PDA

View Full Version : Bike Week Daytona

shepherd
02-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Anybody going this year???

Thinking about it. I may take my bike next time I visit my buds in Orlando one of those weekends...

shepherd
02-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Don't know her, but she looks like a nice girl... :wavey:

Leroy
02-20-2006, 08:23 PM
I rode down spring of 82 from Warner Robbins GA. Incredible week.Will probably never make it again....

SkiDog
02-20-2006, 08:30 PM
I go every year - twice! Biketober & bike week. Same ole crap year in, year out! Also been to Sturgis. NOTHING compares!

TMCNo1
02-20-2006, 08:42 PM
I go every year - twice! Biketober & bike week. Same ole crap year in, year out! Also been to Sturgis. NOTHING compares!

Skidog, knowing you i wonder how you even remember any of it! HA!

SkiDog
02-20-2006, 08:47 PM
You know my motto, Hold my beer and watch this! :toast:

TMCNo1
02-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Skidog, have you seen thread "practical jokes"? I want to, but I just can't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!RC's not on here to enjoy it, so it ain't worth it!

BriEOD
02-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Shep, I'm going to be in PC mid/late March visiting a buddy. You gonna be around?

SkiDog
02-20-2006, 09:30 PM
TMC,#1 where have you been?!?!?! Only I didn't do THE one.

shepherd
02-20-2006, 11:40 PM
Shep, I'm going to be in PC mid/late March visiting a buddy. You gonna be around?

I may be going up to VA during week of March 13, but not sure yet. Otherwise, I should be around. Send me a PM if you want to go for a ride, fish, ski and/or have a few cold ones.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Anybody going this year???

Thinking about it. I may take my bike next time I visit my buds in Orlando one of those weekends...
I wish I could make it.. One day I will.

Hoosier Bob
02-21-2006, 12:25 AM
No Harley but regularly for awhile I would go to Myrtle Beach Bike week in May. I always had a great time with buddies that were all Harley riders. I have ridden an old Honda Valkyrie for years and the Valk will probably be my last bike unless I buy another or a Wing. Supercharger is next! :D

erkoehler
02-21-2006, 10:01 AM
Not yet, and probably never.....

TMCNo1
02-21-2006, 04:43 PM
TMC,#1 where have you been?!?!?! Only I didn't do THE one.
I've been stumbling around here on TT, trying to contribute where I can, trying to learn some stuff , I think you know what I mean??????? In other words just paying attention!!!!!!! 8p :rolleyes: :confused:
See 'swimsuit pics", your lady is waiting for you!

shepherd
05-20-2006, 08:47 AM
While cruising around in my Picture Editor, I came across this shot: Momma on our hog at Thunder Beach in Panama City a few weeks ago. She can launch and drive the Mastercraft too!

We're not really into the "biker thing" but couldn't pass up the opportunity to check out the hometown happenings. :toast:

bigmac
05-20-2006, 11:53 AM
While cruising around in my Picture Editor, I came across this shot: Momma on our hog at Thunder Beach in Panama City a few weeks ago. She can launch and drive the Mastercraft too!

We're not really into the "biker thing" but couldn't pass up the opportunity to check out the hometown happenings. :toast:How did she get there? Two people on a Fat Boy without a pillion would be an extremely difficult ride... :)

Hoosier Bob
05-20-2006, 11:58 AM
That may be a Stinger seat? My guess is there is a bump on the back. Trailer then ride. Nice colors, early WWII fighter look. Cool shot and if no bump get off my fender! :D How did she get there? Two people on a Fat Boy without a pillion would be an extremely difficult ride... :)

shepherd
05-20-2006, 02:14 PM
How did she get there? Two people on a Fat Boy without a pillion would be an extremely difficult ride... :)

Actually, it's the stock two-up seat that came with the bike. You just can't see the hump behind her. I put it on whenever she wants to ride with me - about once a month. I usually have a solo seat on the bike. Gives it a sleeker, low rider look.

We live in Panama City, so it was only a five mile ride for us (plus another 5 or 10 cruising the beach), no trailer necessary. (This is Thunder Beach, not Bike Week in Daytona)

bigmac
05-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Actually, it's the stock two-up seat that came with the bike. You just can't see the hump behind her. I put it on whenever she wants to ride with me - about once a month. I usually have a solo seat on the bike. Gives it a sleeker, low rider look.

We live in Panama City, so it was only a five mile ride for us (plus another 5 or 10 cruising the beach), no trailer necessary. (This is Thunder Beach, not Bike Week in Daytona)

Cool. But I can assure you my wife wouldn't even ride 5 miles on that little patch of foam, and without a sissy bar :rolleyes: .

My solution to the sleeker look is HD Detachables (http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444876677 3&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302289679&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302289679&bmUID=1148145922873&bmLocale=en_US)

http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/32870813.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/32870808.jpg

shepherd
05-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Yeah, I've been looking at those. I'd at least like to get a detachable sissy bar and rack so I can put a bag on it for trips. Don't like wearing the backpack when I ride :cool: .

Nice bike mac! Looks really clean. Are those Vance & Hines pipes?

Hoosier Bob
05-20-2006, 09:57 PM
OK, where are the training wheels? Nice ride Mac! Synthetic right? :D Cool. But I can assure you my wife wouldn't even ride 5 miles on that little patch of foam, and without a sissy bar :rolleyes: .

My solution to the sleeker look is HD Detachables (http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444876677 3&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302289679&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302289679&bmUID=1148145922873&bmLocale=en_US)

http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/32870813.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/32870808.jpg

Hoosier Bob
05-20-2006, 10:14 PM
I can't do pictures worth a crap! Here is the Fat 6! :D
She is still wet after a 100 mile baker. I'll put her to bed after awhile.

Hoosier Bob
05-20-2006, 10:16 PM
We vacation there and abouts quite often. Maybe a ride is in order! ;) Actually, it's the stock two-up seat that came with the bike. You just can't see the hump behind her. I put it on whenever she wants to ride with me - about once a month. I usually have a solo seat on the bike. Gives it a sleeker, low rider look.

shepherd
05-20-2006, 10:45 PM
HB, that's is one cool lookin' ride. I won't even ask what kind of engine that is because if you told me I wouldn't know what the heck you were talking about ;) . Ok... what is that? I like those hard saddlebags too.

Hoosier Bob
05-20-2006, 11:08 PM
That is what I feel to be the ultimate Honda. Six cylinder Valkyrie but set up solo. The bags are on the Tourer model only. If you like a V you may not like this. Runs like a raped ape and tons of fun. I love it and ride it early and often. It looks a little Fugly compared to your rides but it is a different ride. Six carbs are fun to sync and gas mileage sucks but no other complaints. Thanks for asking as most forget about this different but fun ride. :D

SkiDog
05-21-2006, 09:56 AM
One of Skidog's rides!

TMCNo1
05-21-2006, 10:20 AM
One of Skidog's rides!

I say one of those in a cute box on the shelf at Wal-Mart the other day, looks real the way you got the picture staged! :uglyhamme :eek: :D

SkiDog
05-21-2006, 10:36 AM
You are a funny one! I'll try to post a pic at Myrtle Beach bike week with the Hustler Honey of the year! Yea, she's got clothes on!

bigmac
05-21-2006, 10:40 AM
I can't do pictures worth a crap! Here is the Fat 6! :D
She is still wet after a 100 mile baker. I'll put her to bed after awhile.

Jeez, what a monster...nice bike HB!

bigmac
05-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I've been looking at those. I'd at least like to get a detachable sissy bar and rack so I can put a bag on it for trips. Don't like wearing the backpack when I ride :cool: .

Nice bike mac! Looks really clean. Are those Vance & Hines pipes?A T-Bag (http://www.tbags.com/detail.aspx?ID=10&SelectedCat=4) on a sissy bar works really well on long trips. Mount it on the back side if there's a passenger, front side makes a nice back rest if solo.

