PDA

View Full Version : Proshop- what a drag!

mitch
03-12-2006, 11:35 AM
So I says to meself, self it's been a while, why don't you go check out the MC proshop, it's been a few months, maybe there's been some improvement, uuuuh no, same old overpriced junk. I was very disappointed! Seems like only a few short years ago, it a was a fun place to stop and spend a few bucks. Sadly it'll be a long while before I even check the proshop again. All my MC hat's/shirts are pretty much done, and it doesn;t look like there will be any viable replacement options. I also called the proshop a couple of weeks ago for a replacement decal for my truck cause I nicked my 18" decal w/ the snow scraper.......Uuuuuh sorry we're outta stock on the 18 and 24, have only the 12".......whatever!

By the way, who wears this hat and who's idea was it to offer it on the MC site? I love MC but I would not wear that hat unless I was inches from death due to sunstroke, and 4 people held my lifeless body down and jammed it on my brittle head.

16 bucks + shipping, that hat must be flying off the shelves :(

Anyone paying attn?, here is how it should be done

http://www.nautiquegear.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

Not crazy about their boats, but the gear they offer is many times better than what's offered by MC

rant over :toast:

erkoehler
03-12-2006, 11:38 AM
15 and 20 dollar T's are good prices.....

mitch
03-12-2006, 11:40 AM
15 and 20 dollar T's are good prices.....

erk, Is that a question?

milkmania
03-12-2006, 11:44 AM
still looking for my red boat guide covers...

I'd just about settle for plain covers with no text:(

BrianM
03-12-2006, 11:55 AM

Brenda at In Tow has plain red Sunbrella boat guide covers.http://www.jlbmfg.com/My_Homepage_Files/Page7.html

erkoehler
03-12-2006, 11:57 AM
erk, Is that a question?

No, I was saying that 15 and 20 dollar t's on the SN site were good prices.....

erkoehler
03-12-2006, 12:01 PM
I could use a long sleeve T-shirt with MASTERCRAFT written down the sleeve, Prostar written across the chest with a screen print of a boat coming through the image.....maybe MC on the back right at the neck.

All for no more than $20.

east tx skier
03-12-2006, 12:11 PM
I got tired of waiting. I finally picked up some red guide covers from my local dealer. :eek:

I'll replace them when MC offers some red covers again.

"Bet if you buy a hat like that you get a free bowl of soup. It looks good on you though." ;)

milkmania
03-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Brenda at In Tow has plain red Sunbrella boat guide covers.http://www.jlbmfg.com/My_Homepage_Files/Page7.html

got it, thanks:)

mitch
03-12-2006, 12:14 PM
No, I was saying that 15 and 20 dollar t's on the SN site were good prices.....
Gotcha, I agree!

mitch
03-12-2006, 12:15 PM
I got tired of waiting. I finally picked up some red guide covers from my local dealer. :eek:

I'll replace them when MC offers some red covers again.

"Bet if you buy a hat like that you get a free bowl of soup. It looks good on you though." ;)

bowl of soup, that was a good one!!!! :D

bigmac
03-12-2006, 12:45 PM
So I says to meself, self it's been a while, why don't you go check out the MC proshop, it's been a few months, maybe there's been some improvement, uuuuh no, same old overpriced junk. I was very disappointed! Seems like only a few short years ago, it a was a fun place to stop and spend a few bucks. Sadly it'll be a long while before I even check the proshop again. All my MC hat's/shirts are pretty much done, and it doesn;t look like there will be any viable replacement options. I also called the proshop a couple of weeks ago for a replacement decal for my truck cause I nicked my 18" decal w/ the snow scraper.......Uuuuuh sorry we're outta stock on the 18 and 24, have only the 12".......whatever!

By the way, who wears this hat and who's idea was it to offer it on the MC site? I love MC but I would not wear that hat unless I was inches from death due to sunstroke, and 4 people held my lifeless body down and jammed it on my brittle head.

Not crazy about their boats, but the gear they offer is many times better than what's offered by MC

LOL. So true. We've seen some indications here that MasterCraft is rethinking the Pro Shop...well...at least they're thinking about some beach towels - that's all AKAIK.

It's kind of baffling. I would think that the huge success of logo merchandising demonstrated by Harley Davidson would never have been lost on savvy corporate-types. Somebody asleep at the switch at MasterCraft.

Many people may only buy one MasterCraft every 10 years, but beach towels, sweatshirts, hats and other logo merchandise goes on and on a regular basis. At least it does if the merchandisers come up with fresh ideas.

And I agree, the guy that designed or approved the design of that hat should be reassigned to the mold preparation floor.

erkoehler
03-12-2006, 12:50 PM
I'll agree with the HD success with marketing.....if the MC gear was "cheaper" I would probably be outfitted in some piece of MC apparrel other than a hat every time I hit the water. But, when I have 1 sweatshirt that set me back $70, I am less inclined to wear it any time that it may get dirty, stained, ripped, or otherwise ruined.

