PDA

View Full Version : dogs on the mc....

warren
03-06-2006, 05:51 PM
How do I get my wife to allow our dog in our boat? She's worried about the interior getting ripped.

rodltg2
03-06-2006, 06:07 PM
dont take the wife, and bring the dog... :D

AirJunky
03-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Trim their nails? Hasn't been a problem with our Border Collie.
Better not let any skis or boards on the boat either. Those fins are murder on the interior! :uglyhamme

bcampbe7
03-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Rod's idea is a good one. :uglyhamme

Alot of TMC members have dogs and take them on their boats. I don't think I have heard of one instance where the dog caused damage to the interior.

Show her this picture and think of how much fun it is to watch you dog jump off the platform to retrieve a toy...or leaf...or stick...you get the idea. :)

NORTHERN LIGHTS
03-06-2006, 06:16 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
good one rod!! you beat me to it

warren
03-06-2006, 06:24 PM
dont take the wife, and bring the dog... :D

Unfortunatly the dog isnt a leagal third otherwise you have a good point.

AirJunky
03-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Unfortunatly the dog isnt a leagal third otherwise you have a good point.So does she have any exidence of the dogs tearing up the upholstry? This is my 3rd boat & 2nd dog & never had a problem with the upholstry getting torn from the dog.

André
03-06-2006, 06:27 PM
What kind of dog?

warren
03-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Better not let any skis or boards on the boat either. Those fins are murder on the interior! :uglyhamme

Its a hell of a lot easier to beat the crap out of someone who cuts your vinyl with a fin then it would be to beat the crap out of a dog that loves the water.

jmyers
03-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Unfortunatly the dog isnt a leagal third otherwise you have a good point.
That's when you bring the girlfriend! :D

AirJunky
03-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Its a hell of a lot easier to beat the crap out of someone who cuts your vinyl with a fin then it would be to beat the crap out of a dog that loves the water.
Yea, I'm gonna look dumb as he11 beatin the crap out of myself for it too. :noface:

warren
03-06-2006, 06:33 PM
What kind of dog?

Hes a rotty.

warren
03-06-2006, 06:35 PM
That's when you bring the girlfriend! :D

I know too many people on the lake for that. Besides the wife loves to ski, when the boat goes she goes.

rodltg2
03-06-2006, 06:35 PM
and he loves water? i wish mine did, mine is terrified, plus he sinks...

warren
03-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Yea, I'm gonna look dumb as he11 beatin the crap out of myself for it too. :noface:

I told her thats what duct tape is for. You know that they make it in different colors now.

warren
03-06-2006, 06:38 PM
and he loves water? i wish mine did, mine is terrified, plus he sinks...

I can't keep him out of it. We have a creek on our property and any time we cant find him all we have to do is look down at the water.

AirJunky
03-06-2006, 06:44 PM
I told her thats what duct tape is for. You know that they make it in different colors now.
Hehe, nice.... I'm about to take my back seat cushion down to the upholstry shop for a cut repair. Their not doing much during the winter so they will cut you a better deal.

jmyers
03-06-2006, 06:45 PM
I know too many people on the lake for that. Besides the wife loves to ski, when the boat goes she goes.
It was just a joke! :D I would never bring a the girlfriend in front of the wife!

warren
03-06-2006, 06:49 PM
It was just a joke! :D I would never bring a the girlfriend in front of the wife!

Hell she wouldn't care she gets into to that stuff.

warren
03-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Hehe, nice.... I'm about to take my back seat cushion down to the upholstry shop for a cut repair. Their not doing much during the winter so they will cut you a better deal.

How did you damage it? I am finding a lot of nicks on our cushions and I realized they are from the fiberglass moldings of the storage areas.

bcampbe7
03-06-2006, 07:11 PM
I will say that you will have hair everywhere!

