PDA

View Full Version : What kind of fluids do should I use?

richardsoncd
02-15-2006, 02:42 PM
I plan on changing my oil and transmission fluid in my 79 S&S this weekend, it will be my first time doing so...what kind of oil and what kind of transmission fluid should I use, just the same as I would use in my truck or is it marine specific? Thanks.

east tx skier
02-15-2006, 03:19 PM
I have a 351 HO. I called Indmar 2 years ago and they told me Pennzoil 15W40. In my opinion, brand is unimportant.

For my velvet drive 1:1, I use Dexron III. Double check on this one as I seem to recall some older trannies using something different.

Footin
02-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Here comes the great debate of dino vs synthetic oils!

I run Mobil 15w-50 in the motor and Mobil 1 synthetic trans fluid in the transmission.

east tx skier
02-15-2006, 03:32 PM
My defense and support for what I use in my boat is my ignorance on the subject. I asked the question several years ago and got 50 different answers. Hence, my phone call to Indmar. Those with a more intimate knowledge of what it all means can run whatever they like and it'll probably be as good or better than what Indmar said.

My initial confusion, years ago, was that my manual suggested SAE 30.

roddydog
02-15-2006, 03:32 PM
Manual for an 88 PS (I have a 90 so it's pretty much the same).
Tranny-Dexron ll and Oil is SAE 30/API SF.
Hope that helps.

east tx skier
02-15-2006, 03:33 PM
That's what my manual said for my 93 as well.

Dexron III is the replacement for Dexron II.

Oh, and as far as if it's marine specific, the Pennzoil 15W40 I use says "Marine" on it FWIW.

bigmac
02-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Here comes the great debate of dino vs synthetic oils!

No difference in normal-duty applications - no advantage to synthetics. Oil is oil, it's all the same as long as it meets the same API service classification.

The oil we use all depends on how much one is willing to pay for the peace of mind that is borne of the hyped-up advertising of the various oil companies.

roddydog
02-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Good to know. Thanks.

east tx skier
02-15-2006, 03:43 PM
No difference in normal-duty applications - no advantage to synthetics. Oil is oil, it's all the same as long as it meets the same API service classification.

The oil we use all depends on how much one is willing to pay for the peace of mind that is borne of the hyped-up advertising of the various oil companies.

Also, for what it's worth, and given that I'm not plugging Amsoil ;), Pennzoil 15W40 can be purchased reasonably cheap at Walmart and is typically located in the boat/fishing section (by the boat wax), not in the automotive oil section.

But like bigmac said (and I averred), what's in a name?

BrianM
02-15-2006, 03:47 PM
Manual for an 88 PS (I have a 90 so it's pretty much the same).
Tranny-Dexron ll and Oil is SAE 30/API SF.
Hope that helps.

Indmar has since updated to say that even older motors should run the 15w40. I ran the Shell Rotella T 15w40 in my '88 and will run it in my '97 as well.

And to chime in on the Dino vs. Synthetic thing. With a 50 hour change interval run the Dino. Synthetic is a waste.

east tx skier
02-15-2006, 03:54 PM
According to my notes, if you do go synthetic, Indmar recommends Mobil 1 20W40.

88 PS190
02-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Mercruiser also makes a marine specific oil, we've had great results with it, reduced the build up of carbon on the transom around the exhaust as well.

Slightly more expensive.

Kevin 89MC
02-15-2006, 06:05 PM
I've run 10W30 Valvoline dino oil in mine for the 9 years I've owned it. I run Dex III Valvoline in the trans. Hasn't failed me yet! IMHO, I wouldn't waste the money on synthetics, seeing as I change engine oil every fall, and the trans doesn't see anywhere near the temps or stress that auto trannys see. No offense to those who run synthetics. In certain circumstances there are probably advantages, I'm just too poor, and don't put many hours on it. Also I would be concerned about leakage with synthetics in these older engines. (Uh oh, I probably opened another can of worms!)
Good luck, and as Bigmac said, as long as the lube meets the current API service classifications, it'll be plenty good. Speaking of which, are there any engine oils even sold that don't meet them?

