PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer Installs...Let's see them!

skeeler
03-14-2006, 03:13 PM
I was looking for any pictures of subwoofer installs in your MCs. I saw Diesel's install in his MC (Very nice!), but was hoping to see a few more to get some more ideas for mine. Thanks, Shawn

Diesel
03-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Here is a 12" JBL in an X2

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1523/dsc004717nw.jpg

djhuff
03-14-2006, 05:09 PM
I'll post a pic when I am done, but I'm putting one under the bow filler cushion firing back into the boat, with a custom grill in the shape of the X 2 logo in front of it.

jraben8
03-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Mine is under the walk-thru between the windshield panes. If I posted a pic of it I don't know that you could see anything. What the... I'll try.

Andyg
03-14-2006, 08:24 PM
I am running two 10" MTX 5500 subs in custom made boxes off of a Rocford Fosgate 300I 2 channel amp (150 watts per channel). The boxes are smaller than what the manufacturer recommends, but I can't afford the space with a 197. The box fits perfectly between the kick plate and the bow seat on the drivers side. Under the passengers seat my amps and other sub take up a little room, but it isn't too bad.

I am going to be redoing both sub enclosures this spring trying to get the manufacturers recommend volume inside the enclosures and still get them to fit in my 197.

Here is a picture of the sub under the passenger seat.

Andyg
03-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Here is a picture of the sub behind the kick panel on the driver's side.

P-hat_in_Cincy
03-14-2006, 11:49 PM
I built a sub box for under the bow filler cushion of our 205V. It's down firing tho.

P-hat_in_Cincy
03-14-2006, 11:51 PM
Here's another picture with the cushion installed.

BTW...it houses a 12" Kicker CompVR sub.

projectely4
03-15-2006, 12:06 PM
here is one in a x-star replacing the stock sub and adding a fiberglass enclosure.

Ric
03-15-2006, 12:17 PM
what would have been a great subwoofer install pic is one of Ric... contorting to get a 10" sub enclosure mounted in the very very tip of the bow of a 190!
That is inching up there to screw in the strap type mounts from the sub box to the rubrail on each side... Crawling between the MTS ballast tank and the bulkhead wall uuuuughghhhhgh... Now that would've been a pic!

Ric
03-15-2006, 12:20 PM
I am going to be redoing both sub enclosures this spring trying to get the manufacturers recommend volume inside the enclosures and still get them to fit in my 197.

Yes, I do want to know how that project goes! (In case you were wondering :D )

Diesel
03-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Here is a picture of the sub behind the kick panel on the driver's side.

Woah, from what others have said in the past I expected that space on the 197 to be much smaller :eek: .

It looks like there is a ton of room under there to put a decent enclosure. Especially if there is room between the footrest and forward seat back. Might have to get creative with the box design but it looks relatively easy to get a cube out of that space.............unless the pic is deceiving.

skeeler
03-15-2006, 12:55 PM
I love that!! I may do something like that.
I built a sub box for under the bow filler cushion of our 205V. It's down firing tho.

Ric
03-15-2006, 01:02 PM
Woah, from what others have said in the past I expected that space on the 197 to be much smaller :eek: .

It looks like there is a ton of room under there to put a decent enclosure. Especially if there is room between the footrest and forward seat back. Might have to get creative with the box design but it looks relatively easy to get a cube out of that space.............unless the pic is deceiving.
the pic is deceiving
I think an enclosure could be made by one of you handymen, but not me... The JL comes close to touching the front seat back when installed in the kick panel factory style. Andy, is that enclosure sealed? I even think it would be really tough to finagel an enclosure up into that spot when I consider the steering gear etc. :confused:

Cary K.
03-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Here is the one that is behind the observers seat. I have another that is behind a custom kick panel under the cockpit that incorporates the same "X" but is raised off of the box. The kick panel also has a custom made rectangular diffuser just above floor level for my heater, and works incredible. The "X" on drivers box will be backlit with red LED's in the next few weeks. I will post pics of that once the LED's go in.

Prostar19
03-15-2006, 03:20 PM
I had a box made for my 197. It is in kind of an L shape. Works out pretty good. It holds a 10" sub. I can get dimensions for any one that wants them.

Ric
03-15-2006, 03:28 PM
I had a box made for my 197. It is in kind of an L shape. Works out pretty good. It holds a 10" sub. I can get dimensions for any one that wants them.
Yes, if you have dimensions for one that would work behind the kick panel on the driver's side, I'd like them.

Prostar19
03-16-2006, 09:32 AM
here you go.

bepresto
04-04-2006, 05:16 PM
and where is this placed at in your 197

sortloff
03-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Are these dimensions for a SEALED enclosure that would work with say a Clarion 10" Sub? You think it could be built right on the back of the factory kick panel in front of the driver?

east tx skier
03-27-2009, 10:21 AM
what would have been a great subwoofer install pic is one of Ric... contorting to get a 10" sub enclosure mounted in the very very tip of the bow of a 190!
That is inching up there to screw in the strap type mounts from the sub box to the rubrail on each side... Crawling between the MTS ballast tank and the bulkhead wall uuuuughghhhhgh... Now that would've been a pic!

Been there, done that. What was a bigger pain was setting the crossover on the amp when the controls were toward the nose and behind the sub.

BriEOD
03-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Is that a Pyle sub?:D

06' X-2 R8R H8R
03-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Heres a few pictures of mine installed behind the firewall going thru the walk -thru.....

KnoxX2
03-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Nice!!
Can you still use the walk-thru door

06' X-2 R8R H8R
03-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Yup it works, all good and really thumps....

Justjoe
03-27-2009, 09:49 PM
The 197 with a 12" sub. The two channel Clarion amp is attached to the back of the sub enclosure. The two amps on the side wall run the hull speakers (one four channel) and the four Polk Momo's on the tower (the other four channel).

I would add pictures of the X2, but I think, Shawn, that you know what that one looked like under the observer seat. I did add the 10" Memphis behind the drivers seat it the empty hole. All driven by the Alpine PDX 1000.