AirJunky
03-06-2006, 07:11 PM
How did you damage it? I am finding a lot of nicks on our cushions and I realized they are from the fiberglass moldings of the storage areas.
Getting back in the boat after a ride. I flipped my Sky Ski so it was seat down & went to slide it forward off the seat to the floor. The Shrader valve for the shock punched a hold in the front edge of the cushion.
Bet thats not the answer you expected. :D

I had one fixed on the engine cover a few yrs ago. It was a wakeboard edge, sliced it open sliding the board up front to put in the bow.

bcampbe7
03-06-2006, 07:12 PM
:eek: :eek:
And the thread comes to a screeching halt! :eek3:

jmyers
03-06-2006, 07:14 PM
:eek: :eek:
And the thread comes to a screeching halt! :eek3:
I opened a can of worms, didn't I? :banana:

bcampbe7
03-06-2006, 07:18 PM
I opened a can of worms, didn't I? :banana:

It's all good.

PendO
03-06-2006, 07:24 PM
How do I get my wife to allow our dog in our boat? She's worried about the interior getting ripped.

We let the two weimaraners in the boats ... but only based on the majority rules principle (my vote is outnumbered) but they have to sit on a towel or on the floor.

michael freeman
03-06-2006, 08:04 PM
I plan on bringing my Giant Schnauzer on the boat. I was curious if gel coat scratches were a problem?

I'm mainly worried about a missed jump from the platform to the top of the boat. (i.e., She almost makes the leap, but ends up clawing away with her back legs in an attempt to pull herself up).

Any issues like that?

I take her in my truck all the time with no problems with her tearing the seats with her claws.

AirJunky
03-06-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm mainly worried about a missed jump from the platform to the top of the boat. (i.e., She almost makes the leap, but ends up clawing away with her back legs in an attempt to pull herself up).
Traxx it (http://www.airjunky.com/traxxed/) & let her scratch it all she wants. :D

PendO
03-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Traxx it (http://www.airjunky.com/traxxed/) & let her scratch it all she wants. :D

Or you could try the clear paint protection film (http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/auto_marine_aero/automotive_aftermarket/node_GSWSTWG6S9be/root_GST1T4S9TCgv/vroot_GSLPLPKL4Xge/gvel_PKD7VS0CHGgl/theme_us_aad_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_html) like something offered by 3M and put it between the rub rail and sun deck on the transom ... our dogs like the boat but don't like to swim, so its not a problem:)

I am considering putting some on the nose as the grey material (by the boat buddy) is abrasive on the gel coat and I don't like to do the towel thing.

Leroy
03-06-2006, 09:23 PM
You could cause damage, but we have not had anything other than a lot of hair.

bcampbe7
03-06-2006, 09:26 PM
...but we have not had anything other than a lot of hair.

Love those labs!

André
03-06-2006, 09:27 PM
You could cause damage, but we have not had anything other than a lot of hair.
Speaking of hairs,how do you guys pull them out of the carpet?
Seems that even if i do my best,just can't vacuum all them out...

André
03-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Love those labs!
Best of the Best!
Wish i had a digital.She sleeping on her back on the leather couch.Her favorite spot.
Leather is great for the hairs,just blow them away with the compressed air... :toast:

bcampbe7
03-06-2006, 09:36 PM

My wife vacuums them up with a Shop-Vac.

Best of the Best!
Wish i had a digital.She sleeping on her back on the leather couch.Her favorite spot.
Leather is great for the hairs,just blow them away with the compressed air... :toast:
:uglyhamme
That's great André!
My girl is sleeping at my feet as I type.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-06-2006, 09:37 PM

Yes, all of a sudden we all forgot what this thread was about in the first place......

OK man, fess up! whats the scoop? You left yourself WIDE open to questions with that comment! :D Spill the beans boy! Does her car license plate match the one on Austin Power's car ??? :cool:

UMP

bcampbe7
03-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Yes, all of a sudden we all forgot what this thread was about in the first place......

