PDA

View Full Version : Sending unit, fule

Ramhouse
02-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Any way og checking the sending unit?....did check the guage and it is okay.....
Richard : : :confused: :

flipper
02-05-2006, 09:02 PM
On mine, I pulled it out and shook it to make sure the float was loose. It was stuck and had to pull the float out and sand it down a little to get it to move freely. If it is loose, hook the wires up and slowly turn it upside down and back to see if the gauge moves. There are a couple threads on this. In the side of the float there are a couple magnets that can come out also. There may be a better way to check, but this worked for me.

Ramhouse
02-05-2006, 09:19 PM
mine does not have a flooat

88 PS190
02-06-2006, 02:33 AM
i would check on that again, normally they're an arm w/ a float and a variable resistance unit, or they're a float that mechanically spins a spiral shaft as it floats, then that's translated externally.

could be your float broke off?

Ramhouse
02-06-2006, 10:10 AM
No broken arm and nothing...i have this unithttp://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=153260
could there be some voltage difference?

Waterski-Marcoisland
02-06-2006, 09:56 PM
My experience has been, whenever the sending unit starts to act up just replace it and be done with it. I had just replaced mine with a sending unit from Wema..

Usa.http://www.wemausa.com/newproducts.htm

This sending unit is awesome, the best construction; all stainless steel. I think its better then OEM from mastercraft. Check it out, it ended all my false readings, but remember to check all connection to your guage because eventhough they are tight the connection could still be bad which will reflect in a false reading, (more resistance in a bad connection) Check the connections........my 2cents

Ramhouse
02-08-2006, 12:28 AM
Thanks for all the input. Got so frusturated with this thing, i desided to start fresh, and found out that when it got wired in by the orig. owner 5yrs. ago he got the wires crossed. NOW I GOT FULE!!!
Thanks again all.