PDA

View Full Version : Is it spring yet??

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-22-2006, 08:33 PM
I tell you, I am gettin the shakes here. I gotta start doin crosswords or something. This off season stuff is for the birds. I have been craving anything skiing. I read my Waterski mag already.....twice. I dug out my HO brochure from last year, read that. Been looking at all the ski mfgs websites, over and over. been scouring ebay looking for skis....some of them I have no intention of buying, but I still look them up. Is anyone else going through this? or am I just weird? :confused: oh yea, and If you cant tell, I been practically glued to this board too.

The temps are warmer, the sun is out, I can see open water out in the bay in teh middle, but its got a ways to go yet. My dry suit and stuff is here.... the boat is waiting..... Man this is tuff!!! Heck, I even been hitting the Gym 3 days a week, 1 hour at a time, staying in shape. I even been trying to replicate certain skiing type movements with the help of the personal trainers on staff at the gym. They custom designed a few excercises to help replicate skiing. working arms, and legs, and core muscles. I realize nothing is as good as the real thing (skiing) but I just thought the better shape I am in, the better start I will get this spring. :confused:

So lets have a show of hands here, who else is suffering from the off season? :confused:

UMP

André
02-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Yep,count me in...
Read 1995 boat guide last week...

jmyers
02-22-2006, 08:38 PM
I am definetly ready, and so is the boat!~ I will be out of town and the country for almost all of March so it should be spring when I get back April 7th! At least I won't have to come home everyday to see my boat starring me in the face wanting to get wet! :D

ilikeitglacy
02-22-2006, 08:40 PM
notsoon enough :D

Hoosier Bob
02-22-2006, 08:42 PM
Can't wait! I don't know about staying in shape? What shape are we talking about? I run on the mill and I lift regularly but during the winter I still choose round. Ski weight is 175-180 and winter weight is 190-195. This year I am better off than last year and one year farther away from one surgery but maybe closer to another! Not many posts in summer so my fingers get a little weak!:D

rodltg2
02-22-2006, 09:01 PM
it feels like spring here! probably wont last long . im hoping to ski this weekend, supposed to be high of 70!

02-22-2006, 09:06 PM
if it were 70 I would be skiing till sunset!!!!! :headbang:

02-22-2006, 09:06 PM
so how bout now? is it spring now?? :confused:

rodltg2
02-22-2006, 09:21 PM
if it were 70 I would be skiing till sunset!!!!! :headbang:

planning on it. too bad work gets in the way and io have to wait till the weekend.

02-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Tell you what Rod, if you do get out skiing this weekend, Giv'r hell for UMP will ya? SKi an extra set for me, or a few extra carves or something.... Seeing I am "climately challenged" for the next few months, Maybe I can ski vicariously through you. :D If I was Vulcan like Mr. Spock we could mind meld while you ski....... :rolleyes: Man, I hope spring gets here soon...... too much time on my hands.

Ya know, I even fixed the binding on my old Kidder Cruiser tonite. Its ready for the season hoping I can teach someone to slalom on it. THe more the marrier!!!!

UMP

SKI*MC
02-22-2006, 10:12 PM
i feel your pain UMP, we just got about 8 inches of powder last week. I'm starting to have withdraws here, i can't stop twitching and flinching, is this because i havent been on the water in 5 months. HOLY $HIT! that is a long time, how did i make it this long!? :eek3:

02-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Maybe we should start a 12 step program or move into a half way house or something..... :confused: Cant we sign up for some type of program and get some help? Speed up this damn calendar? something?? Im gettin goofy over here!!!!! :o

"Hello, my name is UMP and I am a ski-a-holic."

"its been 4 months since I skied."

" it all started when......."

The thing is I love being on this board, and I really enjoy the company here, alot of great people, but the bad part is I am probably gonna drive all you fine people nuts by spring time by putting up with me:eek:

UMP

bcampbe7
02-22-2006, 10:28 PM
UMP or Ski MC, do you not snow ski or snowboard? I would be doing a lot of that in the Winter if I had snow.

SKI*MC
02-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Yeah i have a snowboard, but no money to go to the hill, and plus our hill sucks!

