PDA

View Full Version : WC get-together ideas...

X2M
03-01-2006, 06:35 PM
We have talked about getting a non-official " TT West Coast Reunion" going for this summer again.
The time has come to start planning.

What I would like to hear from you....

-Are you interested in attending.

-When would be a good date for you.

-Where would you like to see it take place.

-Day trip only or make a weekend out of it.

:) ;) 8p :D

*edit* This is not limited to only the people in NorCal.
If you live in SoCal or out of California too and want to attend let us know.

kalanic
03-01-2006, 06:38 PM
I am intrested. Berryessa would be nice, maybe Shasta too I will be there AUG. 6th to the 13th. :steering:

X2M
03-01-2006, 06:46 PM
I am intrested. Berryessa would be nice, maybe Shasta too I will be there AUG. 6th to the 13th. :steering:
I have thought of having it at Berryessa. Lots of camping and it is centrally located to alot of people.
I need to look into reserving or maybe renting the Monticello ski club course and cove. That would be great if we could swing it. Would you be willing to pay for that??

SKI*MC
03-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Wisconsin... by any chance?

kalanic
03-01-2006, 06:55 PM
It is worth looking into anyway. Very intrested!

rodltg2
03-01-2006, 07:41 PM
I have thought of having it at Berryessa. Lots of camping and it is centrally located to alot of people.
I need to look into reserving or maybe renting the Monticello ski club course and cove. That would be great if we could swing it. Would you be willing to pay for that??

i would , course , hell ya

M-Funf
03-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Yes, I would be interested...

I don't currently ski a course, but would be interested if it's not too expensive as I probably wouldn't use it much.

Berryessa sounds good to me :D

As for dates available...I don't really know right now. A weekend would be nice, and as long as I know a bit in advance (maybe a month or two), I can just book it. If that doesn't work out, I would absolutely come up for the day!!!!

maristarman
03-01-2006, 07:51 PM

ROAD TRIP!

Come on out. All are welcome.

1: Start out going NORTH on WI-144 / KETTLE MORAINE DR S toward HILL ST. 0.9 miles
2: Merge onto US-41 S via the ramp on the LEFT toward MILWAUKEE. 19.3 miles
3: US-41 S becomes US-45 S. 13.4 miles
4: Take I-43 S toward BELOIT. 59.6 miles
5: Merge onto WI-81 W / MILWAUKEE RD. 0.1 miles
6: Merge onto I-39 S via EXIT 1A toward CHICAGO (Portions toll). 45.3 miles
7: Merge onto I-88 W via EXIT 97B toward MOLINE / ROCK ISLAND (Portions toll). 77.8 miles
8: Merge onto I-80 W via EXIT 1B toward DES MOINES. 1243.7 miles
9: Merge onto I-80 W via EXIT 311 toward RENO / S.L. INT'L AIRPORT. 663.7 miles
10: Merge onto CA-113 N toward WOODLAND. 2.8 miles
11: Take the COVELL BLVD exit toward ROAD 31. 0.2 miles
12: Turn LEFT onto W COVELL BLVD. 1.9 miles
13: W COVELL BLVD becomes CR-E6. 9.1 miles
14: CR-E6 becomes CA-128. 20.8 miles
15: Turn RIGHT onto CAPELL VALLEY RD / CA-128. 4.8 miles
16: Turn RIGHT onto BERRYESSA KNOXVILLE RD. 7.6 miles
warning There are 1.38 miles between your ending location and the end of your driving directions. Use maps to get from your ending location to the end of your route.
17: End at Lake Berryessa Recreation Area, CA

Total Est. Time: 31 hours, 29 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 2171.60 miles

HyperKidX2
03-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Im interested, just let me know when and where and i'll be there!

X2M
03-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Yes, I would be interested...

I don't currently ski a course, but would be interested if it's not too expensive as I probably wouldn't use it much.

Berryessa sounds good to me :D

As for dates available...I don't really know right now. A weekend would be nice, and as long as I know a bit in advance (maybe a month or two), I can just book it. If that doesn't work out, I would absolutely come up for the day!!!!

I don't ski a course either...and probably never will. :o

The benefit of reserving (if possible) skiers cove is because it is a private cove that is bouyed off with it's own dock in the center to tie off on. I think it has a potty too.

I think that would serve as a great meeting/visiting place.
Just my .02 :)

Matt L.
03-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Lake Havasu, AZ/CA early season, so it isn't too crowded.

Good sized lake, I'm not sure what the water temps would be like, but Havasu gets some really warm daytime air temps.

