PDA

View Full Version : build your own mastercraft

richardsoncd
03-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Does anyone else find this tool on the MC website very addicting? I think I have built at least 30 diffrent boats since I found it. Maybe I am getting as bad as UMP and his pirate jokes and just need spring to get here.

east tx skier
03-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Mine looks the same every time. Sort of an updated version of the boat I already have.

richardsoncd
03-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Mine looks the same every time. Sort of an updated version of the boat I already have.

Yeah, I did the Prostar but made the hull the same grey with red metaflake as my S&S....got to stop doing that, makes me temporarily wish I had something besides my baby.

BrianM
03-02-2006, 04:55 PM
The new build a boat no longer shows the boat with the platform that you choose (teak or fiberglass) or with a tower if you choose one. Last years worked better.

Here is mine. Canadian Flake, Silver Flake, Fire Red Flake with Pro-Tour red accent on the interior, teak platform and SS rubrail:worthy:

east tx skier
03-02-2006, 04:57 PM
With all that metal flake, stay away from the docks. No fun to repair.

Brian, did you view it from above. Mabye it'll show you the teak then.

/and what's with the open bow?

BrianM
03-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Yeah viewed from above and still no dice. Yeah it would be open bow if I bought new. I would try to order without the metal handrails on the bow though and have a bow cover made.

And as for the metal flake thing. I don't think there is anything better looking than a shinny metal flake boat on the water. I also don't think it is as hard to repair as most people think (also I don't hit the dock!). My dad has had two metal flake boats and has had some scratches repaired in the flake on each of them. One was pretty deep and each time they were filled with a little clear and buffed. Couldn't tell there was ever a scratch.

Ric
03-02-2006, 05:06 PM
I did use buildaboat alot in late 04 whilst ordering a boat but it was never accurate for building an '05 197 online

Hope MC has all the BAB kinks ironed out now!!

east tx skier
03-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Yeah viewed from above and still no dice. Yeah it would be open bow if I bought new. I would try to order without the metal handrails on the bow though and have a bow cover made.

And as for the metal flake thing. I don't think there is anything better looking than a shinny metal flake boat on the water. I also don't think it is as hard to repair as most people think (also I don't hit the dock!). My dad has had two metal flake boats and has had some scratches repaired in the flake on each of them. One was pretty deep and each time they were filled with a little clear and buffed. Couldn't tell there was ever a scratch.

Okay, just tried myself. No showing the teak. Also, never gave me the option to get power slot with an RTP. Had a real pretty looking pro-tour red 190 though.

Hey, if you've got a guy who can do it on the mf boats, go for it. It wouldn't stop me from getting one of those 93 S&S that's for sure. But I might just stick with the PT red on a new on (hypothetically).

richardsoncd
03-02-2006, 05:13 PM
This would be my baby....I might even have someone make me some star decals to make it just right

east tx skier
03-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Just wait two years and maybe you can pay MC big bucks to put some nice drip molded stars on there for you. :)

richardsoncd
03-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Just wait two years and maybe you can pay MC big bucks to put some nice drip molded stars on there for you. :)

If I'm paying for it...I'll probably have to wait longer than 2 years, especially seeing as my girlfriend of 4 years left for Europe last summer and that "savings" account got "invested" in my S&S :D I don't think pulling the same move twice on the same girl is too advised.

bobk
03-02-2006, 08:11 PM
My kids (4 and 6 years old) and I both love to build boats online. I let them print them out and they cut them out and play for hours.

PendO
03-02-2006, 08:14 PM
If I'm paying for it...I'll probably have to wait longer than 2 years, especially seeing as my girlfriend of 4 years left for Europe last summer and that "savings" account got "invested" in my S&S :D I don't think pulling the same move twice on the same girl is too advised.

you do realize that you are probably lucky to be breathing ... right?

TMCNo1
03-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Oh, they got a thing like that on here? I thought that is what I been doing for the last 17 years with my '89! :confused: :confused:

BrianM
03-03-2006, 09:15 AM
This would be my second choice but I think I like the three color flake better.

richardsoncd
03-03-2006, 09:34 AM
you do realize that you are probably lucky to be breathing ... right?

Yeah, it was a role of the dice. I say I came out on top.

east tx skier
03-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Here's mine. Still want to put some white border stripes inside the red.

DooSPX
03-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Here's mine. Still want to put some white border stripes inside the red.

please tell me that you photoshoped that pic...
or I just skipped over the S&S theme :(

DooSPX
03-15-2006, 05:56 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b80/DooSPX/untitled.jpg

east tx skier
03-15-2006, 06:14 PM
please tell me that you photoshoped that pic...
or I just skipped over the S&S theme :(

It's photoshopped. Just an extension of my thought of buying a red metalflake prostar, removing the graphics, and having drip molded retrographics made for it to resemble the 93 S&S.

G-man
03-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Looks good Doug. While your dreaming have the shoot a small line of color around the top deck like they use to.

east tx skier
03-15-2006, 06:54 PM
The bended line in photoshop doesn't look so nice. Tried putting two white bands inside the red and couldn't make it work. Oh well.

Ric
03-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Looks good Doug. While your dreaming have the shoot a small line of color around the top deck like they use to.
yes, I had a supra with a line in the deck like that, I always thought that was soooooo coool