A $20 sweatshirt with the word Mastercraft written across the chest, and maybe world record ski boat across the back would be worn snowmobiling, washing the boat, washing the truck, running out on errands, etc......much better advertising.

flipper
03-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Have to agree, the prices are still up there, but they do have more of better stuff. To bad their boats suck. The have everything. MC should take notes.

ilikeitglacy
03-12-2006, 02:23 PM
i know for a fact that MC has much more stuff to offer to the dealers that what is shown on the site. i got this real nice red white and blue motocross shirt with mastercraft on the sleeve so cool 8p , and i got it from my ski buddy/MC dealer in Montreal

jeverett
03-12-2006, 03:42 PM
My closest Dealer is 3.5hours away. No way am I going to go there for a hat or a t-shirt. I was also checking out some of the stuff at the Portland boatshow back in Jan. Wow bend over cause here's your shirt, I thought they were expensive.

BTW that is the Gayest looking hat I have evere seen, I'll take the bowl of soup and you can keep your hat please. :eek:

TMCNo1
03-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Is the MC website the only place to buy MC appearl and accessories? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever been to the plant in Vonore?
Have you ever been to a Boat Owner Reunion?
Have you ever been to a PRO TOUR stop of any kind, anywhere?
Have you ever been to your Dealer and asked for stuff and let him know you will spend money for it?
Have you ever asked your dealer if he buys obsolete Proshop items MC sells to the dealers to reduce their stock of old stuff at discount prices?
Have you called, e-mailed, or p-m'd Jim@Baws and asked him if he has any decals in his supply he bought from MC that may work for you?
Have you been sitting on your front porch waiting for someone from MC to come to your home with the "BIG RED RIG" full of stuff free for you "JUST BECAUSE"?
Have you ever asked if they make all this stuff, and they are out of it, who is buying it? Apparently the persons who are buying the stuff aren't complaining!
Have you ever sent a resume to MC Director of Human Resources, Greg Stanley and told him you can do a better job than anyone else they could ever get! :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
03-12-2006, 04:24 PM
LOL. So true. We've seen some indications here that MasterCraft is rethinking the Pro Shop...well...at least they're thinking about some beach towels - that's all AKAIK.

It's kind of baffling. I would think that the huge success of logo merchandising demonstrated by Harley Davidson would never have been lost on savvy corporate-types. Somebody asleep at the switch at MasterCraft.

Many people may only buy one MasterCraft every 10 years, but beach towels, sweatshirts, hats and other logo merchandise goes on and on a regular basis. At least it does if the merchandisers come up with fresh ideas.

And I agree, the guy that designed or approved the design of that hat should be reassigned to the mold preparation floor.

If you go to MC website and go to PROSHOP and look under "RIDER LINE" and READ you will see that stuff was designed by the "RIDERS", so complain to them! :D

maristarman
03-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Is the MC website the only place to buy MC appearl and accessories? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever been to your Dealer and asked for stuff and let him know you will spend money for it?
Have you ever asked your dealer if he buys obsolete Proshop items MC sells to the dealers to reduce their stock of old stuff at discount prices?
Have you called, e-mailed, or p-m'd Jim@Baws and asked him if he has any decals in his supply he bought from MC that may work for you?
Have you been sitting on your front porch waiting for someone from MC to come to your home with the "BIG RED RIG" full of stuff free for you "JUST BECAUSE"?
Have you ever asked if they make all this stuff, and they are out of it, who is buying it? Apparently the persons who are buying the stuff aren't complaining!
Have you ever sent a resume to MC Director of Human Resources, Greg Stanley and told him you can do a better job than anyone else they could ever get! :rolleyes:

Hey TMCNo1,

No disrespect intended, but why do you feel like you have the right to tell people they can't voice their opinion?

You are most revered on this site, and are probably far more knowledgable than 99.9 percent of the posters on this board.

But that doesn't mean people can't state their opinions without you chastising them.

And some of your admonishments are just wrong.

Some of us can't buy things at reunions because they repeatedly cancel the west coast reunion.

I also don't recall the original poster requesting Mastercraft to personally come to his house.

I personally agree that the webstore offering have gone down in quality significantly.

4 and 5 years ago I spent hundreds of dollars a year on NICE Mastercraft Bling from the website.

I look at it today and there is not much on there that I find worth the money.

If you want to start a usenet users group for Mastercraft lovers and the only posts allowed there are ones that extol Mastercrafts virtues, go right ahead.

But to berate someone because their opinion is different than yours is just wrong. :(

TMCNo1
03-12-2006, 04:47 PM
I think the comparison between Harley Davidson and MasterCraft is not comparing apples to apples!
HD is 10 times LARGER than MC and has 10 times more LONG TERM dealers than MC, and a great many products are offered to protect the bike rider and dress up his bike rather than make him comfortable and pretty on or near the water! When was the last time you saw MC stuff offered EVERYWHERE including WalMart and FLEA MARKETS! A great amount of people will buy HD stuff, have never and will never own a hog, but buy HD stuff just for the giggles of it. Most of those people have never even seen or heard of MasterCraft or any other Skiboat for that matter! Sorry, but I was about to start venting, gonna go put on my NEXTEL CUP T-shirt and watch the race today, cause there ain't a waterski tournament on with 120,000 fans on site and 3.5 million watching on TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH, by the way, when was the last MasterCraft Boat Owner Week @ Daytona Beach or Sturgis, SD with 300,000 boat owners and 1,000's of vendors selling MasterCraft related stuff?????????????

bigmac
03-12-2006, 05:00 PM
If you go to MC website and go to PROSHOP and look under "RIDER LINE" and READ you will see that stuff was designed by the "RIDERS", so complain to them! :D

Nice posts :rolleyes:

A broad line of MasterCraft merchandise available *online* WITHOUT any of those inconvenient machinations you mention is pretty common marketing practice with many companies. I'm intrigued that you might think that that's a reasonable approach to addressing a common and recurring complaint on these boards. I disagree.