Hoosier Bob
02-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Amen! M1 for me and I give it both ways! :D All vehicles, Accord, Valkyrie, XR, 190 and mower! :D Here comes the great debate of dino vs synthetic oils!

I run Mobil 15w-50 in the motor and Mobil 1 synthetic trans fluid in the transmission.http://autorepair.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=autorepair&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.baileycar.com%2Foil_overview_h tml.htm
Big difference as to how fast a synthetic oil reaches the lubricated parts compared to non-synthetic. May not be important to you daily users but engine gets pretty dry after a couple of days. Also viscosity lasts much longer in synthetics especially among high load vehicles (Tow Boats). Viscosity will fail on synthetic at a point way beyond non while the non will begin to degrade immediately at an even faster rate. Not BS look up any test non vs syn. Wow I spend $20 bucks for the syn and $5 for a filter! $10 more than the fish oil! Most high end veicle manufacturers and race teams use synthetic because it is cheaper. No ash, gets to the parts much quicker on startup and higher flash point. Change your oil three times a year and you just spent an additional $30.00! Now you can buy 10 gallons of no difference crap 87 octane for your $60,000 boat!

Workin' 4 Toys
02-15-2006, 09:15 PM

I like AMSOIL because the website says it's better...8p

Hoosier Bob
02-15-2006, 10:14 PM
I am switching WFT! I am easily persuaded! My oil only said it's pretty good and I am ready for better or maybe even better than that! I don't think I can handle "Super Duper." :D I sure did waste alot of $ racing on that expensive stuff. Amsoil is big with us 2 wheelers as well. ;) I like AMSOIL because the website says it's better...8p

TMCNo1
02-15-2006, 11:36 PM
$.02 worth,,,,,,,, my boat mechanic/racer taught me a lesson a few years back. I was running Valvoline 10w40 #141 as directed by my dealer in a 350ci i/o and was having a lower unit seal replaced and he asked if I needed the oil changed, I told him I had just done it. He asked what I used and he said WOW! STOP! Do this simple test, WARM ENGINE UP AND RUN WFO [4000rpm] FOR AT LEAST A MILE, CUT OFF IGNITION SWITCH, PULL INTO NEUTRAL AND IMMEDIATELY PULL THE DIP STICK AND IT SHOULD HAVE WHITE FOAM ON THE END OF IT", AND IT DID!!!!!!!!!!!!! He said then change filter and oil to straight Valvoline 40w Racing Oil #229 and do the test again. THE OIL ON THE DIPSTICK WAS AS CLEAR AS IF IT HAD JUST CAME OUT OF THE CONTAINER! He also said that if we were going to use the boat earlier in the spring in colder temps and later in the fall colder temps I could use 30w Racing for the cold cranking capabilities and would be ok for summer too, but I've stuck with the 40w Racing in 3 boats over 28 years with no problems. Just last Oct. bought a 12 qt. case at Valvoline Quik Lube for $29+Tax, not bad protection for the price!...........YOU DO THE TEST!

bigmac
02-15-2006, 11:42 PM
Amen! M1 for me and I give it both ways! :D All vehicles, Accord, Valkyrie, XR, 190 and mower! :D http://autorepair.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=autorepair&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.baileycar.com%2Foil_overview_h tml.htm
Big difference as to how fast a synthetic oil reaches the lubricated parts compared to non-synthetic. May not be important to you daily users but engine gets pretty dry after a couple of days. Also viscosity lasts much longer in synthetics especially among high load vehicles (Tow Boats). Viscosity will fail on synthetic at a point way beyond non while the non will begin to degrade immediately at an even faster rate. Not BS look up any test non vs syn. Wow I spend $20 bucks for the syn and $5 for a filter! $10 more than the fish oil! Most high end veicle manufacturers and race teams use synthetic because it is cheaper. No ash, gets to the parts much quicker on startup and higher flash point. Change your oil three times a year and you just spent an additional $30.00! Now you can buy 10 gallons of no difference crap 87 octane for your $60,000 boat!