Nice location for multiple large metro areas. LA, San Diego, Phoenix, Tucson and Las Vegas are all in easy driving range. Ample accomidations, hotel and camping.

Besides, I'm looking for an excuse to pack up and go out there.

My $0.02,

Matt

X2M
03-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Lake Havasu, AZ/CA early season, so it isn't too crowded.

Good sized lake, I'm not sure what the water temps would be like, but Havasu gets some really warm daytime air temps.

Nice location for multiple large metro areas. LA, San Diego, Phoenix, Tucson and Las Vegas are all in easy driving range. Ample accomidations, hotel and camping.

Besides, I'm looking for an excuse to pack up and go out there.

My $0.02,

Matt

I have never been there. Got any info on places to stay in the area?

Early season...how early is that? Spring?

:)

maristarman
03-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Maybe we need an unofficial NorthWest reunion and an unofficial SouthWest reunion.

X2M
03-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Maybe we need an unofficial NorthWest reunion and an unofficial SouthWest reunion.

wow...i agree. didn't realize it was that much of a hike.

where do you think we should have it maristarman??

shasta? berryessa? delta? oroville? new malones?

kalanic
03-02-2006, 11:40 AM
What about Clear Lake. Konocti Harbor is a pretty cool place. May even be able to catch a good concert. I went there for the first time for Boardstock 05. Was impressed. They have a full service resort & a huge property with lots of Births for parking.

X2M
03-02-2006, 11:43 AM
My vote is no for Clear Lake...sorry
I'm sure that Boardstock was a blast...but normally...?
I have been there with my boat and stayed on the lake too. Accomodations are pretty funky and that water is nasty...definitely not clear.
:twocents:

kalanic
03-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Yeah I agree water is pretty gross! Good Advise!

M-Funf
03-02-2006, 11:54 AM
The benefit of reserving (if possible) skiers cove is because it is a private cove that is bouyed off with it's own dock in the center to tie off on. I think it has a potty too.

Sounds nice :)

I second the nix on Clear Lake. Yeah, Konacti is pretty swanky, but the water at clear lake is sucky...

Havasu is a bit of a haul for me...especially for just a weekend.

RackAtak
03-02-2006, 11:57 AM
My vote stays the same as last year...Lake Don Pedro or New Melones for a centrally located Calif get together.

WakeSeeky
03-02-2006, 12:00 PM
We may be interested, depending on where and when. Northern California is a loooong drive from here, no way we could do a day trip. Obviously you NorCal folks have the same problem with anything down south. No wonder MC has such a hard time setting up a west coast reunion!

Anyhow, I'll keep an eye on the thread and if you pick something up north we'll see if we can schedule some vacation. If anyone wants to come to Mead, Mojave or Powell, we'll be there for sure. Well, we'll be at Mead anyway, so give a holler if you make it here. :wavey:

rick s.
03-02-2006, 12:17 PM
I would be up for Berryessa or New Melones, Don Pedro is big and gets lots of traffic. Either place would be great and I would do my best to come to the reunion. Right now, late July / Early August works.

M-Funf
03-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Have any of you stayed at Lake McClure? I was there for a weekend with some friends. We stayed at Horseshoe Bend campground. Our campsite was C-Loop #18. It's a bit hard to see in the picture, but it's right on the water. There were other sites on the water as well...

http://www.lakemcclure.com/_images/horseshoe_bend.jpg

Ryan
03-02-2006, 12:50 PM

I used to think we could do a whole western shindig, but we should split it up. We'll have far more attendees with two so the less inclined won't have to drive as far. Maybe we can get some dealers involved.

I'm thinking Isabella, Big Bear, Havasu or Meade would work. Or, does anyone have a house on the river?

rodltg2
03-02-2006, 01:14 PM
stonyford lake is pretty nice and not too crowded. i could set my portable course and i think the camping is free..

X2M
03-02-2006, 01:32 PM
stonyford lake is pretty nice and not too crowded. i could set my portable course and i think the camping is free..
Where is Stonyford Lake?? I don't think I have ever heard of it.

rodltg2
03-02-2006, 01:36 PM
its off i-5 past willows, its really small

#47of100TeamMC
03-02-2006, 01:36 PM

Hey I bet if you called Dr. Michaels he'd love to get together... Heck, you'll probably be skiing 41off by the end of the day... that is if it's at his lake.

