PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry BriEOD

erkoehler
03-02-2006, 01:46 AM
But, since you aren't going to meet MrCrowson and I to ski when I come down there I have to remove you from the top three on the board!

I'm ready for some footin!

erkoehler
03-02-2006, 01:48 AM
It's been so long.....

bucky
03-02-2006, 06:43 AM
You're only apologizing so much because it brings you 2 posts closer to MarkP! :uglyhamme

H20skeefreek
03-02-2006, 08:34 AM
why are post counts important to people? I just don't get it. doesn't more posts = more time at the computer :. you are a nerd? Get out and ski!

mrcrowson
03-02-2006, 08:40 AM
Erk

You got to show me how to do that!
Plans are looking great so far. :steering:

T Scott
03-02-2006, 08:50 AM
why are post counts important to people? I just don't get it. doesn't more posts = more time at the computer :. you are a nerd? Get out and ski!

Agreed, however, to me it is about quality , not quantity. SOME of the top posters on the board have made valuble contributions (ie: Doug the Grand Pooba and numerous others, while some have clogged the board with idle chit chat and headbangs)

BriEOD
03-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Whatever Eric. I've been posting on here since 01' and enjoy the people. However, I have a real job and having the highest post count doesn't do anything to increase my income. So if it's your biggest aspiration in life to be the #1 poster--knock yourself out kid.

mrcrowson
03-02-2006, 09:06 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/mrcrowson/funny_monkey_pictures_2.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/mrcrowson/laughter01.gif
Hey Brian :wavey:

BriEOD
03-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Hi Michael. :wavey:

BriEOD
03-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Did you put in the request for good weather next Saturday so we can ski?

erkoehler
03-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Erk

You got to show me how to do that!
Plans are looking great so far. :steering:

Two weeks!!!!

erkoehler
03-02-2006, 09:18 AM

See, we tried to ski the other day, but when we backed down the ramp to get out on the water, the ice supported the trailer, boat, and truck....any other suggestions?

BriEOD
03-02-2006, 09:20 AM
....any other suggestions?
Move out of your mommy and daddy's house and go south.

mrcrowson
03-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Hoping for 3 weekends in a row. :woohoo:
The funny thing is that this weekend I will probably be the only one on the boat that will get in. The others say It's too cold.

So far

BriEOD
03-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Whats Lake Tarpon water temp? I've got a dry suit.

erkoehler
03-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Move out of your mommy and daddy's house and go south.

Why would I do that? I have a whole apartment setup built on the back of their house (similar to an In-Law arrangement) that I have to myself. Might as well stay here and save some $$$$$.

mrcrowson
03-02-2006, 09:28 AM
It's around 65 right now..
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/mrcrowson/DSCN1063.jpg

BriEOD
03-02-2006, 09:28 AM
Erk,

Are you like Matthew McConaghey in that new movie Failure to Launch? Are you going to be 35 and still living at home?

erkoehler
03-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Erk,

Are you like Matthew McConaghey in that new movie Failure to Launch? Are you going to be 35 and still living at home?

35, NO NO NO NO!!!!! Not that old :confused:

BriEOD
03-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Ok, Erk sure. Now we know why you don't have any photos on the swimsuit page. What gal wants to come back to your parents house?

erkoehler
03-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Ok, Erk sure. Now we know why you don't have any photos on the swimsuit page. What gal wants to come back to your parents house?

Do you know alot of 21 year old college students that have there own places? None of my friends have places of their own, all are still at home. It really isn't feasible to work enough to get a nice place around here, and still be able to have the time to study and maintain good grades.

Education is my priority, I'll stay at home until I am finished, and established as an LEO so that I can buy a house. I don't believe it is worth it to have an apartment and throw money away.

BriEOD
03-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Do you know alot of 21 year old college students that have there own places? None of my friends have places of their own, all are still at home. It really isn't feasible to work enough to get a nice place around here, and still be able to have the time to study and maintain good grades.

Education is my priority, I'll stay at home until I am finished, and established as an LEO so that I can buy a house. I don't believe it is worth it to have an apartment and throw money away.
Good point Eric. I didn't realize you were a student. I completely agree with you. I hope it works out for you.

erkoehler
03-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Good point Eric. I didn't realize you were a student. I completely agree with you. I hope it works out for you.

I have alittle over a year and half left for my BS in criminal justice.

mrcrowson
03-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Did you guys see the picture of how cold Lake Tarpon is?

:wavey:

erkoehler
03-02-2006, 10:09 AM
It's around 65 right now..
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/mrcrowson/DSCN1063.jpg

This one....I'm bringing the dry suit!