KnoxX2
03-27-2009, 09:52 PM
How did that sub sound under there?

Justjoe
03-27-2009, 09:58 PM
It's ok. Doesn't back screws out of the boat or anything, but I like to think that on those early pre-dawn mornings... before the sun really comes over the horizon, but you can still see pretty well... when you can hear the frogs jumping, the occasional flip of a fish tail... that when you crank it up a bit the waves radiate away from the boat.

brucemac
03-27-2009, 10:34 PM
sorry for the double post. i'm sure you've all seen this, but i just went to make sure it was all working right in the garage and my wife quickly confirmed. :D anybody know where i can score the carpet?

Image Dynamics IDQv3-D2 at 4ohms, 600W RMS off of Wet Sounds Syn6
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1877/dsc5494i.jpg

east tx skier
03-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Is that a Pyle sub?:D

Nope. Speaker and box were constructed by a little company in Fort Worth called Toby. Their speakers were better in the 70's when they were a little smaller, but not bad for what it cost me. That little sub in a closed bow firing to the side rounds out my sound nicely and inasmuch as I never see it, I didn't worry with carpet or resin. Just a little water seal. With a baby in the boat, it is more than I can use at this point. It's also as big is going to fit in there without my sacrificing room for gear. And there's no way I'm taking up any real storage with stereo stuff.

KnoxX2
03-27-2009, 11:11 PM
I got some from the factory. I would call and they can get you the same color you need. I will be back in Knoxville next weekend Let me see what I can do!

brucemac
03-27-2009, 11:15 PM
thanks knox. how's the family? the shooter's full road trip story literally made me laugh out loud last year. i hope things are going well in your new digs and assignment.

KnoxX2
03-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Thanks............. I love the job, but hate the town. Good thing I will only be here 3 more years!!!!!

Family is doing great, We are all ready for warm temps and some time on the lake!

Jonathan94
07-16-2009, 03:13 PM
finally got the stereo upgrade done this past weekend - here is the 10" Clarion SVC I got for cheap in the box the kid made up (his first go at a sub box - not a bad job). Works pretty good with the Kicker700.5 and new Clarion M475 deck. Tower speakers are in next year's budget.

Hope to work on second battery install this weekend with switch.

btriantos
07-16-2009, 03:32 PM
here is one in a x-star replacing the stock sub and adding a fiberglass enclosure.

I love this concept! How did you do it? If you had someone do it for you, what did it cost?

btriantos
07-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Infinity Basslink 10" powered sub 49402added to ski locker..

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Since this thread started I changed my downfiring bow filler box to a rear firing. Looks better and, oddly enough, sounds better. 12" Kicker. Box is fully sealed and fills the entire bow walkway.

btriantos
08-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Have any of you guys done an enclosure on the stock sub? If so, do you know the dimensions of storage area (my sub fires directly at the back of the drivers seat in my X30)? I am thniking about making a dual sub/single enclosure there. The stock sub firing at the drivers seat, and another firing down into the hull. Has anyone tried this? Do you think it would work/improve sound? (base this off of enclosing the stock sub). Thanks! Getting ready for the winter's project

BriEOD
01-31-2010, 10:35 AM
Check out this install in an X-45. Wow!! Bet it booms!:cool:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/769975.html?1264794495

TX.X-30 fan
01-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Very cool setup there. The one at the top of that page used pressboard for the enclosure??

medicmoose
01-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Very cool setup there. The one at the top of that page used pressboard for the enclosure??

That's a question I had for you guys building enclosures....are most of your using a fiberglass box or using traditional wood/carpet boxes?

BriEOD
01-31-2010, 02:15 PM
The best idea I've seen is to use MDF and have it sprayed with Line-X (truck bedliner).

JohnE
01-31-2010, 02:28 PM
If I were building one I'd use Azak. (PVC wood) And cover it with carpet. I like the Rhino liner idea though. The sub in my old 197 was just in a standard sub enclosure meant for a car. It absorbed so much moisture that it swelled and got stuck/ wedged under the observer's seat. I had to cut it out with a sawzall.

DBrown2
02-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Post Up Some Sub Ideas for V drives, besides under steering wheel... in the old PS190 two 8's rocked it, but you couldnt really hear the base, if you where on the Teak... but sitting in the driver or passenger it rocked...
So wanting good thump all around... But not looking to win a Bass contest.. Just for it to hit nice.

fentong
02-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Here is my sub install in my 2001 Maristar 230. I got a lot of great input from folks on this forum to spec out the install including Brucemac, prostar205, mpabreo, and others. I would have done it a little differently and have the sub box sprayed with truck bed liner. You can actually buy it and spray it yourself. I decided to put Ice damn over my MDF box and then heat it up with a 500W halogen flood light to adhere it to the box. Tip to others out there, don't leave the light on it too long before presss fitting, or hold off on the beers until this part of the job is done, check out the fingerprints on the melted ice damn. DAMN... This year I'm replacing the amp with the some new JL HD series and adding tower speakers. This SUB rocks!!! I think the little orb in the last pictuers was finishing all of my beers the night I did the install.

Thrall
02-24-2010, 10:30 AM
P hat, that is one of the coolest looking installs I've seen (cept maybe the X45 pic!)
While I don't want to lose the floor space, how does that hold up to all the water either from passengers or the occasional rollers over the bow?
My Boston sub in the new boat is not near as creative, but came complete with the boat in the factory enclosure box with a tunable radiator opposite side of the driver.
It wedges perfectly behind the starboard front seat jsut in front of the removable access panel for all the dash wiring.
It's side firing (outward for now), may turn it 180 and see of it makes a difference and sounds great even with the cob job wiring the po used (18ga spkr wire, and cheesy power cables). Can't wait to see how it sounds when I get it wired up right.

capnkirk52
02-24-2010, 10:38 AM
fentong..... where did you get that grill for your w6? I just put a W7 in the stock location on my 07 xstar and need a good grill like that.

brucemac
02-24-2010, 10:49 AM
nice work fentong! is that a 10in W6? hard to tell. what's driving it? you decided to go sealed from the looks of it. i bet the bass is tight. good job!

fentong
02-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Brucemac, it's a JL 12W6V2. I opted for this at mapabreo's recommendation versus going with a marine sub. And I have absolutely no regrets. I used the MDF sealed box dimensions from the JL site but have to reduce the depth of the box by .75" to accommodate the double thickness front panel and the space available in the factory under dash bulkhead. They say you can go +/- 10% on the dimensions so acoustically I think I'm still good.

