PDA

View Full Version : The Dish and local channels

tex
02-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Anybody out there have the Dish and use an indoor antenna to get local stations in HD? We are unable to get ABC and guess which channel the Super Bowl is on! Any help would be appreciated!

erkoehler
02-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Anybody out there have the Dish and use an indoor antenna to get local stations in HD? We are unable to get ABC and guess which channel the Super Bowl is on! Any help would be appreciated!

We have regular basic cable, and use an indoor antenna to get all the local stations in HD. We also have the HD box to go with it.

mitch
02-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Tex, I use an outdoor HD antenna for local stations. Check this thread. I tried several and the is the best antenna I found. Won't help you for the game. I would head to radioshack and get an indoor one to get you by. You'll prolly have to fiddle with it, but if the stations are w/i 30 miles you s/b OK. Good luck, go Seahawks

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=5859&highlight=antenna

tex
02-05-2006, 03:15 PM
we have 2 ant. from RS. The station is 26 miles away and we can't get it. This would not be happening if the Cowboys were playing!

agua4fun
02-05-2006, 04:08 PM
We use dish with the antenna running through it here. Try setting up the channels manually. that was the only way we could get one of them. the search wouldnt pick it up. Your ABC there (channel 8 right) is on channel 9 in your digital setup.

If it is a dish 811 receiver, go to:
Menu, 6, 1, 5, Add DTV, 09, then the signal strength meter will show your signal for the ABC-HD, at that point move your antenna till the bar turns green , and hit save to set it.

that should do it. if you cant get the signal bar up, then you will need a different antenna.

Hope that helps - Go Pitt

tex
02-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks guys...I've tried all those routes...still no luck...I'll survive-Go Hawks!

André
02-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Can you still watch the game at all ?

tex
11-14-2007, 11:04 PM
I went to the game...It didn't matter!