PDA

View Full Version : What would you pay to live here??????????????

Maristar210
02-14-2006, 06:43 PM
www.placidwaters.com

bobk
02-14-2006, 06:59 PM
I'd be willing to pay $75,000 to $85,000 for a lot and another $260,000 on a home then no more than $150 a month dues.

My guess is monthly dues are higher than what I'd be willing to pay to have another place on a lake, plus I'd need a second Master Craft. :steering:

AirJunky
02-14-2006, 07:14 PM
In my case, I wouldn't because there is no way those ditches will be deep enough to ride a foil in.
But any skier or boarder who's looking for a lake to ride on...... great water everyday, no traffic to deal with, seems pretty ideal to me depending on the price.
I have no clue what property values are there, but a similar lot on almost any lot in WA state will cost you $250k - $300k at least, and up to $600k - $700k in any major city.

Mag_Red
02-14-2006, 07:50 PM
I think I would rather have a place on a large lake and take advantage of calmer water during the week..........but that's just me :wavey:

Sodar
02-14-2006, 07:51 PM
I was looking at the detailed plan and it looks like a cool little deal, they are building a couple of the communities in California, but they are built 2+ hours away from any large city and the lots are out of most people's price range for a vacation home. I guess time will tell how well they actually sell and for what amount since real estate is doing well!

roddydog
02-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Don't think I'd be into a 'planned' place. I LOVE my little shack and my 6 mile lake and it's inthe middle of a new provincial park so there aint gonna be any building any more.......... Oh Yeah.......................!

X-45
02-14-2006, 08:35 PM
I think I would rather have a place on a large lake and take advantage of calmer water during the week..........but that's just me :wavey:

Me to.

:steering:

Maristar210
02-14-2006, 08:37 PM
They do not list lot prices however the average sell price of a home in the area is about $150,000. That leads me to believe they may be affordable but I am not sure, we'll see.

Steve

tex
02-14-2006, 08:37 PM
No jump...You couldn't pay me to live there, but if you do...please invite me over to go footing!

east tx skier
02-14-2006, 10:37 PM
If I had a lot on a community private lake, I'd aspire to have a private lake all to myself. I know, too hard to please, right? I'm going to keep saving for that though. 'til then, we've got a virtually abandoned cove with a course on it. The 3 ball is right off the dock. Everyone think the cove is full of stumps. Works for us.

Holtrodj
02-14-2006, 10:42 PM
They do not list lot prices however the average sell price of a home in the area is about $150,000. That leads me to believe they may be affordable but I am not sure, we'll see.

Steve

Lots in this development are being listed starting at $300M (dirt only). That's what makes it so odd. You have to pay $500M + to live in an area thats 45 minutes from downtown and on the outskirts of a community that is full of $150M-$200M homes. From what I've been told, the lots in this development are fairly small as well.

twieder
02-14-2006, 11:09 PM
Wouldn't pay :twocents: to live there. I'm happy where I'm at and "private" don't cut it. The more the merrier I always say! :uglyhamme

gosioux
02-15-2006, 01:19 AM
I can't even imagine what it costs to live there. I bought a 3 acre lot on the lake a few miles outside of our town for $5k an acre. We haven't built our house yet, but will soon. We are lucky that land is still cheap here. Cost of living and quality of life is great here in ND, but you have to be able to survive the winter. I spent some time a few years ago working in LA, and I was shell shocked over the cost of living out there. A 6000 sq foot house will sell for about $300K here.

Leroy
02-15-2006, 05:56 AM
I like it. As condos seems like the price can be kept pretty low. I don't see how many condos through. You can get 2 bedroom condo on our lake for ~200k. They are building some new ones that start at ~400k, not sure who will buy those and they are not even on a good part of the lake. http://www.thewaterfrontcondos.com/index.shtml

richardsoncd
02-15-2006, 08:22 AM
I didn't read anywhere on there on where the booze cruising section is....some of the best times on the lake are spent idling up and down the shore after a good hard run, or getting the coffee and a paper at the local marina....they can keep it.

bobk
02-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Lots in this development are being listed starting at $300M (dirt only). That's what makes it so odd. You have to pay $500M + to live in an area thats 45 minutes from downtown and on the outskirts of a community that is full of $150M-$200M homes. From what I've been told, the lots in this development are fairly small as well.
I live in Jenison just west of Grand Rapids and not to far from this community. Even though the average home is $150,000 I just purchased a house in Oct. and the houses in this phase sell from $295,000 to $425,000. I'm only mentioning this because there are a lot of homes that are sold each year over the $300,000 price point. IMO I would rather have a nice home and a small summer home on a lake than drop $300,000 on a 100 by 100 lot.

I do like the ideas and the look of the layout, and would live in a community like that. It's nice to have the option.

BrianM
02-15-2006, 09:22 AM
Wow! Six lakes and only 41 lots.

No jump...You couldn't pay me to live there, but if you do...please invite me over to go footing!

Sonds like they plan to have a jump. From the site:

One bay will be for board sports, trick skiing, and jumping.

twieder
02-15-2006, 09:33 AM
The construction company I work for dug a 15 acre ski pond for a private individual last summer(2005) They wanted it turney spec.with islands centered on end loops.With stone, grading all the property,beach and boat ramp, they had about 150k plus about the same to buy 40 acres of field. If private puddles are so important, why don't more people do this? You sell off limited lots and have a maintinace fee to help keep up the pond.This one is about 15 mi south west of Toledo Oh.

east tx skier
02-15-2006, 10:00 AM
The answer may be red tape, permits, water rights, etc. It is certainly easier to build lakes in some parts of the country than it is in others. I hear Texas is not so bad by comparison.

Maristar210
02-15-2006, 12:34 PM
I am not sure what they went through to get the permits and so on as eastie points out. Does anyone in West Michigan know if they have actually started construction? It states ground breaking in the fall of 2005 and this is the first I have heard of it and its from the local boat show this weekend. You know the ever famous Grand Rapids Boat Show???

I wonder if its in progress and what level of interest has been shown?

Steve

Maristar210
02-15-2006, 12:36 PM
I didn't read anywhere on there on where the booze cruising section is....some of the best times on the lake are spent idling up and down the shore after a good hard run, or getting the coffee and a paper at the local marina....they can keep it.

You do have a point I can identify with :twocents:

Steve

tex
02-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Plans for a jump...ok...honey, hand me the checkbook!

twieder
02-15-2006, 02:48 PM
We do 30 to 40 farm ponds per year and those are simple permits from the county you live in. The larger ones usually require zoneing varriances. Those are usually not to bad if you don't mind kissin up to the neighbors first! We're working on a subdivision now with a 1 acre a 3acre and a 3/4 acre holes on them. The township loves it ...water for fire protection.

bobk
02-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Steve I drive past Action everyday to work, I'll stop by and ask them if it is started or ready yet.

Ryan
02-15-2006, 04:48 PM
The answer may be red tape, permits, water rights, etc. It is certainly easier to build lakes in some parts of the country than it is in others. I hear Texas is not so bad by comparison.

Take a look at Laku Landing outside of Denver.
http://www.laku.com/

They had quite a few hoops to jump though and red tape seen in the link to local newspaper articles (http://www.laku.com/articles.htm).
http://www.laku.com/story.htm