PDA

View Full Version : Do these prices seem out of line?

milkmania
02-12-2006, 12:03 AM
just wondering:confused:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/DSCF5347.jpg

vegashomeexpert
02-12-2006, 12:06 AM

Seem way cheap!

Boogieman

a bit late (or very early) for a fall special . . . :D

Workin' 4 Toys
What are the roof and walls framed with, and what siding is used?

erkoehler
02-12-2006, 12:07 AM

I would be interested in getting a detailed quote to find the hidden costs. Such as door openers for the hanging doors, insulation, electrical, ventilation, heat....your basically getting a frame????

milkmania
02-12-2006, 12:09 AM
a bit late (or very early) for a fall special . . . :D It's been on my refrigerator since before Christmas..... and Santa didn't get the hint:(

What are the roof and walls framed with, and what siding is used?

I have yet to call them and check... what're you thinking? probably not a good deal for "pole barn" and an OK deal for steel framing?

Workin' 4 Toys
02-12-2006, 12:10 AM
And I am not sure what the codes are where this is going, but a building of that size requires a Full foundation here. And that might double the figure.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-12-2006, 12:14 AM
It's been on my refrigerator since before Christmas..... and Santa didn't get the hint:(

I have yet to call them and check... what're you thinking? probably not a good deal for "pole barn" and an OK deal for steel framing?
It may be ok if they aren't "sheet" panels for walls and roof. If they are prebuilt framed sections and trusses it seems ok. But there are ALOT of questions to be answered. And it seems like its one of those too good to be true to get something of good quality. And I'd bet they have "upgrades" available for everything.
And you have to look out for the "well in your neighborhood" they require these upgrades, those prices are for..........

milkmania
02-12-2006, 12:15 AM
And I am not sure what the codes are where this is going, but a building of that size requires a Full foundation here. And that might double the figure.

the only ones we got to talk to about it in this area is the cows... to see if they approve:uglyhamme

absolutely no building codes around here, but common sense ones....like, don't put it under electric lines.

I realize there's going to be cost increases since last fall at least for steel price & fuel increases, but I may just call them up and see what gimmick they've got going on:confused:

milkmania
02-12-2006, 12:17 AM
It may be ok if they aren't "sheet" panels for walls and roof. If they are prebuilt framed sections and trusses it seems ok. But there are ALOT of questions to be answered. And it seems like its one of those too good to be true to get something of good quality. And I'd bet they have "upgrades" available for everything.
And you have to look out for the "well in your neighborhood" they require these upgrades, those prices are for..........

typically in this area we see the sheet panels..... 36" x whatever length

never thought much about it:(

erkoehler
02-12-2006, 12:18 AM
the only ones we got to talk to about it in this area is the cows... to see if they approve:uglyhamme

absolutely no building codes around here, but common sense ones....like, don't put it under electric lines.

I realize there's going to be cost increases since last fall at least for steel price & fuel increases, but I may just call them up and see what gimmick they've got going on:confused:

This time of year, they should be willing to give you a quote with the materials listed so you can see exactly what your getting.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-12-2006, 12:19 AM
So you already know it is a steel building?

Are they roll up doors or are they on tracks with spring assist?