BriEOD
03-02-2006, 10:11 AM
65 that isn't to bad. I think my personal low is 37 and I was in a wetsuit.

mrcrowson
03-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Yep,
You have to understand I am a Florida Native... that water is freggin COLD to me.. here it was slowly creeping up the suit. After I was in it was nice.

MarkP
03-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Move out of your mommy and daddy's house and go south.LMAO @ That!

east tx skier
03-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Whatever Eric. I've been posting on here since 01' and enjoy the people. However, I have a real job and having the highest post count doesn't do anything to increase my income. So if it's your biggest aspiration in life to be the #1 poster--knock yourself out kid.

Hey, Brian. If you could've just held onto that spot for a couple of more days way back when, you would've gotten your top poster royalty check. You don't think I do this for fun do you? ;)

Eric, if you want the number one spot. Come and take it. I won't fight you for it. They can get rid of the stupid post counter tomorrow for all I care. Or they can keep it. Whatever.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-02-2006, 11:37 AM
This is one of those I just have to say........WHAT?????:confused:

east tx skier
03-02-2006, 11:49 AM
W4T, that's an old Texas Flag.

BriEOD
03-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Threadjack:

Hi Doug,

How is Cameron doing? I've been meaning to call you. I've just been swamped! We had the home inspection on our house in Charleston yesterday so I'm playing Mr. Fix It today. Not that their was anything major. I'm heading back to Tampa on Sunday.

east tx skier
03-02-2006, 12:31 PM
He's doing great. Sitting up, cracking jokes, eating baby food. Really happy little fella. Hope the life vest still fits. In about 10 more pounds, it'll be time for him to upgrade. We have slowly gotten him off eating in the middle of the night. Dad has been elected to monitor his crying out sessions. Since going cold Turkey, he had two long sessions of just over 1/2 hour each. Last night, he woke up and let us know, I walked upstairs, popped the pacifier in his mouth, and he was asleep almost immediately. Hopefully, this is an indicator of things to come.

So did you guys do the inspection before they put a contract on the house, or did you have the inspection, and they amended and wanted some things repaired by you?

Sounds like you have a heck of a yard at your new place. How close to the lake did you end up getting.

By the way,

BriEOD
03-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Oh yes, I remember those nights with our kids. You feel like a zombie in the mornings. It sounds like he is doing well. We got Cody a new vest at the end of last season. He was kind of to big for the infant but to small for the junior. He has gotten bigger now though.

On both houses we agreed on a contract and then had the home inspection. Any findings were discussed and a repair agreement was put together.

The new house is like 1/8 mile from a small private ski lake. However, I do not have rights to it. There is however a MC sitting on a lift. I guess I'll have to go meet my neighbors and beg. At worst I am probably 30+minutes to Lake Tarpon and can hook up with MrCrowson.

Ric
03-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Hey, Brian. If you could've just held onto that spot for a couple of more days way back when, you would've gotten your top poster royalty check. You don't think I do this for fun do you? ;)

Eric, if you want the number one spot. Come and take it. I won't fight you for it. They can get rid of the stupid post counter tomorrow for all I care. Or they can keep it. Whatever.
Eastie offering that flag to you erkle, means that it'll buried, dead and unuseable when you find a way across the river to get it!!!

BriEOD
03-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Eastie offering that flag to you erkle, means that it'll buried, dead and unuseable when you find a way across the river to get it!!!
Are you alluding to the Alamo or something? :confused:

east tx skier
03-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Nope. That's a whole different flag. We have six, ya know. :)

BriEOD
03-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Nope. That's a whole different flag. We have six, ya know. :)
No, I don't know. Sorry, I'm not the most knowledgable guy on the Texas history.

east tx skier
03-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Me neither. Was just about to edit following a google. :D You have heard of Six Flags Over Texas theme park though, right?

Battle of Gonzales.

http://www.tamu.edu/ccbn/dewitt/dewittflgs2.htm

We have that flag in the lobby at my office.

Ric
03-02-2006, 11:20 PM
if memory serves, the basic premise of the gonzales flag was that the mexican army had the cannon setup in the town prior to the Texas revolution.
When the Santa Ana realized the Texans were revolting, the mexican army was sent to retrieve the canon.(they couldn't have the revolutionaries being armed, you know) Texans got word of the movement and burned the bridge and buried the cannon (apparantly it was no longer working but the mexicans didnt know this so the strategy was that Santa Ana wasted men and time coming to get it)
The Texans got together and made the flag "Come and Take it".
I probably butchered the story but that's the basics.