Currently it's being driven my the Kicker 700.5 which has 250W of sub output. However I'm considering swapping that out for the new JL MHD-900.5 this spring which will provide a true 500W regardless of the variable input voltage. With the Kicker I'd be surprised it it is coming anywhere near the 250W as they are typically rated at 14V.

Besides that, it sounds fantastic. It's truly 'linear' sound not just a boom box. It came very high recommended on many sites and I'm not disappointed at all. I just wonder how much better it will perform if I power it properly.

capnkirk52, I got the grill from Crutchfields. Although the sub is tucked way up under the dash area well away from my feet, I wanted to protect it. And the JL grill was relatively cheap, designed specifically for that speaker, and doesn't detract from the look of the sub. It also just presses on and in very easy to remove if needed.

brucemac
02-24-2010, 02:08 PM
nice. i've considered going back to a sealed enclosure. i had a JL W3 sealed in my last boat and it was nice, not great, but clean and tight. you're lucky, you've got lots of room under there. i'm limited do the size of my boat, heater, etc. i'd really like to go to a wetsounds xxx in a ported box, but i simply don't have the room. considered doing a W6 or W7 in a sealed box as well. i'm currently pushing a 10in ID with 650W's, so it wouldn't be much work to go to JL if i went the sealed route, again if it would fit. i like what sealed boxes do at lower to mid volumes, but also like what a ported can do at louder volumes. :) maybe next year, i'll look more into it. you happen to remember off the top of your head what the outer dimensions were of your enclosure?

Ski-me
02-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Infinity Basslink 10" powered sub 49402added to ski locker..

How does the Infinity Basslink sound in there? I was thinking about getting it for my 205 b/c of it being an "all-in-one" unit.....amp and speaker.

fentong
02-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Brucemac, the recommended dimensions for the 12W6v2 sealed enclosure are W 18 in. x H 14 in. x D 12.75 in. And I recall taking the .75 off the depth to accommodate the space available and still have a double thick front plate. I wish I could go ported but this just seemed to be the most practical solution. And the reality is that the majority of the listening is at mid volume and below.

DBrown2
02-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Anyone got other locations?

btriantos
02-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Yes, I'd like to see this too. I am really curious if anyone has taken the stock sub location (behind the drivers seat) and added a second sub in the same compartment. I would like to do this and enclose it but need some ideas. Preferably, I would like the second sub to down fire into the hull.

btriantos
02-25-2010, 11:25 AM
I was looking for any pictures of subwoofer installs in your MCs. I saw Diesel's install in his MC (Very nice!), but was hoping to see a few more to get some more ideas for mine. Thanks, Shawn

Yes, I'd like to see this too. I am really curious if anyone has taken the stock sub location (behind the drivers seat) and added a second sub in the same compartment. I would like to do this and enclose it but need some ideas. Preferably, I would like the second sub to down fire into the hull.

btriantos
02-25-2010, 11:26 AM
How does the Infinity Basslink sound in there? I was thinking about getting it for my 205 b/c of it being an "all-in-one" unit.....amp and speaker.

I have one located up in my ski locker. It's a really nice additional sub, and I recommend installing it standing up and facing the inner and outter walls.

DBrown2
02-25-2010, 05:08 PM
I have saw these in the other threads... Anyone else working on a winter project... Or am I going to have post up after I have done mine..

Wake2004
02-27-2010, 02:29 AM
Here are some pictures of my sub installs. The under dash sub has been replaced with a Rockford 12" M2, this is installed in a free-air design because of lack of space because of the heater. I felt that the woofer would perform better in a free-air environment than to put it in a box that would be too small.

The previous owner of the boat had already cut the hole for the port side sub grill so I mounted a Rockford grill over the existing grill. The box is a sealed enclosure mounted behind the grill opening, it is another Rockford 12 M2 woofer. I am sure many of you would be too scared to cut this hole but I can say that this location rocks and the port sub generates 75% of the audio-able output.

DBrown2
02-27-2010, 10:17 AM
nice. I have been kicking this around along with some down fire under L shape seating along with side pockets.

I basically have rounded up some old subs along with some pawn shop stuff and hope to add two 8's and two 12's ..

I am thinking the stock clarion has to go but will see.

Dan_Lorenze
03-02-2010, 10:42 AM
I recently added a 10" sub in the port side compartment of my X30. The sub is a JL M10W5 that I put in a tuned box, I purchased the box off of a guy on ebay, he makes them to the specs of the speakers requirements, they are made of 3/4 MDF then sprayed with a Rhino type coating. I recently bought a JL M1700 mono block amp to drive my 2-10's, my other sub is the stock JL M10IB5 that's placed in the large compartment behind the drivers seat with no box as it's designed to work in areas without a box with it's "Infinate Baffle" design.

The best thing you can do to your stock system is take the sub off the 6 channel JL amp, it's just not enough to drive a subwoofer at a high level IMO. After the install I compared the two different subs back to back, I must say the stock JL with no box holds its own, properly powered it really does a fantastic job with no box, once you put the seat cusion back on the speaker it really takes to life and moves real nice. I'm very impressed with the M10W5 in the box, sounds fantastic and was simple to install.. There has been some talk on here about installing a box around the stock sub, after my comparison it's something I have no interest in doing, they both sound equally great. My mostly stock system sounds better than I thought it would, anything that is in the cup holders gets rattled big time.

