02-23-2006, 12:49 PM
whats up, where in nor cal be you..

kalanic
02-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Im in the Bay Area, Benicia.

M-Funf
02-23-2006, 01:41 PM

Hey kalanic...Welcome! I'm in Petaluma, ski the delta (Del's) and Lake Sonoma mostly...

kalanic
02-23-2006, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I Board mostly Berryessa & Travel to Shasta once a year.

X2M
02-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Hi Kalanic.

You're not to far from me...same county. ;)

Berryessa is my home lake too...where do you launch??

:)

kalanic
02-23-2006, 03:29 PM
I usually Launch at Spanish Flat or Berryessa Marina. How about you?

flyinryn
02-23-2006, 03:38 PM

Welcome to the board,

I have a good friend that lives in Benica. Do you frequent the bars at all.

flyinryn
02-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Hey kalanic...Welcome! I'm in Petaluma, ski the delta (Del's) and Lake Sonoma mostly...

M-Funf

I see that you go to Lake Sonoma, saw some pics of that lake last night looked pretty cool.

I also saw that there are some campgrounds that you can only get to by water or hiking into them.

What is your opinion of it?

kalanic
02-23-2006, 03:49 PM
I've been to O'leary's once in a while. A buddy of mine used to bartend there.

X2M
02-23-2006, 04:03 PM
I usually Launch at Spanish Flat or Berryessa Marina. How about you?

We launch at Markley.

How often are you do you ride?

X2M
02-23-2006, 04:04 PM
M-Funf

I see that you go to Lake Sonoma, saw some pics of that lake last night looked pretty cool.

I also saw that there are some campgrounds that you can only get to by water or hiking into them.

Camping trip Ryan?? I'm in. ;)

M-Funf
02-23-2006, 04:05 PM
M-Funf

I used to go to Sonoma quite a bit after the dam was first built (about 1984), and it was great!

Over the last several years, Sonoma has become pretty popular, and gets very crowded on weekends, which makes the skiing pretty bad.

I have stayed at the boat-in campgrounds. They can be nice. It's best to go once and check them out, pick the one you want, and then reserve it before you go. Some of them have steep banks. All of them have a vault toilet, which can get pretty bad if it's a campground with lots of sites. The ones that are in the no-wake zones are better for anchoring you boat, but it may take a few minutes to get out of the no-wake zone for skiing. You also can't just walk into the water and ski away from the site...

The public boat ramp is nice, but the parking lot fills up on nice days, and it's a LONG walk from the lot at the top of the hill to the ramp. The public ramp also has a very small dock, which is challenging when you want to load/unload your boat. I think it costs about $2-5 to launch and park there.

The marina is much nicer, but the parking sucks (dirt lot with no formal parking spaces). Launch/use fee is higher at $12-15, but they have a store, restaurant, etc. They also have more dock space for loading/unloading. I usually launch at the marina.

My favorite campsites are Black Mountain, Buck Pasture, and Madrone Point (which is not in the no-wake zone, though)

There is a pretty good description, maps, and pictures of the campsites on the US Army Corps of Engineers website:

Lake Sonoma (http://www.spn.usace.army.mil/lakesonoma/)

Take a look at this map. I prefer the Warm Springs arm of the lake, but it is smaller and can be crowded. "no-wake" zones start on the WS side between Madrone Point and Black Mountain. On the Dry Creek side, the no-wake zone starts before the Homestead campground.

http://www.spn.usace.army.mil/lakesonoma/images/lakesonomamap.gif

kalanic
02-23-2006, 04:12 PM
We launch at Markley.

How often are you do you ride?

I ride during the Summer just about every weekend if I can. How about you? Party at bridge any?

X2M
02-23-2006, 09:32 PM
I ride during the Summer just about every weekend if I can. How about you? Party at bridge any?

We ride 2-3 evenings during the week, weekend mornings before the yahoo's get up and some weekend evenings too.

Sorry no partying at the bridge...usually kiddies in the boat.

Maybe we can hook up this summer and ride.

**edit** Just realized that this is post number 500 for me. :D
I wonder if I should start a thread congratulating myself?? ;)

flipper
02-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Delta and Don Pedro mostly for me, but go a little bit of every where. Last year we went to new hogan a few times because there is no speed limit, and my brother in law's boat needs that. Love to camp almost any where there is water.

jmyers
02-24-2006, 02:06 PM
We will definetly need to get everyone together this summer here in Cali! We went to Pedro, Hogan, New melones, and the Delta adn it was a good time and with all the MC owners (and the Bu owner too) it would be a great time to get all of us together for a couple of trips this year(Since MC isn't doing a great job of a REUNION here)! It is so easy for us to put it togehter with all the lakes and camp grounds we have around here! LET"S DO IT! :D

RackAtak
02-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Who wants to head it up this year? I got kind of discouraged last year after trying to do it and having only four boats actually make it! :(

jmyers
02-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Who wants to head it up this year? I got kind of discouraged last year after trying to do it and having only four boats actually make it! :(
I was one of those boats, so I am in! We should all work together! Let's start with a month Mabey one in June July and August? :confused:

RackAtak
02-24-2006, 04:05 PM
One boat did break down near the ramp and FlynRyn came with X2Momma so I guess six were actually represented. Maybe we should think about doing one in the north, one in the valley and one in the south.