02-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the idea, but I have to say that snow skiing sucks compared to waterskiing. I have snow skied since I was a young kid, I stopped snow skiing a few years ago. Too cold, pain the rear, not really that fun. Plus, you cant take a Mastercraft snow skiing! It wont fit on the chair lift!!!

Waterskiing rules! :worthy:

UMP

bobk
02-22-2006, 10:39 PM
I've read re-read about everything ski/boating/wakeboarding online over the past month I can get my hands on. The poor guys at Action laugh when I do my weekly walk through just looking at all the eye candy on the walls and on display.

02-22-2006, 10:55 PM
alright, enough of this, I am going to bed and re-read waterski mag, and my 2005 HO brochure and try to get some sleep. Maybe I can dream about skiing then.....

richardsoncd
02-23-2006, 01:10 PM
So is it bad if you spend hours reading the same posts on tmcowners, and continually get off the couch at night to go to the garage to stare at the boat? My roommate is convinced I am going crazy, and I don't blame him....cold weather=angry :mad: I need a fix bad.

wakesport
02-23-2006, 01:34 PM
My wife and are both going through water ski withdrawl. We have found a few things that help.

1) We ski as late into the season as possible (November)
2) We start as early as possible (March)
3) We take at least one waterski trip south (1 week in Winter Haven)
4) We watch videos of our last trip on the water
5) We take at least one snow ski trip out west

These steps really help. I know you think snow skiing does not compare to waterskiing but you should try it out west. I too think it sucks around here.

For those of you that think this is too expensive. We are both teachers and just manage our money. We place a high premium on recreation together and spend our money there rather than on other things.

We are heading out for a quick trip to Colorado this weekend to get our fix in for February. Next month we will go out to Tahoe for 5 days. At this rate I will have waterskied or snow skied in every month for the last 12.

02-23-2006, 01:47 PM
Understood wakesport. WInter sports just dont interest me. I dont like the cold. I had my share of snow skiing growing up. It was fun then, but I just dont care for it anymore. The whole concept of being out on the water with the boat is much more fun. Its just an enjoyable thing. WInter is just not my thing.......

as far as going south for a ski trip mid winter, thats a good idea. I will see if I can talk the girlfriend into that plan...... :)

bcampbe7
02-23-2006, 01:48 PM
snip
For those of you that think this is too expensive. We are both teachers and just manage our money. We place a high premium on recreation together and spend our money there rather than on other things.

We are heading out for a quick trip to Colorado this weekend to get our fix in for February. Next month we will go out to Tahoe for 5 days. At this rate I will have waterskied or snow skied in every month for the last 12.

That's awesome wakesport!
Nothing compares to the snow skiing out West! :woohoo:

bcampbe7
02-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Understood wakesport. WInter sports just dont interest me. I dont like the cold. I had my share of snow skiing growing up. It was fun then, but I just dont care for it anymore. The whole concept of being out on the water with the boat is much more fun. Its just an enjoyable thing. WInter is just not my thing.......

as far as going south for a ski trip mid winter, thats a good idea. I will see if I can talk the girlfriend into that plan...... :)

Your in the wrong place of the Country to not like the cold weather. ;)

Come on down South!

wakesport
02-23-2006, 01:55 PM

I highly recommend going to Winter Haven. We made it there from Madison in time to get a set in on the second day. We spent 6 more days skiing every day. The water and weather was great.

wakesport
02-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Here's a short clip of the skiing there

http://personalpages.tds.net/~wakesport/Florida_d.WMV

Workin' 4 Toys
02-23-2006, 02:38 PM
Your in the wrong place of the Country to not like the cold weather. ;)

So lets have a show of hands here, who else is suffering from the off season? :confused:

You can say that again!!

I am not suffering one little bit..:D

wakesport
02-23-2006, 02:49 PM
spring skiing

3event
02-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Once you own a house, and have kids, it's hard to be too bored in the winter. No indoor home projects around here would ever get done if it wasn't for winter and the kids' fall/winter sports keep things running.

Maybe you don't want to get married and have kids just to keep from being bored though......

Get a multimedia PC and create some watersports DVDs with videos or digital stills + music etc. Those are great for reliving the victories and pain of prior seasons. If you can splice up a bunch of wipeouts into a short movie, everyone will love it! Download some cool videos from the internet and make your own DVD of clips and hints.