The stock JL M770's are heros.. Hard to believe that all the sound in the cockpit is being generated by 2 subs with just a pair of mids and tweets.. I would like to come up with with a plan to add two more somewhere, just because. You would think that a pair facing down from the tower would be a great place but haven't seen it done too much..

Here are pics of the new M10W5 in the box. I played around with the box in different positions, facing up, down firing but I think I'll go with facing back at my cooler because I feel it sounded best in that position and takes up little space.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Dan_Lorenze/DSC03441.jpg?t=1267544280

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Dan_Lorenze/DSC03447.jpg?t=1267544345

Sodar
03-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Looks Nice, Dan!

DBrown2
03-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Now this is what I am talking about l like it... I found out last night the Sub I was told was in the boat, actually didnt exist under the Cockpit... but I can see where the cut out goes, in the board... Looks like a 12" pre cut slot, but my carpet is over it, with maybe a Air port below... but just guessin on my Maristar 210

bturner2
03-02-2010, 06:02 PM
The large hole should be for a sub the other for the heater vent but I'm sure you could use it for whatever you want.....

Dan_Lorenze
03-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Looks Nice, Dan!

Thanks brother...

DBrown2
03-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Bump so last night I start planning my sub install. I get my old pro star box with two 8" that are old school mtx road thunder. well I have two jbl amps now one 200 and one 400. the 400 powers the two 7" jbl tower and the other the factory jbl speakers. sounds decent but needed thump. so I played around with wiring and still couldn't get subs pushing much.
so I had my old accostic 260 amp that pushed 8's good but out of rca hook ups. so can I split one set of rca jacks? or do I just need to replace the small 200 amp with something much larger?
I thought moving 400 to interiors and the new big amp say 1000 watts for tower and subs. I plan on pushing these two plus a 10 in factory slot under Driver area... Mine has never been cut out, but the hole is there...

thoughts? can I split rca ?? or just upgrade to a bigger amp?? sorry being tight wad and wanted to use what I had.

The 8's have hit for me for 10-15 years... so I am kinda hung on them... They go vehicle to vehicle, and now boat to boat.

I am thinking of dropping the 8's in the nose area, on passenger side or in the side pocket areas... or build seperates and put them under each rear seat, on left and right.

Lastly I see on Craigslist, tons of Subs cheap... What are some good Subs that have been around... I am not looking to win a contest... just produce decent sound.. I scratch my head at guys spending 300-700 for 1 12" Sub

americanskierJim
03-13-2010, 01:26 PM
I have a question with mounting a 10" sub to the kick board behind the spotter seat. Will it hurt the structure of the boat if I where to cut on hole in it? Here is a pic.

Cloaked
03-13-2010, 07:09 PM
I have a question with mounting a 10" sub to the kick board behind the spotter seat. Will it hurt the structure of the boat if I where to cut on hole in it? Here is a pic.
No Sir. ......

TX.X-30 fan
03-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Don't drop the soap.

americanskierJim
03-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Cloaked, thanks for your reply now I can get the sub in place.

DBrown2
03-15-2010, 10:27 AM
sometimes I feel like Farris buellar lb this board.. anyone want to answer my questions?

Shaun315
03-15-2010, 12:30 PM
sometimes I feel like Farris buellar lb this board.. anyone want to answer my questions?

Can you post the part numbers of your JL Amps?

Do either have pass through RCAs?

DBrown2
03-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Will get shortly and post...

Explain meaning of "Pass Thru RCA"... I know the Big Amp has two places for RCA's...

Edit... Aparently I went brain dead... I have Clarion Amps not JBl

Clarion APX 400.4m
2/3/4 Channel Amp is what is says... This Amp Runs tower Speakers... One Speaker on Front Channel and One on Rear... its bridged... meaning ie... Positive on Left, and Negative on Right side... then Same on Rear....
I played with this, and moved the Tower speakers just to the front channel... and then the sub box to the rear channel... they finally moved some but nothing hitting that hard...

Clarion APX 200.2m
Runs all 4 Stock Speakers.. and they are peaked with push from it... I tuned amp for less Bass... they where making a ding ding sound... Turned up the gain... and got a decent Tweet, Mid from them...

So still missing Thump... Can I tweak what I got??? or Can I split one of the RCA Cable sets running to one of the Amps to power a 3rd... or just dump the Small or Big, and get a bigger one.

In my 190... the Accoustic 260 Ran just the Subs... and it gave them a work out...

Thrall
03-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Can I split one of the RCA Cable sets running to one of the Amps to power a 3rd... or just dump the Small or Big, and get a bigger one.

Yes you can split the signal. I'm not sure how many times you can split of use the same signal before line voltage drops, but I ran 1 pr (front) of RCAs to my sub amp, 1 pr of RCAs out of the pass thru on the sub amp to two splitters (4 channels) on one of my full range amps and it works just fine.
A pass thru is a line signal output, so you can daisy chain the signal to multiple amps from one set of stereo line outputs.

DBrown2
03-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Signal has been split... all is good... Thks for the reply and thoughts.. Now just have to tune it a little

bxroads
03-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Closed bows don't suck, especially for sub mounting. The Kicker 750.1 pushes the lone 10" solobaric which can handle all the punishment the 750.1 can dish out. Bass is tremendous with this combo, especially bouncing off the closed bow. I doubt you will find a single 10" sub that pounds harder.

Women fight over the observer's seat.........

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4439209812_ac06a61213_o.jpg

DBrown2
03-16-2010, 09:34 PM
I agree, my two 8's pounded hard in the 190... I am having to rebuild my old box... it want fit...
Thinking of one 8 on Right side in nose, and one on left side in nose.

Been shopping Craigslist for some other subs...

skitilldark
03-17-2010, 04:00 PM
This set up is in a 2001 X9. Those are 3-1500 watt Kenwood amps on the left and 2-800 watt Kenwoods mounted to the side of the sub boxes. There is a 10" sub in the front and a 12" in the rear ski locker. The two 800 watt amps drive the subs. The other 3 amps drive 9 triaxials including two on the tower. There is a capacitor on the right to regulate the voltage draws. I had to push the alternator from a factory 60(I think) to a 110 to keep up with everything. I run everything thru two gel batteries to keep the power going. I had to isolate the gels from the main battery however to keep power to start the boat. If I play Flo Rida, I think I can kill fish under the boat.