As to the hat, sorry -- that's still just lame.

Later.

bigmac
03-12-2006, 05:04 PM
I think the comparison between Harley Davidson and MasterCraft is not comparing apples to apples!
HD is 10 times LARGER than MC and has 10 times more LONG TERM dealers than MC, and a great many products are offered to protect the bike rider and dress up his bike rather than make him comfortable and pretty on or near the water! When was the last time you saw MC stuff offered EVERYWHERE including WalMart and FLEA MARKETS! A great amount of people will buy HD stuff, have never and will never own a hog, but buy HD stuff just for the giggles of it. Most of those people have never even seen or heard of MasterCraft or any other Skiboat for that matter! Sorry, but I was about to start venting, gonna go put on my NEXTEL CUP T-shirt and watch the race today, cause there ain't a waterski tournament on with 120,000 fans on site and 3.5 million watching on TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH, by the way, when was the last MasterCraft Boat Owner Week @ Daytona Beach or Sturgis, SD with 300,000 boat owners and 1,000's of vendors selling MasterCraft related stuff?????????????

Oh please. Let's grasp the *concept* which is certainly scaleable. Let's substitute Arctic Cat snowmobiles for Harley Davidson, then.

I think it's pretty clear to many of us that online marketing is a viable concept, and one that's used effectively by companies far smaller than MasterCraft.

maristarman
03-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Somebody help me out here.

Mastercraft can't produce high quality and attractive logo gear because Harley Davidson is 10 times bigger?

I don't get it.

And if Mastercraft were to schedule a reunion at Daytona Beach, they'd probably cancel it 2 weeks before.

Yes I'm still bitter about the way the 2004 WC reunion was cancelled short notice.

TMCNo1
03-12-2006, 05:15 PM
No offence intended, just calling it like I see it and voicing my opinion also!
Having been to the plant last week we saw many more items in the proshop than is offered on the website, but I guess somewhere MC has to draw the line as to how much space is to be taken up on the website vs what they really sell from it. I know in past years they also sent out to known owners New product and sale item catalogues and yet we haven't seen a catalogue in years. The reason was the lack of sales generated did not make it worth it. Therefore, a lot of stuff is sold to dealers and at MC events at clearance prices.
I can understand where I appeared to be a little harsh, but I am frustrated too, in that MC does not respond directly to owners concerns on things as Proshop stuff.
Sorry!

erkoehler
03-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Oh please. Let's grasp the *concept* which is certainly scaleable. Let's substitute Arctic Cat snowmobiles for Harley Davidson, then.

In those terms, I can walk in to my two local Cat dealers and have a choice between 20+ baseball style hats, atleast 15 tee's, numerous long sleeve t's, 10+ sweatshirts, in addition to sweat pants, boxer shorts, gym shorts, long underwear, and knit hats.

Now, I can venture to both MC dealers. One in IL close to the house, and one in WI close to our resort. The one in WI didn't have ANY apparrel other than 2 hats. They did have some guide post covers, if you want to count those. But, they didn't even say Mastercraft. The one in IL may have had a couple sweatshirts, and when asked if there would be any other "clothing" or "hats" coming in they told me to order online from the proshop.

The only tournaments that I have attended and that are in my area are collegiate tourney's and they didn't have any MC stuff there. The tournaments were being pulled by MC as well.

In terms of a marketing approach, you can get T's EXTREMELY cheap. You can order waterski show T's which are quite basic for as little as $4.15 each when you order 301 shirts. I would imagine if MC ordered a mass order of a couple thousand shirts it would be fairly inexpensive.

PendO
03-12-2006, 05:18 PM
I liked it better before your kids gave you internet access.

mitch
03-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Thanks guys! I was not even going to touch his posts. Long on CAPS and short on actual....useful content.

I think we all agree, Mastercraft has a very recognizable name in the ski/boarding market they serve. ...simply put 'mastercraft' on golf shirts/t-shirts/long sleeve t's/'normal' hats/pole covers/towels/sweatshirts/sweatpants/fleeces and they will sell. Short story- Wife and kids usually shop for me on the MC site for xmas, and they apologized this past xmas morning for not having anything MC under the tree. Wife's comment. "Have you been on that site lately, yuk!" My answer, 'no I hadn;t been on that site' :) At one point we had matching t-shirts, remember the blues one's with the yellow 'mastercraft' across the front' Paid 10 bucks each.

I think it's tough for some to imagine, but MC does not do 'everything' right all the time, sorry.. :guitar:

PendO
03-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Oh, they sell remote controll X-stars at some toy stores:)

Thanks guys! I was not even going to touch his posts. Long on CAPS and short on actual....useful content.

