down last Monday. Looks like she's almost all Austrailian Sheppard. Also looks like she had pups at some time. Doc says she's about 3 years old. Scared as all get out. Some male must have beat the snot out of her before, as even after over a week, she still pees a little when I come up to pet her. The down side is she has heart worms. But someone volunteered to foot the $400.00 vet bill (which is a STEAL for this procedure) if we would adopt her. So far, she's been great. Can't be trusted completely yet around the kids. We think that because she's soo tired from the worms, that she's also a bit cranky. Don't really think she'll actually bite them though. And - so far when she's been around them, she will completely ditch my wife & I, and spend 100% of her attention to the kids. At that point, we don't even exist. All she seems to want is attention.

I'm rambling.... anyway - her name is Daisy (because she sure DIDN'T smell like a daisy when we got her:eek: )

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j7/jimmer2880/IMG_1180.jpg

dapicatti
04-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Daisy is so lucky to have found you. Hopefully after the heartworm treatment she will be good as new! Looks like another wonderful rescue companion. Congrats.

JohnnyB
04-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Here's our latest addition. We rescued her last Friday from animal control (The humane society was NEXT DOOR!). She was scheduled to be put down last Monday. Looks like she's almost all Austrailian Sheppard. Also looks like she had pups at some time. Doc says she's about 3 years old. Scared as all get out. Some male must have beat the snot out of her before, as even after over a week, she still pees a little when I come up to pet her. The down side is she has heart worms. But someone volunteered to foot the $400.00 vet bill (which is a STEAL for this procedure) if we would adopt her. So far, she's been great. Can't be trusted completely yet around the kids. We think that because she's soo tired from the worms, that she's also a bit cranky. Don't really think she'll actually bite them though. And - so far when she's been around them, she will completely ditch my wife & I, and spend 100% of her attention to the kids. At that point, we don't even exist. All she seems to want is attention.

I'm rambling.... anyway - her name is Daisy (because she sure DIDN'T smell like a daisy when we got her:eek: )

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j7/jimmer2880/IMG_1180.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful dog. I hope it all works out well and you have a great addition to your family :D

Hrkdrivr
04-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Yeah for Daisy! Dogs like this end up being wonderful companions...it's like they know you did them right and they want to make sure you know they appreciate it. Good for you guys!

Most of our dogs have been adoptees of one sort or another and they've all worked out well.

André
04-09-2007, 08:05 AM
What a lucky dog to find a home like your Jimmer!
Give her a couples of months and she'll be as good as new!
Good luck!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-15-2007, 09:34 AM
OK, pets are a trip! the new dog is no exception. we spend all this money on dog toys for her, and my parents stop by with more yesterday......heres the kicker. whild working out in the yard yesterday, the dog finds the two MOST entertaining toys in the owrld to her..... a dead mouse, and a chunk of wood. :o Yea, you read that right. After I discovered she was playing with the mouse, I promptly removed it and got rid of it. then she decided it was fun to chew on some wood she found. I was afraid she would get splinters or hurt her mouth, so I got rid of that too. I know....Im no fun...

I can never figure dogs out, they are a hoot! 8p

atlfootr
04-15-2007, 09:29 PM
wife jus' found the cat was sratch'n on one of our chairs, :rant:
I think he's on his 7th life soon to be 6th.

Leroy
04-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Cats can make a real mess of a chair/couch real quick!

wife jus' found the cat was sratch'n on one of our chairs, :rant:
I think he's on his 7th life soon to be 6th.

atlfootr
04-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Cats can make a real mess of a chair/couch real quick!Yea, and I can make a real mess of a cat 8p

funk
05-07-2007, 03:17 PM
One year old brindle boxer/pit that I rescued in November.. such a lover this girl is, can't wait to get her out on the boat this summer.

http://a390.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/41/l_1212cc0356fad89da95ea5d38b9e6abd.jpg

05-07-2007, 03:22 PM
One year old brindle boxer/pit that I rescued in November.. such a lover this girl is, can't wait to get her out on the boat this summer.

http://a390.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/41/l_1212cc0356fad89da95ea5d38b9e6abd.jpg
AWESOME LOOKIN DOG FUNK!!!!! Rock on!! way to go rescuing a dog!!! KUDOS!!!:D :worthy: :toast:

05-31-2007, 09:22 AM
Hey, I think I have some pointer in my "mystery mix mutt" that I adopted. SO I take the dog outside to pee this morning(for HER to pee, not me, I pee inside.the neighbors dont like it when I pee outside8p ) so she dogs her doggie biz and she then starts to sniff around the yard doing her morning thing. so all of a sudden she starts prowling like a cat, really low to the ground, really slow and sneaky like. then she stops, stands up, and her tail is perfectly horizontal pointing straight back, and she lifts one paw and just freezes there. so I am watching this and then I look and see that she is pointing on a chipmunk that is sitting on my garage. she stayed there pointing, and I walked up to her and said "whatcha got??" and she tore off full blast after the chipmunk. she gets to the garage and the chipmunk hops on the fence and starts running along the top of hte fence and she chases. so she passes up the chipmunk, and then realizes it and turns around to go back. it was hilarious. what a hoot!

do other dogs do this "pointing" thing? or just pointer breeds? :confused:

fintek9
05-31-2007, 10:33 AM

is a good looking dog, man my wife is trying to talk me into letting her take our dog "DOE" out on the boat!!! pontoon ok, but the MC i SAY NOWAY... doe GOT NAILS .. viynl and nails don't mix...on the toon that dog paces with the wind, other boats, that dog don't stay still!!
go to my pics on the right, that doe out on her floaty!! I am going to try to pull her on the wakesurf thou... no kidden!! she pulls on the floaty
pretty good .. I just want one pic of her on that wakesurf.. make for a good thread.....

André
07-19-2007, 04:16 PM
About time i post pics of Heidi,a 10 years old chocolate Lab that i got early in March.Her family were leaving for Switzerland and they didn't want to "bother" to bring their family pet...So i gave her a home.Not many peoples that want to adopt such an old dog.
They even brought her to me with an ear infection...So nice of them!
Also found out that when you move a city dog to a lakeside countryhome,they can get allergic to all kind of things new to them...
300$ of vet so far but doing a lot better,even gaining weight which Labs are notoriously proud of...:)

André
07-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Getting along just fine with my other Lab,Rexell almost 11,rescued at 5.5 years old!:)

milkmania
07-19-2007, 05:31 PM
never thought I'd let a dog rule my house:rolleyes:

03 35th Anniversary
07-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Never though I'd let a dog on the boat.............
http://a765.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/121/l_d4e47efeb2cab618c407f4187b39badc.jpg

BrianM
07-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Never though I'd let a dog on the boat.............
http://a765.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/121/l_d4e47efeb2cab618c407f4187b39badc.jpg

Just looking at the nails on the vinyl makes me nervous.

03 35th Anniversary
07-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Just looking at the nails on the vinyl makes me nervous.
My girlfriend takes her nailfile and file his down where he has no sharp edges. Then I give him a nail test. I put dish washing soap all over the hood of her car. Then place him up on it let him do a couple really fast not going anywhere in place runs. Then I wash the hood off and check for srcatches.

André
11-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Today!:) :)

suedv
11-18-2007, 07:38 PM
They look like good friends.

lanier92prostar
11-18-2007, 07:46 PM
This is Casey, our 2 year old Golden in my Avatar.

sethro
11-18-2007, 07:50 PM
This is for Andre...per your request in the 85 restoration thread. :)

sethro
11-18-2007, 08:00 PM
And another...he is nine years old.

André
11-19-2007, 06:40 PM
And another...he is nine years old.
That's a nice pic!
Thanks!:)

Lennyp04
11-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Yes I know yellow. First off my cell phone takes crappy pictures and left yellow lines going across the whole picture. Second of all I think this is the best way to see the cat because she blends in.

In any case

This is Logan, 4 years old on sprawled out on the loveseat with me

Chief
12-03-2007, 06:53 AM
As some of you know we lost our Chocolate Lab about 4 months ago. My wife talked me into going to Lab rescue to "see" the dogs.

I am now the owner of a 6 year old yellow lab. His name is "Toby" and the shelter has had him for about two months and he really needed us probably as much as we needed him. He's a great calm dog and seems to fit great for us.

I really respect these people who run these rescues. They spend a lot of time and energy to find these dogs homes.

Here a pic of the newest addition to the family.

Chief
12-03-2007, 06:54 AM
Here's a better picture.