DBrown2
03-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Nice Setup..

jdl xstar
03-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Just got another 10" JL sub installed today. I wont win any style points for this install but it sure sounds great having two subs! :guitar:

BEFORE:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4049/4458500446_cd70bfeb00_b.jpg

AFTER:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/4458500568_0e43c44650_b.jpg

CottagerGreg
03-23-2010, 10:51 PM
How does it sound with the 2nd JL 10" sub there? Did you have it free air or did you put a sealed enclosure behind it?

Sodar
03-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Looks good, jlardsen!

afkvrts
03-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Those are all nice but...

:)

How about two 12's

JL - 500-1 subs
JL - 300-4 highs
MB-Quarts 4 6x9 interior
MB-Quarts 4 6" tower
2 JL 12w3v2 12"

Been in the boat for over 4 years - no problems never a dead batt.

afkvrts
03-24-2010, 12:50 AM
Lots of stereo in this boat !!!

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=34487

:D

jdl xstar
03-24-2010, 10:39 AM
How does it sound with the 2nd JL 10" sub there? Did you have it free air or did you put a sealed enclosure behind it?

It sounds great. It sounds "fuller" if I can use that word to describe it. The added low end helps complement the abundance of mids (10 in my case). No box needed since this I got an infinite baffle sub which is the same as what comes stock with these boats.

I had 4 spare channels from my amp so by adding this sub, I still have 2 more if I need them down the road. I orgininally wanted to put the sub by the driver's feet under the stearing wheel, but when the tech looked behind the panel, there were just too many things to move around so we chose under the passenger seat. The back of the speaker is only 3 or 4 inches deep so I'm not comprimising the storage under that seat. FYI, got it off ebay for $199, new, unopenned with free shipping. $100 bucks for install at a local custom audio shop.

Looks good, jlardsen!

I appreciate that!

CottagerGreg
03-24-2010, 11:59 AM
sweet thanks for the information

dutchie
03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Flashy...i added 2 more subwoofers beside the 'standard' 10". I added another 10" on the starboard side in front of the aluminum doors of my x-star and added a bazooka 8" tube in the compartment in the back. Adding the 10" in the front adds so much quality sound in the front it is amazing. I will take some pix later and post them...

X-Aggie
03-25-2010, 11:15 AM
This is my old setup: 2 JL 10W6v2D4's in sealed Line X Coated Boxes, and 1 JL 13W7 in a sealed Resin coated 1in Plywood box. 1 1000/1 on the 13W7 and another split between the W6's. Pictures are pre Line X and grills.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/OogsAggie/MasterCraft/IMG_0061.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/OogsAggie/MasterCraft/?action=view&current=IMG_0061.jpg)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/OogsAggie/MasterCraft/IMG_0063.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/OogsAggie/MasterCraft/?action=view&current=IMG_0063.jpg)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/OogsAggie/MasterCraft/IMG_0054.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/OogsAggie/MasterCraft/?action=view&current=IMG_0054.jpg)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/OogsAggie/MasterCraft/IMG_0058.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/OogsAggie/MasterCraft/?action=view&current=IMG_0058.jpg)

DBrown2
03-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Now we are getting some where... I finally installed my 2 8"s, 210 VRS Passenger nose side. I made the box.. Tall and Skinny... so a ski or what ever can still slide up if needed... sounds great... Looking to add one or two more...

Probably a Free Air under Drivers in stock location... and then another... In The Rear...

My Box now... I played with how to fire it... It sounds best... Firing up instead of toward the cockpit... just by facing it up... It got Deeper and harder sounding...

dutchie
03-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Here is my upgrade...it has got the standard 10" JL sub behind the driver and i added 1 JL 10" in the front. Both of them are driven by a 500 W RMS Kenwood monoblock Amplifier. Additional to that i added a bazooka tube in the back of the boat and i hooked that one up on 2 channels of the 6 channel JL amp. I have 10 channels left over to drive all the speakers in the boat(6 in the boat and 4 on the tower). With a little help from the internet i was able to get this job done for $350...definitely worth it...:)

dutchie
03-27-2010, 07:52 PM
here is a better shot of both 10"'s

brucemac
03-27-2010, 11:30 PM
here is a better shot of both 10"'s

that is a sweet boat. don't get that carpet dirty!!!

Dan_Lorenze
03-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Nice ride Dutchie......

DBrown2
05-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Anyone else??? Just dropped mine off at a semi Local Shop, I was over playing with it.

Wake2004
05-19-2010, 12:27 AM
My subs include 2 12" Rockford Fosgate M2 series subs, 1 under dash in a "free-air" type enclosure and 1 in the port storage compartment in a sealed enclosure vented through the walkway area. Both subs are driven by a Rockford Power series T1000-1BD. Sound incredible!! I highly suggest all of Rockford's M2 line.

DBrown2
05-19-2010, 02:11 PM
That's clean.. good install

DBrown2
06-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Alright semi local shop has me tuned up. Of course they wanted to totally redo etc it went from 500 to 2500 quote real quick. I was starting to get that ole feeling of a screw coming. So I paid for window tint and one hour of testing and pulled out.

So now I am in Florida and shopping... I have forgot does my 210 Maristar 2001 have on driver side a 10" or 12' factory cut out under cockpit. Mine as I stated never has been..

Plenty of good subs .. cheap dwn here.. so do I need 10 or 12

DBrown2
06-06-2010, 07:45 AM
Bueller..10 or 12

BriEOD
06-06-2010, 08:46 AM
I'm going to "guess" a 10".

My 2000 PS 205 had a 10.

dgaugler
06-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Here's my weekend project since the weather in Montana hasn't decided to cooperate yet.

I wanted to go with two tens in this space but I would have had to sacrifice another two inches of leg room and being a taller guy this was all I could do.

