PDA

View Full Version : truck paint scheme

rodltg2
03-14-2006, 02:04 PM
so i think ive decided to keep my dodge truck and customize it into a cool truck that can double as a company advertisement.

what do you guys think of this?
( dont give to hard a time it was a quick job on paint)

if i do something like this should i have it painted ( not good for resale) , decals ? or body wrap?

how much would i be looking at?

please dont get to upset , but im going to post a pic of my boat so you can see what im shooting for. i will delete after i get some feedback... i value your guys opinions so if you could bare with me it would be great..

rodltg2
03-14-2006, 02:07 PM
it will only be up for a little while , please excuse me... i just know there alot of people on this board that can help me out...

original photo deleetd, here is one to make up for the boat pic...

captkidd
03-14-2006, 02:10 PM
I like the paint scheme, but you can forget the part about "bare with me". I don't play that. (however, I will bear with you, big difference) :D

I think paint would have greater longevity, and if it is done tastefully and professionally shouldn't drastically affect your resale. Obviously the text portion should be vinyl or magnetic graphics and not painted on. I don't really like spreading the text out all over the truck as it makes it harder to follow, but that's up to you.

Byrdman
03-14-2006, 03:05 PM
Check into screening. I have seen a lot of autos used as advertising, and the resolution is the best. They can actually take a photo and reproduce it with amazing resolution.

BrianM
03-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Paint looks good but what happens next week when you decide to buy a new boat and it doesn't match? ;)

I would paint the truck and then do vinyl decals for the lettering. I agree with what was said above in that I think it is hard to read with phone number, name, address all in different places. I would try to group it closer together if possible.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Get rid of the blue 45degree angle in the back. Either continue on with a new color of the same pattern as the front, or eliminate it. And/or raise the front pattern and put some lines in the hood too.

bobbyB
03-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Get rid of the blue 45degree angle in the back. Either continue on with a new color of the same pattern as the front, or eliminate it. And/or raise the front pattern and put some lines in the hood too.

I'm with "workin' 4 toys" on the angle thing. I think that angles will tend to hurt your resale. I like the idea of posible "deck" stripes on the hood. :cool:

About the magnetic decals...don't do it. I had my company name and info on a mag and it ended up trashing the paint underneath.

Ric
03-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Paint looks good but what happens next week when you decide to buy a new boat and it doesn't match? ;)
now that's funny!

Rodlt, the angles are giving me an eighties kinda feel but the colors will look good.

while you are at it, try to get them to make that boat look better ;)

rodltg2
03-14-2006, 05:09 PM
thanks for the advice, i know i need to play around wiht it some, that was justa quick drwing on paint.

milkmania
03-14-2006, 05:48 PM

that would look sweet.....about 10 - 12 inches across the hood's front in blue also:cool:

milkmania
03-14-2006, 05:51 PM
thanks for the advice, i know i need to play around wiht it some, that was justa quick drwing on paint.

these are ficticious phone numbers and names in the first pic.....right???

I know we display our registration numbers prominately, but dang.... you've got your name, phone number, & address for all to see:eek:

but, you are in a business, so I may be way off base here:o

jmyers
03-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Hey Rod it reminds me of "CHIP"S" on the angles like John's Chevy truck! If anyone could find a picture you would know what I mean! So I also say "no angles" :D

milkmania
03-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Hey Rod it reminds me of "CHIP"S" on the angles like John's Chevy truck! If anyone could find a picture you would know what I mean! So I also say "no angles" :D

oh snap!
started a search...... the series aired in 1977:cry:

east tx skier
03-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Rod, I think this suits you better. :)

rodltg2
03-14-2006, 06:12 PM
these are ficticious phone numbers and names in the first pic.....right???

I know we display our registration numbers prominately, but dang.... you've got your name, phone number, & address for all to see:eek:

but, you are in a business, so I may be way off base here:o

yes, no big deal, you can find our business fairly easy

milkmania
03-14-2006, 06:14 PM
yes, no big deal, you can find our business fairly easy

lol

just looking at it through a stalker's eyeshttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/eye_anim.gifhttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/eye_anim.gif

Ric
03-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Rod, I think this suits you better. :)
Excellent! !