I think we all agree, Mastercraft has a very recognizable name in the ski/boarding market they serve. ...simply put 'mastercraft' on golf shirts/t-shirts/long sleeve t's/'normal' hats/pole covers/towels/sweatshirts/sweatpants/fleeces and they will sell. Short story- Wife and kids usually shop for me on the MC site for xmas, and they apologized this past xmas morning for not having anything MC under the tree. Wife's comment. "Have you been on that site lately, yuk!" My answer, 'no I hadn;t been on that site' :) At one point we had matching t-shirts, remember the blues one's with the yellow 'mastercraft' across the front' Paid 10 bucks each.

I think it's tough for some to imagine, but MC does not do 'everything' right all the time, sorry.. :guitar:

mitch
03-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Don't forget the awesome Cat snowmobile jackets, ya know like the Mastercraft short and long wetsuits they offer. Oh sorry those don't actually exist. I did buy a 90 dollar MC vest that my daughter loves. :headbang:

In those terms, I can walk in to my two local Cat dealers and have a choice between 20+ baseball style hats, atleast 15 tee's, numerous long sleeve t's, 10+ sweatshirts, in addition to sweat pants, boxer shorts, gym shorts, long underwear, and knit hats.

Now, I can venture to both MC dealers. One in IL close to the house, and one in WI close to our resort. The one in WI didn't have ANY apparrel other than 2 hats. They did have some guide post covers, if you want to count those. But, they didn't even say Mastercraft. The one in IL may have had a couple sweatshirts, and when asked if there would be any other "clothing" or "hats" coming in they told me to order online from the proshop.

The only tournaments that I have attended and that are in my area are collegiate tourney's and they didn't have any MC stuff there. The tournaments were being pulled by MC as well.

In terms of a marketing approach, you can get T's EXTREMELY cheap. You can order waterski show T's which are quite basic for as little as $4.15 each when you order 301 shirts. I would imagine if MC ordered a mass order of a couple thousand shirts it would be fairly inexpensive.

mitch
03-12-2006, 05:27 PM

I own one :D

erkoehler
03-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Don't forget the awesome Cat snowmobile jackets, ya know like the Mastercraft short and long wetsuits they offer. Oh sorry those don't actually exist. I did buy a 90 dollar MC vest that my daughter loves. :headbang:

I didn't think we needed to get in to the multiple styles of jackets, leathers, bibs, pants, gloves, liners, helmets, goggles, etc...

erkoehler
03-12-2006, 05:44 PM
This is really all that I am looking for....

If 30 were ordered, the price would only be $14.37 each.

jlf
03-12-2006, 06:01 PM
I will agree the pro shop is a bit weak right now. I would like to see some more things for the female boaters. How about some shorts or some tank tops maybe some cover ups for swim wear. A beach towel would be nice. The sweatshirts and long sleeve t's are nice and I have two sweatshirts myself but they get warm on nice summer days. I'd love to be able to show off my pride when the weather is nice too. The polos are okay for the woman but seriously I wouldn't wear that out on the boat over my swim suit. Of course they can carry all the merchandise they want but like most of you I am not paying $20 or more for a t-shirt plus shipping on top of that. I have tried e-mailing to the company and I have completed a survey that I was sent reguarding the some question. It has done no good.

If you've ever been to the factory all the employees wear MC t-shirts and some of them are pretty cool, I can't imagine they cost too much. They are not available to the public as far as I know.

My dealership doesn't carry any MC merchandise either, I've aksed and I was told it doesn't sell so if I want something I should check out the on line store. I've been to a few boat shows where the local dealership has had some closeout merchandise, I've picked up some of it there. still overpriced but at least no shipping charges.

In reguards to the reunions, well I haven't been in the MC family long enough to be invited to one. The one for the midwest this year is in Texas, sorry but I do not consider TX the midwest. When I do go to a reunion I'd like to be able to take my boat and that is a bit too far for me to trailer.

Hoosier Bob
03-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Just finished the thread! Wow! I would agree about the hat but it is the exact style (fugly trucker cap) I see being worn by todays wakeboarders! Hell Skeeler has 10 of those hats! No offense Skeeler man as I have no sense of style! Harley Davidson? Last thing I want to count on in the water or far from home is that dealer base and that product. No offense Harley Man but I will gladley compare the performance and annual expenditures and resale of what I park my arse on to that of the Harley. Harley has done a masterful job marketing an attitude/perception and not a product. I am not going to tell someone they will be a better, tougher or better looking person simply because their pu$$y arse couldn't do it themselves. Buy a MasterCraft and all of your deficiencies will disappear? I do believe they have made the most educated decision by doing so all factors being considered. The Proshop needs help! The proshop better realize a majority of MC owners own older boats! Not enough demand on new to (at this time) supercede the needs of the current and future used MC owners. Huge market right under their nose with regards to older MC owners. MC builds an incredible product so it lasts and has created a huge residual market! We want quality at a fair price. I would rather buy retro! 86 scheme on a hat! S&S hats! Eat my wake! Get an edge and yes follow Harley and create an attitude! Good or bad is has worked for Harley! Yes. I am drinkin' again! :twocents:

milkmania
03-12-2006, 06:16 PM
The Proshop needs help! The proshop better realize a majority of MC owners own older boats! Not enough demand on new to (at this time) supercede the needs of the current and future used MC owners. Huge market right under their nose with regards to older MC owners. We want quality at a fair price. I would rather buy retro! 86 scheme on a hat! S&S hats! Eat my wake! Get an edge and yes follow Harley and create an attitude! Good or bad is has worked for Harley! Yes. I am drinkin' again! :twocents:

...reading between the lines here but, what I see is that if there's a lot of older boats out there...

then they're making a great product that lasts for many years:worthy:

Hoosier Bob
03-12-2006, 06:17 PM
You are right Milky and I edited to reflect that! Remember after a few I am a little edgy and stupid! ;) We are passionate about our rides (review this thread!) we are all right and the proshop is not replicating the quality of the boat. A good marketing strategy finds a way to create a perception of a better product that actually exists. We have the best product! Our marketing strategy only needs to meet with reality! Marketing is number one! Not product! MasterCraft has created the product first! Awesome! The best product period! We/They have is easy! Incorporate what they already posess into the proshop. Cost can be comprimised to get your name in front of every market available. Why are we not seeing more bragging of our ties to X, SuperCross and the Dew series. Our influence with SuperCross has paid off in many forums. Turn it into merchandising before it is too late. ;) ...reading between the lines here but, what I see is that if there's a lot of older boats out there...

then they're making a great product that lasts for many years:worthy:

milkmania
03-12-2006, 06:19 PM
You are right Milky and I edited to reflect that! Remember after a few I am a little edgy and stupid! ;)

dude, there's nothing to edit....

you said it right, and that's what I took from it;)

Hoosier Bob
03-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Anybody ever notice how when you click on that awesome slalom case it just disappears? Make that a touch less costly and I am there! Where the actual case is I have no idea! :D Back to the History and quality issue. It is what separates us from almost every other Tournament boat manufacturer out there! ;)

Farmer Ted
03-12-2006, 06:30 PM
I will agree the pro shop is a bit weak right now. I would like to see some more things for the female boaters. How about some shorts or some tank tops maybe some cover ups for swim wear. A beach towel would be nice. The sweatshirts and long sleeve t's are nice and I have two sweatshirts myself but they get warm on nice summer days. I'd love to be able to show off my pride when the weather is nice too. The polos are okay for the woman but seriously I wouldn't wear that out on the boat over my swim suit. Of course they can carry all the merchandise they want but like most of you I am not paying $20 or more for a t-shirt plus shipping on top of that. I have tried e-mailing to the company and I have completed a survey that I was sent reguarding the some question. It has done no good.

If you've ever been to the factory all the employees wear MC t-shirts and some of them are pretty cool, I can't imagine they cost too much. They are not available to the public as far as I know.

My dealership doesn't carry any MC merchandise either, I've aksed and I was told it doesn't sell so if I want something I should check out the on line store. I've been to a few boat shows where the local dealership has had some closeout merchandise, I've picked up some of it there. still overpriced but at least no shipping charges.

In reguards to the reunions, well I haven't been in the MC family long enough to be invited to one. The one for the midwest this year is in Texas, sorry but I do not consider TX the midwest. When I do go to a reunion I'd like to be able to take my boat and that is a bit too far for me to trailer.

what part of the midwest are you from?

bigmac
03-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Aha! So it's not just Mitch and me, then?

Hoosier Bob
03-12-2006, 06:58 PM
I just felt bad for you BM! Disregard the above posts! 8p Aha! So it's not just Mitch and me, then?

André
03-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Aha! So it's not just Mitch and me, then?
Hell, no!
This have been discuss many times here before.Somebody is asleep at the proshop... :(

Hoosier Bob
03-12-2006, 07:07 PM
I liked it better when Mitch and BigMac thought it was in their heads! 8p Hell, no!
This have been discuss many times here before.Somebody is asleep at the proshop... :(

PendO
03-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Disregard the above posts! 8p

you still read posts with the most current on the bottom? Man, that drove me nutZ!

jeverett
03-12-2006, 07:25 PM
I think that MC does one thing well, build and market the best boats in the world since day one. Perhaps the powers that be moniter this site and will make some changes, but I would rather be seen in my MC with no logo wear than any other boat.

PendO
03-12-2006, 07:26 PM
I think that MC does one thing well, build and market the best boats in the world since day one. Perhaps the powers that be moniter this site and will make some changes, but I would rather be seen in my MC with no logo wear than any other boat.

Ever notice you don't have a camera Icon?

Hoosier Bob
03-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Agreed but I would like to know they have my back as I would bloody a few noses for theirs! Great point and all of we decision makers understand as much. I want someone to look at me like they do the skinny weakling that has the hot chick!!!!! Look at that Hoosier POS! Even he has a MasterCraft! What does he know that I don't! :D I think that MC does one thing well, build and market the best boats in the world since day one. Perhaps the powers that be moniter this site and will make some changes, but I would rather be seen in my MC with no logo wear than any other boat.