TMCNo1
12-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Yes I know yellow. First off my cell phone takes crappy pictures and left yellow lines going across the whole picture. Second of all I think this is the best way to see the cat because she blends in.

In any case

This is Logan, 4 years old on sprawled out on the loveseat with me

I like the camo cat!:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
12-03-2007, 06:58 AM
Here's a better picture.

Somebody knows how to build a HOT fire in the fireplace, when it burns the soot off the firebricks!:cool:

chudson
12-03-2007, 09:11 AM
As some of you know we lost our Chocolate Lab about 4 months ago. My wife talked me into going to Lab rescue to "see" the dogs.

I am now the owner of a 6 year old yellow lab. His name is "Toby" and the shelter has had him for about two months and he really needed us probably as much as we needed him. He's a great calm dog and seems to fit great for us.

I really respect these people who run these rescues. They spend a lot of time and energy to find these dogs homes.

Here a pic of the newest addition to the family.

Way to go jcrosby150!!! You just can't beat a lab, they make great family members!!! Here's my two boys just after their bath. I think they were as pooped as I was!!! Choclate one is Bear almost 3 and the black one is Charlie he is a lab-collie mix and just turned 17 on halloween!!!

André
12-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Here's a better picture.
Hey,move over so we can see the your Lab!!!;)
Congrats on the rescue.Both my Labs are rescue dogs,one from a shelter and one direct from a family that was moving to Switzerland.
Isn't a great feeling to rescue a dog?:)
Good moves from your wife and you!

rrbooker
12-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Happy holidays!

chudson
12-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Happy holidays!
That's a great picture!!!:D

rrbooker
12-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks! She wasn't real happy with us yesturday!

Chief
12-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Hey,move over so we can see the your Lab!!!;)
Congrats on the rescue.Both my Labs are rescue dogs,one from a shelter and one direct from a family that was moving to Switzerland.
Isn't a great feeling to rescue a dog?:)
Good moves from your wife and you!

He's still camera shy but here's a frontal.

TMCNo1
12-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Happy holidays!

I can only imagine what he's thinking!:mad:

André
12-03-2007, 02:00 PM
He's still camera shy but here's a frontal.
Very good looking !
Love the pink nose Lab!

Chief
12-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Very good looking !
Love the pink nose Lab!

Thanks, Good looking dog you have in your Avatar!

stuartmcnair
12-10-2007, 12:47 PM
my little baby girl...

http://media.scout.com/media/image/50/503990.jpg

yup, I feel safe at night....

atlfootr
12-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Very good looking !
Love the pink nose Lab!

Throw a set of antlars on him and he'll look like Rudolf, but can he fly 8p
Ditto above for me.

RexDog1
12-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Well today I got a call????? And it was the Dog Chip Company saying my dog (Shasta) got out!!!???:confused: A Girl8p on the other block found him… and called them with the # on his tag
… how the h.ll did he get out?:confused: After picking him up, got home and saw where he had eaten the side gate and had 4 ¼ “ to squeeze out ???? I know he is a smaller dog, some on TT has called him a sissy dog ……….. well I am happy he is home safe, good thing we had him chipped,

Well off to Home Depot to get some wood…………….:rolleyes:

atlfootr
12-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Well today I got a call?????
And it was the Dog Chip Company saying my dog (Shasta) got out!!!???
A Girl8p on the other block found him… and called them with the # on his tag
… how the h.ll did he get out?

After picking him up, got home and saw where he had eaten the side gate and had 4 ¼ “ to squeeze out ???? I know he is a smaller dog, some on TT has called him a sissy dog ……….. well I am happy he is home safe, good thing we had him chipped,

Well off to Home Depot to get some wood…………….:rolleyes:

Shouldn't your rather be feeding him "Dog Food" instead of wood :confused:
No wonder he escaped, your lucky the pound didn't get 'em before the girl called you.

I've got my dog chipped as well ... we call him Houdini :rolleyes:

RexDog1
12-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Twas the night before Christmas when all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there The children were nestled all snug in their beds with no thought of their dog filling their head and Mamma in her kerchief and I in my cap knew he was cold but didn't care about that when out on the lawn there arose such a clatter I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter. Away to the window I flew like a flash figuring the dog was free of his chain and into the trash.

The Moon on the new fallen snow gave the luster of mid-day to objects below when what to my wondering eyes should appear, but Santa Claus with eyes full of tears.

