PDA

View Full Version : My favorite subject: Beer

slalomskifreak
02-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Just curious as to the different favorite beer brands out there. Some of mine are: (From my Seattle days)
1)Redhook (IPA,ESB,Blackhook,Winterhook)
2)Alaskan Amber
3)Full Sail Ale
4)Pike Place Market XXXXX Stout
5)Thomas Kemper

I'm kinda like Bubba from Forrest Gump. I have had just about every type of beer there is to have. Always looking for new ones. I also make my own. Is it beer:30 yet? What about you?

Curt

ski36short
02-15-2006, 08:11 PM
Locally I usually drink Labatt's Blue Light or Newcastle. Gotta have a few Fat Tires when visiting the west... can't find it anywhere around here for some reason.

Oh and the semi-official beer of my ski club is Mic Light. Not sure how that happened, but that's what the cooler is usually full of. I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain when it's full, we just get to work on it!

Hoosier Bob
02-15-2006, 08:23 PM
Began life on Watneys Stout. Hard to find so in the late 80's switched to Guinness. I have always been a one beer guy. Coors if it is near oil change time (synthetic). :D

Leroy
02-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Normally cheap light beer (natural light), but I do like Corona, Tecata, Pacifica, and several Belgium beers you cannot get here (Jupiler, Stella Artois, Maes Pils and for a one beer limit, Duvel 10-12%).

College days were full of Blatz, Weideman, Red/White and BLue, Milwaukee's best, Ballentine, Goebel, and many other beers from the far corner of the beer shelf!

LakePirate
02-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Coors Light on for the norm

Other than that Shiner Bock, Stella, Tecate, and Sol.

east tx skier
02-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Just curious as to the different favorite beer brands out there. Some of mine are: (From my Seattle days)
1)Redhook (IPA,ESB,Blackhook,Winterhook)
2)Alaskan Amber
3)Full Sail Ale
4)Pike Place Market XXXXX Stout
5)Thomas Kemper

I'm kinda like Bubba from Forrest Gump. I have had just about every type of beer there is to have. Always looking for new ones. I also make my own. Is it beer:30 yet? What about you?

Curt

I make the stuff, too.

I've got Dos Equis in the keg right now. I got lazy and didn't have time to brew before having a party, so I just bought a 1/2 barrel of the stuff. I've got an IPA kit that I'm looking for some time to brew (have been for a while). Hope the yeast is still good. Pacifica Clara's good, too.

Fat Tire or New Belgium's 1554 is good. Love the Anchorsteam, too. Shiner Bock or their Hefeweizen is a good standby. If it's cheap you want, Lone Star will do in a pinch.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Sam Smith's Nut Brown, Oatmeal Stout or Imperial Stout.

Dogfish Head 60 min. IPA is nice.

And so many more.

Anyone else getting thirsty?

JEREMY79
02-15-2006, 09:40 PM
bought a case of Lone Star last week. Not bad

Danimal
02-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Generally I drink Miller High Life but I do enjoy Pilsner Urquell if drinking outside the box.

east tx skier
02-15-2006, 09:54 PM

Ever notice that the little brain teasers under the caps get harder to figure out as the night goes on? Why do I always pick the easy ones first? :D

Hoosier Bob
02-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Sorry but I forgot to mention cold beer. I like cold beer. Cold B E E R.
I really like cold beer alot. Yes I do! C O L D B E E R. COLD BEER! HCOOOLSDIBEERER. That is Hoosier and cold beer together, a perfect fit! Cold beer! Peas and carrots!:D

JEREMY79
02-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Never noticed that. We bought a case at work. $10.99. cheap enough
Long Live Longnecks.

east tx skier
02-15-2006, 10:09 PM
Check it out next time. They're fun (and get more fun each time you do them for some reason).

Did I mention that it's the National Beer of Texas?

River Rat
02-15-2006, 10:31 PM
never cared for Lone Star to much my dad drank the h&ll out of it when I was a kid....... steel cans with with real beer tabs you pull off to open :guitar:

River Rat
02-15-2006, 10:32 PM
oh and Bud Light for me :o

DrNautica
02-15-2006, 10:47 PM
When you've said B-U-D-W-E-I-S-E-R, you've said it all. :toast:

Try Michelob Amber Bock on tap. That stuff is smooooth.

For a great stout, try Bare Knuckle Stout (draught only as far as I know.) :toast:

Someone mentioned Mic Light. I don't pick it up much but that just might be the best domestic light beer ever brewed.

