PDA

View Full Version : 99 x-star LTR- where is the scan port?!?!

matsmith
02-08-2006, 10:26 PM
I have a 1999 X-Star with the LTR engine. I cannot find the port to hook up a scanner. Is it an OBD II type? What does the plug look like?? I have heard that ONLY a scanner that a Mastercraft dealer can possess will read codes on these,is that true?

Ric
02-09-2006, 10:08 AM
I have a 1999 X-Star with the LTR engine. I cannot find the port to hook up a scanner. Is it an OBD II type? What does the plug look like?? I have heard that ONLY a scanner that a Mastercraft dealer can possess will read codes on these,is that true?
It's in the back near the transmission but you cannot hook up a regular reader to it. It is an indmar plug that you'd have to get in order to read it with other scanners. Any indmar tech can read it though.
post your symptoms and I bet a few of our motor experts on this site can help you .

matsmith
02-09-2006, 06:27 PM
I have problems with stalling. Usually after startup when cold,but happens sporadically when warm,always around the dock,of course. Also occasional variations in idle speed.

the legend
02-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Your Ecm Might Need A Calibration Update.the Update Was For Cold Start,hesitation & Mid Range Surge. The Prom Id On Your Ecm Shoul Be 31. Any Mc Dealer Should Be Able To Download The Coreect Calibration In No Time Flat