PDA

View Full Version : Halftime Show - who would you like to see?

shepherd
02-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Boy, I'm glad I'm not the only one to say it. The Rolling Stones just need to hang it up. That was awful (the sound guy should take some of the blame, but the singing and the guitar playing seemed amateur to me). They deserve to be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, but for the stuff they did in the 60s and 70s. IMO they haven't done anything decent since the Some Girls album over 20 years ago.

Start me up? You mean with a defibrillator? because that's what they needed. Why does the NFL think everyone wants to see these geezers? Like Paul McCartney... his last decent work was back in the 70s. You'd think a venue as prestigious as the Super Bowl with that much money would attract some good, current (new) talent...

SO, WHO DO YOU THINK WOULD BE A GOOD HALF TIME ROCK GROUP????

I'd like to see someone like Limp Bizkit, Audioslave, Kid Rock, Smashmouth...

BTW, good game Steelers! Congrats to all the TT towel wavers! :toast:

Leroy
02-06-2006, 12:04 AM
No one else but the Rolling Stones! I would love for them to be the show next year also!

Mag_Red
02-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Leroy, I remember when the Stones were good, but I have to agree with Shepherd on this one...........they sucked! 8p

Boogieman
02-06-2006, 12:14 AM
Kid Rock? are you serious?

PendO
02-06-2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah, they sucked, I was hoping for Paint it Black, the acoustics are not good in a venue like that, but they were right up there with Ashlee Simpson, I'm not much in to country, but someone like Garth Brooks, or Brooks and Dunn would be nice, they have real voices ... I mean, if you were high and drunk the Stones are/were great.

Had they played "Stupid Girl" that would have been sweet.

shepherd
02-06-2006, 12:22 AM
Yeah, they sucked, I was hoping for Paint it Black, the acoustics are not good in a venue like that, but they were right up there with Ashlee Simpson, I'm not much in to country, but someone like Garth Brooks, or Brooks and Dunn would be nice, they have real voices ... I mean, if you were high and drunk the Stones are/were great.

Had they played "Stupid Girl" that would have been sweet.

I was drunk, and it still sounded bad. I was embarassed for them.

"Stupid Girl" would have been good if Garbage was doing it...

LakePirate
02-06-2006, 12:23 AM
I was drunk, and it still sounded bad..

Bro that wasn't that long ago...:toast:

PendO
02-06-2006, 12:25 AM
what was the name of the Viet Nam series on TV where they played paint it black as the intro?

shepherd
02-06-2006, 12:25 AM
Kid Rock? are you serious?

I think I remember he was in a half time show a few years back, with a bunch of other "stars." He did "Cowboy" I think and it was a good show.

Or maybe it's just the Alzheimer's kickin' in... :o

Leroy
02-06-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm such a fan, I can't go there! I don't think we will have to worry about them being asked back anyway!

Leroy, I remember when the Stones were good, but I have to agree with Shepherd on this one...........they sucked! 8p

shepherd
02-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Bro that wasn't that long ago...:toast:

8p it's going to be a rough Monday tomorrow :(

Hoosier Bob
02-06-2006, 12:36 AM
They weren't perfect but I would rather watch a pig get slaughtered than endure what I had to watch last year! That is one breast I don't care if I ever see! Some great plays overshadowed by a ho hum game. Almost looked like two teams trying not to win. The result was good for PBG! As much as I heard Detroit Rock City I would have rather seen Kiss in their full on regalia! :D

LakePirate
02-06-2006, 12:38 AM
Time is getting away from you there Bob, it was Paul McCartney last year. The wardrobe malfunction was 2 years ago.

Hoosier Bob
02-06-2006, 12:41 AM
I was talking about Paul's breast! What are you talking about? :D Time is getting away from you there Bob, it was Paul McCartney last year. The wardrobe malfunction was 2 years ago.

LakePirate
02-06-2006, 12:54 AM
I was talking about Paul's breast! What are you talking about? :D
Guess I missed that :D

tex
02-06-2006, 01:16 AM
i love the stones...but mix something in besides start me up!

Maristar210
02-06-2006, 08:38 AM
No Offense to the Stones fans but I listened to Start me up and then decided my time was better srved using the facilities for the next ten minutes, which I did.

How about some local talent in MoTown? so maybe some Motown singers? after all this is MoTown right?

Did anyone check Keith Richards for a pulse?

Steve