VH Big Shots Staggered. They were about the first and only aftermarket parts of any kind I've used that installed perfectly with absolutely no modifications needed. I had a set of Python 3's on a previous Heritage, they had a sharper note that tended to be unpleasant. These VH have more of a rumble.

bigmac
05-21-2006, 10:55 AM
OK, where are the training wheels? Nice ride Mac! Synthetic right? :D

Actually, yes. Syn3 in engine, transmission, and chain case. I went that route because those Twin-Cam engines do run hot and I think the added protection is worthwhile, and with Syn3 I don't have to worry about clutch slippage which might be a problem with some synthetics (not naming names... :) .

I also added a Power Commander (http://www.powercommander.com/) to remap the EFI and lower the A/F ratio. The EPA has these bikes running so lean that it's painful. It dropped my mileage, but performance improved a lot, especially after I had it custom mapped on a dyno.

TMCNo1
05-21-2006, 10:56 AM
You are a funny one! I'll try to post a pic at Myrtle Beach bike week with the Hustler Honey of the year! Yea, she's got clothes on!

We love you man, :uglyhamme :uglyhamme That's our buddy Skidog!

Hoosier Bob
05-21-2006, 11:55 AM
I use the other brand (Mobile One). I had heard of the clutch issues but none of them were heard on the Goldwing forum. I figured if it was what they were using I could get by with it. I also use it in everything else so it makes my life easy. No baked clutch yet but gone through some tires. Once again sweet ride Mac! Nothing like a bike that can double up, single and carry 2 cases of beer in the bags. :toast: Actually, yes. Syn3 in engine, transmission, and chain case. I went that route because those Twin-Cam engines do run hot and I think the added protection is worthwhile, and with Syn3 I don't have to worry about clutch slippage which might be a problem with some synthetics (not naming names... :) .

I also added a Power Commander (http://www.powercommander.com/) to remap the EFI and lower the A/F ratio. The EPA has these bikes running so lean that it's painful. It dropped my mileage, but performance improved a lot, especially after I had it custom mapped on a dyno.

bigmac
05-21-2006, 12:37 PM
I use the other brand (Mobile One). I had heard of the clutch issues but none of them were heard on the Goldwing forum. I figured if it was what they were using I could get by with it. I also use it in everything else so it makes my life easy. No baked clutch yet but gone through some tires. Once again sweet ride Mac! Nothing like a bike that can double up, single and carry 2 cases of beer in the bags. :toast:Early use of synthetics in bikes and quads had reports of the clutch plates not grabbing well. I don't think it necessarily damaged the clutches, but the slipping was problematic from a performance standpoint. I believe that most or all of the manufacturers began using different clutch plate compounds, and it's not something one hears about anymore.

Amsoil or Mobil One would be reasonable choices in my bike too, but one has to be careful about warranty issues with a lot of Harley Davidson dealers. In addition, use of non-HD recommended maintenance gives some dealers an additional excuse to low-ball a trade-in offer.

lakes Rick
05-23-2006, 04:57 PM
Just got back from the Hells Canyon MC rally.. 4 days of alot of fun. Talking to one guy who had a Valkyrie.. Loved the bike but could only get about 20MPG with it. Couldn't haul enough gas in it to get anywhere ( what he said).. Me, just a fat white boy on a black fatboy.........

Hoosier Bob
05-23-2006, 07:40 PM
You can get better but not by much. My only complaints have been tires and fuel. 5.5 gallon tank and I am hitting reserve anywhere from 105-125 miles. I am guessing 24 avg. It is a very fun 100 and if you keep the throttle out of it I guess you could get better. I ride alot but usually one tank a day stuff. :o
Just got back from the Hells Canyon MC rally.. 4 days of alot of fun. Talking to one guy who had a Valkyrie.. Loved the bike but could only get about 20MPG with it. Couldn't haul enough gas in it to get anywhere ( what he said).. Me, just a fat white boy on a black fatboy.........