PDA

View Full Version : Old MC key blanks?????

123src
02-19-2006, 03:45 AM
Ok guys,

It seems my dealer has struck out on finding me a couple of uncut key blanks for my '92 205. His suggestion was to put in a new ignition! I really like the old key style and would like to find a couple.

Does anyone have a clue where I could get my hands on some?

Thanks

east tx skier
02-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Uhhhhh, nope. I guess I always figured I could go have a copy made at WalMart or Lowes. Have you called up a local locksmith? My keys have the nifty little MC thing on them, but from what I can tell, it can be removed and put on newer keys.

Sounds like I'm pretty much dead wrong on all of this stuff, huh?

123src
02-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Thanks ETS.

It is that nifty little MasterCraft thing that i would like to have. I can get keys at the locksmith, but it just wouldn't be the same. I'm sure you can understand.....

There has to be some of these sitting around somewhere in a dealers back room......

AirJunky
02-19-2006, 02:24 PM
After someone leaned over & snapped that big round key off in the ignition, I pretty much avoided any big targets like the stock key. I have a much smaller version from a locksmith & it hasn't been broken off since.
Too bad MC didn't put the ignition over on the right instead, out of your passengers way.

east tx skier
02-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Thanks ETS.

It is that nifty little MasterCraft thing that i would like to have. I can get keys at the locksmith, but it just wouldn't be the same. I'm sure you can understand.....

There has to be some of these sitting around somewhere in a dealers back room......

So yours are gone I take it, not just broken?

TMCNo1
02-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Ok guys,

It seems my dealer has struck out on finding me a couple of uncut key blanks for my '92 205. His suggestion was to put in a new ignition! I really like the old key style and would like to find a couple.

Does anyone have a clue where I could get my hands on some?

Thanks

If I remember right per the MC parts dept. the keys are specific to the particular ignition set and there have never been any MC Blanks available for replacement purposes. If you have a particular key in mind and know the year model like your '02 205, get your dealer to try to get you a complete ignition switch with keys if they are still available. Over the years MC has changed styles of keys and you have a fairly good variety to choose from if you find one you like better than your original set.

123src
02-21-2006, 12:10 PM
OK guys,

Thanks for the answers. Not exactly good news for me, but at least I got the straight and narrow on the topic. The dealer did offer me a new key ignition set, but I really wanted the original key look for the early 90's. Oh well.....