The difference in viscosity degradation between oils using Group II base stocks (like Rotella T or Pennzoil Marine, or any other service classification CH/SJ oil) and Group III base stocks (all synthetics) is negligible. Shear stability ("degradation") is entirely based on the necessity for viscosity index improvers, and that need is negligible in any Group II-base oil. The part about getting up into the engine quicker probably has some validity, but it makes absolutely no perceptible/measureable difference in engine wear.

Hoosier Bob
02-15-2006, 11:46 PM
Wait a minute and I will find something else then! Here it is! It also tastes better! :D The difference in viscosity degradation between oils using Group II base stocks (like Rotella T or Pennzoil Marine, or any other service classification CH/SJ oil) and Group III base stocks (all synthetics) is negligible. Shear stability ("degradation") is entirely based on the necessity for viscosity index improvers, and that need is negligible in any Group II-base oil. The part about getting up into the engine quicker probably has some validity, but it makes absolutely no perceptible/measureable difference in engine wear.

bigmac
02-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Wait a minute and I will find something else then! Here it is! It also tastes better! :DI know that's another big selling point for Amsoil, and I bought some for that reason alone, but after having gone through several gallons I find that I still prefer the taste of Barzall Chain Saw oil.

Hoosier Bob
02-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Agreed the blue stuff is good! :D Or is it red? Man I was drunk that night!I know that's another big selling point for Amsoil, and I bought some for that reason alone, but after having gone through several gallons I find that I still prefer the taste of Barzall Chain Saw oil.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Wait a minute and I will find something else then! Here it is! It also tastes better! :D
You're messin' with the wrong guy about oil.
Although, I would be surprised if he did a "taste" test......;) so you may have him on that one..

Workin' 4 Toys
02-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Still my favorite "burnt" oil smell is KLOTZ.....Never tasted it yet..:rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2006, 12:12 AM
Sorry but I am not putting anything in any motor called KLOTZ! Maybe my body or even better my heart but not my motor! :confused: Still my favorite "burnt" oil smell is KLOTZ.....Never tasted it yet..:rolleyes:

bigmac
02-16-2006, 12:12 AM
Agreed the blue stuff is good! :D Or is it red? Man I was drunk that night!

The blue stuff should only be served with fish, red with liver and fava beans.

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2006, 12:15 AM
I don't know about you but I am on the blue stuff right now and this is funny! The sad part is I am left with filter oil or 3 in 1. What do you recommend I finish this TMC night with? No fish but I can get pretty close! :D The blue stuff should only be served with fish.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Sorry but I am not putting anything in any motor called KLOTZ! Maybe my body or even better my heart but not my motor! :confused:
Coming from someone with a Cholesterol count of "Butter" you may want to reconsider...;)

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2006, 12:18 AM
Even though you can't see it there is a tear in my eye right now, you remembered! :o Coming from someone with a Cholesterol count of "Butter" you may want to reconsider...;)

'02xrider
02-16-2006, 12:31 AM
Ok...when I had my '02 serviced last summer, the MC mechanic said he switched the tranny fluid to 30 wt. motor oil. ***? Is this for real? Said something about a service bulletin called for it. Anyone know anything about it?

Workin' 4 Toys
02-16-2006, 12:35 AM
Ok...when I had my '02 serviced last summer, the MC mechanic said he switched the tranny fluid to 30 wt. motor oil. ***? Is this for real? Said something about a service bulletin called for it. Anyone know anything about it?
I think that is what they told me they (MC dealer) were using in my '03, but I can't say for sure.

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2006, 12:35 AM
More info Synthetic is a waste!http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/79838/

Leroy
02-16-2006, 12:41 AM
Seems like this topic has been discussed several times and keeps coming back synthetic is not necessary, use regular oil.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-16-2006, 12:43 AM
Seems like this topic has been discussed several times and keeps coming back synthetic is not necessary, use regular oil.T/J - Doesn't Lexus "require" synthetic oil?

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2006, 12:44 AM
Now you are only working your own agenda! How many reasons does your cheap arse need? A tow boat is not much different from any high performance vehicle and synthetics protect and perform better! Use the fish oil in your grocery getter but in your MC it is blasphemy! :D Seems like this topic has been discussed several times and keeps coming back synthetic is not necessary, use regular oil.

