PDA

View Full Version : Just my luck!

Sodar
02-24-2006, 11:16 PM
While sanding my trailer on Tuesday, I got a little peice of metal in my eye. I though I got it out by flushing my eye, but apparently I did not. Today, I had to go to the ER and then to the eye doctor because the peice of metal was imbedded in my eye and it has caused an infection! Needless to say, I am now laying in bed, with a captain hook patch over my eye, while all my buddies are out enjoying their Friday night. There are only two saving graces at this point... Vicodin and Team Talk!! Just my luck....

LakePirate
02-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Sorry to hear that

So why are you not out chasing ladies with the patch?

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Leroy
02-24-2006, 11:20 PM
Hope you get well soon.

I've found those safety glasses are useful, only took me to about age 40 to figure it out.....

Well, any pictures captain one eyeeeee?

Sodar
02-24-2006, 11:21 PM
Sorry to hear that

So why are you not out chasing ladies with the patch?

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I like your thinking LakePirate!! ARG Matey!!

LakePirate
02-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Hope you get well soon.

I've found those safety glasses are useful, only took me to about age 40 to figure it out.....

Don't know about you but I don't want to see cap't one eye:eek:

LakePirate
02-24-2006, 11:23 PM
I like your thinking LakePirate!! ARG Matey!!

So let me get this right....all you can say is Arg?

Arg..

Sodar
02-24-2006, 11:24 PM
Hope you get well soon.

Well, this is the reason I am so pissed off, about two years ago I was taking down the Christmas lights and I got something lodged in my eye, so ever since I have been anal about wearing sunglasses or safety glasses when ever I am doing dirty projects. I was wearing safety glasses on this occasion too, but somehow I still got a peice in my eye. Oh well!

LakePirate
02-24-2006, 11:25 PM
That sucks that it happened and you had saftey glasses on.

88 PS190
02-24-2006, 11:26 PM
That does suck pretty hardcore. Worst i've gotten was a piece of fingernail shot in while i was trimming. Scratched me up pretty bad before i dug it out

Sodar
02-24-2006, 11:26 PM
That sucks that it happened and you had saftey glasses on.
I know, no benefit of wearing those goofy things!! I guess I gotta invest in a pair of goggles now!!

Sodar
02-24-2006, 11:27 PM
That does suck pretty hardcore. Worst i've gotten was a piece of fingernail shot in while i was trimming. Scratched me up pretty bad before i dug it out
That is a good story right there! The odds of that have got to be 1 in 1 million!!

LakePirate
02-24-2006, 11:29 PM
I have one of those face shield things, my weed eater throws debris all over the place and I got tired of getting hit in the face and picked one up. I put it on when using the grinder, just for safety purposes.

Leroy
02-24-2006, 11:29 PM
That's not right. Maybe you can sue the safety glass company, seems like they did not work. Call the PalmBeach people that sued skido!

Leroy
02-24-2006, 11:31 PM
You bet it is $$1M

1 million!!

Sodar
02-24-2006, 11:31 PM
I am gunna get one of those! This has gotta be the biggest pain in the A$$ ever! I wish this upon NO one! HA HA!!

Sodar
02-24-2006, 11:35 PM
That's not right. Maybe you can sue the safety glass company, seems like they did not work. Call the PalmBeach people that sued skido!
Yeah, then I can joing my neighbors, the "social leeches." They have sued everyone in the would, have a beautful house, plus an even more beautiful house in Laughlin, NV, they have 2 boats, bunch of jet skis, etc, etc. The husband is a janitor and the wife is a grocery store clerk!! I guess that I need to start suing so I can catch up to them!!

east tx skier
02-24-2006, 11:54 PM
While sanding my trailer on Tuesday, I got a little peice of metal in my eye. I though I got it out by flushing my eye, but apparently I did not. Today, I had to go to the ER and then to the eye doctor because the peice of metal was imbedded in my eye and it has caused an infection! Needless to say, I am now laying in bed, with a captain hook patch over my eye, while all my buddies are out enjoying their Friday night. There are only two saving graces at this point... Vicodin and Team Talk!! Just my luck....

That's a bummer, man! I had a piece of metal fly into my eye off the distributor cap. It hurt, but I found it in the carpet fortunately. Feel better. The vicodin should do nicely for that.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-25-2006, 12:08 AM
Did someone say safety glasses, here's mine...;) Ever since I got a rock in my eye, I have some oakleys on.

Sodar
02-25-2006, 12:14 AM
WFT, I had my Oakley's on! I am Oakley's biggest fan. I used to be sponsored by them, their products are the absolute best, plus they are located in my area, so if any pieces break, they replace the for free! Last year, I left my glasses on the swimstep of my boat while it was on the trailer, well my brilliant @$$ drove off with them. I found a few pieces of the remains the next day, took them to oakley and they gave me a new pair! THEY ARE AWESOME!

Workin' 4 Toys
02-25-2006, 12:28 AM
I've only got about 8 pair presently if you call the ones pictured a "pair", I still have the "thermonuclear protection" stickers from my original set in the late 80's I recall putting one of those stickers on my 78 Trans Am windshield. Now we're talkin' cool:cool:. :rolleyes:

Sodar
02-25-2006, 12:31 AM
I've only got about 8 pair presently if you call the ones pictured a "pair", I still have the "thermonuclear protection" stickers from my original set in the late 80's I recall putting one of those stickers on my 78 Trans Am windshield. Now we're talkin' cool:cool:. :rolleyes:
That is awesome! I still have my first pair. I begged my parents for them for years! They are pretty fugly now though!

Workin' 4 Toys
02-25-2006, 12:40 AM
That is awesome! I still have my first pair. I begged my parents for them for years! They are pretty fugly now though!Bring back memories??, I could not find the frames or the original orange that went with them, they are here somewhere, these lenses had been used once because I never wanted to scratch them. And yes that is a GREY, MADE IN USA oakley lens cleaning bag...:D
Purple lens

bucky
02-25-2006, 07:47 AM
Get well soon and be careful. It would sure suck trying to ski the course with no depth perception.:(

6ballsisall
02-25-2006, 07:58 AM
Well, this is the reason I am so pissed off, about two years ago I was taking down the Christmas lights and I got something lodged in my eye, so ever since I have been anal about wearing sunglasses or safety glasses when ever I am doing dirty projects. I was wearing safety glasses on this occasion too, but somehow I still got a peice in my eye. Oh well!

That sucks Sodar! Maybe you should call the attorney that screwed Bombardier out of a lot of cash. He could get you a fortune, after all it seems to be the American way now :rolleyes:

disclaimer: in no way was that a personal attack against you Sodar. still rubbed wrong by the Bombardier law suit

X-45
02-25-2006, 08:49 AM
Be a trend starter, Go for the full face mask. You can probable get it in your favorite team color.

:headbang:

TMCNo1
02-25-2006, 10:12 AM
If he hasn't learned his lesson, then in the future he can ski the Handicapped Nationals as a blind skier!

Ryan
02-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Bad luck Cameron. That sucks. I hope your infection clears up. I've got to imagine it would be a challenge to ski and everything else in the worste case senario. Are they going to have to do any surgery to repair damage?

I feel for ya! I went through a similar deal while cutting a tab off of a stuck disposal with a Dremmel (no safety glasses). Afterwards I saw spots everywhere. Sure I had metal in my eye, the doctors said I had gotten it all out. After a second opinion, I finally believe them that I have the eyes of an 80 yr old with vitreous detachment.

You should call into Ralph Garmin on KROQ about your new found pirate persona.

Sodar
02-25-2006, 01:04 PM
I went back to the doctor this morning and everything is starting to clear up, I just have a pit left from were the metal was embedded. The doctor said it should clear up in about a week. I was also able to get rid of the pirate patch, so now everyone can just look at my blood-shot eye! Thanks for all the well wishes guys!

Sodar
02-25-2006, 01:09 PM
WFT, here is my first pair! Pretty stylish I must say!

rodltg2
02-25-2006, 01:47 PM
nice eighties glasses!

Ryan
02-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Did it get you in the lens of your eye, or off to the side?

Sodar
02-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Did it get you in the lens of your eye, or off to the side?
Just about dead center in my eye... it was embedded so deep that the pupils were not dialating when I would go into the sun! OOPS!

ilikeitglacy
02-25-2006, 07:43 PM
glad to see your eye's ok. my dad lost an eye playing hockey. he never saw life the same way after!!! 8p

erkoehler
02-25-2006, 07:47 PM
glad to see your eye's ok. my dad lost an eye playing hockey. he never saw life the same way after!!! 8p

I guess it is a joking matter now!

ilikeitglacy
02-25-2006, 08:07 PM
I guess it is a joking matter now!
Now yeah, but it was not funny at the time. i'm sure Sodarski think the same...

Workin' 4 Toys
02-25-2006, 09:09 PM
WFT, here is my first pair! Pretty stylish I must say!Nice..... The lens I posted are the ones that fit those frames. Someday they might still be worth alot less than they are now....:rolleyes: