PDA

View Full Version : Anyone gotten this email?

ski36short
03-07-2006, 10:29 PM
I want to post this at the ramp to my lake this year. Picture is not attached because real or not, it's pretty gross at least for my tolerance of human disfigurement.

Read this before you open the picture!!

Think YOU'RE having a bad day? This is another reason I don't fish. I don't know what to say, except just read the narrative first. This is an actual emergency room photo of a fisherman who lost control of his high-speed bass boat in West Virginia . Wardens believe that he was traveling at a speed of approximately 75 mph at the time of the accident. He was unable to negotiate a curve in the narrow waterway. Unfortunately for him, upon striking the shoreline and being ejected from the boat, he landed back end first on an old fence post. You can probably picture what happened next, but the attached picture really says it all. You can still see some of his tattered clothing on the post! The good news is that after about 6 months, this man made a full recovery after suffering a shattered hip, broken leg, several broken ribs, internal injuries and soft tissue damage. Doctors credited his recovery to the fact that the post lodged itself so tightly that there was little (this is where it stopped)

Ryan
03-07-2006, 10:41 PM
I did see that naked dude once. It may have been on here. I appreciate your posting discression. If anyone wants to see it they can google it.

ski36short
03-07-2006, 10:55 PM
I wondered how many times it's been around. I figured it probably wasn't fresh since it's not really bass fishing season... or is it? I don't know for WV...

kjohnson
03-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Where is the picture?

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-08-2006, 11:56 AM
If thats the same email I got, the ER nurse in the background is a hottie!!!! :headbang: I mean it! :D

Ryan
03-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Where is the picture?
Google this sentance and you'll find it:
Wardens believe that he was traveling at a speed of approximately 75 mph at the time of the accident.

If that doesn't solve it put in fishing, boat or something like that.

flipper
03-12-2006, 03:05 PM
That has got to suck, time to switch to a 9.9 outboard or something.

mitch
03-12-2006, 03:19 PM
http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/splinter.asp

somethings fishy

ski_king
03-12-2006, 04:03 PM
I have seen that same photo with 3 different explinations, fishing boat, motorcycle and turck driver.

The truck driver one described the accident as hitting a fence post while driving one of those small volvo type delevery trucks where the driver is sitting in front of the front axle.

Regardless, that had to hurt.

ski36short
03-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Yeah, when you do the google search Ryan suggested it seems to favor the motorcycle angle. Regardless, it's pretty sick and if even the picture is fabricated, that mind is even more sick...