I'm liking everyone's suggestions to travel south.

Next weekend is "Challenge the Pros" in West Palm Beach - go see Parrish and the rest compete. It looks like YOU can enter if you have $200 - ??????
http://www.challengethepros.com/OkeeheeleeInfo.html

wakesport
02-23-2006, 03:10 PM
We are planning on another trip south next winter. We are still enjoying the week we had. Although the memories are fading. Last year we went down to Bennet's for a long weekend of instruction. We had a great time there but I was so out of shape from not skiing for 3 month prior that I did not get as much out of the trip as I wanted. Bennet's is a great place to go. They have nice cabins right on the water and wonderful instructors. We thought about doing that again but decided to trailer the boat and just ski. For us this was a better choice and we will probably do it again.

bcampbe7
02-23-2006, 03:30 PM
You can say that again!!

Sunny and 60*F here today! :cool:

Your snowmobile would be virtually useless here though. :D

02-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Sunny and 60*F here today! :cool:

Your snowmobile would be virtually useless here though. :D

60 degrees!!!! Dude you should be skiing!! :dance: I would be for sure! :twocents:

bcampbe7
02-23-2006, 03:41 PM
60 degrees!!!! Dude you should be skiing!! :dance: I would be for sure! :twocents:

Hard to do from work. :)

I am a wuss when it comes to cold water. Plus our lake is down quite-a-bit. Not safe in my opinion to be out on the water with all of the trees hidden below the surface.

jayocheskey
02-23-2006, 04:05 PM
I think everyone on this board has some type of "fever." Either that or there are a whole lot of 'computer geeks' who like MC.

Maristar210
02-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Understood wakesport. WInter sports just dont interest me. I dont like the cold. WInter is just not my thing.......

UMP,

I may be point out the obvious here but you live in the UP on Lake Superior, winter is half your life.

Steve

02-23-2006, 04:19 PM
UMP,

I may be point out the obvious here but you live in the UP on Lake Superior, winter is half your life.

Steve

:uglyhamme LOL, I realize that Steve. I just get a little shack happy this time of year. I Ski late and start early, so tis not that bad. I have the dry suit now, so I will be hitting it ASAP and going as late in the year as I can. I know, I know, its the UP and I gotta live with it. It just gets a little old in Feb. Spring is coming. :)

rodltg2
02-23-2006, 04:28 PM
dont feel so bad UMP, it only 61 today. im still wearing as sweater :D

Maristar210
02-23-2006, 04:30 PM
:uglyhamme LOL, I realize that Steve. I just get a little shack happy this time of year. I Ski late and start early, so tis not that bad. I have the dry suit now, so I will be hitting it ASAP and going as late in the year as I can. I know, I know, its the UP and I gotta live with it. It just gets a little old in Feb. Spring is coming. :)

I hear you. I was at the boat show in GR last week for no real reason other than to quell the thirst for some water time activities. Come on spring!!!

Steve

02-23-2006, 04:51 PM
I hear you. I was at the boat show in GR last week for no real reason other than to quell the thirst for some water time activities. Come on spring!!!

Steve

Lots of people tell me to move south, but there are alot of positive reasons for staying here. I wont bore you all with it, but this isnt a bad place to be, yes the winters can be a drag, but I have learned to make it work for me. I adapt. I overcome. I live right on the lake, so I dont get slammed with snow like most of the outlying areas. The lake keeps us warmer in winter.

rodltg2
02-23-2006, 05:36 PM
just fly out to cali and ski wiht us!

pq2
02-23-2006, 06:11 PM
You all should have a time share in our hotels here in cancun :D for the winter, the water is always warm.

I can give you special room prices if you reserve them with time, and we can have a ski boat every day to pull you as many times you want.

rodltg2
02-23-2006, 06:13 PM
where is the mayan riviera?

pq2
02-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Mayan Riviera is a huge area that goes from cancun to tulum (130 km aprox).

If you stay at the mayan riviera you will have to drive to cancun to ski. there are no lagoons or lakes in the mayan riviera. Most hotels in the mayan riviera are 40 min from cancun.

rodltg2
02-23-2006, 06:39 PM
cool, i'll see you next april!