BriEOD
03-03-2006, 08:20 AM
if memory serves, the basic premise of the gonzales flag was that the mexican army had the cannon setup in the town prior to the Texas revolution.
When the Santa Ana realized the Texans were revolting, the mexican army was sent to retrieve the canon.(they couldn't have the revolutionaries being armed, you know) Texans got word of the movement and burned the bridge and buried the cannon (apparantly it was no longer working but the mexicans didnt know this so the strategy was that Santa Ana wasted men and time coming to get it)
The Texans got together and made the flag "Come and Take it".
I probably butchered the story but that's the basics.
I'm tracking. Thanks for the clarification Ric.

Ric
03-03-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm tracking. Thanks for the clarification Ric.
well it admittedly wasn't much of a clarification, but at least you now know where I was going with the analogy :o

east tx skier
03-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Ric, thanks for the explanation. I'll be honest that I remembered little, if any, of the background when I posted it. Sort of like Jules and Ezekial 25:17. Just thought it was some cold-blooded $hit to say to a m(*$& f$&*( before I popped a cap in his a$$. ;)

/sorry, watched Pulp Fiction last night for the first time in years. Always thought it was funny that he had been giving this long speech over and over for years without ever thinking about what it was he was saying.

Ric
03-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Great flick . am I getting carried away with the TEXAS (http://www.sanjacinto-museum.org/The_Battle/Before_the_Battle/Gonzales/) history?

ski_king
03-04-2006, 08:53 AM
Holy crap!!

Last I looked BriEOD's post count was slightly ahead of Erkoehler's.

Now Eric is 70 posts ahead, he must have typed his fingers off last night.

T Scott
03-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Holy crap!!

Last I looked BriEOD's post count was slightly ahead of Erkoehler's.

Now Eric is 70 posts ahead, he must have typed his fingers off last night.

Again....quality over quantity.....

NORTHERN LIGHTS
03-04-2006, 09:25 AM
post-post-post

NORTHERN LIGHTS
03-04-2006, 09:26 AM
post more post more psot

NORTHERN LIGHTS
03-04-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm coming 4 the record!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps the ice broke up today.

65 and the water is cold? holy sh*t!! That's about my summer high 4 water temp!

BriEOD
03-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Sorry about that Denny. The wife and I took our kids and the neighborhood kids to the House of Bounce and for pizza and ice cream last night. I guess I should have been on here posting. :rolleyes:

east tx skier
03-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Brian, you win. :)

Leroy
03-04-2006, 09:54 AM
I'm just guessing you did the right thing!

Posting from Cincinnati soccer college showcase for oldest son. Was very cold game last night for the parents!

Sorry about that Denny. The wife and I took our kids and the neighborhood kids to the House of Bounce and for pizza and ice cream last night. I guess I should have been on here posting. :rolleyes:

BriEOD
03-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I'm not worried about it. I get on here when I can.

erkoehler
03-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Again....quality over quantity.....

Guess you weren't on last night, because the quality was AMAZING :banana:

BriEOD
03-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Guess you weren't on last night, because the quality was AMAZING :banana:
So what is your excuse for your other 6,394 posts.

"Hey guys I just hit 600." :uglyhamme

erkoehler
03-04-2006, 12:49 PM
So what is your excuse for your other 6,394 posts.

"Hey guys I just hit 600." :uglyhamme

You have to give me atleast 3k for trying to buy a boat!

Workin' 4 Toys
03-07-2006, 01:32 PM
W4T, that's an old Texas Flag.
I was talking about the thread.....:confused:

I was gone for 4 days and I am going through the threads and there is more B.S. about post counts that anything else. Oh well... Kids will be kids.

east tx skier
03-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Ah, I see. Don't know. Talk to the thread starter.

Ric
03-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Toys, I bolstered my post count with some Texas history. Did you see that?

Workin' 4 Toys
03-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Toys, I bolstered my post count with some Texas history. Did you see that?
No I did not. I have been sleddin since thursday. Got a link?

BriEOD
03-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Lets change the name of this thread to I'm sorry Ric or something. I'm starting to get a little "wiggage" seeing my name on the top 10.

André
03-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Lets change the name of this thread to I'm sorry Ric or something. I'm starting to get a little "wiggage" seeing my name on the top 10.
If we stop posting in it,then this thread will dissapear! :D
I'm sorry BriEOD. 8p
How's life?
Did the home inspection went trough?

BriEOD
03-07-2006, 09:46 PM
If we stop posting in it,then this thread will dissapear! :D
I'm sorry BriEOD. 8p
How's life?
Did the home inspection went trough?
Don't make me come up to Canada and open a can on you!! :D

Ahh, life is life. The home inspection on both ends went fine. Those guys always find something. I fixed a few things and the seller of the house I purchasing I'm sure is doing the same. I went and ordered some berber carpet tonight for the 3 back bedrooms. The rest of the house and master has 16" ceramic tile.

How is life for Mr. Andre?