PDA

View Full Version : Big Week

Z13
03-08-2016, 05:38 PM
So I made my first payment on the new boat today, I pick it up Thursday, DNR & USCGA inspection Friday, hopefully in the water putting in break-in hours Friday evening Saturday and Sunday.

Thankfully spring came early and today it is 73 and should stay like this for at least a week.

Double D
03-08-2016, 06:01 PM
Congrats!! But.....

:d

hondaprlud
03-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Congrats!! But.....

:d

what he said

atihanyi
03-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Whats with the inspections ?

Z13
03-08-2016, 11:01 PM
Whats with the inspections ?

I like to get the Coast Guard Auxiliary and DNR to inspect the boat before the regular season. Sometimes they give you a decal to put on your boat and then they will leave you alone during the year, have been pulled over for inspections before only for them to see the stickers and say have a nice day without even boarding.

As far as the pictures they are on my last thread, and I dont have the boat to take more yet.

Patience is a virtue boys and girls.

scott023
03-09-2016, 12:05 AM
I like to get the Coast Guard Auxiliary and DNR to inspect the boat before the regular season. Sometimes they give you a decal to put on your boat and then they will leave you alone during the year, have been pulled over for inspections before only for them to see the stickers and say have a nice day without even boarding.

As far as the pictures they are on my last thread, and I dont have the boat to take more yet.

Patience is a virtue boys and girls.

Well, If you're not willing to post more pictures, you should have put this in your original thread. LOL:D

duckguy
03-09-2016, 12:26 AM
What has the world come to that the coast guard is concerned about wakeboats...

WakeWise
03-09-2016, 12:44 AM
What has the world come to that the coast guard is concerned about wakeboats...
I have a different take. The Coast Guard Auxiliary promotes boater safety.

They volunteer their time and efforts for recreational boaters. Free of charge.

The sticker tells law enforcement i.e sheriff patrol that you are squared away with safety equipment and could possibly eliminate them from boarding your boat to perform a random safety inspection should you do something on the water that raises their attention.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Z13
03-09-2016, 08:40 AM

The sticker tells law enforcement i.e sheriff patrol that you are squared away with safety equipment and could possibly eliminate them from boarding your boat to perform a random safety inspection should you do something on the water that raises their attention.

this +1000. Where I live is a hub of boat in all styles. Sailing, Fishing, work boat, everything imaginable. So if I can take a hour or two in March to square away and get some little stickers to ensure a stress free summer that is a small price to pay in my opinion. Plus it is always a good idea to be on good terms with Coast Guard and DNR. SIDE NOTE take your old flares and really any old gear to the Auxiliary so they can use them as training tools. They would greatly appreciate it I am sure.

jbmccul
03-09-2016, 01:07 PM
this +1000. Where I live is a hub of boat in all styles. Sailing, Fishing, work boat, everything imaginable. So if I can take a hour or two in March to square away and get some little stickers to ensure a stress free summer that is a small price to pay in my opinion. Plus it is always a good idea to be on good terms with Coast Guard and DNR. SIDE NOTE take your old flares and really any old gear to the Auxiliary so they can use them as training tools. They would greatly appreciate it I am sure.

We got boarded by the CG and after they did their inspection they handed us a piece of (Yellow?) paper which did something similar to that sticker. They said just hold it up if another patrol boat stops you.

Kweisner
03-09-2016, 07:12 PM

Another +1 on this. Indeed given the a$$ clown boaters that we ALL encounter, I would personally like to see more, not less, presence of CGA and Sheriff/DNR/Marine Patrol discouraging the inept and downright dangerous from taking to the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrDearybury
03-09-2016, 08:09 PM
PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see the sled!!!

TX.X-30 fan
03-09-2016, 08:51 PM
Another +1 on this. Indeed given the a$$ clown boaters that we ALL encounter, I would personally like to see more, not less, presence of CGA and Sheriff/DNR/Marine Patrol discouraging the inept and downright dangerous from taking to the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Bernie won in Michigan so that should put a smile on your face.

I still believe in probable cause, if its not there don't pull my boat over. Its abused here and much worse.

If you're an idiot and want to die on the water go for it but don't pull everyone over to stop a few idiots.

Z13
03-09-2016, 09:59 PM
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=b9cfa41509&view=att&th=1535e36dbbd7c312&attid=0.3&disp=safe&realattid=1528377684813414400-local2&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=b9cfa41509&view=att&th=1535e36dbbd7c312&attid=0.1&disp=safe&realattid=1528377684813414400-local0&zw

First outing in the books. Put about an hour on the boat only 12 more to go before being able to open it up. I have to read up more on the tabs and such. Pretty happy that the weather finally broke and we have so 70+ days in the forecast this week and weekend. Stay tuned, planning to get out on the water again tomorrow after work.

WakeWise
03-10-2016, 11:48 AM
Congratulations on the new purchase. I love that time when you first get the boat and you put in the time for break in. And then finally get to open it up and fill the ballast etc. Enjoy!!