02-23-2006, 08:23 PM
just fly out to cali and ski wiht us!

You mean me Rod? is that an invite to come ski with you next winter somtime? :confused:

rodltg2
02-24-2006, 06:05 PM
sure come on out..

i had to use my air conditoner in the car today

02-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Well, I may take you up on that next winter if your offer still stands. :)

I wanna go somewhere next year where I can get a little skiing in anyway. Doesnt have to be a week long ski school. I would be happy to pay someone just for a few hours tow time for a day or two. somehing like that. I will try to do that next year. I can plan for it. :) Thanks for the offer Rod!! :toast:

jmyers
02-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Well, I may take you up on that next winter if your offer still stands. :)

I wanna go somewhere next year where I can get a little skiing in anyway. Doesnt have to be a week long ski school. I would be happy to pay someone just for a few hours tow time for a day or two. somehing like that. I will try to do that next year. I can plan for it. :) Thanks for the offer Rod!! :toast:
UMP don't worry about paying for a pull out here youhave at least two boats here when you come out! MC and BU! :D

02-24-2006, 06:41 PM
:headbang: Cool Jmyers!!!

I will hopefully be contacting someone for a tow next winter. :woohoo:

quincyfirefighter
02-25-2006, 03:12 AM
sure come on out..

i had to use my air conditoner in the car today
Come on man don't rub it in. Channel 3 and 10 say it was all of 69 degrees today :rolleyes: . But that's good. What, Are they done fishing your pond out or are you skiing a difference pond or are you going for the big pond (Folsom) maybe a little cold about this time of year. But not if you have a drysuit :D Was my old stomping ground's when I was in high school. Oakmont High School

rodltg2
02-25-2006, 12:22 PM
its been nice all week and now its a little cloudy. :(

i may go to another ski lake, if not i may go to folsom just to run the boat and relax. i wont ski out there.

02-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Can you tell UMP is tired of winter????

UMP wants to SKI!!!!! Im just waiting for that ice to melt!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/WinterSkiing1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/WinterSkiing2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/WinterSkiing3.jpg

erkoehler
02-25-2006, 06:24 PM
You need a neoprene vest!!!!

02-25-2006, 06:45 PM
:uglyhamme I got one Erk!! I just grabbed that old vest out of my parents yard shed. I am out at their place for the afternoon plowing snow and visiting, some friends were out ice fishing, so my mom and I took a walk out to visit them. she grabbed her camera to take pics of the fish they caught, so on the way, I grabbed my old slalom ski out of the basement and a rope, and my dads old vest. THought it would make for a good pic. Mom was laughing her arse off taking the pics. Dont worry dude, I may be in the ice age here, but I am not in the ice age for my gear!!!! :toast:

UMP

02-26-2006, 08:34 AM
well, its about -6 degrees here today :eek: .....maybe spring aint coming. Maybe mother nature decided to cancel spring this year, and didnt send me a memo about it :confused:

ski_king
02-26-2006, 09:00 AM
I thought it was spring yesterday, above 50 and sunny.
This morning it is 18 and a dusting of snw on the ground.

twieder
02-26-2006, 11:14 PM
I couldn't resist It's almost March!

jlf
02-27-2006, 08:47 AM
I am confused...

I love winter when we have snow, love to get out the snowmobile, but the last few winters have been terrible for riding...the other night I was watching snowmoble TV and wishing to get out and just ride....

The next day I couldn't put down the new Wakeboarding magazine and I wishing for warm weather and sunny skies.

See I am confused...Don't know if I want snow or sun!!

MarkP
02-27-2006, 11:52 AM
I thought it was spring yesterday, above 50 and sunny.
This morning it is 18 and a dusting of snw on the ground.
Beautiful today though!!

east tx skier
02-27-2006, 12:07 PM
HEY MARK!!! Did you get my email? Where you been hiding?

