PDA

View Full Version : A kia any one ?

boatless
03-13-2006, 01:21 PM
I am looking at a Kia minivan. Does any one ever own a kia minivan on this site ? I like to hear some opinion about this type of car.

Thanks

firstmc
03-13-2006, 05:33 PM
I used to work in a Chevy dealer and Kias lose their value more than any other car on the market. And from my experience they are junk! Just my 2 cents!

Dan K
03-13-2006, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't buy a Kia to save my life. Poor quality from what I have seen and heard.

rodltg2
03-13-2006, 05:39 PM
I am looking at a Kia minivan. Does any one ever own a kia minivan on this site ? I like to hear some opinion about this type of car.

Thanks

two words " loser cruiser "

sassydog
03-13-2006, 05:56 PM
K illed I n A ction!!!

boatless
03-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Darn it ! Then why are they telling me that Kia has the highest score on the test crash. :rolleyes: I guess most car dealer would say that about their car. Now, what I am going to do ? Continue searching I guess.

Thanks all for the info.

rodltg2
03-13-2006, 07:04 PM
not that i would ever buy mini van , but if i did the chrysler one seems nice. we rented one in puerto rico. not to shabby.

mitch
03-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Darn it ! Then why are they telling me that Kia has the highest score on the test crash. :rolleyes: I guess most car dealer would say that about their car. Now, what I am going to do ? Continue searching I guess.

Thanks all for the info.
Honda Odessey if you have the cake

bcampbe7
03-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Honda Odessey if you have the cake

Ditto... If you have to buy a minivan the Honda Odessey would be the one to buy.

ski_king
03-13-2006, 08:33 PM
For me, I would prefer to buy a made in America car.

But, from what I have seen and read the Korean car makers are getting better and better (but still not up to the Japanese standards).

The Kia Sedona does have a 5 star crash rating and a 10-year or 100,000-mile powertrain warranty. If the price was right, it would make good transportation.

erkoehler
03-13-2006, 08:36 PM
My sister just bought a Chevy Uplander mini van....pretty nice as far as vans are concerned.

maristarman
03-14-2006, 02:29 PM
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/kia/sedona/minivanvan/midsize/index.html

Leroy
03-14-2006, 02:43 PM
That is what we have and love it! It is not perfect, but does a good job getting us around.Honda Odessey if you have the cake

captkidd
03-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Since I've never owned a minivan I can't give you a first-hand opinion, but from what I've read and heard the Kias have improved a lot over the past couple of years. Their price seems to be $10-15K less than a comparably equipped Honda, and the warranty is much better than any of the others. The 2006 model has been totally redesigned and IMHO, now looks better than the Honda. If you're buying it for resale then the Honda would probably be a better choice, but if you plan to drive it until the wheels fall off, then it would be hard to justify the extra dough to buy the Honda.

LakePirate
03-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Wait until the new KIA plant in Georgia opens, then buy away.

Leroy
03-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Boatless what is the cash price for you Kia and how loaded is it?

I paid $28,000 for our 2004 in fall of 2003. LX fully loaded, leather, etc. Are they really 15K-20k? Looks like the new Honda's took a price leap!

lakes Rick
03-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Wait until the new KIA plant in Georgia opens, then buy away.

Did you see the $100 million in OUR tax dollars our government is giving these commie SOB's....

Keep it up, you will be their workers one of these day round eye...

Guy on another site, helping set up a company in China.. A Chinaman came up to him and told him " you Amelicans be wuhking fuh us soon".. No $hit.....

milkmania
03-14-2006, 06:12 PM
That is what we have and love it! It is not perfect, but does a good job getting us around.

old school rules!!!:headbang:

I remember the neighbor kids had a pair of Odysseys.... the cool thing when I was a kid and strapping your hands to the steering wheel to keep from flailing out and breaking them!

peason
03-14-2006, 06:22 PM
We have a '99 Toyota Sienna - which also has the highest crash test scores and it has been a great vehicle. I even used to tow my 209 with it before I got a 4 wheel drive company vehicle. I believe these are built in the USA too.

Leroy
03-14-2006, 06:29 PM
I never made the connection! Looks like fun machines.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-14-2006, 06:43 PM
old school rules!!!

I remember the neighbor kids had a pair of Odysseys.... the cool thing when I was a kid and strapping your hands to the steering wheel to keep from flailing out and breaking them!
I had the one on the top left...:D Blew the motor:D .... Hmmm, I think I started to see a trend back then...My last "rideable" honda (possibly ever)

Hoosier Bob
03-14-2006, 06:50 PM
The FL400 pilot was a blast and still sells for $6-8k today in nice shape. Odyssey for me! That hing is bad and for a mini van I mean bad. Kia loaded will hit $30k. I deal with numerous Honda dealers always looking to pad there numbers around month end. What area are you in? The price may surprise you Boatless! :D I had the one on the top left...:D Blew the motor:D .... Hmmm, I think I started to see a trend back then...My last "rideable" honda (possibly ever)

boatless
03-15-2006, 06:51 PM
I am from Michigan, and only looking for a minivan that could load the kids up and go for a drive. I don't need leather seats or moon roof but some thing that would last longer than 150,000.00 miles and the tranny don't take a shi&*%t around 30,000.00 miles.

Is it too much to ask for a reliable vehicle that the sales man don't take a stab at the wallet or some sevices work that would eat up your weekly salary. :rolleyes:

I have been owning three cars so far and everyone of them has problems. None has last longer than $100,000.00 without some major works done on it. Is it just my luck or everyone else has the same problem.

Hoosier Bob
03-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Look at a Honda you would be happy with and PM me the options. I will find one of my guys around here to get me the best price. I will let you know via PM and you can make arrangements if it appears to be a solid deal. (I deal with 70 local dealer principles and should be able to atleast get you a very nice starting point without all of the hassle).

roddydog
03-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Did you see the $100 million in OUR tax dollars our government is giving these commie SOB's....

Keep it up, you will be their workers one of these day round eye...

Guy on another site, helping set up a company in China.. A Chinaman came up to him and told him " you Amelicans be wuhking fuh us soon".. No $hit.....
Slight jack,
The Korea where KIA comes from is not communist and... here's a flash,
"You're already working for them". Go figure. 8p