The sub is an aluminum cone Elclipse and the bow is just 0.6 sqft. I was really impressed with the way it sounds, these subs are amazing for only using as much space as they do.The box was made out of 3/4 MDF, then fiber glassed and painted. I figured the fiber glassing would be a good way of waterproofing the box. I might carpet it later so it blends in a little better.

Brian B
05-02-2011, 06:24 PM
This thread is bumpworthy!

Keep the pics coming! :)

robin
05-22-2011, 07:39 PM
just put this sub in. it is a kicker c12, in a sealed box. it is powered by a jl xd600/6.

Double D
05-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Used Amps, one for tower speakers and one for subwoofer, which is down-firing in the black box.

houtexX30
05-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Kicker L7 12" in a downfire box. Powered by a Memphis M class 1100.1

kskonn
05-23-2011, 03:34 PM
I have a wetsounds XXX in a ported downfire box in the ski locker. Slams like crazy.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e86/kskonnord/xxxsubindownfireportedbox.jpg

Barefooter92
05-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Did some work on my fuel tank this spring and found some room on the starboard stern for a sub/bazooka. Does anyone use those anymore? Anyway does anyone have any opinions about installing speakers behind the seat near the fuel cell?

CLTMC
05-23-2011, 11:44 PM
2011 X-25 6.2L Charlotte Ski Boats “Boat Show Display” Freemans Stereo Video/JL Audio Promotional Boat

2 JL 10"W6's in a band pass box ported through 4 additional heater vents. JL Audio HD Amplifiers, Line Driver, Custom driver side On Off control panel for each zone. Red Led Back Lit Everything, This boat sounded very good.

CLTMC
05-23-2011, 11:54 PM
I sat in the boat for hours listening to all of my favorite songs; the bass was very very intense.

Brian B
06-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Kicker L7 12" in a downfire box. Powered by a Memphis M class 1100.1

How does this sound? Over kill? Incredible?

How do you feel about the loss of leg room? Do you have a heater vent relocated?

I'm ready to pull the trigger on 2 10" L7s down firing. One where yours is, and one behine observers seat. I'm starting to think it could be overkill, buit I really want this thing to hit. I'd like to hear bass while skiing/boarding.......

Those of you with 1 speaker behind observers seat.... What dont you like about it? I'm sure it shakes the boat, but is the bass audible?

Thanks!

nickespi
06-01-2011, 07:40 PM

How do you feel about the loss of leg room? Do you have a heater vent relocated?

I'm ready to pull the trigger on 2 10" L7s down firing. One where yours is, and one behine observers seat. I'm starting to think it could be overkill, buit I really want this thing to hit. I'd like to hear bass while skiing/boarding.......

Those of you with 1 speaker behind observers seat.... What dont you like about it? I'm sure it shakes the boat, but is the bass audible?

Thanks!

I have 2 Kicker 12's. One under the dash and one behind observer seat. Both are ported to the bow. Hits harder than any non-competition car I've heard. I'm all for it!

Brian B
06-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks! I'm also a little bit worried about rattling the boat apart. My boat had 100 hours on it when I got it and I've found at least 5 nuts and bolts in the hull rolling around. Any input?

Brian B
06-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Anyone have experience with Kickers pre-fab marine box's?

http://www.kicker.com/skm10

I measured and this should fit upright under the dash without losing too much leg room...... Will have to relocate the drivers heater vent. Maybe hang it under the column?

BriEOD
06-01-2011, 10:03 PM
I have a 10" Kicker marine sub, but built my own box. It slams!

agarabaghi
06-02-2011, 08:03 AM

I measured and this should fit upright under the dash without losing too much leg room...... Will have to relocate the drivers heater vent. Maybe hang it under the column?

Looks nice. When i get bored of the baffle mounted 10" JL sub I might just have to try that box out.

houtexX30
06-02-2011, 08:05 AM

Thanks!

It sounds great while inside the boat. The only downside to a down firing sub is that, at least in my case, most of the bass is contained within the hull. I'm probably going to re-build the box to fire towards the driver as I would like the bass to be more audible while behind the boat. I'm also considering changing out the L7 for 2 L5's for next season just to push a little more air and give it some more volume.

The box itself is only about 4 inches closer to the driver than the stock panel was so we really didn't lose much legroom nor does the boat have a heater. The only thing that needed relocating was the MMDC.

Hope this helps

Brian B
06-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Thanks! Whats the MMDC? Is that the little box with hoses running into it?

agarabaghi
06-02-2011, 12:32 PM
I had to move 2 boxes under the dash a bit to get the sub to mount. I think one was for the speed and 1 was for the pp i think.

Brian B
06-06-2011, 03:17 AM
Well, I decided to install 1 10" L7 Kicker down firing behind observers seat. Feeding it 1000 watts. With the seat up it sounds incredible. Seat down, not so much. Anyone ever ported the fiberglass in the walkway to let the sound out?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c250/ultimatuc2/IMG_0105.jpg

JRW160
06-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Kicker solo baric L7 15 in a 2.0 cubic foot box in a 2003 X2 powered by a kicker dx1000.1. I have a couple more batteries crammed in there now, but you get the idea. I honestly haven't heard anything louder. Amp and sub can be had for about $500 on ebay.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5026/5629153063_6ca37d589d.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/61777212@N03/5629153063/)
IMG_3790 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/61777212@N03/5629153063/)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5190/5629734198_6c47b61d17.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/61777212@N03/5629734198/)
IMG_3789 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/61777212@N03/5629734198/)

krutzmart
08-29-2011, 06:47 PM
12 polk 6 1/2's with tweets, 4 12" alpine type x subs, 1 audiobahn 2400 on speaks, and audiobahn 1200 mono on the subs
Rockford 10 fared capaciter
Alternator upgrade to 140 amp and may go to 200 amp soon
Need more batteries........Maybe a fork truck battery would work ? JK
I cut out a spot in walk thru for subs. The best way to get sound out from under dash.
I made a trim panel to cove it up.