And when the budget just won't budge... it's Natty Light to the rescue! :toast:

Larryp
02-15-2006, 10:50 PM
you did what, that stuff cost 8.00 a case in Texas, I know its at least 6.00 a six pack out east. Controll yourself, It's ok but not to buy. If you want Texas stick with pearl or Shiner. Pearl is now made with Lonestar though.

River Rat
02-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Has anyone tried the Bud Select??

Larryp
02-15-2006, 10:53 PM
At least Lonestar cost that much when I forsaked my heritaged and moved to MA a few years back. It was my link.

Larryp
02-15-2006, 10:53 PM
I tried the Bud select, not much different.

Hoosier Bob
02-15-2006, 10:54 PM
No but I have selected some pretty good bud! Not on this thread though! :D Has anyone tried the Bud Select??

Leroy
02-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Marketing....

I tried the Bud select, not much different.

DrNautica
02-15-2006, 11:04 PM
Has anyone tried the Bud Select??

Yes. It's a very good light beer. Most people dont realize that Bud Select IS a light beer. 3.1 grams of carbs and something like 95 calories. I prefer Bud Light to Bud Select. Bud Select was made to compete with LITE. In my humble opinion, Select is better than LITE but then, I think LITE tastes like dog piss. No, I haven't had dog piss recently.

Then there's the issue that Miller Brewing is no longer an American Owned company. SABMiller is the parent company and the SAB stands for South African Brewing. They are, however, based out of the UK.
Personally, my beer dollars will stay in the USofA.

SteveO
02-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Mic Ultra, Coors light when in the mood for light beer
Hard to beat Negra Modelo when I need the best Mexican beer IMO

jraben8
02-15-2006, 11:22 PM
you did what, that stuff cost 8.00 a case in Texas, I know its at least 6.00 a six pack out east. Controll yourself, It's ok but not to buy. If you want Texas stick with pearl or Shiner. Pearl is now made with Lonestar though.

I grew up pulling those tabs off Pearl cans for my dad...

stevo137
02-15-2006, 11:25 PM
[QUOTE=Leroy]Normally cheap light beer (natural light), but I do like Corona, Tecata, Pacifica, and several Belgium beers you cannot get here (Jupiler, Stella Artois, Maes Pils and for a one beer limit, Duvel 10-12%).

You can get Stella here all day long Leroy and it's great on tap...

stevo137
02-15-2006, 11:29 PM
There is a beer that I miss called Mamba. It was brewed in Africa and was outstanding. I used to call it laughing beer because it seemd to get us bombed on our a**!
Dicks last resort used to sell it by the pail full of bottles on ice...

twieder
02-15-2006, 11:58 PM
Cheep beer (Bush Light) Can be made much better. Try droppin a lime wedge in your favorite! Poor mans Corona! A good lager I found is Grolsch. It's from Holland and still uses a stopper top!

88 PS190
02-16-2006, 12:05 AM
Grain Belt.. its a pbr product. otherwise coronas or becks

jraben8
02-16-2006, 12:08 AM
But I did just take a quick inventory and have Ultra, Fosters, Red Stripe, Coopers (its a pale Fosters essentially) and some Tequiza for the women...

east tx skier
02-16-2006, 12:47 AM

A friend of mine lived in D.C. several years back. He told me about a place called the Austin Grill that had Lone Star and Shiner on tap for $6.75 per pint. I laughed!

Are they still made together. They'd moved from San Antonio to Longview for a while. Where are they now? MA, really?

east tx skier
02-16-2006, 12:49 AM

Yeah, here, too. Good stuff.

east tx skier
02-16-2006, 12:50 AM
But I did just take a quick inventory and have Ultra, Fosters, Red Stripe, Coopers (its a pale Fosters essentially) and some Tequiza for the women...

Ahh, forgot red stripe. Always a winner.

gosioux
02-16-2006, 12:52 AM
My favorite beer is Warsteiner Dunkel. Anybody else ever drink this? It is hard to find but well worth it. They do make a light Warsteiner, but I find the dark one (dunkel) is much better. It is the smoothest dark beer I've tasted.

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2006, 12:52 AM
I am now running low on my favorite! :mad: Ahh, forgot red stripe. Always a winner.

JEREMY79
02-16-2006, 07:22 AM
Lone Star was 10.99 for one case here and 18.99 for two. we bought two at work.

Bud Select is the beer of choice for the work fidge. Not much diffrent than BL.