MarkP
02-27-2006, 12:16 PM
HEY MARK!!! Did you get my email? Where you been hiding?
I did,

And, my reply was to encourage you to save for the black 197;)

10-21-2006, 01:13 PM
Hey, Is it spring yet?:( :cool:

TMCNo1
10-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Hey, Is it spring yet?:( :cool:

Nope, it's just around the corner, we got to get past this one last cool snap!:D

jmyers
10-23-2006, 11:54 AM
It seems like it here! 85 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, and no breeze! Went out Sat all glass perfect late October day in Cali!:D

10-23-2006, 12:39 PM
Nope, it's just around the corner, we got to get past this one last cool snap!:D
Cool, only one more cold snap to go!:o

ntidsl
10-23-2006, 12:56 PM
you should take a trip to florida to sk once a month through your winter...go see jodi fisher at disney, what a break form cloudly and grey weather...keeps you in shape...im going in november and december...

Workin' 4 Toys
10-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Someone that lives in the UP of Michigan complaining about cold and snow, would be very similar IMO of someone in Texas complaining of the heat.

Get a snowmobile and enjoy your life. Get out once in a while.....8p

erkoehler
10-23-2006, 01:21 PM
UMP, are there alot of yoopers that don't snowmobile?

10-23-2006, 01:32 PM
UMP, are there alot of yoopers that don't snowmobile?
Sure Erk, in fact most people dont snowmobile here. Just because your a yooper, dont make you a snow lover. As you know, the UP isnt the land of economic opportunity, so given the cost of sleds, it limits the sport up here. The large majority of people that snowmobile here are people that come up on vacation to get good snow. I know Mikey and his family are into snowmobiling alot, and there are some serious snowmobilers up here for sure, but its not like there is one parked at every single house.

10-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Someone that lives in the UP of Michigan complaining about cold and snow, would be very similar IMO of someone in Texas complaining of the heat.

Get a snowmobile and enjoy your life. Get out once in a while.....8p
I have snowmobiled quite a bit in my youth, but its just something I dont enjoy. Its just not my thing. ALot of people enjoy snowmobiling and thats cool, I just dont get into it. Winter is my music time. I sink into my music studio and hit the guitars all winter long.

erkoehler
10-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Just so you know, I wasn't trying to be an arse, it was a serious question!

It would KILL me to live up there and look at so much snow, and to have the only involvement with it be shoveling the driveway!!!

10-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Just so you know, I wasn't trying to be an arse, it was a serious question!

It would KILL me to live up there and look at so much snow, and to have the only involvement with it be shoveling the driveway!!!

OK erk, well I guess its a case of the grass is always greener on the other side.....or in this case, the snow is always whiter on the other side. I dont like it, and you love it. I would deal with your winter weather, where you would rather deal with my winter weather. I just move snow out of my drive way, off my side walk and steps, and help my parents snoblow it off of their deck. thats about the only contact I have with snow, as I said, its not my thing. I used to downhill ski alot too, but I cant get any of my lame arse friends to go anymore as they all have kids and are busy.

MCXSS
10-23-2006, 01:54 PM
UMP, I think it may be even worse for me. I bought Jeff's boat, got to drive it once (was not able to ski behind it) and then have to put it in storage until spring. I can't even look at it! I'm going freakin crazy and it's only been a few weeks. I fired up my snowmobile to try and forget about it, but I can't. Maybe having a picture of the boat as my screen saver doesn't help, but it's fun to look at. This is going to be a long winter. I'll need tips from you seasoned MC guys on how to get through this.

10-23-2006, 01:58 PM
UMP, I think it may be even worse for me. I bought Jeff's boat, got to drive it once (was not able to ski behind it) and then have to put it in storage until spring. I can't even look at it! I'm going freakin crazy and it's only been a few weeks. I fired up my snowmobile to try and forget about it, but I can't. Maybe having a picture of the boat as my screen saver doesn't help, but it's fun to look at. This is going to be a long winter. I'll need tips from you seasoned MC guys on how to get through this.
Well, I am not seasoned as I have only went thru one winter with my boat, and I nearly drove everyone in my family, my friends, my co-workers, and everyone on this board crazy in the process. :o March was incredibly tuff for me. I was just freakin out. I may try to make a trip somewhere mid winter to ski, just to get the bug out. Cough, cough, hear that Shepard?......Hear that Lakey?....I said SOUTH....ya know, where yoos guys are.:) hint, hint, nudge, nudge.....8p :D

LakePirate
10-23-2006, 02:05 PM

Beer .