Brian B
08-30-2011, 02:00 PM
^ How much did that walkway port help the sound? I need to do the same!

gatorguy
08-30-2011, 02:04 PM
I cut out a spot in walk thru for subs. The best way to get sound out from under dash.

Do you think you lost any hull rigidity? Is there any reason not to do this? I have thought about doing the same thing, but hate to cut big holes in things that are hard to put back.

krutzmart
08-30-2011, 04:53 PM
I still hit double up's and big surf wakes, no issue's here.
My friends nautique had an access door to get to a cooler years ago and I got the idea from that.
I don't think I have lost any integrity in the hull or dash for that matter.
Give them a few years and it will be an expansive option....
It sounds great....

krutzmart
08-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Oh,
Be sure to use lock tight on everything. I over Kill it, stainless steel everything, lock wax nuts with lock tight.
This will help prevent those loose screws from the vibration.

BriEOD
06-06-2012, 01:39 PM
I have been meaning to post this photo.

JRW160
06-06-2012, 02:34 PM
12 polk 6 1/2's with tweets, 4 12" alpine type x subs, 1 audiobahn 2400 on speaks, and audiobahn 1200 mono on the subs
Rockford 10 fared capaciter
Alternator upgrade to 140 amp and may go to 200 amp soon
Need more batteries........Maybe a fork truck battery would work ? JK
Is that all black vinyl in the boat?

brucemac
06-06-2012, 06:20 PM

looks good Brian! hope you have a great season!

ZachDaddy
06-10-2012, 09:21 PM
This is our setup: A JL 12w6v2 in a sealed box with the old free air sub as a vent. I'm using a JL 750/1 amp this year. I'm searching for a bass reflex or ported box that would fit in this area but it just to small. I could put a second sub in the passenger compartment like the Xstar did a few posts back. The sub hammers but I'm waiting for the Wetsound XXX v2 to get a little time out in the world before I make anymore changes.

SkiMor
11-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Looks good. Thanks for the ideas guys.

Theclarks1111
02-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Just stumbled upon this, I know its old. I wanted to find out what type of distribution blocks you used for this setup. And where did you find them. Thanks.

This is my old setup: 2 JL 10W6v2D4's in sealed Line X Coated Boxes, and 1 JL 13W7 in a sealed Resin coated 1in Plywood box. 1 1000/1 on the 13W7 and another split between the W6's. Pictures are pre Line X and grills.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/OogsAggie/MasterCraft/IMG_0061.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/OogsAggie/MasterCraft/?action=view&current=IMG_0061.jpg)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/OogsAggie/MasterCraft/IMG_0063.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/OogsAggie/MasterCraft/?action=view&current=IMG_0063.jpg)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/OogsAggie/MasterCraft/IMG_0054.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/OogsAggie/MasterCraft/?action=view&current=IMG_0054.jpg)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/OogsAggie/MasterCraft/IMG_0058.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/OogsAggie/MasterCraft/?action=view&current=IMG_0058.jpg)

dvsone79
02-27-2013, 03:43 PM
12" Polk audio sub in a ported box that my brother had lying around, not in use, so he donated it to a good cause. Carpet doesn't match and it takes up a lot of space, but it makes up for all that and then some when you hear it!

BriEOD
02-27-2013, 04:42 PM
12" Polk audio sub in a ported box that my brother had lying around, not in use, so he donated it to a good cause. Carpet doesn't match and it takes up a lot of space, but it makes up for all that and then some when you hear it!

As a gentle suggestion, you might consider removing the kickplate and sliding the box under the helm. You can rebuild the kickplate to accommodate the box. If you scroll up a few posts you can see I did just that.

dvsone79
02-28-2013, 12:06 AM
As a gentle suggestion, you might consider removing the kickplate and sliding the box under the helm. You can rebuild the kickplate to accommodate the box. If you scroll up a few posts you can see I did just that.

That's a great suggestion. Is the kick plate relatively easy to remove?

BriEOD
02-28-2013, 05:06 PM
That's a great suggestion. Is the kick plate relatively easy to remove?

It is not terribly difficult to remove. Remove the screws and pull from the side closest to the side of the boat.

monsterwake
03-01-2013, 10:21 PM
I just found that my X1 already has a woofer cut out on the drivers kick plate. The carpet is just not cut. Perfect circle if you push on the carpet. It must have been a factory option.

JRW160
03-01-2013, 11:03 PM
I just found that my X1 already has a woofer cut out on the drivers kick plate. The carpet is just not cut. Perfect circle if you push on the carpet. It must have been a factory option.
Don't install a sub on that thin factory kick plate if you want it to sound decent.

ProStar200
03-02-2013, 09:42 AM
I have two 12's in a box under the Bow, with an Amp behind the kick plate near the Battery. The box has an extra 4' of cable so I can pull it out from under the Bow when moored up with friends or anchored.

orbeamlb
03-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Considering adding an amplified Bazooka Bass Tube in the bow of my PS200, any thoughts?

BriEOD
03-02-2013, 02:56 PM
I don't think you'll be satisfied.

east tx skier
03-02-2013, 05:25 PM
I don't think you'll be satisfied.

Agreed. Even in the confines of my closed bow facing a variety of directions, a bazooka from the previous owner with 250 watts on it was barely audible. Putting less power than that on a little 8" Polk MM series sub in a sealed box made a world of difference. Not fish killing bass thump. But very nice musical bass, even when underway. Closed bows are a nice canvas for sub bass.

TOO-TALL
03-02-2013, 07:51 PM

Very nice!
How much does it stick out the kick panel?

Trying to figure out where to mount a box on my 2003 x2.
The kicker 10 in its already made box is looking like a good solution.

TOO-TALL
03-02-2013, 07:59 PM

Hmmm.... might have to try this out

BriEOD
03-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Very nice!
How much does it stick out the kick panel?

Trying to figure out where to mount a box on my 2003 x2.
The kicker 10 in its already made box is looking like a good solution.