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2006, 12:45 AM
That is right shizzzle! You go boy! Take that Leroy! :D Oh yeah Lisa says Hello!T/J - Doesn't Lexus "require" synthetic oil?

Workin' 4 Toys
02-16-2006, 12:47 AM
That is right shizzzle! You go boy! Take that Leroy! :D
:purplaugh :purplaugh :purplaugh HB.. You crack me up.... It wasn't intended as a ribbing, but thanks for the laugh..

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2006, 12:51 AM
If you review the above post I think you will see less resistance, less wear and more performance. I have never seen a test that proved non was equal to full syn. Now if I owned a machine shop I may change my position! :D More is better!Seems like this topic has been discussed several times and keeps coming back synthetic is not necessary, use regular oil.

Leroy
02-16-2006, 12:56 AM
Picking myself off the floor....my cars never touch anything more than the $19 oil change offers. I gave up on Lexus and their incredible service jobs. Same reason I winterize. If synthetic were so good car manf would ship with it and get spiffed to do so.

Hey Lisa, better tuck Bob in, make sure he has his blanket tonight. You know how he gets without it! :D

Workin' 4 Toys
02-16-2006, 01:00 AM
I thought Toyota, Lexus, and Mercedes were shipped with it. I could be wrong. And how do they get away with 10,000 mile service intervals otherwise.:confused:

And I think Corvettes have Syn. from the get go, but I think they still want them in every 3K.

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2006, 01:05 AM
Most high end vehicles are shipped with it! Some will alow lesser oils for break in due to the synthetic being too good! Wear occurs in non syn much faster expediting break in. They are shipped that way needing the break in. Once broken in they recommend syn. I have my blanket do you? :D Put the syn in and quit your whining! I will pay the dif for your boat Leroy if it helps! :D Picking myself off the floor....my cars never touch anything more than the $19 oil change offers. I gave up on Lexus and their incredible service jobs. Same reason I winterize. If synthetic were so good car manf would ship with it and get spiffed to do so.

Hey Lisa, better tuck Bob in, make sure he has his blanket tonight. You know how he gets without it! :D

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2006, 01:06 AM
Yeah my schnizzle! You GO! I was too slow Leroy but WFT has my back! I am getting a beer and I want this crap resolved! :D I thought Toyota, Lexus, and Mercedes were shipped with it. I could be wrong. And how do they get away with 10,000 mile service intervals otherwise.:confused:

And I think Corvettes have Syn. from the get go, but I think they still want them in every 3K.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-16-2006, 01:17 AM
Yeah my schnizzle! You GO! I was too slow Leroy but WFT has my back! I am getting a beer and I want this crap resolved! :D
He probably went to look it up in his owners manuals....;)

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2006, 01:19 AM
Now I am in trouble! Lisa says I can't be mean to Leroy! Sorry guys but I just can't post any more! Lisa has taken the fun out of it! :mad: PS You can look high and low but the only negative is initial cost! Not longterm cost, performance, wear, breakdown, ash, seating, residual effect not nothing!He probably went to look it up in his owners manuals....;)

Workin' 4 Toys
02-16-2006, 01:22 AM
Now I am in trouble! Lisa says I can't be mean to Leroy! Sorry guys but I just can't post any more! Lisa has taken the fun out of it! :mad:
W.T.F Shlizzzaa ma Nizza? Let the boys play...!!!

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2006, 01:24 AM
When she goes to sleep I will be back and badder than ever! Right now I have to behave, you know so I get the Nizzle later! ;) Wow! The Nizzlater!W.T.F Shlizzzaa ma Nizza? Let the boys play...!!!

