PDA

View Full Version : New to WI--need upholstery work

ksdaoski
03-04-2006, 08:36 PM
hello-
moved to Pewaukee, WI in Sept, picked up an 88 Prostar last week.

Would like to have the seats re-done. Are they any good local places I can trust?

Thanks

Andyg
03-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Go to Fountain of Youth for Boats, 262-392-9192. They are located in North Praire, about 30 minutes SW of Pewaukee. They specialize in restoring and repairing boats. If you don't get skins from Summerset Marine in Delavan Foutain of Youth should be able to cut some for you.

Just make sure you stay on them or your boat will never get done. Expect about double the time from what they tell you. They have done really good work for me, but none of it was vinyl work.

Where in Pewaukee are you? I live just north in Sussex off of Hwy 164.

ksdaoski
03-04-2006, 10:56 PM
thanks for the reply. If I hit them now, hopefully I'll have it back by the time the lake is liquid again!

I'm right down the road from Curleys on the Waterfront....across the street from the lake

JimN
03-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Andy- speaking of Summerset, have you heard that there's been quite a bit of employee turnover?

Andyg
03-05-2006, 01:12 PM
I know Jeremy left, but other than that I hadn't heard anything. I also haven't been down there since June of last year.

east tx skier
03-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Welcome, ksdaoski. If you click FAQ in my signature, about the 3rd post down has some info about getting replacement skins. For a 1988 prostar, last I heard, no accent colors were available from MC. In other words, white vinyl only. But still worth a call. I was able to get some OEM skins with accent colors after the cutoff despite what they said about their no longer being available.

JimN
03-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Andy- from what I heard last week, Joe and Randy are gone, too. Makes me wonder what's going on.

Andyg
03-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Andy- from what I heard last week, Joe and Randy are gone, too. Makes me wonder what's going on.

Makes you wonder what is going on down there if there is so much turnover.

I heard Redline is building a new showroom though in Madison. It takes me just as long to get to Redline as it does Summerset so I guess Paul at Redline will be getting my buisness again.

JimN
03-05-2006, 03:54 PM
I should shoot out to Redline, I haven't seen them since the last time I went to MC training.

SKI*MC
03-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Brian left there too around the time of the boat show... hmmm

time to end the thread jack

We took our 69 Camaro seats to hour glass in Milwaukee, they did an amazing job, i'll post some pictures when i have some.

erkoehler
03-05-2006, 04:33 PM
UM, are they closing up shop there or what? 4 guys left, it wasn't that big or that well of an established MC dealer was it?

SKI*MC
03-05-2006, 04:35 PM
I keep trying to email Brian Huels over there, he still hasn't gotten back to me. (its been about 2 weeks) My guess is he is gone too.

erkoehler
03-05-2006, 04:43 PM
I keep trying to email Brian Huels over there, he still hasn't gotten back to me. (its been about 2 weeks) My guess is he is gone too.

Sounds like you should go get a job over there!

JimN
03-05-2006, 04:44 PM
I'm hearing that people are leaving both locations, but haven't heard the details yet.

I couldn't see closing, it's a great location for a boat dealership.

erkoehler
03-05-2006, 04:48 PM
This is a tough time of year being winter and all, but what dealership can afford to loose 4 people or more and still offer the high quality service that MasterCraft customers/owners are accustomed too.

I hope they make it....

JohnnyB
03-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Fountain of Youth for Boats, 262-392-9192.

What types of services do they have....I'm looking to refurbish my boat's fiberglass through buffing and/or wet sanding....do they do this type of work? If not, do you know of someone that does?

Andyg
03-05-2006, 10:38 PM
What types of services do they have....I'm looking to refurbish my boat's fiberglass through buffing and/or wet sanding....do they do this type of work? If not, do you know of someone that does?

If it is in a boat they fix it, that is except engine and tranny work. I had some gelcoat gouges from a bolt on a dock and they did an amazing job repairing them. They also installed my mini tower.

SKI*MC
03-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Sounds like you should go get a job over there!

too far, when they open up there delefield location, I'm as in as... umm...in. i guess :confused:

WTRSK1R
03-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Sorry for the on-going Threadjack, but wanted to throw in my :twocents:
The last newsletter I received from Redline indicated they are in progress on the new location. They are expanding both the showroom and the service area from what I have heard. The newsletter also sounded like they were expanding the service force.