I already plan to be at Trinity from June 17th through the 23rd , Shasta on the 24th and 25th of June and at Don Pedro or New Melones the rest of the summer.

rodltg2
02-24-2006, 04:07 PM
count me in for one of those trips, the delta is always good too, lots to do..

kalanic
02-24-2006, 09:33 PM
We ride 2-3 evenings during the week, weekend mornings before the yahoo's get up and some weekend evenings too.

Sorry no partying at the bridge...usually kiddies in the boat.

Maybe we can hook up this summer and ride.

**edit** Just realized that this is post number 500 for me. :D
I wonder if I should start a thread congratulating myself?? ;)
SOunds good! I too have kiddies in the boat but its fun sometimes to kick back & watch the yahoo's! LOL!

kalanic
02-24-2006, 09:34 PM
We will definetly need to get everyone together this summer here in Cali! We went to Pedro, Hogan, New melones, and the Delta adn it was a good time and with all the MC owners (and the Bu owner too) it would be a great time to get all of us together for a couple of trips this year(Since MC isn't doing a great job of a REUNION here)! It is so easy for us to put it togehter with all the lakes and camp grounds we have around here! LET"S DO IT! :D
Im In! When & Where! MC PRIDE!

jmyers
03-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Everyone should give a couple of dates that are open for you! We can then put the date's together to find when we can all attend at least one all togehter and mabey a couple of other time's to get most of the boats in! I like June or July and mabey we look at Shasta for the OWNER OPERATED NOT MC! Reunion! Because it is centrally located for the whole coast! And then we should work on a Nor Cal and Socal spot too! Let me hear some input, help me out Rod!

kalanic
03-06-2006, 03:19 PM
I will be in Shasta Early Augaust like the 6th to the 13th. In Berryessa all spring & summer.

maha skier
03-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Hello all, is everyone ready for this rain to end? I am ready for the heat. Where's everyone goin for their first trip? Just a day trip, or you gonna start with a doozy?

kalanic
03-23-2006, 05:53 PM
Hello all, is everyone ready for this rain to end? I am ready for the heat. Where's everyone goin for their first trip? Just a day trip, or you gonna start with a doozy?
Welcome MAHA! Hell yes the rain needs to stop! Im about to buy a house in Vacaville after a sell my home in Benicia! My first trip will be to Berryessa.

X2M
03-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Hi Maha. I am ready for the rain to stop too. You launch at Markley? If so I will look for you this summer.

Kalanic...moving to Vacaville? What part? Great family town.

kalanic
03-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Lookin at homes in Browns Valley/Boulder Valley. Very nice!

maha skier
03-23-2006, 07:03 PM
I usually launch over at Monticello resort cuz thats where we camp. Just look for the black maha boat. Thats us, can't wait. Hey kalanic, just moved to browns valley myself, good luck....

kalanic
03-23-2006, 07:11 PM
I usually launch over at Monticello resort cuz thats where we camp. Just look for the black maha boat. Thats us, can't wait. Hey kalanic, just moved to browns valley myself, good luck....
Hey thanks Maha! Maybe we will run into each other around Vaca..I usually launch at Berryessa Marina, fiance parents have a trailer there.

maha skier
03-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Let me know once your settled, or when your headin up to the lake. If you need anything let me know.

kalanic
03-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Let me know once your settled, or when your headin up to the lake. If you need anything let me know.
Right on..Hopefully soon! I gotta finish wiring in my second battery & light bar for my tower. Thanks..Same to you!

sanddragon2004
04-05-2006, 01:03 PM
hey guys, from san jose right now, moving to soquel in the summer. we frequent the delta, and lake tullock alot in the summer.

usually up near snod grass slew out of walnut grove marina.

kalanic
04-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Whats happenin sanddragon2004. Welcome a board!

sanddragon2004
04-06-2006, 07:55 PM
not much im taking my boat up to boss towers this weekend so im really exicted about that! getting a pro series towoer, and a bimini and racks who hoo.

summer is coming! hopefully! gosh this rain is killin me!

i have a big ballast project too but with the weather it hasnt gone anywhere!

_DiZZ_
04-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Hello all.... Lake Tulloch is where we camp most often, cuz we have 4 kids, and there is more shade... But we go to Don Pedro when itís just the adults and hang by the waterfall ;)

kalanic
04-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Welcome Dizz! I've never been to either places but have been wanting to. I am always at Berryessa. Its only about 30 min away. We have 2 girls.

_DiZZ_
04-14-2006, 01:44 PM
Welcome Dizz! I've never been to either places but have been wanting to. I am always at Berryessa. Its only about 30 min away. We have 2 girls.

