PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Master Craft Dealer

DevotedMCFan
02-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Hi,

I saw an article in the newspaper about Water Sports Marine selling there Fenton location. Anyone know anything about it?

vegashomeexpert
02-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Hi,

I saw an article in the newspaper about Water Sports Marine selling there Fenton location. Anyone know anything about it?
How much do they want for it? We could all pitch in a few bucks and become our own dealer. But then what would we complain about?

erkoehler
02-09-2006, 01:47 AM
How much do they want for it? We could all pitch in a few bucks and become our own dealer. But then what would we complain about?

The idiots that keep coming into "our" dealership, which in turn keeps us off the water and not skiing.

1984StarsandStripes
02-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Watersports is about 20 minutes up the road from me. I haven't heard anytthing about them selling but I hadn't been looking. Great idea buying the store!:cool: Maybe, we could just service our own boats and other TMC owners!! ;)

Workin' 4 Toys
02-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Let me know how much, I go by there once in a while, I wouldn't mind owning a piece of the pie.....:D

1984StarsandStripes
02-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Let me know how much, I go by there once in a while, I wouldn't mind owning a piece of the pie.....:D

Working' what are you doing up my way?

1984StarsandStripes
02-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Hi,

What paper?

vegashomeexpert
02-09-2006, 03:11 PM
The idiots that keep coming into "our" dealership, which in turn keeps us off the water and not skiing.
You could run it and hire some studs to take people out on demos. Or, wait, I would volunteer to take people out on demos. My dibs on that job! :D

1984StarsandStripes
02-09-2006, 03:16 PM
You could run it and hire some studs to take people out on demos. Or, wait, I would volunteer to take people out on demos. My dibs on that job! :D

Ok, if you get that job then I will take the position of female swimsuit adjuster, tough job someone has to do it!;)

DevotedMCFan
02-09-2006, 09:37 PM
The article was in the Tri County Times about a week ago.

They are talking about putting a condo development in there to replace it all.

1984StarsandStripes
02-09-2006, 09:46 PM
That would suck! I do believe that is the closest MC dealer to me here. Devoted Mcfan, you in the Saginaw area then? Does TMC ever have any meetings in Michigan?

I wouldn't want to drive to the upper where UMP is but my buddies and I are thinking road trip to Traverse City this year with the MC beach honeys.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Working' what are you doing up my way?
I did not realize you were off to the east as far as you are.
I was guessing at your location (since it doesn't say where you are:confused: ).
I bought a snowmobile last year not too far off, and we have gone to Silver Lake Sand Dunes numerous times, Paw Paw/Coloma, and now a new place we intend to stop once in awhile Cadillac.

1984StarsandStripes
02-12-2006, 12:55 AM
yeah I am southeast of Lansing by about half an hour.

hleepert
02-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Have you tried Devils Lake Waters Sports. They are about 15 minutes south of Jackson right on US 223. Great sales people and service department. Mike and Pat Aplings run it. Mike is in charge of sales and Pat is service.

That would suck! I do believe that is the closest MC dealer to me here. Devoted Mcfan, you in the Saginaw area then? Does TMC ever have any meetings in Michigan?

I wouldn't want to drive to the upper where UMP is but my buddies and I are thinking road trip to Traverse City this year with the MC beach honeys.

1984StarsandStripes
02-12-2006, 08:38 PM
nope luckily I haven't had to but many parts!!! knock on wood!:toast:

Have you used them much? what do you have for a boat?

hleepert
02-13-2006, 11:41 AM
I have purchased all except my first boat from them. My first one was a used 88 Prostar and I asked Mike if he thought it was a good deal and he told me to buy it because he couldn't get me a better boat. I have since purchased from him a 97 ProStar 190, 2001 Prostar 190 and my current 2005 Prostar 197.

Where do you ski?

agua4fun
02-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Devils lake Marine is a great place, I have had some engine repair and winterization done there. Pat is a good guy, remembers my boat when i go in. (I think thats a good thing)
'1984StarsandStripes' you will have to let me know if you are headed up to TC. I go up a few times a year (from Toledo, OH)

tones03
02-13-2006, 05:22 PM
I really hope they dont. They are great to deal with, and I have always been happy with them.

Intruder
02-15-2006, 12:17 PM
Dont Worry Guys They Still Will Have Their Waterford Store Which Is About A Half Hour Away From The Fenton Store

1984StarsandStripes
02-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Devils lake Marine is a great place, I have had some engine repair and winterization done there. Pat is a good guy, remembers my boat when i go in. (I think thats a good thing)
'1984StarsandStripes' you will have to let me know if you are headed up to TC. I go up a few times a year (from Toledo, OH)

Glad to hear there are some good dealerships out there!

Agua4fun- I will let you know what weekend we are planning as soon as I know, maybe some other guys from here might want to go as well. What weekend do you guys usually go up. We were thinking of playing some beach volleyball and checking out the honeys and doing some boat related things as well.

ridehype4life
02-15-2006, 10:12 PM
First post guys!! Anyway, we just ordered out first Mastercraft from Action Water Sports in Traverse City. It's an 06 X-1 and our experience so far has been nothing short of spectacular. Does anyone have any experience with this dealer?? And by the way, we board and ski up north on Lake Charlevoix most of the summer and a little bit down state on Fenton; Waterford area lakes.

agua4fun
02-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Glad to hear there are some good dealerships out there!

Agua4fun- I will let you know what weekend we are planning as soon as I know, maybe some other guys from here might want to go as well. What weekend do you guys usually go up. We were thinking of playing some beach volleyball and checking out the honeys and doing some boat related things as well.

Im in the TC area for the summer hollidays (memorial, labor day, 4th of july), and usually last week of july too. but i could be easily convinced to head up other times also.

agua4fun
02-16-2006, 05:33 PM
First post guys!! Anyway, we just ordered out first Mastercraft from Action Water Sports in Traverse City. It's an 06 X-1 and our experience so far has been nothing short of spectacular. Does anyone have any experience with this dealer?? And by the way, we board and ski up north on Lake Charlevoix most of the summer and a little bit down state on Fenton; Waterford area lakes.

Yeah, i have a buddy that works there. Jeff (Heydloff - i cant spell it).
Great guy. tell him crazy dave says hi, if you meet him. If you need and accessories, they get crazy busy durring the season, so id reccomend making that happen now.

RoscoB190
02-17-2006, 11:10 AM
I deal with Action Water Sports in Hudsonville and have nothing but good things to say about them. I'd say you're in good hands! Good luck with the new boat!

1984StarsandStripes
02-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Sounds like a plan Agua! I will keep you posted!

Im in the TC area for the summer hollidays (memorial, labor day, 4th of july), and usually last week of july too. but i could be easily convinced to head up other times also.

sberry3827
02-20-2006, 07:51 PM
All you guys using Devils Lake Water Sports, where are you boating down there? I'm in the Flint area. I had my boat down there once last summer. My sister and brother-in-law live down there. We were out on Clark and then the next day we were somewhere else. Cant remember the name but I know I launched on one lake and went through some crazy channels and under some bridges you could barely fit a row boat through until I got to some other bigger lake. Scary terrain but I was following local traffic, so I had to trust it. Anyways, I think my brother is friends with those owners of Devils lake. He says they are good people. If thats the place I'm thinkin of, can you see it off of 27(west side).

hleepert
02-21-2006, 01:07 PM
All you guys using Devils Lake Water Sports, where are you boating down there? I'm in the Flint area. I had my boat down there once last summer. My sister and brother-in-law live down there. We were out on Clark and then the next day we were somewhere else. Cant remember the name but I know I launched on one lake and went through some crazy channels and under some bridges you could barely fit a row boat through until I got to some other bigger lake. Scary terrain but I was following local traffic, so I had to trust it. Anyways, I think my brother is friends with those owners of Devils lake. He says they are good people. If thats the place I'm thinkin of, can you see it off of 27(west side).

I'm on Loch Erin but there are many lakes in the Irish Hills area. Wampler' Lake, Devils, Round, Sand and Clark. It sounds like you are describing the chain of lakes near Coldwater but I could be mistaken.

Devils Lake Water Sports is on Hyw 223 which connects with 127. It is about 15 miles south of Jackson.