trickskier
10-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Well, I am not seasoned as I have only went thru one winter with my boat, and I nearly drove everyone in my family, my friends, my co-workers, and everyone on this board crazy in the process. :o March was incredibly tuff for me. I was just freakin out. I may try to make a trip somewhere mid winter to ski, just to get the bug out. Cough, cough, hear that Shepard?......Hear that Lakey?....I said SOUTH....ya know, where yoos guys are.:) hint, hint, nudge, nudge.....8p :D

Darn UMP not even November and it sounds like you're JONES'N BIG TIME! Better head SOUTH for warmer weather......Enjoy the fireside. J/K

LakePirate
10-23-2006, 02:06 PM

Come on down and jump in. Currently it is 49 and wind gusts at 25+ mph.

10-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Come on down and jump in. Currently it is 49 and wind gusts at 25+ mph.What kinda weather you got in March? SKiable? do you need to winterize there Lakey?

Talk to me goose.:)

trickskier
10-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Come on down and jump in. Currently it is 49 and wind gusts at 25+ mph.

It was 92 here Saturday. Only skiboat on the water & water was glass. Used the bass boats as a slalom buoys.......J/K :uglyhamme

10-23-2006, 02:18 PM
It was 92 here Saturday. Only skiboat on the water & water was glass. Used the bass boats as a slalom buoys.......J/K :uglyhamme

whats your phone # and address? I will see you in March!:D ;) 8p

LakePirate
10-23-2006, 02:21 PM
What kinda weather you got in March? SKiable? do you need to winterize there Lakey?

Talk to me goose.:)

I don't use anti-freeze, just unhook everything and drain the block. March is usually better than this. It will get into the 70/80s. The dam bottom fell out down here and it went from summer to cold. Something about a Canadian front came through.

You can ski in March. Might not be real comfortable with water temps, but you are used to that, so yeah it is.

Pilot skis all year. If it gets a bit warmer I will head back out.

hacker
10-23-2006, 02:40 PM
...This is going to be a long winter. I'll need tips from you seasoned MC guys on how to get through this.

Just ski man, just ski!

trickskier
10-23-2006, 02:41 PM
whats your phone # and address? I will see you in March!:D ;) 8p

Believe it or not March is usually our worst month. We tend to get a lot of NASTY Noreaster's in March. But, I'll be glad to give you a pull if you make it FL.

12-07-2006, 11:07 AM
OK< in light of recent restlessness here, looks like its time to fire up some summer threads. :rolleyes:

12-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Is it spring yet?

jbfootin
12-07-2006, 04:23 PM
I really miss summer:(

pq2
12-07-2006, 04:36 PM
UMP, the air condition is ON here, the water is warm and the morning sessions are awsome. 77° F

sanjuan23
12-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Here he goes again bragging to everyone about the paradise just outside his front door. Lucky Son of a Gun! Wishing we were there!

trickskier
12-07-2006, 05:08 PM
It's supposed to be 29 here Saturday morning. Looks like I picked a good weekend to have surgery!!!

pq2
12-07-2006, 05:23 PM
SJ, dont feel bad, to be true is very windy so the water is full of chop. This part of the year is better for kiteboarding.

Ric
12-07-2006, 05:24 PM
I really miss summer:( WHEW thankya mam

12-07-2006, 05:27 PM
could I borrow your towel? my car just hit a water buffalo.

pq2
12-08-2006, 01:06 PM
UMP how about today?

here 77° F

12-08-2006, 01:09 PM
UMP how about today?

here 77° F
OH come on now! that is just being rude!8p Its supposed to warm up to a balmy 40 deg this weekend. :rolleyes:

pq2
12-08-2006, 01:15 PM
maybe next year you can come to ski during the winter. You can use my monza and Ms. UMP can use my girlfriends HO Siren.

12-08-2006, 01:18 PM
and Ms. UMP can use my girlfriends HO Siren.as what? a canoe paddle? Ms. UMP dont swim!:o

Hey THANKS for the offer man!:) I may take you up on it some time. I was gonna try to ski with shepherd this winter in FL, but he says the lake levels are bad in January.

12-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Is it spring yet? :o

The natives are getting restless here. iTs gonna be a long winter!:o

trickskier
12-12-2006, 10:04 AM

Going to be in the 70's all week here. Ready for a pull UMP?