All time favcorite is Dos Equies Amber.

bradamerry
02-16-2006, 07:47 AM
Miller High Life Lite or Miller Lite...

Coors Lite is OK too.

Kevin 89MC
02-16-2006, 10:14 AM
OK, now I'm really thirsty after reading this thread, and it's 9:00 in the morning! I agree, when is it going to be "beer:30"!

My "regulars":
Guinness in the winter
Newcastle in the fall/spring/winter
Bass Ale in the Summer
Hocker Pschorr Weiss in the summer/fall
Other favorites:
Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout, Nut Brown Ale, Taddy Porter, Imperial Stout
Watney's stout
Spaten Optimator
Gosser dark
Paulaner or Hocker Pschorr Oktoberfest
I've had Warsteiner Dunkel back in the day as well, very good beer!
My current favorite is Moose Drool Brown Ale. The wife discovered this one on a trip to Montana (where it is brewed). Probably the best brown ale I've ever had, and I've had a lot!
There is a bar here called Old Chicago that prided themselves on having the widest beer selection. If you drank 110 different ones, you got your name on the wall. My friends and I are on there a few times!

LakePirate
02-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Free Beer is my absolute favorite..

richardsoncd
02-16-2006, 10:50 AM
-Terrapin & Sweetwater 420 (local brews in Atlanta and Athens)
-Coors Light
-Keg Beer

jbfootin
02-16-2006, 10:57 AM
My favorite beer...usually the 3rd one. :headbang:

Thats when I usually hit my stride!

jbfootin
02-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Actually I drink Bud light or Busch light...If I am treating myself or someplace with micro brew, a good wheat or Wiess beer, with a lemon.

slalomskifreak
02-16-2006, 11:15 AM
We can now get Smithwick's in the keg or bottle here. If your ever in Indy, stop by Shallo's brewhouse on the south side. They claim to have the largest selection in the Midwest. I'm not sure if they do, but they sure have at least a couple of hundred.

Fat Tire can be purchased west of the Mississippi. I get mine in St Louis

Anyone ever had Olympia Dark? I had it at the brewery in Oly, sure was good. I can't find it anywhere else.

richardsoncd
02-16-2006, 11:30 AM
We can now get Smithwick's in the keg or bottle here. If your ever in Indy, stop by Shallo's brewhouse on the south side. They claim to have the largest selection in the Midwest. I'm not sure if they do, but they sure have at least a couple of hundred.

Fat Tire can be purchased west of the Mississippi. I get mine in St Louis

Anyone ever had Olympia Dark? I had it at the brewery in Oly, sure was good. I can't find it anywhere else.

Smithwicks is awesome, but can get you in trouble quick if you don't know what your getting into....man I wish we could get some Fat Tire out here, oh well.

etduc
02-16-2006, 11:32 AM
You guys are making me thirsty.

Here's a linkie to ordering Fattire, and other hard to get. Must be 21.

http://www.bevmo.com/productlist.asp?Ntt=fattire&Ntk=All&D=fattire&Nty=1

Lone Star and Pearl brewed, mainly in Ft. Worth.
Use to pay 99 cents a six pack for Shriner Bock! (Back in the chili cook-off days.)

I drink Boddington's Pale Ale, when I fill a little saucey. :banana:

slalomskifreak
02-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Awsome link. Too bad that Indiana won't get into the 21st century. Can't ship beer/wine in/out of Indiana. :mad:

etduc
02-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Dude,

You need to move, closer to beer. :dance:

LakePirate
02-16-2006, 11:55 AM
You guys are killing me with the cheap shiner.

Here in GA it is premium beer and gets premium prices.

In TX when I have visited it was the beer special $2.00 pitchers
Couldn't believe it.

BrianM
02-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Our everyday beer is either Coors Light or Bud Select. Been really liking the Abita Restoration Ale lately though. Also like the Abita Light. I really prefer the light imports. Most of the Mexicans especially Pacifico and also Nego Modelo (darker). Also been really into the Asian beers lately as well.

etduc
02-16-2006, 12:21 PM
You guys are killing me with the cheap shiner.

Here in GA it is premium beer and gets premium prices.

In TX when I have visited it was the beer special $2.00 pitchers
Couldn't believe it.

Shriner is premium price here, too. 99 cent six, was late 70's.

Leroy
02-16-2006, 12:24 PM
You are right, actually I did have a Stella on tap recently here at the local pub. It was good, but believe it has to be pasteurized to make it over here and in Belgium it isn't. Fat tire is an American beer that isn't pasteurized as well. My local beer stores do not have Stella, only Delirium Tremors and a couple of strong dark beers.

tex
02-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Every day beer-Miller Light-It matches my boat.