OK man, fess up! whats the scoop? You left yourself WIDE open to questions with that comment! :D Spill the beans boy! Does her car license plate match the one on Austin Power's car ??? :cool:

UMP

I already invited him to "the list" UMP, don't worry. :)
Check your PM's Warren. :woohoo:

Maristar210
03-06-2006, 10:15 PM

Andre'

Use the masking tape rollers. They work well, even on them dawgs ;)

Steve

West TN Wake
03-06-2006, 10:54 PM
She's probally right...id kill a dog if they ruined my interior

ski36short
03-06-2006, 10:56 PM
Or you could try the clear paint protection film (http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/auto_marine_aero/automotive_aftermarket/node_GSWSTWG6S9be/root_GST1T4S9TCgv/vroot_GSLPLPKL4Xge/gvel_PKD7VS0CHGgl/theme_us_aad_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_html) like something offered by 3M and put it between the rub rail and sun deck on the transom ... our dogs like the boat but don't like to swim, so its not a problem:)

I am considering putting some on the nose as the grey material (by the boat buddy) is abrasive on the gel coat and I don't like to do the towel thing.

Thanx for the link - I've considered adding some of that to the transom to keep ski scratches to a min. Anyone use it? Do you think it would pull stickers off?

EDIT: never mind. "The application is meant to be permanent". Not exactly what I had in mind...

LakePirate
03-06-2006, 11:03 PM
You tell him he can't go.

Leroy
03-06-2006, 11:12 PM
You bet! My family would not go out without Cocoa!

I use the Dyson vacuum cleaner, works great, the roller sticky tape works good also. But the instant she come back aboard there is hair everywhere.

Love those labs!

Leroy
03-06-2006, 11:24 PM
And they are great fun to swim with, just be sure to put both arms under their belly and they will just rest in the water.

richardsoncd
03-07-2006, 10:01 AM
If she is that worried, laydown some towels. Having a dog on the boat is like having the dog in the house, kind of makes everything right.

mrcrowson
03-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Great Looking dog Leroy.

I have never taken either of my dogs on the water, The are pretty much surrounded by it here in Florida and they just hate getting wet. But I still love them.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-07-2006, 10:13 AM
DOGS RULE!!!! :headbang:

skeeler
03-07-2006, 01:14 PM
Buy his and her's MC. :D

dog paw
03-07-2006, 01:56 PM

I read somewhere that if you knew everywhere your dogs bare butt has been you would sell your house :D

Hear's a pic of our new nutjob Norrie. She was terrified of anything with a engine but is learnig quickly that things with engines are fun. I do worry about the nails on the seats though.

warren
03-07-2006, 03:35 PM

Hey sorry to get everybody in an uproar. I was just joshing or should I say dreaming. Isn't that every guys wish?

warren
03-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Buy his and her's MC. :D

That would be a good idea, however that would mean a whole new rig as well.

bradamerry
03-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Big Dog always gets to go............ :banana:

bradamerry
03-07-2006, 03:41 PM
another................

lakes Rick
03-08-2006, 08:51 PM
You tell him he can't go.

Make a note:

Lakepirate needs to post more Bathing suit shots

No more cracks about TriStars.......

milkmania
03-08-2006, 10:03 PM
You bet! My family would not go out without Cocoa!

Leroy, your black lab's name is Cocoahttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/conf40.gif

Leroy
03-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Strange, huh, my wife wanted to name her after something from Belgium, would have fit better if she had been a chocolate lab.....oh well she is very dark chocolate.

milkmania
03-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Strange, huh, my wife wanted to name her after something from Belgium, would have fit better if she had been a chocolate lab.....oh well she is very dark chocolate.

good one!
I guess we approve.... lolhttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/biggthumpup.gif

87 TriStar 190
03-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Is that an 88 'TriStar? Looks in nice shape. How many hours? I have an 87 single console TriStar.

erkoehler
03-08-2006, 11:27 PM
If your talking about the boat with the brown dog, it is an 1987 PS 190.

kalanic
03-09-2006, 10:25 AM
My new MC guard dog. Just got em. 7-1/2 weeks old. http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/kalanic/2.jpg

Leroy
03-09-2006, 10:37 AM
What a cute puppy kalanic!

Workin' 4 Toys
03-09-2006, 02:49 PM
No dogs in my boat.

