PDA

View Full Version : Satilite radios...

warren
02-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Once we get our boat out for the season I'll be hooking up my sirius reciever. Has anyone had any problems with reception on remote lakes or other issues?

JEREMY79
02-03-2006, 07:08 PM
I have XM in my work truck, I have been in some pretty remote places with it and very rarely loose signal.

jmyers
Once we get our boat out for the season I'll be hooking up my sirius reciever. Has anyone had any problems with reception on remote lakes or other issues?
I haven't had it in my boat yet, I pick the boat up next week but I know in the car it is a signal from the satelite so it picks up everywhere except in tunnells or structure's that are between you and the satelight! Hope that helps a little!

jrcarte78

I've been in some pretty remote places w/ my Sirius receiver and never had any problems. You should be fine.

TonyB
02-03-2006, 07:13 PM

With satellites, all lakes are local. ;)

Cloaked
02-03-2006, 08:30 PM
With satellites, all lakes are local. ;)I was thinking the same thing... :cool:

Warren, snap out of it dude... it's satellite... :guitar:

AirJunky
02-03-2006, 08:56 PM
I had XM for a while. Got rid of it because I didn't care for the programming.
It kind of depends on how far north you are. I'm up near the US/CA border & the satellites are pretty low on the horizon for us. So I can pull up to the north side of any building & lose the signal pretty easily. Even driving down the street with buildings to the south side & the signal goes in & out.
But the only time this might be a problem on a lake is if your sitting on the north face of a tall cliff like at the Columbia Gorge.

sand2snow22
02-03-2006, 09:07 PM
I must be the odd ball b/c it doesn't work on the two lakes that we go to. It does work on the river, though.