PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Question

Mag_Red
03-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Let's say you return from the grocery store and discover the person before you left a bag and your bagger gives it to you. You don't discover the mistake untill you get home. The items in the bag are something you would normally eat. What would you do??? :popcorn:

ski_king
03-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Call the grocery store and tell them of the mixup and let them know they have 30 minutes to come to your house to get it before you start to eat it.

Mag_Red
03-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Good answer...........I remember one time I got home and realized they didn't put one of my bags in my cart. Do you think they offered to bring it to me??? Hell no! I had to go back up there......jump through all kinds of hoops, before they realized that mistake. I hate grocery shopping to begin with :mad:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-07-2006, 12:49 PM
First off, You totally messed this poll up Mag. :noface: You need to included an "UMP " option for the last poll option one like me and Lakepirate do. All polls need an UMP option for the last option.....its just the way it is. I make the rules, you all live by them. ;) You can choose what the UMP option is, I dont care. You could say, "shut up UMP, this poll is about grocerys not skiing" and thats acceptable. In fact, "Shut up UMP" is an excellent way to start an UMP option in your polls. You have been advised. :)

I would call them and say "Get yo #$$ up here and pick up the grocerys that YOU gave me by mistake and bring them to the correct customer."

UMP

LakePirate
03-07-2006, 12:55 PM
First off, You totally messed this poll up Mag. :noface: You need to included an "UMP " option for the last poll option one like me and Lakepirate do. All polls need an UMP option for the last option.....its just the way it is. I make the rules, you all live by them. ;) You can choose what the UMP option is, I dont care. You could say, "shut up UMP, this poll is about grocerys not skiing" and thats acceptable. In fact, "Shut up UMP" is an excellent way to start an UMP option in your polls. You have been advised. :)

I would call them and say "Get yo #$$ up here and pick up the grocerys that YOU gave me by mistake and bring them to the correct customer."

UMP

ROFLMAO

That's funny, I don't care who you are.

The question should be is the slimmie who left the bag hot?

If so you should try to find her and offer to bring her the groceries.

maristarman
03-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Unless you live a loooooonnnnnnngggg ways away from the grocery store, take it back.

TMCNo1
03-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Have a party with the excess items in the real owners honor. Make at least one toast to them hoping they are in front of you at the cashier next time too!
Their mind must have been on the birth control devices from the pharmacy that was in the other bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!

Mag_Red
03-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Unless you live a loooooonnnnnnngggg ways away from the grocery store, take it back.My niece is kind of a big wheel in their HR dept. May I should give the items to her. :D

03-07-2006, 01:11 PM
My niece is kind of a big wheel in their HR dept. May I should give the items to her. :D

Maybe you should have some fun with it and call your niece up and say "what kind of morons are you hiring there? they are screwing up everyones grocerys" and see what she says. Never let an opportunity go by to mess with someones head.

BTW, you never said your sorry for goofing up the poll Mag ;) you COMPELTELY ignored my wisdom I posted for you to gain from. Remember, I am the fountain of knowledge....or the smorgasboard of knowledge.....something like that. I just know alot of stuff. my job in life is to share that with you all. :rolleyes:

UMP

Maristar210
03-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Maybe you should have some fun with it and call your niece up and say "what kind of morons are you hiring there? they are screwing up everyones grocerys" and see what she says. Never let an opportunity go by to mess with someones head.

BTW, you never said your sorry for goofing up the poll Mag ;) you COMPELTELY ignored my wisdom I posted for you to gain from. Remember, I am the fountain of knowledge....or the smorgasboard of knowledge.....something like that. I just know alot of stuff. my job in life is to share that with you all. :rolleyes:

UMP

I think the excess cold has frozen the logical thought side of UMP's brain. This can only be remedied by soaking in warm lake water with a ski mounted on his feet. I do not expect any sort of cognative thought to ooze from his brain until such a time exists.

Having said that, I say return the grocieries and sleep well.

Steve :friday:

Mag_Red
03-07-2006, 01:45 PM

UMPUMP.........you're kind of like the bum on the corner.....you notice he's talking to you as you walk by, but you pretend not to notice him, cause you know, deep inside, you want to just shake the hell out of him and tell him to get a damned Job! :D Did you say something????

