PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Buffet Concert Tickets

Andyg
03-13-2006, 12:01 PM
I just bought tickets online through Ticketmaster for the first time. I was always the friend that went to the concerts if someone else would go through the hassle of getting tickets.

Tickets for the Buffett concert at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin sold out in 16 minutes. I was able to place the max order of 6 on my first attempt and the second attempt resulted in a sold out. That just amazes me. That place probably holds 20,000+ people and it took 16 minutes to sell it out. I don't know how they can make that many transactions in 16 minutes.

G-man
03-13-2006, 12:06 PM
What is more amazing to me is in Dallas 2 tickets with the on-line fees cost $275.00 I have been to many Buffet concerts but this may be the last.

east tx skier
03-13-2006, 12:42 PM
WOW!?! It's been a long time since I've seen him. I certainly never had problems getting tickets and never paid more than about $30 to see him.

OhioProstar
03-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Many online ticket companies buy huge blocks at a time. Cincy is already sold out.

Andyg
03-13-2006, 01:48 PM
WOW!?! It's been a long time since I've seen him. I certainly never had problems getting tickets and never paid more than about $30 to see him.

They wanted $126 plus processing fee of $10 for each reserved seat which I couldn't get any. The grass seats, general admission seats, were $36 plus a $10 handling fee. That is a full tank of gas for the MasterCraft. Maybe I should just go skiing that day.

OhioProstar
03-13-2006, 01:55 PM
I have all (seriously 200+) of his songs in MP3 form...I can let you "borrow" them so you can listen to him on the water....of course it isn't the same as hanging out all day with Parrot Heads.

east tx skier
03-13-2006, 02:24 PM
They wanted $126 plus processing fee of $10 for each reserved seat which I couldn't get any. The grass seats, general admission seats, were $36 plus a $10 handling fee. That is a full tank of gas for the MasterCraft. Maybe I should just go skiing that day.

Okay, so you guys are talking about seats. I saw him 11 times back in my college days. I remember wondering why anyone wouldn't want to be on the hill. It's such a blast back there and much more margarita/beer vendor accessible (at least where I saw him).

LakePirate
03-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Well I am sure some of you saw my rant on the never ending thread jack.

I know 4 people who tried to get tickets for the Atlanta Show, 1 was successful (not me). It was sold out in a matter of seconds. However, you could call your local ticket broker and he is more than happy to sell you lawn seats with a face value of $36 for $108, that is correct math majors 3 times the face value. Now lets see, 36 for the ticket, 36 for the guy on the inside at ticketmaster who sold me the ticket and 36 for me, pretty good day at the office.

I try to buy tkts for Buffett every time he comes to Atlanta in the last 5 years, (he didn't come in 05) I have only gotten tkts once. Always online at the time that tickets go on sale.

kalanic
03-13-2006, 03:36 PM
I just bought tickets online through Ticketmaster for the first time. I was always the friend that went to the concerts if someone else would go through the hassle of getting tickets.

Tickets for the Buffett concert at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin sold out in 16 minutes. I was able to place the max order of 6 on my first attempt and the second attempt resulted in a sold out. That just amazes me. That place probably holds 20,000+ people and it took 16 minutes to sell it out. I don't know how they can make that many transactions in 16 minutes.
Did you see how many are now on sale on Ebay?? Amazing!

Andyg
03-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Did you see how many are now on sale on Ebay?? Amazing!

They are selling tickets I just paid $46 a piece for for $95+. I am in the wrong buisness. I should be a ticket scalper.

kalanic
03-13-2006, 04:03 PM
They are selling tickets I just paid $46 a piece for for $95+. I am in the wrong buisness. I should be a ticket scalper.
Exactly! These people make a living out of buying & selling for double on ebay. Event ticket business is out of control with ebay!

lakes Rick
03-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Exactly! These people make a living out of buying & selling for double on ebay. Event ticket business is out of control with ebay!

Time for my favorite quote.....

" anybody think the world is gonna get any better?".....

Andyg
03-13-2006, 04:23 PM

It will, at least temporarily when I whip out the 12v cigarette lighter powered blender and start mixing up the Margaritas.

kalanic
03-13-2006, 04:24 PM
It will, at least temporarily when I whip out the 12v cigarette lighter powered blender and start mixing up the Margaritas.
Ah yes..the 12v Blender. Just bought a rechargable cordless one saturday at the boat show. Cant wait!

Andyg
03-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Ah yes..the 12v Blender. Just bought a rechargable cordless one saturday at the boat show. Cant wait!

Nothing beats the 25cc two cycle engine powered blender I saw at Buffett a couple of years ago though.

Ric
03-13-2006, 04:46 PM

I probably botched it but, "24 hours, maybe sixty good years, it's really not that long to stay"