Hoosier Bob
03-12-2006, 07:30 PM
I just read that and thought: He must be on medication! You never mentioned my lack of an icon? :D Ever notice you don't have a camera Icon?

jeverett
03-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Yeah my wife asked me last night when I was going to dig through all the pics from Shasta last summer and add some shots of the boat. I will work on that tonight. :)

BTW I love Spokane!

erkoehler
03-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Yeah my wife asked me last night when I was going to dig through all the pics from Shasta last summer and add some shots of the boat. I will work on that tonight. :)

BTW I love Spokane!

Yeah, lets see the boat....

PendO
03-12-2006, 07:47 PM
I just read that and thought: He must be on medication! You never mentioned my lack of an icon? :D

Hoosier here is you gallery (http://www.hootersmagazine.com/hootersgirls.html)

Hoosier Bob
03-12-2006, 07:49 PM
I love you man! :D

JEREMY79
03-12-2006, 08:39 PM
:twocents:
I think MasterCraft forgot about the older boats. Oh....wait they have a "retro" hoodie for $53.00.. What the h#ll is that. I used to buy hoodies for the business, if you bought 50 they were like 8.00 apiece. You know MC gets them cheaper than that. Yeah, lets make $45 dollars on the poor bastards that want a shirt. Never mind that most of us have enough in our boats to buy a nice car, but we bought it because it is a MASTERCRAFT. We didnt want reasonably priced stuff anyway.

mitch
03-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Not the point of the thread, but I hear ya. And BTW, MC people do monitor the site and there will be no changes in the proshop. There will be talk, maybe, but no actual changes. That's my prediction, and I hope I'm wrong. It's seems lots of us hope I'm wrong . I'm going to go drown my sorrows in Miller Lite, yes it works! Cya! :purplaugh

Hoosier Bob
03-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Mitch you are wrong! We can create change and you and Big Mac have started this change! So what if the MasterCraft Mafia kills you and places you in a shallow grave in northwest Indiana! Think of the impact you have created! Your accidental death will have no doubt been a vehicle of change! For this we thank you! I am getting a very cool T-Shirt at your and Macs expense! 8p Not the point of the thread, but I hear ya. And BTW, MC people do monitor the site and there will be no changes in the proshop. There will be talk, maybe, but no actual changes. That's my prediction, and I hope I'm wrong. It's seems lots of us hope I'm wrong . I'm going to go drown my sorrows in Miller Lite, yes it works! Cya! :purplaugh

ski_king
03-12-2006, 08:58 PM
I gave up on it and buy from the Alternative MasterCraft Pro Shop (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2 F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=mastercraft+shirt&category0=).

erkoehler
03-12-2006, 09:27 PM
I gave up on it and buy from the Alternative MasterCraft Pro Shop (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2 F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=mastercraft+shirt&category0=).

Nice prices, do they rotate the stock to different colors often?

erkoehler
03-12-2006, 09:42 PM
What do you guys think of this one? Would you buy one for $14?

JEREMY79
03-12-2006, 09:54 PM
What ever happened to the little design on the left chest and a big design on the back?

SKI*MC
03-12-2006, 10:02 PM
any demand for this guys? :D

Hoosier Bob
03-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Yeah but I don't think MC invented it! ;) any demand for this guys? :D

JEREMY79
03-12-2006, 10:11 PM
A bikini like that would be cool.

mitch
03-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Like it, but not in that blue 8p

What do you guys think of this one? Would you buy one for $14?

bigmac
03-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Mitch you are wrong! We can create change and you and Big Mac have started this change! So what if the MasterCraft Mafia kills you and places you in a shallow grave in northwest Indiana! Think of the impact you have created! Your accidental death will have no doubt been a vehicle of change! For this we thank you! I am getting a very cool T-Shirt at your and Macs expense! 8p

Jeez...not Indiana...!

Workin' 4 Toys
03-12-2006, 10:34 PM
What do you guys think of this one? Would you buy one for $14?Yes, but the first one you posted was better.

mitch
03-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Mac and I have your back, and we're not going down w/o a fight. You will get the shirt (and hat) you deserve.

Mitch you are wrong! We can create change and you and Big Mac have started this change! So what if the MasterCraft Mafia kills you and places you in a shallow grave in northwest Indiana! Think of the impact you have created! Your accidental death will have no doubt been a vehicle of change! For this we thank you! I am getting a very cool T-Shirt at your and Macs expense! 8p

SKI*MC
03-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Ok, if i get demand for this, i'll order a few... most likely t-shirts, not hoodies!

erkoehler
03-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Or this....

Workin' 4 Toys
03-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Yes, they do, I have 3 of them.:D Still wonder why they weren't in the proshop.

SKI*MC
03-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Heres something...

Workin' 4 Toys
03-12-2006, 11:02 PM
My wife now has a new MC vest:D from my last trip to the dealer. I also bought a few MC coozies and bottle openers. None of these items were at the ProShop.
I did order some MC shirts, sweatshirts, fender covers, dock ropes, & hats last year at the Proshop. But no where near what I would have if they had more to offer.

SKI*MC
03-12-2006, 11:11 PM
I can order those T-Shirts for $11 bucks each. Sizes: M,L,XL

erkoehler
03-12-2006, 11:14 PM
I can order those T-Shirts for $11 bucks each. Sizes: M,L,XL

Hey, sign back on AIM......