Surprisingly, there is a lot of unused real estate behind the kick panel. I had to relocate my Perfect Pass module and the electronic module control board, but it was rather simple to slide a sealed 10" box I built into the space. I ended up making a new kick panel and using the carpet off the old kick panel to match. It might stick out 2" at most. The one thing you'll need to do is elevate the box and inch or two as there is a small lip where the floor under the helm transitions to the floor in the front of the boat. If you look in your walkway to the bow there should be the same transition. Also, there is a tunnel that runs from under the observer seat to under the helm. It is very easy to fish wires through and it keeps them hidden and dry. Overall, it is a pretty easy job and tried and tested place for a sub. Good luck.

TOO-TALL
03-02-2013, 10:25 PM
I just went out and looked behind my kick panel my heater core in there So I only have about 4" from my sub that's in there now to the heater core.So that idea is out.

The pre made 10 kicker box is looking like my best option.I have room to mount it along the port side hull behind the observers seat in the storage compartment.
How much do you think mounting the kicker sub in there baffle the sound?

EarmarkMarine
03-03-2013, 08:31 AM
I just went out and looked behind my kick panel my heater core in there So I only have about 4" from my sub that's in there now to the heater core.So that idea is out.

The pre made 10 kicker box is looking like my best option.I have room to mount it along the port side hull behind the observers seat in the storage compartment.
How much do you think mounting the kicker sub in there baffle the sound?

Within an enclosed observer's locker, the woofer will have to travel four times farther and the amplifier will have to generate four times the power to equal the same output of a direct-radiating woofer on the starboard side. From within the port locker you can produce 'boom', 'hit', 'rumble' and boat shakin', but you won't get much musical bass makin', attack or transients as those articulate qualities will be filtered out. The woofer and amplifier that operates most conservatively always sounds better....and lasts longer.
In the end you may have to compromise based on what the boat gives you. If you do go on the port side, venting that compartment with a vent open surface area equal to or greater than the woofer radiating surface area, will help.

David

orbeamlb
03-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Agreed. Even in the confines of my closed bow facing a variety of directions, a bazooka from the previous owner with 250 watts on it was barely audible. Putting less power than that on a little 8" Polk MM series sub in a sealed box made a world of difference. Not fish killing bass thump. But very nice musical bass, even when underway. Closed bows are a nice canvas for sub bass.

Thanks for the input. I have Polk db series speakers already and pleased with them. Just need some low end to balance things out.

Dweibel
07-25-2013, 09:53 AM
any opinions as to cutting a hole for a new sub, or putting an enclosed box under the seats behind the amps?

Traxx822
07-25-2013, 05:00 PM
any opinions as to cutting a hole for a new sub, or putting an enclosed box under the seats behind the amps?

I cut a hole.

EarmarkMarine
07-25-2013, 06:11 PM
Hopefully the subwoofer and coaxial are not sharing the same air space.

David

Traxx822
07-25-2013, 06:30 PM
They are not Earmark to my knowledge. I believe there is a devider in between.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Traxx822
07-25-2013, 06:35 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=29467

EarmarkMarine
07-25-2013, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=Traxx822;960615]They are not Earmark to my knowledge. I believe there is a devider in between.

Given the close proximity of the woofer and coaxial, one of the two must be totally enclosed.
If both are infinite baffle then the 10" sub requires 2.25 + cu.ft. and the 7.7" coaxial needs about 1.0 + cu.ft. Again, only one of the two IB speakers needs to be enclosed.
Here is a test to conduct.
Disconnect the 7.7" next to the sub. Turn on the system with some material having strong bass and turn up the volume. If the unhooked 7.7" is moving and acting like a sympathetic radiator then it is being modulated by the sub....which should not be the case.
Why is this bad? Because via the HP and LP active crossovers they shouldn't play the same info. Because the modulation of the coaxial by the sub constitutes distortion that muddies up both the midbass and the midrange. Because the modulated coaxial midbass cone is moving out of phase with the output of the subwoofer creating cancellations.

David

Traxx822
07-25-2013, 09:25 PM
[QUOTE=Traxx822;960615]They are not Earmark to my knowledge. I believe there is a devider in between.

Given the close proximity of the woofer and coaxial, one of the two must be totally enclosed.
If both are infinite baffle then the 10" sub requires 2.25 + cu.ft. and the 7.7" coaxial needs about 1.0 + cu.ft. Again, only one of the two IB speakers needs to be enclosed.
Here is a test to conduct.
Disconnect the 7.7" next to the sub. Turn on the system with some material having strong bass and turn up the volume. If the unhooked 7.7" is moving and acting like a sympathetic radiator then it is being modulated by the sub....which should not be the case.
Why is this bad? Because via the HP and LP active crossovers they shouldn't play the same info. Because the modulation of the coaxial by the sub constitutes distortion that muddies up both the midbass and the midrange. Because the modulated coaxial midbass cone is moving out of phase with the output of the subwoofer creating cancellations.

David

That's interesting information. I never thought of it. Glad I think I lucked out because the 7.7 cockpit is not IB. The sub is. The M7.7 coax is pretty enclosed by the partition wall the amps are mounted to. I'd be lucky if it's 1.0 cu ft but I'd say I'm close enough.

The sub bass sounds great. I think I should be getting more out of my 7.7's because the cones hardly move. Even when cranked and large bass. I think I have my amps set up wrong.

That's another issue I'm posting up soon.

I think I lucked out on what you are talking about. Good think it's forward from the partition.

clrussell
02-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Saving for later... Thanks to everyone for the ideas

geshields
02-03-2014, 01:17 PM
Here is a pic of my subwoofer install. Wetsounds XS-XXXv2 powered by a JL HD750/1.

They did a fantastic job on this install. Sub hits hard in the ported box!

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s39/geshields/photo-1.jpg

JRW160
04-12-2014, 01:58 PM
Solo baric L7 15 in a 1.6 cubic foot box

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-cSKZZFZglxY/U0l-mRkLUbI/AAAAAAABqY4/LB8OWHLYElc/s640/20140412_104425.jpg