PDA

View Full Version : Look out Milk OK is burning up or it's the end of time!

Leroy
03-01-2006, 10:26 PM
No it's not the end of the world, but that picture sure looks like it.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/01/oklahoma.fires/index.html

bcampbe7
03-01-2006, 11:12 PM
You OK in OK Milk?!?

Looks like the fires are to the West of you a bit.

erkoehler
03-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Dat's not good :eek:

bucky
03-01-2006, 11:19 PM
Y'all shouldn' worry about Oklahoma. Arson is kinda the unofficial state sport lately. If you get drunk, spotlight a deer, and then set the woods on fire, it's called the triathalon.

MarkP
03-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Y'all shouldn' worry about Oklahoma. Arson is kinda the unofficial state sport lately. If you get drunk, spotlight a deer, and then set the woods on fire, it's called a triathalon.
Ah,

Sounds like you got something you want to get off your chest??

twieder
03-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Y'all shouldn' worry about Oklahoma. Arson is kinda the unofficial state sport lately. If you get drunk, spotlight a deer, and then set the woods on fire, it's called a triathalon.

LoL thats so funny! :purplaugh Maybe they should sell tickets, ya know tourism dollars! :popcorn:

bucky
03-02-2006, 12:22 AM
Sorry, on a small town volunteer fire dept. I sometimes get to see people at their stupidest.
Ah,

Sounds like you got something you want to get off your chest??

Bobby
03-02-2006, 12:56 AM
thanks for the concern over here. :mad:

btw- there's a chance of rain for the next 4 days so let's hope that happens so that a) the lakes will fill up and I won't hit a sand bar next weekend when I go skiing while some of you are still freezing and b) so the fires will stop and the burn ban will be lifted :firejump:

erkoehler
03-02-2006, 12:58 AM
thanks for the concern over here. :mad:

btw- there's a chance of rain for the next 4 days so let's hope that happens so that a) the lakes will fill up and I won't hit a sand bar next weekend when I go skiing while some of you are still freezing and b) so the fires will stop and the burn ban will be lifted :firejump:

Low blow on the freezing comment!

milkmania
03-02-2006, 01:45 AM
here on the Arkansas/Oklahoma border there are probably 13 counties under burn ban, and have been for quite a while....
That being said, we're usually under a burn ban during the 4th. of July, but not this year.

weird, our drought came late in the season... we had green grass into November

the thing is, around here if we have a fire, it'll burn toward the east......

and to the east is....

Arkansas!!!http://forums.consumptionjunction.com/images/smilies/SpiningDemon.gif