Workin' 4 Toys
02-16-2006, 01:29 AM
When she goes to sleep I will be back and badder than ever! Right now I have to behave, you know so I get the Nizzle later! ;) Wow! The Nizzlater!I have no idea what this has to do with you changing the oil in Leroy's High ends or paying for his boat, but we have obviously sidetracked this thread.....:D

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2006, 01:31 AM
I don't care! I am now to be called the NIZZLATER! :D I have no idea what this has to do with you changing the oil in Leroy's High ends or paying for his boat, but we have obviously sidetracked this thread.....:D

Workin' 4 Toys
02-16-2006, 01:34 AM
:worthy::worthy: :worthy: NIZZLATER

bigmac
02-16-2006, 08:40 AM
Ok...when I had my '02 serviced last summer, the MC mechanic said he switched the tranny fluid to 30 wt. motor oil. ***? Is this for real? Said something about a service bulletin called for it. Anyone know anything about it?I don't know all the details about what transmissions, what years, but for at least a few years the ZF Hurth V-drive tranny that was coming from Indmar required Dexron. There were apparently problems with noise on shifting from idle, so as of about 03, Hurth and Indmar began recommending 20W40 instead of Dexron ATF. My dealer called Hurth about it at EOS as I was winterizing. He recommended ATF, the MC and Indmar manuals called for 20W40. Mine came from the factory with 20W40, so that's what I used.

richardsoncd
02-16-2006, 09:36 AM
I appreciate all the replies, and the inside jokes I (not knowing most of you) didn't understand. But funny none the less.....especially when the wife gets involved. So back on track:

I think I will go with Dex III in the transmission, and 20W40 synthetic...to defend the synthetic to those that don't like it, if I put it in my truck it would be hypocritical not to do so in my 27 year old MasterCraft. What is the deal with putting oil in the tranny, I've never heard of that. Now to be clear, the 20W40 is the same synthetic I would find with the car oils? And is this the right weight...remember I am in Georgia so it won't be getting too cold, and it is an old boat.

east tx skier
02-16-2006, 10:59 AM
The motor oil in the tranny has to do with transmission noise reduction in vdrive boats and power slots. Just a distinction, the 05 owners manual still recommends Dexron ATF in the 1:1; 15W40 for Power Slot Trannies; and SAE15W40 for Vdrives.

2005 Owners Manual (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/local_links.php?action=jump&id=15)

Indmar makes the same recommendations in its online manual for 03 and up. It adds (and MC may say this, too, but I didn't see it) that the Walters Vdrive takes SAE30).

Indmar Manual 2003 and up (http://www.indmar.com/files/manual/Indmar_Operators_Manual_2003.pdf)

richardsoncd
02-16-2006, 12:00 PM
I think the thread can be officially closed.. HoosierBob is the man, got all the info I need. Time to go get some oil, fluid, and a case a beer. I love working on the boat!!!!

bigmac
02-16-2006, 12:40 PM
:D I think the thread can be officially closed.. HoosierBob is the man, got all the info I need. Time to go get some oil, fluid, and a case a beer. I love working on the boat!!!!

Ya gotta really admire the marketing prowess of this country's lubricant industry. They all owe a tremendous amount to Andy Granatelli, the PT Barnum of the oil business. :D

X-45
02-16-2006, 12:47 PM
I think Oil is the most talked about subject on the internet.

:toast:

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2006, 12:54 PM
I do not get why there is no diference. My Valkyrie runs much stronger and quieter with Syn. My XR 400 and KTM 300 all have syn. In heavier duty applications what is wrong with the added and proven care? Are all of these tests scams? I would think the oil companies would want you using the dinosaur juice rather than the lab created stuff. Maybe they cost more as a deterant benefiting the dino juice.
http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/79838/
:D

Ya gotta really admire the marketing prowess of this country's lubricant industry. They all owe a tremendous amount to Andy Granatelli, the PT Barnum of the oil business. :D

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2006, 12:59 PM
PS My 1993 MC was delivered with Mobile 1 synthetic. :D What ever we choose keep it clean and fresh and all should work. If the argument is we do not need the added protection then I may agree. I will not agree that the added protection does not exist. :twocents:
No more of this BS, Bigmac lets see some FOILIN pics!
T/J - Doesn't Lexus "require" synthetic oil?

Leroy
02-16-2006, 01:46 PM
If only it were so easy.....

It's interesting I did not find any negative reports on synthetics when searching this time. All positive now. They do reference some problem synthetic blends in the past and problems from people running the synthetics too long in the past.

