PDA

View Full Version : Corny Valentines Day Plans???

Sodar
02-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Anyone have any Valentine's Day plans that you are dreading, but being forced to partake in? I know there has to be a few!

ski_king
02-14-2006, 04:11 PM
My wife always says she thinks I like my boat better than her, so maybe I prove her wrong and take her along when I go to work on it tonight.

east tx skier
02-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Nothing I was being forced to do. I grilled some steaks for my wife and I this weekend. Got her some tulips and cards. She got me a couple of cards and the Wedding Crashers dvd. Good times and a bottle of wine.

Sodar
02-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Nothing I was being forced to do. I grilled some steaks for my wife and I this weekend. Got her some tulips and cards. She got me a couple of cards and the Wedding Crashers dvd. Good times and a bottle of wine.

See, that is what I am talking about... low key! Nice job eastie! I do not understand why some women need to make a huge deal out of it!

jbfootin
02-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Same here, probably grill out, have a beer, chase the 3 kids to bed, and call it a night...Very similar to other nights, but that isn't a bad thing :toast:

TMCNo1
02-14-2006, 04:43 PM
My wife is kinda like ski king's, but got the boat a dozen red roses and will take the spouse up to the local Pump and Munch and get her a couple of them "BIG AZ" microwave cheeburgers, bag o chips and a RC cola............ Naw, just kidding, she loves me so much she's bringing home value meals from SUBWAY, so I told her after supper she could give me a bath and asked her if she knew what was next and she said, "YEA, THE FUNERAL DIRECTOR WOULD BE COMBING MY HAIR AND PUTTING MY CLOTHES ON ME."

ski_king
02-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Actually I got her a little present and hope to take her out to dinner if we can sneak away from the kids.

east tx skier
02-14-2006, 04:56 PM
I think "kids" is the key to the answer. Sometimes, low key is just a necessity. I take her out other times, but we figured fighting the crowds is more trouble than it's worth. Plus, it's Tuesday. If anything, we'd have gone out and celebrated early.

All that said, two years ago, her Valentine's Day gift was an HO padded slalom case. She was thrilled. I do love my wife so! :love:

BriEOD
02-14-2006, 05:49 PM
My wife is kinda like ski king's, but got the boat a dozen red roses and will take the spouse up to the local Pump and Munch and get her a couple of them "BIG AZ" microwave cheeburgers, bag o chips and a RC cola............ Naw, just kidding, she loves me so much she's bringing home value meals from SUBWAY, so I told her after supper she could give me a bath and asked her if she knew what was next and she said, "YEA, THE FUNERAL DIRECTOR WOULD BE COMBING MY HAIR AND PUTTING MY CLOTHES ON ME."
Now that is funny! :D

Ric
02-14-2006, 05:55 PM
grillin a few bigazz (romantic) ribeyes and sipping some adult beverages. Should be good fun!

lakes Rick
02-14-2006, 07:03 PM
grillin a few bigazz (romantic) ribeyes and sipping some adult beverages. Should be good fun!

I left a Happy Valentine balloon on the Widow neighbors door.. She's been looking real good lately..

milkmania
02-14-2006, 08:15 PM
I left a Happy Valentine balloon on the Widow neighbors door.. She's been looking real good lately..

you know the drill.......................

http://aritah.com/images/smilies/postpics.gif

TMCNo1
02-14-2006, 08:23 PM
My wife is kinda like ski king's, but got the boat a dozen red roses and will take the spouse up to the local Pump and Munch and get her a couple of them "BIG AZ" microwave cheeburgers, bag o chips and a RC cola............ Naw, just kidding, she loves me so much she's bringing home value meals from SUBWAY, so I told her after supper she could give me a bath and asked her if she knew what was next and she said, "YEA, THE FUNERAL DIRECTOR WOULD BE COMBING YOUR HAIR AND PUTTING YOUR CLOTHES ON YOU."

PICTURE that big ole black station wagon in my driveway? :eek: :eek:

tex
02-14-2006, 08:26 PM
My dinner plans have changed. The squid told mommy that he wants spaghetti at the formal table with mommy and daddy. They are setting the table, i am talking with ya'll and hitting a great Bombay Martini. I would say all and all....Darn good Valentines! Can I squeeze a jump set in!

roddydog
02-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Can't tell you how much I HATEHATEHATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! commercially FORCED "holy-days" HATE-HATE-HATE them............. Go buy an ice cream and say um.........whatever you need to say.

Ferdinand_DeMarco
02-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Can I squeeze a jump set in!

I asked Mabel the same thing, then she hit me

tex
02-14-2006, 08:44 PM
I'll be here all week!

West TN Wake
02-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Oh im sure theres more than a few..i'll sure be glad to see this day go!!!
Anyone have any Valentine's Day plans that you are dreading, but being forced to partake in? I know there has to be a few!

Workin' 4 Toys
02-14-2006, 09:18 PM
I had a good one... We had homemade tacos. Then swapped gifts....I bought her a real nice skimpy bikini, and she bought me some 9mm rounds, And some wicked ice cream.....She always knows how to touch my heart....:love:

So it wasn't the 1969 GTO or Camaro I have been hinting....there's always sweetest day right....

Sodar
02-14-2006, 09:25 PM
Can't tell you how much I HATEHATEHATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! commercially FORCED "holy-days" HATE-HATE-HATE them............. Go buy an ice cream and say um.........whatever you need to say.

I will second that one roddy! If I can show love toward her the other 364 days a year, then why should I need to be forced to do the same thing on this one!?!?

tex
02-14-2006, 10:22 PM
i got a pimping shirt...the wife got an ipod!

shepherd
02-15-2006, 08:51 AM
We've been married for 15 years, so we've pretty much done it all - ate our share of fancy $100+ dinners. So, for a change of pace, last night we went to Sonic and sat in the truck and watched the traffic go by and ate our tater tots.

Then we went to the jewelry store to buy me a wedding band to replace the one that the wife accidentally dropped off the boat one night 4 years ago when she was "holding" it for me... I hate wearing this thing (it burns! it burns! take it off!) :D

LakePirate
02-15-2006, 12:39 PM
i got a pimping shirt...the wife got an ipod!

Wife also got an ipod.....but she came through with some tickets to George Thorogood and the Destroyers.

She Rocks.

Leroy
02-15-2006, 12:58 PM
I didn't realize they were still playing! I saw them 24 years ago in Nashville! Tell us how the concert is!

Wife also got an ipod.....but she came through with some tickets to George Thorogood and the Destroyers.

She Rocks.

shepherd
02-15-2006, 01:13 PM

She Rocks.

Yes she does :headbang: Lucky man.
My cousin saw them at House of Blues in Orlando a couple years ago. Said it was a great show... Sorry I missed it.

6ballsisall
02-15-2006, 01:26 PM
Didn't get home from Dallas til Midnight last night so other than the flowers I sent no Valentines for us. Plan to enjoy dinner together tonight and maybe do a little celebrating this weekend.

M-Funf
02-15-2006, 01:31 PM
Last night it was Grilled Salmon Steaks, grilled asparagus, and garlic potatoes...

We exchanged cards............

Now on to the more important holiday, the one that I always look forward to on March 14th.......Steak and BJ day :headbang:

Steak and BJ Day (http://www.steakandbjday.com/)

bcampbe7
02-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Nothing too exciting at our house. Wife has been sick (Cold or Sinus infection) for a few days.
Her 30th B-day is tomorrow (2/16) so I plan on grilling some Filet for her and her family.

AirJunky
02-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Guess I got lucky. I gave her a necklace & some roses. She gave me a Ricky Carmichael RC dirtbike. We spent the evening at a steak joint in town & then I chased the dogs around the street with my new dirtbike!

bcampbe7
02-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Guess I got lucky. I gave her a necklace & some roses. She gave me a Ricky Carmichael RC dirtbike. We spent the evening at a steak joint in town & then I chased the dogs around the street with my new dirtbike!

Very cool!
There is a site out there were a guy in Germany hopped-up his Ricky RC bike. Those are pretty cool little bikes.

AirJunky
02-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Very cool!
There is a site out there were a guy in Germany hopped-up his Ricky RC bike. Those are pretty cool little bikes.
Thats too funny.... just found a boatload of sites where guys are modding their Ricky RC bikes. I was easily able to see the steering problem & will be upgrading that spring ASAP! :uglyhamme
It's pretty quick too..... gave my Border Collie a run for his money!