PDA

View Full Version : NewGlass2 “fiberglass restoration”

X-45
03-07-2006, 07:00 PM
"New Glass 2 is not a wax and does not require polishing or buffing. One quart will restore a 32’ to 40’ Yacht, Boat or Recreational Vehicle.

Following an easy scrub with a mild abrasive cleaner and a thorough rinse with fresh water, New Glass 2 will be absorbed into the Fiberglass Gel Coat by simply wiping on multiple thin coats. A strong chemical bond forms that restores faded colors and provides long lasting protection with a new shine."

Saw it in WaterCraft World Mag. AnyBody ever use this stuff. :cool:

My First Hyper Link (http://www.newglass2.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi) :D

erkoehler
03-07-2006, 07:05 PM
$40 a bottle....I'll stick with the 303 and carnuba wax ;)

h2oskirs
03-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Stay away from that stuff. I used it on an old boat to bring back the shine. The stuff eventually started to flake off, it is almost like a clear coat film over the gelcoat. Stick with buffing using verying degrees of rubbing compounds, 3M has a good line of products from course coumpound to finishing liquid wax. I then use paste wax to finish.

Comments in another post about Tre-Wax are bang on. That stuff lasts all season.

Sodar
03-08-2006, 12:06 PM
You hit both points perfectly! Vertiglass looks great for a little while, but then flakes and needs to be color sanded to remove it. If your gelcoat is in really bad shape, take it to a detail shop and have wetsanded and buffed, then keep it waxed and it will last much longer than this product. Tre-wax is the best too!