PDA

View Full Version : any body use trick skis anymore

atlfootr
02-17-2006, 03:22 PM
Does any body use trick skis anymore?NOT IN THIS LIFETIME :firejump:

atlfootr - middleman

east tx skier
02-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Why are footers always posing like that? :) I'm kind of serious though. I have all the respect in the world for the people who can barefoot. I certainly haven't gotten up long line. I just kept wondering when I was watching The Secret Spot dvd. It was like giving the thumbs up was one of the tricks you learn.

Example from a GIS on the subject.

ski_king
02-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Why are footers always posing like that? :) I'm kind of serious though.......
Too many face plants, at least that was my excuse.

88 PS190
02-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Doesn't it simply scream I'M HARDCORE!!!

If they were throwing peace signs it'd be a major difference eh?

east tx skier
02-17-2006, 04:34 PM
Too many face plants, at least that was my excuse.

Now that's funny!

atlfootr
02-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Why are footers always posing like that? :rant: I didn't even look that close at the pic' -
We're all in the same stance, lft hand on handle and rt. fist up.

Can I photo chop it or is it to late :uglyhamme

ajgressette
03-15-2006, 09:16 PM
I have a Skitt Skatt made by Cypress Gardens. Its about a 30" ski w/ two toe holes. Also have a Flying Disk by Cypress Gardens . Both have to be from the mid 60's all wood construction. :banana:

rodltg2
03-15-2006, 09:18 PM
i guess ill answer the orignal question,... i trick every once in awhile

erkoehler
03-15-2006, 09:22 PM
I combo trick ski whenever the water is too rough for footin, or my feet are burnt out.

rodltg2
03-15-2006, 09:25 PM
i had a combo set until i ran over one with the boat trailer. needless to say, i only trick on one now..

AHudgins
03-15-2006, 10:01 PM
I use trick skis every weekend. You use the same stance footing as trick skis so it really helps with the barefooting form. I mostly use the trick skis to practice one foot wake crossings. I noticed a couple of those guys with their knees bent in and doing a little plowing. Get on those trick skis and practice gliding across the water, standing up straight with the knees "slightly" bent. Once I got my son to glide rather than plow he actually started to enjoy barefooting more. Of course he still hasn't learned at what point he is too far "forward" until he does a face plant, but he is learning.

flipper
03-15-2006, 10:48 PM
I haven't for a long time, but if anybody out there is thinking of selling theirs, let me know. I use to have a blast on tricks.

H20skeefreek
03-16-2006, 08:57 AM
Why are footers always posing like that? :) I'm kind of serious though. I have all the respect in the world for the people who can barefoot. I certainly haven't gotten up long line. I just kept wondering when I was watching The Secret Spot dvd. It was like giving the thumbs up was one of the tricks you learn.

Is that Ron Jeremy?

Farmer Ted
03-16-2006, 09:05 AM

I bet if it were studied, you would find that most barefooters play wicked air guitar.

just sayin...

east tx skier
03-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Is that Ron Jeremy?

That's what I thought when I saw him. Foot'n with the Hedgehog!

atlfootr
04-12-2006, 10:53 PM
I bet if it were studied, you would find that most barefooters play wicked air guitar.just sayin...Not always the case, most times we're to busy to do anything else BUT foot!

betsy&david Harrison
04-13-2006, 12:11 AM
We try to use ours every year. We just use it to be silly and goof off with though. We do have some serious trickers out where we ski though. Impressive to watch!