I love when Shiner gets thrown in with imports here in town..Hello..

I love all German Beers and all Japanesse Beers.

Don't do Hefevitzen(bad speller)

east tx skier
02-16-2006, 12:43 PM
I love all German Beers and all Japanesse Beers.

Did you know that Kirin Itchibahn (sp) is brewed by Anheuser Busch now?

tex
02-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Kirin and Soporo almost went out of business when I came back from Japan

Rockman
02-16-2006, 02:04 PM
We have a beer fridge in the basement and it usually is pretty well stocked.

We have:

Miller Light
Miller Hi life
Miller Genuine Draft
Miller Genuine Draft Light
Bud
Bud Light
Bud Select
Corona
Guiness
Hacker
Blue Moon
Coors Light
Rolling Rock
Hard Mike's Lemonade
Red Stripe
Heineken
Amstel Light
Sam Adams
Few Micros

A 40 of Old English (for when Sassy Dog he comes over)
A bottle of "pedialight" (for when Sassy Dog comes over)

For my "real" close friends, always have a few Blatz and Schlitz in cans :headbang:

I basically stay with Miller light, Hacker and Blue Mooners. And I've known to have a Jack and Coke from time to time. :D

I wish they sold Yiengling Beer around here. But no one has it. :confused: Anyone have it by them?

LakePirate
02-16-2006, 02:20 PM
From what I understand Yiengling is only sold in Pennsylvania, Florida, the Carolinas, New York and South Alabama (Mobile)

I love it, had some this past weekend in Myrtle Beach.

Hey Rockman - I would have figured the Miller High Life was for your "friends"

richardsoncd
02-16-2006, 03:44 PM
You guys are making me thirsty.

Here's a linkie to ordering Fattire, and other hard to get. Must be 21.

http://www.bevmo.com/productlist.asp?Ntt=fattire&Ntk=All&D=fattire&Nty=1

Lone Star and Pearl brewed, mainly in Ft. Worth.
Use to pay 99 cents a six pack for Shriner Bock! (Back in the chili cook-off days.)

I drink Boddington's Pale Ale, when I fill a little saucey. :banana:

Won't work for GA....good old bible belt, I guess I will just have to drink my fill when I am in San Fran next month

AirJunky
02-16-2006, 04:18 PM
You won't find Oly any more. After many years of brewing, they went out of business.

As a kid growing up in Houston, I remember my dad drinking Lone Star & Shiner. Then in my 20s living in Seattle, I drank about anything as long as their was a lot of it, Rainier, Bud, Miller, etc.

I must have gotten old. I can't drink any of that pi$$ anymore. Red Hook ESB, Pyramid Hefeweizen or Alaskan Amber from the grocery store.
Or Mac & Jack's African Amber if I'm in a bar or buying a keg. I have a buddy who calls it the nectar of the gods..... :toast:

east tx skier
02-16-2006, 04:25 PM
So Alaskan Amber is an alt. Good to know. May see if I can order some.

east tx skier
02-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Nope, can't order beer and liquor, just wine. Stupid Texas.

etduc
02-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Nope, can't order beer and liquor, just wine. Stupid Texas.

Crap.
Been awhile, since I ordered from them. Was a good source for hard to get wine. I guess someone, started enforcing the law.

Well... it's back to boot-legging.

AirJunky
02-16-2006, 04:59 PM
BTW, you Corona drinkers know that even the Mexicans won't drink that stuff? Whoever markets it is awesome at their job.

east tx skier
02-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Crap.
Been awhile, since I ordered from them. Was a good source for hard to get wine. I guess someone, started enforcing the law.

Well... it's back to boot-legging.

Hey, etduc, you ever find that 205 you were looking for? How's the lake water situation over there?

east tx skier
02-16-2006, 05:07 PM
BTW, you Corona drinkers know that even the Mexicans won't drink that stuff? Whoever markets it is awesome at their job.

I've never had a sip of that stuff. Something about the tint and the clear bottle. My imagination won't let me try it.

etduc
02-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Hey, etduc, you ever find that 205 you were looking for? How's the lake water situation over there?

Na, quit looking. Gonna keep the Tristar one more year, it's probably better at going through mud, with the low water levels.
Did happen by Perki Power Plant lake, a couple weeks ago. Water level is at normal levels, and relatively warm. I'm going to be by there, in the next couple of days, I'll let you know the conditions.