BeavenX5
03-09-2006, 03:33 PM
My dog is allowed only on the dock and in the rowboat and canoe. She is strickly forbidden in the Mastercraft but I did catch her in it a few time while it was docked and we were not there. :wavey:
The seats are way to confy vs the wooden deck... :uglyhamme

ilikeitglacy
03-09-2006, 05:27 PM
My new MC guard dog. Just got em. 7-1/2 weeks old. http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/kalanic/2.jpg
were you showin weird animal pics again???

kalanic
03-09-2006, 05:29 PM
No why? Weird? DOnt understand?

Ron Grover
03-09-2006, 06:40 PM
If you are worried about scratches you could always get those leather socks you can put on hunting dogs for rough terrain. the would keep the toe nails under control

michael freeman
03-09-2006, 08:47 PM
If you are worried about scratches you could always get those leather socks you can put on hunting dogs for rough terrain. the would keep the toe nails under control

I thought about this, but was a little concerned about them being able to swim with them.

SD190EVO
03-09-2006, 08:57 PM
It is pretty cool that your wife respects the boat.

I'd leave the dog on the dock and give the wife a bone.

jlf
03-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Just got a Border Collie the day after Christmas so this summer will be my first experience with letting him in the MasterCraft, going to give it a try and see how he does. He seems to like the water. I am a little worried about the nail on the seats, but he seems to do okay on the leather in my truck so it should be fine. He is such a member of the family he goes almost anywhere we go so I couldn't imagine leaving him home while the rest of us are out. Besides then he would spend over half of his summer lock in a kennel, I just couldn't do that. Swimming is good exercise for him too.

WakePowell
03-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Our dogs love to boat so not taking them was out of the question. I had a local upholstery shop make a snap on carpet that matches the factory carpet to protect the dogs’ nails from damaging the seats. It also gives them extra traction while jumping from the platform into the boat. They know from training that they are only allowed where the carpet is placed.

AirJunky
03-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Just got a Border Collie the day after Christmas so this summer will be my first experience with letting him in the MasterCraft, going to give it a try and see how he does. He seems to like the water. I am a little worried about the nail on the seats, but he seems to do okay on the leather in my truck so it should be fine. He is such a member of the family he goes almost anywhere we go so I couldn't imagine leaving him home while the rest of us are out. Besides then he would spend over half of his summer lock in a kennel, I just couldn't do that. Swimming is good exercise for him too.
Great dog, JLF. Mine is a little over a year old & learns better than any of my other dogs have. He'll give me five, heel for blocks, sit, stay (play hide & go seek), speak, catches anything, etc. Frankly I'm falling behind & need to teach him more but haven't thought of any more tricks. I need to get a frisbee out & start working with him for this summer.
The funniest thing is when there are new people on the boat with us. I'll be sitting on the swimstep getting in my ski & say, "Jesse, high five" & he'll run to the back of the boat & slap five with me then I slide off the back for a run.
Keep his nails trimmed & you won't have any problems.

jlf
03-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Great dog, JLF. Mine is a little over a year old & learns better than any of my other dogs have. He'll give me five, heel for blocks, sit, stay (play hide & go seek), speak, catches anything, etc. Frankly I'm falling behind & need to teach him more but haven't thought of any more tricks. I need to get a frisbee out & start working with him for this summer.
The funniest thing is when there are new people on the boat with us. I'll be sitting on the swimstep getting in my ski & say, "Jesse, high five" & he'll run to the back of the boat & slap five with me then I slide off the back for a run.
Keep his nails trimmed & you won't have any problems.
Nice to hear, we have taught ours almost all the same tricks already and we play frisbee almost non stop even in the house. We are working on roll over. We do shake, high five, hide and seek, fetch, sit pretty, I am working on teaching him to pick up his own toys and putting them back in his toy basket, roll over and we are working on teaching him to get his own ice out of the ice maker on the fridge. We are hoping to get him trained pretty well so he can behave on the boat this summer. Couldn't imagine leaving him home.

erkoehler
03-12-2006, 08:00 PM
I hope you were joking about the ice????