PDA

View Full Version : Does your MasterCraft pass gas?

TMCNo1
03-11-2006, 02:38 PM
It's been warming up here in the last few days and the boat is parked in the basement with a full tank of gas! We noticed today after we got home and had left the garage doors open for a while, my wife said she smelled gas. The temp had risen in the basement and the gas had expanded in the tank and a small amount fumes were coming out of the vent. I just told my wife that the boat is part of the family and just like me it had just let out a good FART! :D :D

Farmer Ted
03-11-2006, 03:25 PM
It's been warming up here in the last few days and the boat is parked in the basement with a full tank of gas! We noticed today after we got home and had left the garage doors open for a while, my wife said she smelled gas. The temp had risen in the basement and the gas had expanded in the tank and a small amount fumes were coming out of the vent. I just told my wife that the boat is part of the family and just like me it had just let out a good FART! :D :D

Burped mine the other night, one more weekend of sports and it's all about the lake.... :woohoo:

Plus the garage has that "boat smell" now, you know what I'm talking about! :banana:

jeverett
03-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Burped mine the other night, one more weekend of sports and it's all about the lake.... :woohoo:

Plus the garage has that "boat smell" now, you know what I'm talking about! :banana:

Dude I absolutely know what your talk'n about. That boat smell is just like heaven. This may be crazy but I go out in the garage after the family has gone to bed to sit in the boat and think about the season to come. It is snowing out side and the season seems so far away :noface:

Laurel_Lake_Skier
03-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Plus the garage has that "boat smell" now, you know what I'm talking about! :banana:Someone should find a way to bottle that.....

Farmer Ted
03-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Someone should find a way to bottle that.....

It must be a combination of the vinyl, suntan oil, engine, it's the first indication that summer is right around the corner!
:eek3:

Farmer Ted
03-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Dude I absolutely know what your talk'n about. That boat smell is just like heaven. This may be crazy but I go out in the garage after the family has gone to bed to sit in the boat and think about the season to come. It is snowing out side and the season seems so far away :noface:

We may need Dr Phil......

step away from the boat, relax, breathe deep, run inside and watch the secret spot.....

SKI*MC
03-11-2006, 11:23 PM
I love lifting up the cover of the boat (before we summerize it) and take in a deeep wif of that Heavenly smell!

erkoehler
03-12-2006, 12:01 AM
I love lifting up the cover of the boat (before we summerize it) and take in a deeep wif of that Heavenly smell!

slightly concerned.....

Workin' 4 Toys
03-12-2006, 12:44 AM
Wow dude..... Ever consider yoga.....;)

Anyway, anything with fuel with give off the "decompression" scent. It would be bad to have it stored in an air locked room. If you do, don't turn the lights on.....!! Sparks would be real bad.!!
I have scene a guy store his Harley, BMW, and Jaguar in an air tight room (garage). One of them dripped a little fuel, and the fumes made it over to the refrigerator and when the compressor started, baboom! No more bike, cars, or house in a matter of minutes.
Fresh air change over is a good thing.

erkoehler
03-12-2006, 01:43 AM
WFT....its time to summerize :) :)

SKI*MC
03-12-2006, 04:15 PM
slightly concerned.....

you already know i have a problem! :D

Workin' 4 Toys
03-12-2006, 08:31 PM
WFT....its time to summerize :) :)
May 1st for us. Maybe I'll just hitch rides with you and stevo137 until then....:D