03-07-2006, 01:52 PM
UMP.........you're kind of like the bum on the corner.....you notice he's talking to you as you walk by, but you pretend not to notice him, cause you know, deep inside, you want to just shake the hell out of him and tell him to get a damned Job! :D Did you say something????

AWESOME!!!!! WTG MAG!!!

:headbang:

....but I have a job Mag..... :confused:

Ya know......Steve May be right on this.....

Ric
03-07-2006, 02:01 PM
ROFLMAO

That's funny, I don't care who you are.

The question should be is the slimmie who left the bag hot?

If so you should try to find her and offer to bring her the groceries.
don't ask them to come pick up or deliver..... they all really quit doing that after a guy named ron returned some glasses to a residence.... Sincerely, Oranthal

tex
03-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Is there Beer in the bag?

Cloaked
03-07-2006, 02:16 PM
My niece is kind of a big wheel in their HR dept. May I should give the items to her. :DPics? ???????

jbfootin
03-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Is there Beer in the bag?
Good question...

The way I look at it, by time you return the bag, the rightfull owners will be gone and will not be back. If you bring it back to the store, what are they going to do with it? Could they find out whose it is? If it was high dollar stuff I would return it, if it is basic groceries like pizza, chips and beer, I don't think I would go out of the way once I was home.

Mag_Red
03-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Pics? ??????? :uglyhamme It's my God Child you for god's sake! :rant: No Pic's for you! :D

jmyers
03-07-2006, 05:17 PM
I think you take it back! If the person that bought the items goes back to get them the store might argue that they are trying to get more free stuff, and the person that bought them might not have much money and may need that items much more than me! I would feel bad if I took the items for a family that needs them! :(

Ric
03-07-2006, 07:04 PM
I think you take it back! If the person that bought the items goes back to get them the store might argue that they are trying to get more free stuff, and the person that bought them might not have much money and may need that items much more than me! I would feel bad if I took the items for a family that needs them! :(
screw em!!

Hey, look! ................ defenseless babies!

erkoehler
03-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Keep em'!!!!

From my previous job, it happens ALL the time...more than you realize. Probably 5-10 times per day atleast....more on weekends.

Most stores will just tell the customer to go get another one, atleast that is what we did!

Enjoy Mag...by the way what was in the bag???

jmyers
03-07-2006, 07:30 PM
screw em!!

Hey, look! ................ defenseless babies!

Here I go pour out my heart and you stomp all over it! :( :D
And were there babies in the bag! :confused:

maristarman
03-07-2006, 07:49 PM
15 "keep the items" to 6 "return the items".

Who woulda thunk that over 70 percent of Mastercraft owners were morally defunct. :(

Mag_Red
03-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Keep em'!!!!

From my previous job, it happens ALL the time...more than you realize. Probably 5-10 times per day atleast....more on weekends.

Most stores will just tell the customer to go get another one, atleast that is what we did!

Enjoy Mag...by the way what was in the bag???Two packs of all beef franks, a thing of american cheese, and two bananas. I'll probably drop them off tomorrow. :wavey:

Workin' 4 Toys
03-07-2006, 09:24 PM
They will probably just toss it anyway after being "out" for a day, but I'd say return it.

erkoehler
03-07-2006, 09:25 PM
They will probably just toss it anyway after being "out" for a day, but I'd say return it.

You are correct....straight to the TRASH!!!! To much liability to resell or even donate.

BriEOD
03-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Call the grocery store and tell them of the mixup and let them know they have 30 minutes to come to your house to get it before you start to eat it.
Ditto....Call them and you have done your duty.

sassydog
03-07-2006, 09:51 PM
well if it were my usual groceries(steaks, a case of beer and propolactics) that had been swtiched, then i would immediately return the other items. Or maybe if i ended uo with a bag full of tampons then ya, same deal. but if i my coke got switched with pepsi, then i really woun'd care. hell i'd be happy if the bag of stuff i ended up with cost more than what i paid!