He un-chained the dog once so lively and quick.... last year's Christmas present now painfully thin and sick.

Santa called the dog's name and the dog ran to him despite all his pain.

"Now DASHER now DANCER now PRANCER and VIXEN ! On COMET on CUPID on DONNER and BLITZEN ! To the top of the porch ! To the top of the wall ! Let's find this dog a home where he'll be loved by all."

I knew in an instant there would be no gifts this year for Santa had made one thing quite clear. The gift of a dog is not just for the Season.

We got the pup for all the wrong reasons in our haste to think of the kids a gift for there was one important thing that we missed. A dog should be Family, and cared for the same. You don't give a gift then put it on a chain.

I heard Santa exclaim as he rode out of sight... "You weren't given a gift, you were given a LIFE !"

atlfootr
12-18-2007, 03:19 PM
I didn't mean anything personal, RexDog1 :o
:( Sorry if my comment may of implied so ..... I jus' thought it was amusing the dog ate the gate.

RexDog1
12-18-2007, 04:01 PM
I didn't mean anything personal, RexDog1 :o
:( Sorry if my comment may of implied so ..... I jus' thought it was amusing the dog ate the gate.

LOL LOL LOL:D HAHAHAHA:uglyhamme

atlfootr
12-18-2007, 04:06 PM
LOL LOL LOL:D HAHAHAHA:uglyhammeThanks ....

Monte
12-18-2007, 04:07 PM
My dog likes to scratch doors when they're locked.:mad: If they are not locked he just lets himself out:rolleyes: :noface:

atlfootr
12-18-2007, 04:13 PM
My dog likes to scratch doors when they're locked.:mad:
If they are not locked, he just lets himself out :rolleyes: :noface:

That's one smart dog, which reminds me.

For ALL You "Pet Owners" on Sunday Dec 23' 08, National Geographic Channel is airing a Special Program.
It's called "Dog Genius" check your local programing ...

From the previews I saw the other night, you won't want to miss this!

Harvey
12-18-2007, 04:15 PM
I used to have a Jack Russell Terrier who would open the backdoor which swung in and had a lever style handle. It was amazing that he could jump, hit the handle and pop the door open by pushing on it. He had a little too much energy sometimes.

atlfootr
12-18-2007, 04:17 PM
I just did a search and this came up ....

National Geographic Channel TV Schedule - Animal Genius: Dog ... (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/PT/popup/200712231700.html)

Dog Genius [TV-PG Ratings N/A].
Sunday, December 23, 2007, at 05 PT
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/images/shim.gif (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/ET/popup/200712232000.html)http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/images/shim.gif
Also airs:
Sunday, December 23, 8P
Sunday, December 30, 10A

We share the planet with 400 million dogs : toy dogs, working dogs, champion dogs and artistic dogs; dogs who know what to do in an emergency; and dogs who know their way around a couch.

For over 12,000 years, they've been our essential survival aids and our constant companions.

But how smart are dogs?

Most dog owners would say they're geniuses and point to their pup as living proof.

National Geographic joins scientists and dog trainers to explore the dog smarts in surprising new ways, unlocking the truth about man's best friend.

channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/PT/popup/200712231700.html - 35k -

chudson
03-27-2008, 05:35 PM
This is not my dog just got the picture in an email and want you all to see this. This has to be the biggest dog I have ever seen and I don't think this has been photoshoped!!!

Chief
03-27-2008, 05:59 PM
How to prove that the dog is man's best friend:

Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour and see who's happy to see you when you open it.

sk8salomon
03-28-2008, 12:40 PM
my little baby girl...

http://media.scout.com/media/image/50/503990.jpg

yup, I feel safe at night....

nice pup!

here's my 2 crumb snatchers!

kevfischer
03-28-2008, 09:23 PM
This is our pet named WAKE. 32951

atlfootr
05-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Took my boy Chaz swimming again today, out back.

atlfootr
06-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Not only do I take him fishing w/ me practical every time, I've even named the jonboat after him.

Well, sorta ... ChazCraft

atlfootr
06-13-2008, 11:11 PM
ALL PET OWNERS,
Make sure you Take the Pledge to Fight
Animal Cruelty sign your name on behalf of ASPCA,
I did :D

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=cruelty_home