PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie To The Course!

scubat
09-21-2004, 12:41 PM
My wife bought me an 8 pass set at a local ski school here in Boca Raton, FL for my birthday this past weekend! What a cool present! I consider myself an excellent freestyle slalom skier but my first course experience was humbling to say the least. I had a good concept of timing and technique going into it, but my body was not in shape to handle the aftermath! By the time I finished my 8th pass I was comforatble and proficient hitting 6 buoys at 26mph and 15 off! I normally free ski at 35mph. I have a new respect for the pro's and the speed they run the course at. Every muscle in my body hurts and it is now 3 days after the lesson! Any advice on how to get my *** is shape to avoid this pain? I am only 31 years old! I free ski twice a week but it does not comapre to the work out I got from this lesson!

east tx skier
09-21-2004, 12:46 PM
It's amazing how fast those buoys come at you, even at 26 mph, eh!

erkoehler
09-21-2004, 12:50 PM
The more time on the water, the less it hurts afterwards.

Good luck, and it still hurts every spring no matter how much you get out!!

G-man
09-21-2004, 01:26 PM
I see your in Boynton, my wife is from Boynton and I grew up in Delray Beach. Friends of mine were the founding members of the Goldcoast Ski Club. Were you at Chet Raileys? One of the girls here is going to spend the summer in Boynton to work at Chets next summer. I hear he is a very good instructor. Join a club that has a course so you can practice, generally skiers can't keep their mouth shut and will give you advice on improvement. Boy do I miss the days of skiing from Lake Ida to Lake Osborn. We did this with 3-4 people on our surfboards with beer in our back pockets so we wouldn't get thursty during the ride.

scubat
09-21-2004, 04:41 PM
I see your in Boynton, my wife is from Boynton and I grew up in Delray Beach. Friends of mine were the founding members of the Goldcoast Ski Club. Were you at Chet Raileys? One of the girls here is going to spend the summer in Boynton to work at Chets next summer. I hear he is a very good instructor. Join a club that has a course so you can practice, generally skiers can't keep their mouth shut and will give you advice on improvement. Boy do I miss the days of skiing from Lake Ida to Lake Osborn. We did this with 3-4 people on our surfboards with beer in our back pockets so we wouldn't get thursty during the ride.

Hi George! Yes it was with Chet's school but the instructor was a young guy named Whim. Very good guy. I live in Boynton Beach and have a 1997 Pro-Star 190 with the LT1 that I use on Lake Osborne. Do you still live in the area? I am always looking for a ski partner.

G-man
09-21-2004, 04:49 PM
No I'm not in the area anymore. I now ski here:www.princetonlakespoa.com
Been in Texas since 1979
graduated Atlantic High 1973