SkiDog
12-12-2006, 10:09 AM
as what? a canoe paddle? Ms. UMP dont swim!:o

Hey THANKS for the offer man!:) I may take you up on it some time. I was gonna try to ski with shepherd this winter in FL, but he says the lake levels are bad in January.

That's also where Atlfooter lives. I'm sure he'd be glad to accommodate!

Maristar210
12-12-2006, 10:24 AM

Amen to that.

Harvey
12-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Supposed to be in the 70s all week here in DFW. I will be on the water either Sat or Sun.

TMCNo1
12-12-2006, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE=Upper Michigan Prostar190]as what? a canoe paddle? Ms. UMP dont swim! [QUOTE]

She better learn, riding around in a boat with you!

12-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Going to be in the 70's all week here. Ready for a pull UMP?
I would love to ski, but its a bit of a far drive:(

Sodar
12-12-2006, 12:45 PM
I really miss summer:(

Me Too!!
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j11/kokomohavasu1/sandbar.jpg

atlfootr
12-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Always Spring in Winter Haven .... :)

trickskier
12-12-2006, 02:43 PM
I would love to ski, but its a bit of a far drive:(
Thought you were coming down sometime this winter?

12-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Thought you were coming down sometime this winter?
I might, but if I do, it wont be near you. :(

Ric
12-12-2006, 04:38 PM
How fitting that my Eight Thousandth post about nothing would be in this thread. :toast:

oh ummm WFT :wavey:

BeavenX5
12-12-2006, 04:43 PM
We finally just started the other skiing season last week-end. Snowmobile has not started yet. I will only be seriously missing summer in 6-8 weeks.:D

Workin' 4 Toys
12-13-2006, 07:44 AM
oh ummm WFT :wavey:
..........http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/obscene/eck05.gif...........

01-10-2007, 09:06 AM
YEEEEEE HAAAWWWWWW

Can you tell cabin fever is getting to us?:o

MarkP
01-10-2007, 09:13 AM
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/images/icons/icon11.gif Is it spring yet??

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Sodar
01-10-2007, 09:16 AM
It was getting to me REALLY bad, until this past weekend. I got to go over to Catalina on an offshore boat for lunch, then skiied in the afternoon and finally had a date that night and we took her parents boat out for a harbor cruise... it was a full day on the water and I LOVED every bit of it!! Much happier now!! :D

01-10-2007, 09:19 AM
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/images/icons/icon11.gif Is it spring yet??

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Hi Mark! Good to see you! How you handling the off season? still biking?

MarkP
01-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Hi Mark! Good to see you! How you handling the off season? still biking?
Every stinking weekend..
We haven’t had cold weather yet but my partners, (an old high school buddy and my third), tell me they are game to ride all winter..
Its funny, the wife got me a GPS. I guess, so I can find my way home. It takes a long time to get the 10-15 miles in, especially in the PA mud..

TMCNo1
01-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Not here, 23 degrees this morning and will be in the high 60's this weekend!

Maristar210
01-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Not yet Grass happa

pilot02
01-15-2007, 10:56 AM
It feels like it here in GA. The following were taken yesterday at West Point Lake.

LP Where are you??

pilot02
01-15-2007, 11:00 AM
Another...

pilot02
01-15-2007, 11:07 AM
And how bout some Footin????

It was a GREAT day. Air temps were in the 70's. Forgot to check the water but it wasn't bad at all with the barefoot suit. Had taken a drysuit just in case but didn't need it.

ps: Hey erkle, jealous..... ;) :D ;)

Maristar210
01-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Nice photo's (seeping with jealousy)

Steve

pilot02
01-15-2007, 12:09 PM
haha steve.
I had a blast and really needed the "fix!" I hadn't skied since Thanksgiving. Had a new driver that had never driven a ski boat much less a boat in the course (as you can tell by the boat path) but I still got 6 passes in and made 4 of the 6.

pilot02
01-15-2007, 12:09 PM
haha steve.
I had a blast and really needed the "fix!" I hadn't skied since Thanksgiving. Had a new driver that had never driven a ski boat much less a boat in the course (as you can tell by the boat path) but I still got 6 passes in and made 4 of the 6.