PDA

View Full Version : Hey ERK you out there?

Maristar210
02-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Erk,

Last night you asked me about the sled in my garage. It is a 2002 ZR800 twin that I just rebuilt the motor on. It is not mine I just wrenched on it for a friend. About taking the picture in the garage I was in the garage working and posting that's why I thought I might take a few pictures for Bob, that's all.

Also....

For what it's worth. This may help your current situation.

Five years ago on September 1st 2001 I was canned from a very good position after 7 years for "budgetary" reasons. I was devastated. and the country was at a complete stand still ten days later on 9/11. No one was hiring and finally six months later I found a similar job that I thought I would not like but would do.

Well as it turns out the job I found was perfect for me and I am very happy. My previous job was in the automotive supplier business and sucked every day with all the auto crap pressure. Now I am in the custom equipment business and have not nearly the same pressure.

Long story short.... sometimes things happen for a reason and turn out better in the end. My guess is that will apply to you. My bet is you find something better and like it more too.

I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted.

Steve

erkoehler
02-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Thanks Steve, I am out here, just playing with my nephews....have them all decked out in the MasterCraft apparel.

jeverett
02-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Erk:
sorry to here about ya situation. Spending time with family is the best thing ain't it!

erkoehler
02-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Erk:
sorry to here about ya situation. Spending time with family is the best thing ain't it!

I've got double the trouble with the twins today!!!! The boys are NUTS... :eek:

jeverett
02-04-2006, 05:04 PM
My wife is workin' today selling realestate so I'm moing to take the Kids to see Nanny McFee. That will keep them quiet for a minute.

erkoehler
02-06-2006, 01:36 AM
How long did that rebuild take by the way?

Maristar210
02-06-2006, 08:33 AM
How long did that rebuild take by the way?

Yeah well that's a story in itself. My buddy said "I got all of the parts you'll need, here you go" Mind you he bought no seals, no gaskets and he thought we just reuse the needle bearings from the old pistons. He was reluctant to spend any money so when I told him I need this or that he cringed and it would be a week or so until he actually bought it. Eventuall I just started picking up what I needed.

To answer your question he blew it up two years ago somewhere between Wawa and Searchmont Ontario, I got it around November of '05 and just finished it up a couple of weeks ago. It is crisp and strong, I just need some local snow to take it our and make sure its all good before taking it north.

Bet you din't think you would get such a long answer, sorry if I seem long winded.

Steve

Workin' 4 Toys
02-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Yeah well that's a story in itself. My buddy said "I got all of the parts you'll need, here you go" Mind you he bought no seals, no gaskets and he thought we just reuse the needle bearings from the old pistons. He was reluctant to spend any money so when I told him I need this or that he cringed and it would be a week or so until he actually bought it. Eventuall I just started picking up what I needed.

To answer your question he blew it up two years ago somewhere between Wawa and Searchmont Ontario, I got it around November of '05 and just finished it up a couple of weeks ago. It is crisp and strong, I just need some local snow to take it our and make sure its all good before taking it north.

Bet you din't think you would get such a long answer, sorry if I seem long winded.

Steve
Take it to Cadillac... Lots of snow.....

erkoehler
02-06-2006, 01:32 PM

Steve

One piece of advice, make 100% sure you got all the air out of the coolant lines. The systems really need to be bled and filled right.

My buddy who owns Polaris has a 2003 XCSP 600 just finally got the system bled properly after almost 1500 miles. The sled was not prepped properly from the dealer, and there had been problems on almost every trip with the sled since he got it.