PDA

View Full Version : Houseboat Timeshares???

milkmania
02-20-2006, 03:23 PM
anybody got any insight to something like this?

6ballsisall
02-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Have family that did this. It can be good and can be bad depending on the other owners from what they tell me. Their situation turned out ok however some friends of theirs did it on another boat and it's been a nightmare. Make sure you know the other owners or at the least, get the feeling that they too will care for the boat like you would and when repairs are needed (they will, it's a boat :rolleyes: ) make sure they have the dough and the will to help out with those costs.

:twocents:

Leroy
02-20-2006, 03:44 PM
This was discussed on a thread not too long ago also. I couldn't find the thread easily.

6ballsisall
02-20-2006, 03:49 PM
I am trying to get Mag to do this. I think it would be great......he puts in all the time/work on making his boat even cooler and I'll share in the fun on the boat :D :steering:

Mag_Red
02-20-2006, 04:36 PM
I am trying to get Mag to do this. I think it would be great......he puts in all the time/work on making his boat even cooler and I'll share in the fun on the boat :D :steering:Dude.....I'm still waiting on your check :D

6ballsisall
02-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Dude.....I'm still waiting on your check :D

Check???? I thought I was promoted to "Director of Enjoy your hardwork?" :D

Footin
02-20-2006, 05:28 PM
The checks in the mail (and honest it's only a cold sore)

Gofast
02-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Milk,

I timeshare a Houseboat on Lake Eufala. Evergreen Marina. I get 1 week everyother year. Best vacation we've had. PM if you want more details. For my family it's great. I have the option of going to other lakes if I want, but really, it's more fun to hit this lake and invite friends down for the week.

vegashomeexpert
02-21-2006, 12:00 AM
I just got signed papers back for a week at Lake Powell in August (week 33). Went to Page in December and checked out about 10 boats from at least 4 different companies at 2 different storage facility. These were called "shared ownership" and not timeshare. You can only use the time on your boat, but if another owner does not use their time, you can work it out with them to use their time, or you can use any unsold time by paying the launch and retrieve fee. The big difference for us was the managment company and the storage facility. The management company pays all the bills, the storage company takes care of the servicing and cleaning, linens etc. We were mainly looking at 75' boats and all of them pretty much had the same emenities and floorplans, so it boiled down the management, service, and price. We have rented houseboats at Lake Powell the last 5 Augusts. With "shared ownership", we figure we will save $24,000 over renting for the next 5 years. Pretty huge numbers for us poor folks in Vegas! :D