Leroy
03-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Eric; I ordered 38 T-shirts as training shirts for son's soccer team, team name on front, large number on back, good quality shirts for <$8 each from local shop.

erkoehler
03-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Eric; I ordered 38 T-shirts as training shirts for son's soccer team, team name on front, large number on back, good quality shirts for <$8 each from local shop.

If I order 30 of any of the shirts w/ 1 color font, I can get them for $8.34.

twieder
03-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Heres something...

I'd definately be willing to spend the money, as most of you would' on nice lookin gear. My only question about makin them up is trade mark laws! If the powers that be at MC catch wind of someone makin up 200 tees, I'll bet they're gona want their royalties!

Oh btw if anyone does decide to make some up, I'll take 4! 2 extra lard for me and 2 large for the wife!

erkoehler
03-13-2006, 12:03 AM
I'd definately be willing to spend the money, as most of you would' on nice lookin gear. My only question about makin them up is trade mark laws! If the powers that be at MC catch wind of someone makin up 200 tees, I'll bet they're gona want their royalties!

Oh btw if anyone does decide to make some up, I'll take 4! 2 extra lard for me and 2 large for the wife!

I am sure these are just suggestions for MC to improve the proshop..........

mitch
03-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Agreed Andre! Who runs out of decals? If I had the font I could have 100 made today and available tomorrow. You would think someone would notice, hey we're down to 20 decals in our most popular sizes, duh maybe we should order a few hundred more so the proshop is not out of stock.

Hell, no!

SKI*MC
03-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Hey, sign back on AIM......

Sorry, i was tired last night. I am still contemplating on weather or not to order, i like the old school ones better. I'll talk to you later tonight.

Andyg
03-13-2006, 03:53 PM

They have been listening. Since no one will buy this hat they are going totry and give it away with the purchase of a $75 T-shirt.

http://www.ptxsecure.com/mcpro/

Ric
03-13-2006, 04:08 PM
I absolutely love my Team Mastercraft barstools :D

mitch
03-13-2006, 04:11 PM
I saw that! The old snowman in Mid March, very clever :D

They have been listening. Since no one will buy this hat they are going totry and give it away with the purchase of a $75 T-shirt.

Ric
03-13-2006, 04:16 PM
I saw that! The old snowman in Mid March, very clever :D
I bought this hat from the proshop (http://www.ptxsecure.com/mcpro/detail.aspx?ID=153) and it is a VERY nice hat..........but.......... My head is obviously funny shaped because the one size fits all elastic style of it, gives me a headache after about 30 minutes of wear. Off to see my alterer or something because it is a very cool hat
has mc logo across the back, and around each venthole on top as well as the button on top and the bill. It just doesn't fit right :mad:

jmyers
03-13-2006, 04:21 PM
My son has that X star remote contro boat! Hasen't been in the water yet weather has been bad! It matches our X9 colors too! :D

SKI*MC
03-13-2006, 04:29 PM

I ordered the Rider hoodie, and it was on back order, so they through in that green trucker hat, an old school hat, and another one, oh yeah, and like 4 decals. I don't really mind ordering from them and waiting a long time for this stuff.

André
03-13-2006, 05:57 PM
I bought this hat from the proshop (http://www.ptxsecure.com/mcpro/detail.aspx?ID=153) and it is a VERY nice hat..........but.......... My head is obviously funny shaped because the one size fits all elastic style of it, gives me a headache after about 30 minutes of wear. Off to see my alterer or something because it is a very cool hat
has mc logo across the back, and around each venthole on top as well as the button on top and the bill. It just doesn't fit right :mad:
So Ric,you gonna have your head reshape to fit that hat ??? :eek:
You should modified the hat instead... :twocents:

mitch
03-13-2006, 06:07 PM
That's pretty cool!

I ordered the Rider hoodie, and it was on back order, so they through in that green trucker hat, an old school hat, and another one, oh yeah, and like 4 decals. I don't really mind ordering from them and waiting a long time for this stuff.

Ric
03-13-2006, 06:40 PM
So Ric,you gonna have your head reshape to fit that hat ??? :eek:

Only if it doesn't make me smarter Andre... Nobody would be able to stand me if it did!

USC8791
03-13-2006, 06:53 PM
:cry: What's with all this whining about shirts and hats? If you want clothes, go to the mall. If you want logo stuff at cheap prices, buy a Moomba and wear their trash.

It's warm again. Quit whining and start skiing!

SKI*MC
03-13-2006, 06:58 PM
Any demand here?

Granite_33
03-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Any demand here?

Apparently a big seller with pasty white skinny geeks......

LakePirate
03-13-2006, 09:00 PM
I agree wholeheartedly, over 100 miles to the dealer and at the boat show they had no swag. The nearest tourney is pulled by the darkside, so that does me no good. So instead of pootin' in the wind why don't you guys email the lady in charge with your suggestions?

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=6955&highlight=towels

It worked for the towels 8p

bigmac
03-13-2006, 09:08 PM
So instead of pootin' in the wind why don't you guys email the lady in charge with your suggestions?

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=6955&highlight=towels

It worked for the towels 8p

How do we know that?

