PDA

View Full Version : Post Counts

BriEOD
03-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Team Talk,

Please accept my apologies for 4 worthless posts. But, I wanted to illustrate to young erkoehler that he is obsessed with this post count thing. As Tom Scott always says "it is quality not quanity."

Eric put down the pretzels, turn off the computer and go find a girlfriend dude. Their is more to life then Team Talk--you are obssesed dude.

ski_king
03-04-2006, 12:12 PM
I'll second that!

jayocheskey
03-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Erk and I became members of this site at about the same time. I would post or inquire about topics seeking guidance or elder opinion - without fail, Erk would respond with a one-line meaningless response like, "Good luck with that" or "Keep us posted" - you know - something along those lines. I couldn't figure out who this guy was and being new to the site, I didn't really know how everything worked. The more I looked through the site, the more Erk posts I saw along those same lines - short one-liners that had absolutely no worth.

To some people, post count is everything - if that's his goal, let's simply congratulate him on getting there so quickly. What an accomplishment!

ilikeitglacy
03-04-2006, 01:27 PM
can someone please splain to me BUMP :)

André
03-04-2006, 02:04 PM
You "bump " a thread to put it back on top of the "New post" section so that peoples will notice it.
As for posting just for the fun of it,we're all guilty of it at some point,some more then others...Who really cares anyway? :twocents:
Just a bunch of guys waiting for the season to begin... :toast:

PendO
03-04-2006, 02:04 PM

Bring Up My Post ... (or a post by someone else) ... go ahead and google "what does BUMP mean" and you get more history

sorry Andre' we posted at the same time

Ric
03-04-2006, 02:12 PM
pop culture mating ritual. foreplay

shepherd
03-04-2006, 06:48 PM
I see a young man who has set a goal for himself -- top poster -- and is following through with a single-minded purpose to attain that lofty goal. I respect that. :worthy:

Well, no... actually, Erk: the girlfriend idea is a good one... :cool:

ilikeitglacy
03-05-2006, 08:26 AM
pop culture mating ritual. foreplay
tyvm i had it all wrong. so if my post (pic) deserve a BUMP i don't have to delete... :D LOL

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-05-2006, 09:03 AM
well, I am COMPLETELY guilty of excessive posting lately too. But I have such a bad case of spring fever I dont know what else to do. :o I know, I am bad cuz I started 2 threads on pirate jokes, but hey its either that or go out to my uncles garage and try to wax my boat in subzero temps. I hear wax dont go on or off too well when its -6 degrees outside. Im not a big TV type person, my girlfriend lives 1000 miles away(shes moving here soon) so I dont have a helluva lot do at this time......so I am here. Hey, I can only spend so much time reading my ski brochures, surfing ski mfgs websites, working out at the gym preparing for ski season, working at my job, visiting family and friends, I gotta do something with my spare time. :o and I like it here!!! :wavey:

UMP

ilikeitglacy
03-05-2006, 09:30 AM
i like your stories UMP, keep on posting :headbang: :toast:

03-05-2006, 09:32 AM
i like your stories UMP, keep on posting :headbang: :toast:

What stories glacey? :confused: I didnt realize I had any.....
Whatcha mean? :confused:

ilikeitglacy
03-05-2006, 09:40 AM
What stories glacey? :confused: I didnt realize I had any.....
Whatcha mean? :confused:
well actually i remember sein pic of you on an iced dock looking prrrrrretty funny, i think i saw some of your sticks too... :confused:then you told us about your winterization nightmare, what else humm let me see... :D i mean you posted 1219 times you must have said someting...

03-05-2006, 09:59 AM
OK, point taken :) I see what you mean. Wheeeh. thats a relief. I start thinkin' what the he** did I type here??? :eek: I was hoping I didnt get drunk and go running though town half naked, with one of Fred the mechanic's goats, steal a car, spin donuts with it in the Mr. Donut parking lot while the cops were there on "break" and go on a hi speed chase through 14 and a half states with an under age goat in the car while telling it stupid pirate jokes all the time, and then asking the goat what it thought of the pirate jokes. :uglyhamme

I will keep on posting Glacey. THis place is too good to stay away from.Cheers!

UMP

ilikeitglacy
03-05-2006, 10:06 AM
i just want to know one thing, was the goat male or female???

east tx skier
03-05-2006, 12:04 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If that post counter disappears tomorrow, I'll not complain about it. I remember when people on the site first started talking about wanting them and wondering what the point would be. It's not indicative of a person's knowledge on all things MC. I'd wager I still ask more questions than I provide answers.

And it's not like any of us have posted 100% relevant material 100% of the time. I'm pushing 11,000 posts and I'd be lying if I said each one of them (if any of them) was the MC equivilent of Shakespeare.

Brian's been posting on here longer than I have and knows a lot more about how these things are put together than I do. JimN has over 9,000 fewer posts than I do. Who would you rather have diagnose your fuel delivery issues?

Perhaps the only thing a high post count indicates is that that person may know whether a topic has been discussed before, i.e., retrofit MTS, which was recently revived to my simultaneous delight and consternation.