Andy, where do you ski if you live in Sussex. I am just off of 164 myself. I hit Nagawicka and Lac La Belle during the summer plus try to get up to the league in Neosha as often as possible. :)

Steve

Andyg
03-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Sorry for the on-going Threadjack, but wanted to throw in my :twocents:
The last newsletter I received from Redline indicated they are in progress on the new location. They are expanding both the showroom and the service area from what I have heard. The newsletter also sounded like they were expanding the service force.

Andy, where do you ski if you live in Sussex. I am just off of 164 myself. I hit Nagawicka and Lac La Belle during the summer plus try to get up to the league in Neosha as often as possible. :)

Steve

I don't ski around Sussex at all. In fact I think I have only had my boat out on area lakes twice. I keep my boat up at my cabin near Montello, WI. If I want to get in a couple of evening sets I usually skip out of work early and hop on my bike and drive up there, 2 hr drive. I am always guaranted glass though when I go up there so it makes it worth it. Last year we picked Wed nights to be our ski night and my buddies and I, weather permitting would head up to the cabin. It makes it difficult to do it after August since it starts getting dark so early though.

I have heard that Lake Keesus is a good lake for evening skiing. It doesn't get a lot of boat traffic from what I have heard. I personally have never been on it though so I can't tell you for sure. I tried once late last year and the water was so low I would have never been able to launch the boat. A coworker skis Lake Keesus a lot in the summer. If you try and hit it on a weekend odds are you won't even be able to launch your boat. They only allow a limited number of people to launch, based on capacity of the parking lot. Most the time the parking lot is full by 8AM with fishermen vehicles.

I skied at Neosho a couple of times the summer before last on Thurday nights. I just didn't have time it seemed like last year. I might try and do it again this year though.

I live on Good Hope Rd about a 1/2 mile east of the fire department and Hillside. The Centenial Oaks Subdivision is adjacent to my property.

JimN
03-06-2006, 11:12 AM
And now that we know where you live,

PARTY AT ANDY'S HOUSE!!!!!!!!!

Make sure the dealer sticker is in plain view on your boat if you go to Keesus.

Andyg
03-06-2006, 11:43 AM
And now that we know where you live,

PARTY AT ANDY'S HOUSE!!!!!!!!!

Make sure the dealer sticker is in plain view on your boat if you go to Keesus.

I don't get the dealer sticker comment?

You guys missed it, I had one two weekends ago. Started out with Pizza from Pepinos and a few board games and then the Skeleton game came out and the next thing I remember is waking up in bed. The skeleton game is a kids game that has been converted to a shot game. You spin a wheel that picks the type of shot then you press a button on the game board and a little skeleton comes out of a treasure chest that picks the person's game piece and they have to do the shot.

It turned into Battle Royal with my friends. Too bad my couch took the brunt of it. I had some random girl up on the beams that run through my great room. I woke up with rug burn on my forehead, a black eye and huge scratch across my cheek. All of which I have no idea how it happened.

JimN
03-06-2006, 12:21 PM
We wouldn't have missed it if you had told us about it!

Did you have a bunch of fuzzy stuff on you in the AM? B-A-A-A-A-AHHHHHHHHH!

Leroy
03-06-2006, 12:39 PM
OUCH! Ha!

We wouldn't have missed it if you had told us about it!

Did you have a bunch of fuzzy stuff on you in the AM? B-A-A-A-A-AHHHHHHHHH!

rajfooter
03-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Hey JimN (and everyone else too) it's Jeremy, formerly of too many places.

Are Joe K and Randy really gone? I know you know the truth! Spill it.

I am very tempted to use this forum to set the record straight on everything as there has been some mis-information published here.

The problem is that now that I'm out of the boat business and not working nights or weekends I really don't care.

That is all for now.
Jeremy

JimN
03-08-2006, 11:16 PM
All I have heard is that they are gone. No details and while I'm tempted to call around to get more info, I'll survive not knowing. OTOH, I need to get ahold of one of Randy's friends, so I may make a few calls.

What are you doing now? Did I leave a long (8') straightedge, an aluminum clamp and some other tools at the Elkhorn store?

east tx skier
03-08-2006, 11:22 PM
All I have heard is that they are gone. No details and while I'm tempted to call around to get more info, I'll survive not knowing. OTOH, I need to get ahold of one of Randy's friends, so I may make a few calls.

What are you doing now? Did I leave a long (8') straightedge, an aluminum clamp and some other tools at the Elkhorn store?

So they say, but it's worth a call IMO. I got some skins for my jump seat with the accent colors months after the supposed cutoff.