BeavenX5
03-14-2006, 06:17 PM
In my opinion, I would use the entire truck for the concept. You should also use the side windows and the cab window to display the test more proheminently. You can find now window stickers that you can see through.

I have a friend who works for a Mazda dealer. His parts department delivery truck is silver with very large blue and yellow lettering. This truck realy stands out of the crowd and makes a nice advertizing.

Don't be shy, use large colorful letters and your message will be read by more people. Your truck, if colorful enough, can become a neibourhood trademark well recognized by your future clients. This truck can become a powerfull marketing tool and a lot cheaper than billboard or newspaper advertising. Just my :twocents:

P.S. Watch out because with a truck like this your wife will know where you have been. :D
JC

AirJunky
03-14-2006, 06:20 PM
A full decal wrap across the bed, canopy, windows, etc. would sure grab people's attention. And when your done with the truck, peel it all off & clean it up & sell it like the paint was new.

milkmania
03-14-2006, 06:22 PM
P.S. Watch out because with a truck like this your wife will know where you have been. :D
JC

you mean the Holiday Inn doesn't really have granite countertops:confused:

rodltg2
03-14-2006, 07:50 PM
A full decal wrap across the bed, canopy, windows, etc. would sure grab people's attention. And when your done with the truck, peel it all off & clean it up & sell it like the paint was new.

im thinking a full wrap as well, with some granite colors.. anyone know how much they charge? i cant seem to find anyone local yet..

atlfootr
03-14-2006, 08:50 PM
A full decal wrap across the bed, canopy, windows, etc. would sure grab people's attention. And when your done with the truck, peel it all off & clean it up & sell it like the paint was new.That's what I did, whenever I can find the pic's of my 'ole truck - I'll post 'em.

AirJunky
03-14-2006, 08:55 PM
im thinking a full wrap as well, with some granite colors.. anyone know how much they charge? i cant seem to find anyone local yet..
I know of a guy in SoCal who does them. Seems like he charges like $1500 - $2000 to do a large vehicle full wrap. Might be less for a partial.
Let me know if you don't have any luck locally & I'll track him down.

PendO
03-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Excellent! !

Eastie, you got any TT stickers for that truck?

east tx skier
03-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Sorry, Rod will have to join Team MC to get those.

PendO
03-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Sorry, Rod will have to join Team MC to get those.

I thought maybe his dealer had the template left from the Tournament Team stickers:)

erkoehler
03-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Rod, you might try PM'ing 6balls as he just got through doing his truck. I'm sure he could offer up some insight.

mitch
03-14-2006, 10:27 PM
hate it, sorry

so i think ive decided to keep my dodge truck and customize it into a cool truck that can double as a company advertisement.

what do you guys think of this?
( dont give to hard a time it was a quick job on paint)

if i do something like this should i have it painted ( not good for resale) , decals ? or body wrap?

how much would i be looking at?

please dont get to upset , but im going to post a pic of my boat so you can see what im shooting for. i will delete after i get some feedback... i value your guys opinions so if you could bare with me it would be great..

Footin
03-14-2006, 10:27 PM
Where is the the sticker that says "Honk if you loved Broke Back Mountain"

6ballsisall
03-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Good idea Rod, however, don't take this the wrong way but to me the design doesn't show "luxury" to me. I think most think of luxury when it comes to Granite. Just my opinion, but maybe that will help in your strategy.

BeavenX5
03-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Good idea Rod, however, don't take this the wrong way but to me the design doesn't show "luxury" to me. I think most think of luxury when it comes to Granite. Just my opinion, but maybe that will help in your strategy.
great point jrandol. Maybe he should use the Mercedes instead of the truck for the decals. 8p

captkidd
03-15-2006, 02:34 PM
If you don't go with the decal wrap idea, I would put the company name, address, etc. on the side windows of your cover. White, silver, or similar vinyl letters on the dark windows would show up well and wouldn't harm your paint.

As far as the striping, I would probably suggest something low key if you paint them on. Maybe just from the side molding down, and the center portion of the hood; two colors to match the boat.