Right now, I've got a blinding hangover as we hosted a baby shower with a full bar and a keg. The kids of all who participated were all sent to relatives' houses. It lasted until 3 AM and it looked like the Dad-to-be was going to hurl on the carpet. The mom to be left at midnight and the rest of us put a dent in that 1/2 barrel. Good times! Good times. Just wanted to note that there is life outside the discussion board. Erk, do what makes you happy man. I only glance at that counter by happenstance and am not posting with it in mind. So over time, you should have no trouble taking the top spot from me if that's what you want. I'm just glad this board exists. It's sucha great resource. I wouldn't know what little I do about these boats without it.

There are girls out there, Erk. :eek:

Aren't girls wonderful?!? Aren't bath's wonderful!?! Imagine how nice a girl who bathed could be.
-Arthur Bach/Mr. Hopson

Maristar210
03-05-2006, 01:16 PM
ETS,

You lost me at consternation ;) Seriously I recall when you mentioned a fix to the server or something? that would make a posters count reduce by one instead of go up by one with each post . I still want to see that :steering:
Personally if mine were 1 or 1000 means little to me, I just enjoy the resource.

/"I love you guys" jack - over...
Steve

rodltg2
03-05-2006, 01:22 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If that post counter disappears tomorrow, I'll not complain about it. I remember when people on the site first started talking about wanting them and wondering what the point would be. It's not indicative of a person's knowledge on all things MC. I'd wager I still ask more questions than I provide answers.

And it's not like any of us have posted 100% relevant material 100% of the time. I'm pushing 11,000 posts and I'd be lying if I said each one of them (if any of them) was the MC equivilent of Shakespeare.

Brian's been posting on here longer than I have and knows a lot more about how these things are put together than I do. JimN has over 9,000 fewer posts than I do. Who would you rather have diagnose your fuel delivery issues?

Perhaps the only thing a high post count indicates is that that person may know whether a topic has been discussed before, i.e., retrofit MTS, which was recently revived to my simultaneous delight and consternation.

Right now, I've got a blinding hangover as we hosted a baby shower with a full bar and a keg. The kids of all who participated were all sent to relatives' houses. It lasted until 3 AM and it looked like the Dad-to-be was going to hurl on the carpet. The mom to be left at midnight and the rest of us put a dent in that 1/2 barrel. Good times! Good times. Just wanted to note that there is life outside the discussion board. Erk, do what makes you happy man. I only glance at that counter by happenstance and am not posting with it in mind. So over time, you should have no trouble taking the top spot from me if that's what you want. I'm just glad this board exists. It's sucha great resource. I wouldn't know what little I do about these boats without it.

There are girls out there, Erk. :eek:

Aren't girls wonderful?!? Aren't bath's wonderful!?! Imagine how nice a girl who bathed could be.
-Arthur Bach/Mr. Hopson

i have a hangovdrr too, long day at work led to a long night drinkin.... hair of the dog time!

east tx skier
03-05-2006, 01:26 PM
Well, my saving grace was that I recognized at about 1 am that I needed to start thinking about today. I put down pint after pint of water for the next two hours. When I said blinding earlier, that was a bit of an exageration. In truth, I probably just won't get a lot accomplished today.

03-05-2006, 01:46 PM
I was a tad bit happy when I hit a 1000 posts. but thats about all. Posts are not my goal. I will never keep up too the heavy posters here. I will say that I am very much the learner here though. I am taking in way more info than I am giving back. I knew practically nothing about MC before joining this site. I try to offer assistance when I feel I can offer GOOD assistance. I dont just spout off on every issue just for the sake of it. I only advise when I feel am truly knowledgable to do so.

I will admit that I churn out plenty of foolishness here though. My sense of humor just rolls in high gear all the time. :dance: Its all good in my book though. I enjoy the goofy S*#% every one else posts here too. :toast: I guess I figure dumb arse humor is my way of giving back something to this board because I take so much knowledge about MC stuff and skiing in general. :D

as it was stated by someone else here before, I am just happy this place exists and to be a part of it.

03-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Oh yea, and by the way, UMP doesnt have a hangover today!!! :woohoo: UMP just cant seem to tolerate alcohol anymore. I really cant handle beer anymore, I just get sick. NOt pukey nasty sick. Just feel like $*#& the next two days type of sick. Guts just not right, the whole digestive track just not right. I have to drink booze now, and thats sparingly. White Russians is my drink of choice now. I get goofy drunk on those. My girlfreind loves to get my Happy on them and tries to get me to say "Pennsylvania" and "Right Wing Republicans" and laughs her A$$ off at me when I cant do it!!! :D Its a hoot! I end up with something like Pervensylvania and White RIng rulbiclians..... its a hoot. But I just cant do beer anymore......uuuggh.....it dont even taste good anymore. strange.......

MarkP
03-05-2006, 08:43 PM
Team Talk,

Please accept my apologies for 4 worthless posts. But, I wanted to illustrate to young erkoehler that he is obsessed with this post count thing. As Tom Scott always says "it is quality not quanity."

Eric put down the pretzels, turn off the computer and go find a girlfriend dude. Their is more to life then Team Talk--you are obssesed dude.That cracks me up.. BUT, I would like to say, turn off the computer and go find a girlfriend!!! Hope Rene DONT see that:o !!