LakePirate
03-13-2006, 09:12 PM
How do we know that?

Well......Rumor has it they are coming??

mitch
03-13-2006, 10:01 PM
How do we know that?

Good point! :wavey:

PendO
03-13-2006, 10:03 PM
:cry: What's with all this whining about shirts and hats? If you want clothes, go to the mall. If you want logo stuff at cheap prices, buy a Moomba and wear their trash.

It's warm again. Quit whining and start skiing!

It's too cold to ski here ... I'll stick to whining:)

bigmac
03-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Well......Rumor has it they are coming??Well...here's the last thing that I heard about beach towels...

I will share everyone’s ideas, graphics, etc. with my marketing group on the next Wednesday meeting.
I will also share it with the company buying our merchandise as well. :woohoo:

Thanks for your call and your interest in Team Talk.

Sincerely,
Jane Dunigan

Now, maybe some of you more experienced corporate types can translate the above phraseology into language a simple boating enthusiast can understand...?

André
03-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Well...here's the last thing that I heard about beach towels...

Now, maybe some of you more experienced corporate types can translate the above phraseology into language a simple boating enthusiast can understand...?

In French it translate as :"Yaaaa,We'll think about it ...sometime."

Workin' 4 Toys
03-13-2006, 11:06 PM
FWIW:
In regards to the towels.. A quote in an email I received Feb 6 from Jane.
We will offer a towel in our upcoming Spring/Summer line. Right now as to what it will be & what it will look like that will be in the works for weeks yet to come.

erkoehler
03-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Why does it take "weeks" to design a towel?

Workin' 4 Toys
03-13-2006, 11:20 PM
When I created a logo for us a few years back, and had it digitized by the embroidery shop, it took a few weeks. Then it took about another week to get the goods in hand, and another to get them stitched. I am not surprised since on Feb 6 there was still no final design. Depends on how busy they are.

Anyone have a chance to look at the towels on the CC site?

erkoehler
03-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Not a bad design.....Just make it say Mastercraft, and put the logo on:)

Workin' 4 Toys
03-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Not sure if it affects the progress, but at the time, I think she only had 2 samples emailed to her.

bigmac
03-14-2006, 06:09 AM
FWIW:
In regards to the towels.. A quote in an email I received Feb 6 from Jane.
We will offer a towel in our upcoming Spring/Summer line. Right now as to what it will be & what it will look like that will be in the works for weeks yet to come.

"A" towel. One style...? Hope it's not approved by the same person that approves their hats...

http://mccollister.info/hat.jpg

Ric
03-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Not a bad design.....Just make it say Mastercraft, and put the logo on:)
That looks like a $50 towel

erkoehler
03-14-2006, 08:26 AM
I think it was $30

Workin' 4 Toys
03-14-2006, 10:47 AM
My wife just bought some nice towels, no logos or nothin', but they were (I think) 64X32 for $3.00 each. Kidda small, but what the heck for that price.

Sure do wish she could have waited, I'd like some Mastercraft Bathroom accesories...;)

mitch
11-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Saw the related thread and thought I'd bubble this gem up. Harold....might I add that you have you mellowed quite a bit over time:D

TMCNo1
11-20-2006, 10:49 PM
Saw the related thread and thought I'd bubble this gem up. Harold....might I add that you have you mellowed quite a bit over time:D

Yea, I got counceling from HB (hoosier Bob) and PA (Posters Anonymous). We now just have to justify giving all this excess neat MC stuff we have, that doesn't exist to the Salvation Army, Goodwill and the Rescue Mission.

Ric
11-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Just got an email from the proshop
anyone dropped in lately?

http://shop.mastercraft.com

G-man
11-22-2006, 03:37 PM
I went to the shop to see for myself the latest in fashion. I must be out of the in-crowd. When I see TMC#1 in the argyle shirt standing next to eastie in argyle I'll beleive I need a fashion makeover.

Ric
11-22-2006, 03:38 PM
I went to the shop to see for myself the latest in fashion. I must be out of the in-crowd. When I see TMC#1 in the argyle shirt standing next to eastie in argyle I'll beleive I need a fashion makeover. count me in the out crowd too because I aint cool enough to wear those hats either!

Chief
11-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Looks like green is in.

Sodar
11-22-2006, 03:40 PM
I went to the shop to see for myself the latest in fashion. I must be out of the in-crowd. When I see TMC#1 in the argyle shirt standing next to eastie in argyle I'll beleive I need a fashion makeover.

What I would not do to see that!! LMAO!!

TMCNo1
11-22-2006, 04:54 PM

Before that happens, me and Eastie will have to find us a pair of shorts that the waist fits us around the knees, striped boxer underdrawers and a ugly butt pair of Caterpillar boots that the Chinese forgot to put shoe lases in! We don't want to forget our toboggan too!

G-man
11-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Before that happens, me and Eastie will have to find us a pair of shorts that the waist fits us around the knees, striped boxer underdrawers and a ugly butt pair of Caterpillar boots that the Chinese forgot to put shoe lases in! We don't want to forget our toboggan too!

Stranger things have happened. Have a great weekend

Monte
11-22-2006, 05:24 PM

Yeeeeaaaaah boyeeeeeeee!