Sorry, for the thread jack.

This thread needs Beer Swimsuit Team pictures! :guitar: :banana:

east tx skier
02-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Yeah, keep me posted on Perkey/Perki. Caddo is pretty low where we have our course. I hope the river is still useable.

The big lakes around here are way down. Tyler was inaccessible last I heard. My secret spot is still full of water though.

JEREMY79
02-16-2006, 05:35 PM
What about Sam Adams Light??

Why is this in Watersports??

etduc
02-16-2006, 05:49 PM

Shhhh..

It's a secret.

tex
02-16-2006, 08:21 PM
Give me a PBR over Corona any day.

east tx skier
02-16-2006, 08:25 PM
That brings back memories. Austin, TX. Black Cat Lounge. Free hot dogs. 30 degree PBR in the can for $1.

JEREMY79
02-16-2006, 08:25 PM
a g r e e d

RedStar
02-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Sam Adams is good. I also recommend Heineken in moderation, no more than 12 to 15 at a time. Moose Head from time to time. And what ever happened to fire-brewed Stroh's? Haven't had one of them in a long time.

AirJunky
02-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Give me a PBR over Corona any day.HEhe, good boat beer, thats what PBR is.

RedStar
02-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Natural Lite is proof that goose turds can be fermented and liquefied. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Leroy
02-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Just send those extra corona's my way.:friday:PBR and BUD's tend to give me a head ache.

Give me a PBR over Corona any day.

Leroy
02-16-2006, 09:37 PM
Now I know I won't have you stealing my beers!

Natural Lite is proof that goose turds can be fermented and liquefied. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

RedStar
02-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Oh, no offense.

Leroy
02-16-2006, 09:53 PM
None taken, friends have kidded me for year on some of my cheap habits.

SteveO
02-16-2006, 10:58 PM
In Texas heat in the middle of summer the cheap light beers with enough ice on them taste great and go down oh so easy. "I like the way it tickles the back of my throat"... Anyone?

AirJunky
02-16-2006, 11:07 PM
".... tickles the back of my throat".........hehehe, I get that from a Coke. ;)
Just kickin back & havin a Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde. About as light as I like'em. Sam's Light was OK too.

east tx skier
02-16-2006, 11:44 PM

Don't forget that Bud is beechwood aged, brewed with fresh water and hop. That's right, I said hop.

twieder
02-16-2006, 11:49 PM
None taken, friends have kidded me for year on some of my cheap habits.
Hay Mag, atleast ya drink Natie and not Milwaukees Best or :eek3: Strohs! :uglyhamme

lakes Rick
02-16-2006, 11:52 PM
You boys like to drink some real piss water beers..

At one time the big thing in Oregon was driving to California to buy Coors when it was illegal.. I still cannot believe we drove all the way there for that watered down rain water....

Fat Tire is absolutely the smoothest most flavorful beer in the world.

east tx skier
02-17-2006, 12:25 AM
Rick, if you like Fat Tire, you should try New Belgium's 1554 Black Ale.

X94DJ
02-17-2006, 12:38 AM
This is one of my first posts, the reason BEER! Here in far Northern Cali (Redding) we are very close to the Sierra Nevada Brewery and on the coast (Eureka). There is a brewery called Lost Coast. LC makes a Dark ale called Downtown Brown. Genius!! Sierra has a wheat beer that is great.

almost forgot, 2005 X-9, red and white.

etduc
02-17-2006, 09:18 AM
[QUOTE=RedStar]Sam Adams is good. I also recommend Heineken in moderation, no more than 12 to 15 at a time. Moose Head from time to time. And what ever happened to fire-brewed Stroh's? Haven't had one of them in a long time.[/QUOTE

Fire brewed Stroh's, one the all-time greats. Just wasn't the same, after Shlitz bought Stroh's in the early 80's. (NO longer fire-brewed.) :cry:

east tx skier
02-17-2006, 10:05 AM
This is one of my first posts, the reason BEER! Here in far Northern Cali (Redding) we are very close to the Sierra Nevada Brewery and on the coast (Eureka). There is a brewery called Lost Coast. LC makes a Dark ale called Downtown Brown. Genius!! Sierra has a wheat beer that is great.

Welcome! I think I had DTB once, but it's been a while. Sierra Nevada started off as a guy in a homebrew club. It's still bottle conditioned, i.e., naturally carbonated with sugar.

slalomskifreak
02-17-2006, 08:00 PM

I am sorry for starting this in the wrong section. I guess I just go a little over zealous while thinking about beer. You guys have mentioned a lot of great beers.