I think the thread can be officially closed.. HoosierBob is the man, got all the info I need. Time to go get some oil, fluid, and a case a beer. I love working on the boat!!!!

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2006, 01:54 PM
That is a great point Leroy. If you use synthetics to run longer between changes you can bring in other issues. A boat runs on pretty clean air but if it gets contaminated, or for whatever reason the oil gets contaminated you have increased your opportunity by running longer between changes. Any contaminated oil is bad. Air filter changes still need to be as frequent as a starving engine running on dirty air will eventually contaminate the oil. I run the syn but maintain the normal frequency for changes. Lisa said I have to say I am sorry! Sorry Leroy! :o If only it were so easy.....

It's interesting I did not find any negative reports on synthetics when searching this time. All positive now. They do reference some problem synthetic blends in the past and problems from people running the synthetics too long in the past.

bigmac
02-16-2006, 02:54 PM
PS My 1993 MC was delivered with Mobile 1 synthetic. :D What ever we choose keep it clean and fresh and all should work. If the argument is we do not need the added protection then I may agree. I will not agree that the added protection does not exist. :twocents:
No more of this BS, Bigmac lets see some FOILIN pics!
http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/51029996.jpg

For all of the reasons mentioned here, "synthetic" oil is excellent oil. It is in no way inferior to "dinosaur" oil and is superior in many respects. In some extreme-duty applications, its superiority to Group II base stock oils is important. In the majority of applications, it's not.

Using synthetic oil in one's MasterCraft is not a bad idea, it's just an unnecessary one - there are no benefits, and no "scientific" peer-reviewed studies that prove the contrary. There are TONS of anecdotes, however, and now in the internet age, those anecdotes (like many others) have taken on a life of their own.

OTOH, Hoosier Bob's point that the price difference isn't that great is valid. Peace of mind is a valuable commodity and if you can buy it for an extra $10/oil change, then that's a good deal.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-16-2006, 03:03 PM
You certainly look like you are having a blast on that thing BM..... Rough water in Minn...;)

Leroy
02-16-2006, 03:08 PM
No problem Bob! Glad someone is watching out for me! Thanks Lisa!

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2006, 03:42 PM
Love the fall colors! That is awesome! I agree there might not be a measurable or proven benefit! More pics! :D http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/51029996.jpg

For all of the reasons mentioned here, "synthetic" oil is excellent oil. It is in no way inferior to "dinosaur" oil and is superior in many respects. In some extreme-duty applications, its superiority to Group II base stock oils is important. In the majority of applications, it's not.

Using synthetic oil in one's MasterCraft is not a bad idea, it's just an unnecessary one - there are no benefits, and no "scientific" peer-reviewed studies that prove the contrary. There are TONS of anecdotes, however, and now in the internet age, those anecdotes (like many others) have taken on a life of their own.

OTOH, Hoosier Bob's point that the price difference isn't that great is valid. Peace of mind is a valuable commodity and if you can buy it for an extra $10/oil change, then that's a good deal.

bigmac
02-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Love the fall colors! That is awesome! I agree there might not be a measurable or proven benefit! More pics! :D

http://mccollister.info/amchair.jpg

Hoosier Bob
02-16-2006, 09:42 PM
That is awesome! WFT will like the plug! That also must be the new 2 quart size! :D :D I do not know that I will be trying that anytime soon!

Workin' 4 Toys
02-20-2006, 11:16 PM
That is awesome! WFT will like the plug! That also must be the new 2 quart size! :D :D I do not know that I will be trying that anytime soon!

Amsoil Interceptor my friend, INTERCEPTOR!!!!!
I haven't switched to the 15W40 yet!!!;)

Hoosier Bob
02-20-2006, 11:17 PM
BigMac was killing me! Is that not funny or what! The Hey Hoosier watcha drinkin had some action as well, page 10! ;)
PS You know we will see that pic again with the Intercepter! :D Amsoil Interceptor my friend, INTERCEPTOR!!!!!
I haven't switched to the 15W40 yet!!!;)