PDA

View Full Version : Towers on anything!

bucky
02-08-2006, 02:50 PM
I guess it's a sign of a healthy interest in wakeboarding, but some things baffle me. I saw these at the Dallas boat show this weekend. This one (a bayliner) is still overpriced.

bucky
02-08-2006, 02:52 PM
The type of honey to expect with this set-up.

bucky
02-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Now it gets stranger. Notice the pole behind the seat.

bucky
02-08-2006, 02:55 PM
This was from the local MC dealership. Extreme 'toon. It did have a 496 i/o, though.

bucky
02-08-2006, 03:03 PM
At first I thought this was just a display for tower speakers, but it turns out the company makes "ATV Soundsystems", or wake towers for 4-wheelers.

AirJunky
02-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Better than puttin a tower on a PWC!!
Guess thats why Wakedesigns doesn't do it any more, eh. :toast:

SteveO
02-08-2006, 03:29 PM
I would hate to be the one driving ANY of those things with a 200 lb boarder behind me. Talk about tracking, or lack there of? Those PWC and boats would have to be all over the place.

bucky
02-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Yeah, this is the way I think it should be done. a TeX-Star!

AirJunky
02-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Nice! But wouldn't you get strung up driving that in OK??

jayocheskey
02-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Nice! But wouldn't you get strung up driving that in OK??
Heck no, the Okies are as proud of Texas as we Texans are. J/K - that is a great looking boat though. I saw it at the Fort Worth Boat show.

jayocheskey
02-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Another view of the "Tex-Star"

dog paw
02-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Better than puttin a tower on a PWC!!
Guess thats why Wakedesigns doesn't do it any more, eh. :toast:

Now thats funny! heaven forbid that ski tips over!

Ryan
02-08-2006, 04:42 PM
I guess it's a sign of a healthy interest in wakeboarding, but some things baffle me. I saw these at the Dallas boat show this weekend. This one (a bayliner) is still overpriced.

Baffled...why?

rodltg2
02-08-2006, 05:24 PM

you know for the price those are not bad boats. i wouldnt consider them to be a watersports boat however. but great for the famliy cruiser and fishing with the occisional wakeboard run.

bucky
02-09-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm a transplant. Born in Deer Park, suburb of Houston.Nice! But wouldn't you get strung up driving that in OK??

watergirl
02-09-2006, 07:48 AM

bucky
02-09-2006, 07:49 AM
I can understand the Bayliner or maybe the jet boat, but what kind of wake could a pwc or a pontoon possibly put off? And does anyone need tower speakers on their ATV?:rolleyes:

Baffled...why?

bucky
02-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Hey,baby, How you doin'?;) ...................................

bucky
02-09-2006, 07:55 AM
Yeah, but I could buy a really nice older M/C, use it indefinately, and if taken care of sell for as much or more than I paid. In my experience, those boats (price point i/o) cannot be maintained (relatively) indefinately. The hull and drivetrain and about everything else are just not made to last.

you know for the price those are not bad boats. i wouldnt consider them to be a watersports boat however. but great for the famliy cruiser and fishing with the occisional wakeboard run.

Leroy
02-09-2006, 08:04 AM
I think we all crossed the threshold of need some time ago! I had exactly this thought when I bought my Maristar 230 instead of the X30 in 2000. THe pipes looked stupid on a boat! Now I wish I had them.

And does anyone need tower speakers on their ATV?:rolleyes:

Mag_Red
02-09-2006, 08:41 AM
...................................Come on sweetie...........tell us what you really think :D

88 PS190
02-09-2006, 11:40 AM
PWC's are great for some people's wakeboarding, mainly if you do alot of wakeskating, or alot of sliders, you aren't looking for the ability to track, you're looking for shallow water near your sliders, perhaps in areas where a boat couldn't really turn around.

And as far as the atv's have you ever seen people wakeskating ditches and such.

Or what about locals wakeskating the runoff from dams w/ a line tied to the bridge, that's fun to watch.

X-45
02-09-2006, 12:11 PM
PWC's are great for some people's wakeboarding, mainly if you do alot of wakeskating, or alot of sliders, you aren't looking for the ability to track, you're looking for shallow water near your sliders, perhaps in areas where a boat couldn't really turn around.

And as far as the atv's have you ever seen people wakeskating ditches and such.

Or what about locals wakeskating the runoff from dams w/ a line tied to the bridge, that's fun to watch.

Does anybody have one of the new wake boards design for PWC. I looks like a snowboard. Suppose to give more spring or something. Im wondering if that is in the future for all boards

I think Hyperlite makes one.

Here it is http://www.hyperlite.com/06_web/06_index.html

:cool: :steering:

rodltg2
02-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Yeah, but I could buy a really nice older M/C, use it indefinately, and if taken care of sell for as much or more than I paid. In my experience, those boats (price point i/o) cannot be maintained (relatively) indefinately. The hull and drivetrain and about everything else are just not made to last.

true but your a skier. an older mc is not very family friendly. that cheapy bayliner can seat 7, rides high in the water great for fishing and doesnt use hardly as much gas as an older mc. the older mc will probably out last it though. plus if you have to finance it , its easier to finance the new bayliner than a 20 year old mc.

if it were me , i would obviously choose the older mc, i hate fishing, have no kids and love to ski.

Leroy
02-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Flexboard looks interesting. Guess it is meant to pull snowboarders to wakeboarding. Isn't explicit, but I read it to say this board can be used for snow or wake boarding? Did I read that right?

88 PS190
02-09-2006, 03:54 PM
No, its wake only. it says to carry the snowboard season through the summer, so it rides like a snowboard using the profile to allow you to set an edge instead of fins.

X-45
02-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Seems like a good way to catch an edge.

:eek3: