PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Mobius LSV??

erkoehler
09-16-2004, 02:57 PM
I am going skiing with a buddy of mine who has a Moomba Mobius LSV, and was wondering if anyone has ever skied behind one before? I wanted to try some barefooting, but since it is a wakeboard boat, I am skeptical as to whether or not that is the right boat to learn behind.

Any advice would be appreciated. :) ? :mad: ?

erkoehler
09-16-2004, 07:05 PM
come on guys/gals, need alittle help here.

Is it even worth attempting to barefoot behind such a boat? How is it to barefoot behind the MC wakeboard boats? :confused:

AirJunky
09-16-2004, 08:57 PM
I have only barefooted one time & without knowing what motor is in the boat or how much you weigh, I can't imagine anyone can begin to guess on this one.
Unless your 230 lbs & the boat is weighted heavily with a 245 HP motor, it can't be all that bad. If you haven't done it before, then you have nothing to compare it to.

Stritt
09-16-2004, 09:43 PM
No need to worry. Empty the ballast and go. I learned to barefoot 19 yrs ago behind my parents 21' Sea-Ray with 228 HP. Did it compare to a comp boat? Nope. But I still learned to barefoot and deepwater start behind it. I can't tell from your most whether you are just wanting to learn or already can barefoot. If you know how to foot, you can almost foot behind any 18-22' boat. May drag longer than normal if the boat is an I/O and lacking power, but it can be done.

Supra makes a good boat, v-drives are typically a little quicker out of the hole due to the gear reduction. You should have no problems.

Last thought, if you are planning on using a boom you may get more spray than noral due to the fact you are a little further back than that of a direct drive. My 205v, was not good with the v-drive boom. But I never had any problems long line. Good luck and have fun!

bonedoc
09-16-2004, 10:39 PM
pulled a 260 pound barefooter behind my 04 X2 this summer....he instructs at a waterski school in BC where they have a mix of straight drive boats.......he could not believe how fast my boat pulled him up from deep water start, and was totally impressed by the power, speed, and surprisingly good wake off my boat.....

hope that helps (I'll post a pic if I can get my bro in law to send one from his digital camera)

erkoehler
09-16-2004, 10:46 PM
Thanks guys, I just wanted to make sure it could be done. I believe it is a 310 hp engine, and I am just learning to foot.

NeilM
09-17-2004, 01:44 AM
You should be just fine. The LSV does OK..

ttu
12-15-2010, 01:03 PM
hmm, this was when he was so young!

SkiDog
12-15-2010, 01:04 PM
hmm, this was when he was so young!

Yea, and B.P.:D

Mak_dramma
12-16-2010, 04:52 AM
Id go LSV the H22 are heavier and not as good for handling