PDA

View Full Version : An Alligator Lopper?

Ferdinand_DeMarco
02-17-2006, 05:15 PM
seems kind of senseless, but I just got this in my email notices

http://www.blackanddecker.com//ProductImages/PC_Graphics/PHOTOS/BDK/OUTDOOR_PRODUCTS/TOOLS/LARGE/1/LP1000_2.jpg

www.blackanddecker.com (http://www.blackanddecker.com/productguide/product-details.aspx?productid=9867&toolview=5#)

88 PS190
02-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Watch your fingers... like a chainsaw mixed w/ clipper.

sassydog
02-17-2006, 06:04 PM
what the heck is it for. you can't cut logs with it, far to excess for trimming the hedges. perfect example of testosterone directed improperly. whos was on that design board? the aligator on the blade is the icing on the cake for this trainwreck of a yard tool. 'cause if a chainsawisn't dangerous enough, you need sharp jagged teeth swiveling up and down about the blade. :rant:

ski_king
02-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Maybe a little safer than a chainsaw, but will only do 10% of the work of a chainsaw. Not for me....
http://www.blackanddecker.com//ProductImages/PC_Graphics/PHOTOS/BDK/OUTDOOR_PRODUCTS/TOOLS/LARGE/1/LP1000_A2.jpg

88 PS190
02-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Personally for a branch like that i'd rather use a hand trimmer, or hand saw, than run the extension cord out into the yard, dig that out of the closet, sharpen its chain, and then finally cut a 3" branch. Though maybe a cordless version called the Christmas Tree Chomper or such could be useful... Cause we all know what its like to kneel in the snow for 15 min getting *****ed by the tree. Would probably need to cut up to 7 inches or so for that though.

Leroy
02-17-2006, 08:27 PM
If the top guard moves up to allow you to cut all the way through, pretty good.

Ferdinand_DeMarco
02-17-2006, 09:51 PM
If the top guard moves up to allow you to cut all the way through, pretty good.

it appears to move.... video link is below the image at their website labeled "view Product Demo" http://www.blackanddecker.com/productguide/product-details.aspx?productid=9867&toolview=5#

Hoosier Bob
02-17-2006, 09:57 PM
WFT is waiting for Porter Cable to come out with theirs! Gas or Nitro of course! :D

Hoosier Bob
02-17-2006, 11:51 PM
I see you are online. Do you have a nick name? I have a hard time calling anyone Ferdinand! No offense but I hope your parents worked a little harder! Mine actually came up with Bob all by themselves! :D

Ferdinand_DeMarco
02-17-2006, 11:53 PM
I see you are online. Do you have a nick name? I have a hard time calling anyone Ferdinand! No offense but I hope your parents worked a little harder! Mine actually came up with Bob all by themselves! :D

Well!

I am actually Ferdinand III :mad:

but you can call me Bob, if you must :rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
02-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Sorry wildman! With a name like that you either kicked or got an arse kicking early and often! Bob it is! ;) Well!

I am actually Ferdinand III :mad:

but you can call me Bob, if you must :rolleyes:

Ferdinand_DeMarco
02-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Sorry wildman! With a name like that you either kicked or got an arse kicking early and often! Bob it is! ;)

actually that caught me off guard and I took it personal.... sorry about that..... my middle name is Xavier

but the guy's down at the shipping docks don't take a liking to Ferdinand much either, so they just call me Fred :)

Mabel just calls me when it's time to eat ;)

Leroy
02-18-2006, 12:02 AM
Yes, the top does move. I like this thing more and more expecially after knowing couple of people that have cut off their legs.

it appears to move.... video link is below the image at their website labeled "view Product Demo" http://www.blackanddecker.com/productguide/product-details.aspx?productid=9867&toolview=5#

Hoosier Bob
02-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Fred will do! I have arthritus so the shorter the better! How about an alter ego like X-MAN! Working with your middle name of course! :) actually that caught me off guard and I took it personal.... sorry about that..... my middle name is Xavier

but the guy's down at the shipping docks don't take a liking to Ferdinand much either, so they just call me Fred :)

Mabel just calls me when it's time to eat ;)

Sumbeach
02-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Yes, the top does move. I like this thing more and more expecially after knowing couple of people that have cut off their legs.

I thought it was a new product???? :confused:

heck for $100.00 you could always take it back to wal-mart 8p

Sumbeach
02-18-2006, 12:06 AM
Fred will do! I have arthritus so the shorter the better! How about an alter ego like X-MAN! Working with your middle name of course! :)

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Hoosier Bob
02-18-2006, 12:11 AM
Allright X-MAN. 70 years old and still down by the loading docks? I hope you are supervising! Mr. Demarco where would you like me to put this pallet of ball bearings! Your profile is vague at best. QUit messin and update your info. Unless you are Banana George I am having a hard time with the 1937 thing. Transpo? 1973? :D

Ferdinand_DeMarco
02-18-2006, 12:24 AM
I was born 1937, I'd let you ask my father.

but he passed away last year, 93 years old.

I tried to edit my profile, but it gives me some kind of error.
I cannot even add one of those cite little picture thing by my name.

but, Mabel always says if it ain't broke don't fix it.

she really get's on my nerves sometimes.

Hoosier Bob
02-18-2006, 12:29 AM
Sorry about your pops. You need to edit your CP and add boat owned or wanted, interests etc... We love T Talkin but the goal is to move your extreme but aged arse into our world! Age is nothing if you can still roll! My old man was born in 27 and is still 6'5" 245 lbs! Sure I can take him now but in his day he was bad! Get with the program! We ain't cuttin' trees here! You have a head start over a lot of us! Fill us in my X-MAN!I was born 1937, I'd let you ask my father.

but he passed away last year, 93 years old.

I tried to edit my profile, but it gives me some kind of error.
I cannot even add one of those cite little picture thing by my name.

but, Mabel always says if it ain't broke don't fix it.

she really get's on my nerves sometimes.