PDA

View Full Version : Houseboating on Raystown lake, PA

Jerseydave
02-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Well, I've reserved a 58' houseboat for 8 die-hard wakeboarders for August 25-28th. This will be my 4th time renting there. This boat is maxed-out with luxury, including a hot tub! We're taking 2 towboats with us. This will be a banner trip for sure!

Anyone else tried a rental at this lake? It's the closest place to rent houseboats in the NJ, NY, PA area. Great fun!

Here's the site: www.7pointsmarina.com

Anyone else on here renting one that same weekend?

jimmer2880
02-28-2006, 07:00 AM
NJ - pls let me know how it goes. I like to get a way every couple of years. Raystown is only a couple hours away from me, but I haven't been there in ~20 years. Perhaps in a couple years I'll be able to convince the wife to leave the kids with the grandparents for a week while we do a houseboat trip :)

SteveO
02-28-2006, 09:10 AM
Looks like a great time to be had. With 8 folks, that is a pretty cheap trip. Your biggest expense will be booze and gas.

Jerseydave
03-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Jimmer,

It will be a blast! I wish I lived 2 hours from there, I would set-up camp and be there every weekend!

Steve-O,

Yes, only $190 per person. You can't beat that! :uglyhamme

jimmer2880
03-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Jimmer,

It will be a blast! I wish I lived 2 hours from there, I would set-up camp and be there every weekend!

Steve-O,

Yes, only $190 per person. You can't beat that! :uglyhamme

My wife & I have talked many times about selling our 12x55 we use at the river club, & buy a camper instead. But - since we all-but live there from Memorial day till Labor day, we would be spending some big $$$'s for the difference. I say that I want an older motor-home though, just to pull the MC. Ohh well... maybe in 10 years.

BUSSTUFJ
03-06-2006, 09:24 AM
I have houseboated at Raystown a couple of times per year since 1999. It is a great spot, although not easy to get to. The weekends between June 1st and September 1st will get busy if the weather is nice, so you will want to ski early and late. The weekdays are less crowded and you will see few boats almost entirely fishermen.

The houseboats at Seven Points are better organized than the Resort.

dog paw
03-06-2006, 10:50 AM
Awesome lake! We would load up, put in @ James creek and stay at Nancy's boat to shore campground (no road acess) Nice and cheap :D Shame the coves are all no wake. Waters a bit cool for my taste but the cold water wife loves it.