(if you get a hold of him give me a ring, I'd love to join you too)

kalanic
03-02-2006, 02:33 PM
its off i-5 past willows, its really small
East Park Resivior? The last time I was there it was crazy. Pure anarchy! No launch, all dirt, small water area, huge party. All good if you really wanna jus party. Don't remember a whole lot of trees either. I ride dirt bikes up the road at Stoney. Still snowin up there.

rodltg2
03-02-2006, 03:38 PM
i havent been there in there in years , i guess it depends on whose there. the times i have gone its been mellow..

sand2snow22
03-02-2006, 05:46 PM
It's a hike for me, but maybe worth it depending on the date. Cousins live in the bay area. I just hate to think of the gas bill towing the boat that far. :o

1: Start out going EAST on NW COUCH ST toward NW 4TH AVE. 0.2 miles Map

2: Turn RIGHT onto NW NAITO PKWY. 0.9 miles Map

3: Turn LEFT onto SW HARBOR DR. 0.3 miles Map

4: Merge onto I-5 S toward SALEM / TIGARD. 544.5 miles Map

5: Take I-505 S toward WINTERS / SAN FRANCISCO. 22.0 miles Map

6: Take the CA-128 W / CR-E6 exit- EXIT 11- toward WINTERS / DAVIS. 0.3 miles Map

7: Merge onto CA-128 toward WINTERS. 20.8 miles Map

8: Turn RIGHT onto CAPELL VALLEY RD / CA-128. 4.8 miles Map

9: Turn RIGHT onto BERRYESSA KNOXVILLE RD. 8.1 miles Map

10: End at Lake Berryessa Marina Resort
5800 Knoxville Rd, Napa, CA 94558, US Map

Total Est. Time: 9 hours, 41 minutes Total Est. Distance: 602.42 miles

M-Funf
03-02-2006, 05:58 PM
East Park Resivior? The last time I was there it was crazy. Pure anarchy! No launch, all dirt, small water area, huge party. All good if you really wanna jus party. Don't remember a whole lot of trees either. I ride dirt bikes up the road at Stoney. Still snowin up there.

Here it is...Right in the middle next to Stoneyford. Google Earth confirmed that it's "East Park Res."

East Park Reservoir (http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com/?e=9&GetMapDirect=Gme5diw%2ca%3a9u12%3b%40%24xh%2db50a7 2%26%3d2l1%2d8n1r72%26f%4025abxl%40z%26ha7sd4%24xq yz00%402n56%2an%26u72u%2c%24xuzr%3a%26%40%24%3alf% 40l0yr2u%40%5fn10%40nh6b2u%40%24%3a9w72%210%2a%3ag z7n%26%40)

Quote on lake:

The East Park Dam and reservoir, of the Orland Project, is situated in the rolling foothills of the Mendocino National Forest on Little Stony Creek. The reservoir lies along a migratory corridor between California's Central Valley and the Coastal Range. Birders may see substantial movements of warblers and other neotropical migrants in late April/early May and in September.With a 25-mile shoreline, East Park Reservoir has a thriving population of warm-water fish, including largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, catfish, crappie, and bluegill. Good fishing year-round. Ideal bass fishing in the autumn months. Good boat launching areas with excellent shore accessibility. No boat ramps. The west end of the lake is open year-round. Camping facilities on the southeast side are closed for the winter.

rodltg2
03-02-2006, 06:00 PM
i must have goofed on the name, the lake im talking about is the one near elk creek/

HyperKidX2
03-02-2006, 07:06 PM
What about Don Pedro lake? Stayed at Moccasin Point. Nice placee for skiing and wakeboarding. You can always find smooth water even on a weekend.

M-Funf
03-02-2006, 07:20 PM
What about Don Pedro lake? Stayed at Moccasin Point.

I've stayed there, too. There aren't any campsites on the lake, and you can't see your boat in the water from your campsite (very, very few anyway). It was a pretty nice place other than that...

flipper
03-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Lets do this! Im there, where ever it is.

rodltg2
03-02-2006, 07:48 PM
someone need to be appointed to head this thing up and just plan it!

Rich X-2 Owner
03-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Oroville was mentioned...Its a big lake...With houseboat rentals and camp sites. Oroville gets my vote

flipper
03-02-2006, 08:02 PM
I've stayed there, too. There aren't any campsites on the lake, and you can't see your boat in the water from your campsite (very, very few anyway). It was a pretty nice place other than that...
I usually say on the other side of the lake. Like it better over there. That would probably be my first choice though.

X2M
03-02-2006, 08:10 PM
someone need to be appointed to head this thing up and just plan it!

If it is ok with everyone I will do the leg work and get this thing planned....unless someone else wants the job. :confused:

X2M
03-02-2006, 08:18 PM
What about Don Pedro lake? Stayed at Moccasin Point. Nice placee for skiing and wakeboarding. You can always find smooth water even on a weekend.

We had it last year at Don Pedro/Moccasin Point. The water was pretty crappy and there were tons of people...boats everywhere.

I would like to have it somewhere else this year.

Several lakes have been mentioned so far... all seem to have their own pros and cons.

Time for a lake poll?

RackAtak
03-02-2006, 08:39 PM
If it is ok with everyone I will do the leg work and get this thing planned....unless someone else wants the job. :confused:
Sounds good to me. Have at it! Hopefully there will be a good turnout.

sprink
03-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Berryessa gets my vote.

quincyfirefighter
03-02-2006, 11:27 PM
You have my vote ;) I think Berryessa or Shasta or Oroville would get my vote. Just need some lead time to plan for time off for work :D

maristarman
03-02-2006, 11:37 PM

You've got my vote.

:wavey:

bucky
03-03-2006, 03:01 AM
Well, chairman X2Momma, I was wondering if there will be an award or recognition for the person trailering the farthest? I'm 1937 miles from Lake Oroville (or wherever else), but I'm a sucker for a prize.:D

X2M
03-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Yes Bucky...there will be an award for the person that trailers the farthest.

What should it be do you think??

Hmmm...maybe beer??

:D

RexDog1
03-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Well Ms Chairman or should I say Ms Chairwomen (X2momma) 8p
Well living in southern California I am in!!!! and so is two other MC
Owners in So. Calf.
We would like it 2 days if we need to drive 300 to 600
Miles oh well, road trip!!!!!!!!! :toast:
We have been planning a trip to nor. Cal this summer
For a week so this should be cool, Shasta would be nice :twocents:
But what ever works out is cool with us if u need some help
PM me :friday:

M-Funf
03-03-2006, 11:33 AM

Excellent! Thanks for steppin' up to the plate!

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

A lake poll with "multiple" choices might be good (that way people could choose a "first" choice and "second" choice)...

:toast:

Brn85ss
03-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Thought I would put my 2 cents in on lodging for the people that don't want to camp,since I live very close to the foothill lakes.New Melones has multiple motels within 5 minutes of the lake,plus grocery shopping.Don pedro has lodging about 1/2 hour to 40 minutes from the lake plus grocery shopping.Mclure is aprox. 30-40 min. to lodging and stores.

As far as camping I like Mclure the best Don Pedro second and Melones last. I have camped many times at Mclure and Don Pedro never at Melones.As far water quality you can find water at all three lakes.Depends on how crowded the lakes are.

Mclure and Pedro have seperate swim lagoons for the kids!

rodltg2
03-03-2006, 04:28 PM
if you go to to oroville in late july , you run the risk of running into the malibu reunion. :D

Matt L.
03-09-2006, 01:29 AM
There might be some hurt feelings. Us out numbering them, and all having nicer boats and all.

Sodar
03-09-2006, 09:06 AM
How about we do a California Get-together at Lake Naci? They have a slalom course, accomodations for camping, condos and RV's... plus it is pretty centrally located for everyone in Cali!

jmyers
03-09-2006, 12:25 PM
How about we do a California Get-together at Lake Naci? They have a slalom course, accomodations for camping, condos and RV's... plus it is pretty centrally located for everyone in Cali!
We just have to make up our Damn minds! If we want a West Coast event it needs to be in the middle to be fair to everyone! We could also have a couple of get togethers for Cali that is easy! We just need firm support from all the MC owners or if I was MC I wouldn't try again for the West Coast either, you see the guy's in the other regions traveling all over to go even to MAG MANIA flying in! I don't want this to fall apart on our part. :mad: :rolleyes: :D

mhobbs01
03-09-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm up for a shindig, I'm in Fresno, so the central valley lakes sound great. 3 hours from the bay area or LA.
Nacimiento is pretty central, but it's kind of a scene.

jdjob
03-10-2006, 07:42 PM
We have talked about getting a non-official " TT West Coast Reunion" going for this summer again.
The time has come to start planning.

What I would like to hear from you....

-Are you interested in attending.

-When would be a good date for you.

-Where would you like to see it take place.

-Day trip only or make a weekend out of it.

:) ;) 8p :D

*edit* This is not limited to only the people in NorCal.
If you live in SoCal or out of California too and want to attend let us know.
Hi there! I emailed a bit with you toward the end of last summer (Jessica in Davis). My husband Eric and I would love to join you in a gathering of MC's this summer! We would love to meet up at Berryessa (that is our home-lake). I am not very good at checking this discussion board much. Do you guys email using your regular email addresses? If so, mine is CoppolJ@scc.losrios.edu. Hope to hear from you! Sincerely, Jessica