PDA

View Full Version : southern wisconsin

point1234
02-22-2006, 09:24 PM
I know that it is kind of early to be talking about this but I just wanted to get something going. This summer I plan on being on the water alot. And iam looking for some people to go wakeboarding with me this summer. I have the boat just looking for some people to share some cost of gas and a good time. Plan on being on Lake Mendota alot.

Andyg
02-23-2006, 10:42 AM
I just sent you a PM.

Danimal
02-23-2006, 11:13 AM
WOW... doesn't Mendota really kick up with some serious chop? I've been fishing there before and I remember it being nasty on a slightly breezy day.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-23-2006, 11:49 AM
I know that it is kind of early to be talking about this but I just wanted to get something going. This summer I plan on being on the water alot. And iam looking for some people to go wakeboarding with me this summer. I have the boat just looking for some people to share some cost of gas and a good time. Plan on being on Lake Mendota alot.
Well, the ice right now is about 8" thick so kinda early I guess....;)
And that lake is 83' deep?

wakesport
02-23-2006, 12:25 PM
Yes there is some good chop out there. But, early in the morning it can be glass all across the lake. I've skied from Spring harbor to alsmost Maple Bluff without needing to turn around. You just need to watch out for the UW crew.

We are out there almost every early morning inthe summer. We also head over to the course on Monona a lot.

wakesport
02-23-2006, 12:29 PM
what kind of boat do you have?

wakesport
02-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Well, the ice right now is about 8" thick so kinda early I guess....;)
And that lake is 83' deep?

Ice should be off in another month. We were out on Monona in early April last year.

wakesport
02-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Lake Mendota in early spring.

Rockman
02-23-2006, 01:35 PM
I graduated from UW and have relatives who live in Madtown.

I'll drop you a line when we are going up there.

Mendota is good to find some glass along the shorelines. The lake is big enough to find galss somewhere.

Screw the Crew Team! Hated those A**holes when I went to school there and can't stand them now. :rant:

Earliest I skied (and drove) Lake Mendota was mid March one year. We were footin off the boom dodging chunks of ice near Picnic Point. :steering:

wakesport
02-23-2006, 02:08 PM
I graduated from UW and have relatives who live in Madtown.

I'll drop you a line when we are going up there.

Mendota is good to find some glass along the shorelines. The lake is big enough to find galss somewhere.

Screw the Crew Team! Hated those A**holes when I went to school there and can't stand them now. :rant:

Earliest I skied (and drove) Lake Mendota was mid March one year. We were footin off the boom dodging chunks of ice near Picnic Point. :steering:

Anytime. Once school lets out we are out every day. Before that we go for a quick set before school. And early on the weekends.

wakesport
02-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Fall skiing on Monona

bobk
02-23-2006, 06:24 PM
The water is pretty calm on the north west side of the lake by Bishops Bay Country Club.

What a pretty site to watch the sun make the capital glow red as the sun goes down

#47of100TeamMC
03-02-2006, 01:47 PM
anyone up around the Hudson area?

Just moved to Hudson this fall and are always lookin' to get into cantact with more slalom guru's. Also lookin' for good places to ski.

anyone? (Just trying to melt the ice with some warm slalom talk)

Iced in WI

ksdaoski
03-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Hello- I moved to Pewaukee in late Sept and just picked up an 88 prostar last week. I'll be looking for people who like to ski and board. Live across the street from the lake and have lake access. Ready for the ice to melt!

Footin
03-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Welcome to the board! Congrats on the new boat.

#47of100TeamMC
03-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Your not that far away from Dr. Michaels... maybe he can teach you how to... (cough) um, be a better skier.