I have 2 girls 14 and 16. She has 2 boys 15 and 17.

Tulloch is only about an hour and a half from me and don pedro is about another 20 min up the road.

_DiZZ_
04-14-2006, 01:49 PM
So did anyone else have spring fever yesterday? :love: It was such an awesome day. Im SO ready to put the boat in the water :steering:. And now back to the rain agin :mad: I though i moved away from the Pac North West lol.

M-Funf
04-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Yea, I got it pretty bad...and still have "projects" to finish before I can think about pulling the boat out of the barn (plus it's still too muddy to get it out of the field)

rodltg2
04-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Yea, I got it pretty bad...and still have "projects" to finish before I can think about pulling the boat out of the barn (plus it's still too muddy to get it out of the field)

if your ever in the area , you are welcome to take a set with me

M-Funf
04-14-2006, 02:52 PM
if your ever in the area , you are welcome to take a set with me

jmyers
04-14-2006, 03:07 PM
I am really ready for this damn crap weather to go away! You can't imagine how I need to get out in the boat!

sanddragon2004
04-16-2006, 08:36 PM
I am so ready for this crappy weather to be gone. although my boat is at boss right now anyways. Hope to get it back next weekend,

I heard that the delta is closed to recreation boating right now? doees anybody know?

also anybody going to be at tullock for memorial day? that is where I am planning on being.

bkhallpass
04-16-2006, 09:32 PM
Sanddragon,

Delta is currently closed to boating through at least Tuesday. $1000 fine and up to six months in jail if you get caught out there. Water is calm today. Tides have been very high this week, though they are about 18" lower than we saw in January. BKH

_DiZZ_
04-17-2006, 06:39 PM
I am so ready for this crappy weather to be gone. although my boat is at boss right now anyways. Hope to get it back next weekend,

I heard that the delta is closed to recreation boating right now? doees anybody know?

also anybody going to be at tullock for memorial day? that is where I am planning on being.

My family and i will probably be there... I cant wait

AirJunky
04-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Delta is currently closed to boating through at least Tuesday. $1000 fine and up to six months in jail if you get caught out there. BKH
Wow, is that due to the water being high or what?

rodltg2
04-17-2006, 07:01 PM
that and they dont want the wakes of the boats to cause damage to the levees.

kalanic
04-17-2006, 07:05 PM
All our Rivers & Delta systems are dangerously high..most are about 3 to 4 ft below flood stage. The Levees are breakin, the Sheriff Dept says the wakes of boats will add to the stress on the levees. Pretty crazy!

bkhallpass
04-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Wow, is that due to the water being high or what?

Yes, tides are high. Rainfall has been heavy (25 days in March and 14 so far in April). Huge snowpack in the mountains, and warming weather. Levees are already saturated, and weak. Even the freight ships going from SF bay to Stockton are limited to no more than 3 knots right now. The delta is 1100 miles of waterway and supplies most of the drinking water to Southern Cal, and most of the farm waters to CA. If they were to have 3 or 4 levee breaks, it could be catastrophic. Salt water from the bay and Ocean would surge into the water systems, etc. Our reservoirs are currently near full and will be full with the snow melt. However, if a levee breaks they will need to release a huge amount of water to ensure fresh water remains in the delta. BKH

AirJunky
04-17-2006, 08:26 PM
More levees, huh. I've skied the Delta a couple times & it never dawned on me. In hind sight, it seems like a dumb idea to have a ton of people living near a levee system of any kind.

sanddragon2004
04-18-2006, 09:21 PM
kind of like the complete city of new orleans huh?

bkhallpass
04-18-2006, 10:14 PM
I was at one of the Stockton boat dealers today, and the latest word is that the Delta will likely be closed through at least Thursday. Nevertheless, on the drive home I saw four guys in a boat tubin' near Union Point. I probably shouldn't say what kind of boat they were in, but let's just say that a lot of folks who frequent this web site own them :>). I guess it's worth the risk of a $1000 fine for some good tubin'. Maybe this weekend will finally bring some water time to you NorCal folks. I hope so. BKH

bkhallpass
04-19-2006, 10:43 PM
I heard on the news that the Delta was reopened for boating at noon yesterday. Time to get out there NorCal folks. BKH

sanddragon2004
04-21-2006, 12:02 AM
im hopefully picking up my boat on tomrrow i will def be ready to geter done.

kalanic
05-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Anyone been to Berryessa lately Or headed there this weekend?

X2M
05-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Boat is supposed to be ready for pickup today or tomorrow. :woohoo:

We will be up there on sunday for sure...maybe friday evening too.

You heading up? :confused:

kalanic
05-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Gonna Try...I doubt it gotta be in Turlock Saturday. Kinda in the middle of movin the two houses too. We will see.

_DiZZ_
05-25-2006, 01:17 PM
I am heading to Tulloch tonight... be there till monday. :woohoo: