PDA

View Full Version : Williamstown Lake

6ballsisall
02-03-2006, 11:46 PM
I know we have a few locals and semi locals. Has anyone here spent time on Williamstown Lake in KY? What is the conditions like on the weekends in the summer? Anyone know if there are any courses on the lake?

erkoehler
02-03-2006, 11:49 PM
I know we have a few locals and semi locals. Has anyone here spent time on Williamstown Lake in KY? What is the conditions like on the weekends in the summer? Anyone know if there are any courses on the lake?

Is this the property your going to look at?

6ballsisall
02-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Is this the property your going to look at?

Yep, may build on the lake

Footin
02-04-2006, 08:18 AM
It's probably a great tubin lake.

Alteczen
02-04-2006, 10:08 AM
I spend 95% of my summer on that lake and absolutetly love it. Yes it's narrow and at times can be super busy but you just have to know when to expect to get good water. But to me it's no different than any other public lake that you go to...

Weekends are crazy. You are better of hanging out on the dock and swimming. I wouldn't even tube on most weekends there. If you do get out and do anything other than cruise make sure the driver is experienced handling tons of traffice. It can be nerve racking and scary at first. If you want to get a few sets in expect to get up early. The lake picks up by 10 or 11. Sometimes you can squeeze a set or two in just before sunset if your lucky.

During the week it's dead. The only boats you will see are a couple of fisherman and my crew. We head down on Wednesdays and Thurdsays regularly. One of the guys in our crew is building right now there so we will probably be down there even more.

The community down there is great. People get to know each other and it's nice being able to stop by other docks to say hi on those busy days.

What part of the lake are you planning on buying land? I'm looking myself :headbang:

6ballsisall
02-05-2006, 11:24 AM
What part of the lake are you planning on buying land? I'm looking myself :headbang:

Alt, go see Greg Hicks w/ SkyWay Realty. No body knows more about the real estate on the lake down here than him. Tell him I sent you

www.skywayrealty.com

He has a new development that is nice, called Harbour Pointe. Lake View lots are 35k-40k. Lakefront lots are 130k. Very nice development just starting the 2nd stage, prices of land haven't gone up yet.

Alteczen
02-05-2006, 05:02 PM
I know of Greg... I also know the investor that is selling those lots. There are some nice houses going up in there. I'm not fortunate enough to buy a lakefront lot there at this time so I'm hoping I find a fixer-upper over time. If you end up building down there...I have an 04 xstar (pic in my gallery) that you will see down there.

6ballsisall
02-05-2006, 08:33 PM
I know of Greg... I also know the investor that is selling those lots. There are some nice houses going up in there. I'm not fortunate enough to buy a lakefront lot there at this time so I'm hoping I find a fixer-upper over time. If you end up building down there...I have an 04 xstar (pic in my gallery) that you will see down there.

Cool :cool:

We weighed it out this weekend and that lake isn't for us. However, it could be a great idea for what you want (weekend getaway) We drove past several lakefronts in the $130k range that would be great weekend places.