PDA

View Full Version : For you wakeboarders out there...

Skiufool
09-15-2004, 10:55 PM
For all you wakeboarders out there...what size diameter and pitch propeller do you have on your boats? I can't seem to find that dimension anywhere. Do the higher pitch props work better than the lower pitch props for wake size, or is there much of a difference at all?

NeilM
09-15-2004, 11:10 PM
Only reason to go to less pitch is if your engine is having a tough time getting the boat to plane when you're loaded up with ballast and people, otherwise stick with what you have.

The other variable is whether you are V-drive or inline... some inlines are 1:1 drive ratio, others are 'powerslot' (1.5:1) like the V-drives - makes a big difference on prop size..

Friend of mine had problems getting his boat to plane when loaded up for wakeboarding and at 3300 feet above sea level - he had the prop place take an inch of pitch off when they straightened out his prop (separate story), and it made a big difference..

Skiufool
09-15-2004, 11:38 PM
I have a direct drive with 1:1 drive ratio. What kind of effect will a 12.5 degree pitch prop have on it with or without it loaded down? Its an '84 SS, 351 PCM.