PDA

View Full Version : Another remodeling project

Mag_Red
02-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Geez it seems like I can't leave well enough alone any more :rolleyes: Beside the houseboat remodel going on, I insist on totally redoing the inside of my humble abode. The lastest project was bringing the living room into the 21st century. Don't have a before pic of the entertainment cabinet that was built into this wall, but sufice it to say, all that would fit was a 27" TV . Time to go BIG SCREEN! Well as big as I can fit in this space. :D

Mag_Red
02-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Finally came up with a design for the cabinet........

Mag_Red
02-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Add a little drywall.........tape and mud......

Mag_Red
02-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Some doors and paint......

erkoehler
Looks good so far, how big is the TV going to be???????

André
Did you bought the TV yet?
Could change the design if you're going flat TV...(Flat TV like in big bucks not like the poor me who bought a flat screen only...)
And what's behind that door that you are blocking?

Mag_Red
02-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Now just imaging this with a 42-50" Plasma sitting on the top :D Still have decide between paint or stain and still need to set a top, but you get the idea. Not bad for two days work eh???

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Looks good Mag! :) It will even look better when there is a TV there showing some football or something.... :D

hey, at least you aint cookin. I remember last time you showed us picks of your kitchen mishap...... :eek:

Mag_Red
02-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Did you bought the TV yet?
Could change the design if you're going flat TV...(Flat TV like in big bucks not like the poor me who bought a flat screen only...)
And what's behind that door that you are blocking? That door is actually access to rear of the components. Makes it real easy to hook things up.

André
02-11-2006, 11:04 PM
That door is actually access to rear of the components. Makes it real easy to hook things up.
Brilliant! :)
Now,how can we help you spend a couples of thousends on a TV ? :popcorn:

Mag_Red
02-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Now,how can we help you spend a couples of thousends on a TV ? :popcorn: Already have it picked out.........a 42" LG plasma. I was going to pick it up today but the shop was closing before I could get there. No rush as I still need to get the HD reciever from Direct TV :rolleyes:

6ballsisall
02-11-2006, 11:22 PM
Looks great Mag! All this cabinet work you are getting to be a pro! Perhaps you'll want to make a set for our new house as more practice :wavey:

Mag_Red
02-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Looks great Mag! All this cabinet work you are getting to be a pro! Perhaps you'll want to make a set for our new house as more practice :wavey: Thanks Jeff, but let me finish my project first. :purplaugh I'll tell you what though.........ain't nothing like busting out cabinets in the garage..........sure keeps me out of trouble.

6ballsisall
02-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Thanks Jeff, but let me finish my project first. :purplaugh I'll tell you what though.........ain't nothing like busting out cabinets in the garage..........sure keeps me out of trouble.

I see a side business starting up for you Mag :headbang: How about a hobby business, you can show a nice loss on your taxes and lower your AMT

I'll be your first client :D

erkoehler
02-12-2006, 12:14 AM
I see a side business starting up for you Mag :headbang: How about a hobby business, you can show a nice loss on your taxes and lower your AMT

I'll be your first client :D

Man, way to take one for the team, and volunteer yourself.

peason
02-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Will that 42" be easy to take to the houseboat every weekend?!

Mag_Red
02-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Will that 42" be easy to take to the houseboat every weekend?!Nah :uglyhamme I'm planning on a 23-27" LCD for down there.

erkoehler
02-13-2006, 12:22 AM
Nah :uglyhamme I'm planning on a 23-27" LCD for down there.

To be installed by mid-may?

twieder
02-13-2006, 12:29 AM
Mag. I wish I would have hired you to help with my kitchen remodel job. I hate drywall and muddin! You do excelent work from the pics!

6ballsisall
02-13-2006, 12:37 AM
To be installed by mid-may?

Dude if I catch you watchin the boob tube at Mag Fest you'll wake up in the lake ;) Unless of course your watching ski footage from the days events :)

Mag_Red
02-13-2006, 12:38 AM
Dude if I catch you watchin the boob tube at Mag Fest you'll wake up in the lake ;) Unless of course your watching ski footage from the days events :)shhhhhhhhh.......don't tip him off ;)

erkoehler
02-13-2006, 12:45 AM
I'll watch boobs on the tube any time!!!! :uglyhamme

Cloaked
02-13-2006, 01:33 PM
Looks great Mag! All this cabinet work you are getting to be a pro! Perhaps you'll want to make a set for our new house as more practice :wavey:Damn cabinets are expensive. I'm building a new kitchen and the cabinets / counters / counter tops have taken $20,000, just for minimal cabinetry.

Looks good Bob...!!

Mag_Red
02-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Damn cabinets are expensive. I'm building a new kitchen and the cabinets / counters / counter tops have taken $20,000, just for minimal cabinetry.

Looks good Bob...!! :eek: BUt sounds about right. You getting granite in that quote??? They wanted over $1,000 judt for two bath cabinets. I think I built them for around $300 and they are solid wood and 3/4" boxes...not the press board and 1/2 crap I've found in even some higher priced cabinets. :rolleyes:

stevo137
02-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Now,how can we help you spend a couples of thousends on a TV ? :popcorn:
I will be happy to help you spend a couple more thousands upgrading your sound system as we discussed the other day Mag! :D
Looks good Mag.

BriEOD
02-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Nice work Bob. I clued in on the access door immediately. That is a very nice touch.

Mag_Red
02-13-2006, 08:32 PM
I will be happy to send you a couple more thousands upgrading your sound system as we discussed the other day Mag! :D
Looks good Mag.Very generous offer mi agimo :D but I may be happy with the sound right now. Bought some better wires
(Monster ) and it really made a difference. :guitar:

stevo137
02-13-2006, 11:49 PM
Very generous offer mi agimo :D but I may be happy with the sound right now. Bought some better wires
(Monster ) and it really made a difference. :guitar:
Cables make a noticeable difference for sure. My wife said I was crazy for spending $150 on a 14" digital cable but it is the main cable that sends all of the info. to the receiver.
Speaker cables are important too, good speaker cable can run $10-$20 per foot.
I wouldn't hold back on the video cable for that plasma either.
When you're ready for towers be sure to check these out.
The best all around speaker for the money IMO.

http://www.definitivetech.com/

These are the super towers that I have. Each speaker has a 1,000 watt powered sub. My system really helps get us through the dog days of winter!

http://www.definitivetech.com/loudspeakers/powertower/bp2000.html

Ferdinand_DeMarco
02-13-2006, 11:53 PM
These are the super towers that I have. Each speaker has a 1,000 watt powered sub. My system really helps get us through the dog days of winter!

I bet when they're cranked up, it's orgasm time :woohoo:

erkoehler
02-13-2006, 11:55 PM
The neighbors probably can't wait for summer when your out of the house so they can get some sleep! Those things pound out the sound!!!!

Leroy
02-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Stevo; My company loves you!

Cables make a noticeable difference for sure. My wife said I was crazy for spending $150 on a 14" digital cable but it is the main cable that sends all of the info. to the receiver.
Speaker cables are important too, good speaker cable can run $10-$20 per foot.
I wouldn't hold back on the video cable for that plasma either.
When you're ready for towers be sure to check these out.
The best all around speaker for the money IMO.

http://www.definitivetech.com/

Mag_Red
02-14-2006, 07:10 AM
Stevo; My company loves you!Made by RCA???

stevo137
02-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Sorry Mag, looks like I jacked your thread. :o

stevo137
02-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Made by RCA???
These will get the job done.
http://www.impactacoustics.com/product_list.asp?cat%5Fid=601
Audio cable: This is what I use, 8VS and 4VS Tri-wired.
http://www.kimber.com/Products/LoudSpeakerCables/8VS/8VS.aspx
Interconnects: PBJ all the way!
http://www.kimber.com/Products/Interconnects/PBJ/PBJ.aspx
Digital cable: The D60 is what I use and I believe it is the best for the money. I can't see paying more than $160 for a .5 meter cable.
http://www.kimber.com/Products/DigitalCables/D-60/D-60.aspx

All of these eccept the Trifocals use RCA connectors Leroy!

Hope that answered some of your questions from voicemail Mag.

Leroy
02-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Our accessories group does great selling various cables.....lose money on the TV, but make money on an interface cable.

Made by RCA???