PDA

View Full Version : Wakeskating-Wakesurfing.......

rabooze
02-23-2006, 05:33 PM
I need an explanation on how you start doing either of these. Do you hang on to the rope then let go? What is the story.

Signed,

Confused in Kansas

east tx skier
02-23-2006, 05:35 PM
On the surfing end, you initially get up with a rope. I figure it's the same with wake skating. I thought you kept haning on with wakeskates.

/got nuthin'.

88 PS190
02-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Wake skating is similar to getting up on a wakeboard, with a few minor differences, mainly you have to keep the board under your feet, with it not attached. Best way is to simply bend your knees and hold the board down, boat goes, you rise on top of it. You loose the handle you sink, just like on a wakeboard.

For surfing its possible to paddle into the wake, but most people use a drag rope and then throw it into the back of the boat once they're up.

rodltg2
02-23-2006, 06:02 PM
i saw a video recently where the wakeskaters where catching more air than most people do on a wakeboard... very impressive.

Leroy
02-23-2006, 06:29 PM
This will get you started and unconfused

http://www.wakeskating.com/

http://www.howtowakesurf.com/

twieder
02-27-2006, 01:34 AM
We start on our backs in the water knees slightly bent with heals on the board. Hold the rope tight just like you would skiin or boardin. The big thing is for the driver of the boat not to accelerate to fast. It's not like pullin up a ski!
Once the boat gets moving ,the board will roll up and when it makes contact with the bottom of your feet,stand up while straightining your legs. The key is finding your ballance point. In other words, your comfort spot far enough foreward on the board to give you momentum, but keeping enough weight back to prevent nose diving the board. Itwas easiest for me to center up on the board at first and then slide my feet foreward to that balance point.
Biggest thing is not to get frustrated and don't give up easy! My wife can't ski or wakeboard ( back surgery) but she can surf and loves it! :D