Has anyone had this one yet? It's pretty good.

slalomskifreak
02-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Or how about this one? This one is for my co-worker who calls himself the "Alpha Male"???!!!!! Kinda pricey, but worth it.

slalomskifreak
02-17-2006, 08:12 PM

Welcome, I love SN. Especially this one.

RedStar
02-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Skoal, brother.

Leroy
02-17-2006, 08:31 PM
I agree Redstar. Buds hurt me also, and light never. In white wine the higher level of sulfites cause many people to have h/o's, including my wife. She will likely have a migraine if she drinks white wine.

RedStar
02-17-2006, 09:01 PM
I've had instant headaches with wine, but I still like it on occasion.

bucky
02-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Right now in my fridge I have Grolsh, Sam Adams, and Sapporo. I'm out of Warsteiner (my fav). You can only get real beer at the liquor store in Oklahoma, and it costs a fortune. Good thing I only drink 1 a day.
On a related note, if any of you are in Nassau, and you see some stuff advertised as the national beer of the Bahamas (can't remember the name), avoid it like the plague.

88 PS190
02-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Friend has used it, says it only works up to the point where you vomit, then the hang overs were back.

east tx skier
02-17-2006, 10:36 PM
I've had instant headaches with wine, but I still like it on occasion.
I heard a radio spot this week for an anti-hangover product. It may have been called Chaser, sounded like a charcoal tablet to filter out the impurities. Said to have one with the first drink and another later in the eve. Sold at drugstores like cvs, walgreens. I don't know if they work or not, but I'll probably try one out sometime.
Anybody tried this stuff?

In my experience, chaser is pretty much worthless. I think it's just antiacid. ICBW. I have better luck drinking a bunch of water and taking a multivitamin before I go to bed.

PendO
02-17-2006, 10:38 PM
Right now in my fridge I have Grolsh, Sam Adams, and Sapporo. I'm out of Warsteiner (my fav). You can only get real beer at the liquor store in Oklahoma, and it costs a fortune. Good thing I only drink 1 a day.
On a related note, if any of you are in Nassau, and you see some stuff advertised as the national beer of the Bahamas (can't remember the name), avoid it like the plague.

So where does the basketball coach buy his beer?

CBergerson
08-07-2007, 11:59 AM
Cool! A beer thread.

I like Fat Tire, but haven't been able to find it in MN. I heard it might be coming back, though. Anyone heard this?

My favorite is Gordon Biersch, a brewpub/brewery in California and other places Western. A Marzen fresh from the tap is a wonderful thing!! I have to pay about $75 ($27 shipping) to get a case of bottles (not as good) from an online beer store. Ouch!!

I recently tried Alaskan Amber and that was very tasty. I got some excellent Steelhead Scotch Porter from the online beer store also.

I recently moved from the Twin Cities to a smaller community and the beer selection at the local liquor stores is pretty sad!! :(

S&S1984
08-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Kalik, the official nasty beer of the Bahama's.

You should try an Abita Turbo Dog on draft.

Catfish73
08-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Just moved to Denton, TX from the Northeast Louisiana area and I’m going to miss all the Abita Beer’s especially Abita Amber. Guess I will have to start drinking Shiner Bock.

Rockman
08-07-2007, 02:00 PM
I like Fat Tire, but haven't been able to find it in MN. I heard it might be coming back, though. Anyone heard this?

:(

We have Phat Tire here in Chicago and the surrounding burbs. It isn't bad...don't like it enough to keep a 12 pack on hand. The bottles are about $3.00 each at the local Cardinal Liquor Store.

SkiDog
08-07-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm a Mich. Ultra fan myself. Bud light is my 2nd choice. Got a hold of some Schlitz Malt liquor when I was 16. Spent the next 4 hours in the gray bar hotel!:D :mad: It's no fun calling dear ole dad to come to the slammer to get you out!:o :(

JohnE
08-07-2007, 06:42 PM
In my experience, chaser is pretty much worthless. I think it's just antiacid. ICBW. I have better luck drinking a bunch of water and taking a multivitamin before I go to bed.

If you read the instructions on the chaser you take one with a glass of water after every drink. If I drank a glass of water after every drink, I'd never get hungover (or drunk) in the first place.:rolleyes:

h20_skidog
08-09-2007, 12:52 PM