PDA

View Full Version : Help me spend money!

bucky
02-03-2006, 04:19 AM
I'll be putting a new stereo in my '01 190 this spring. I was wondering what would be the best sub setup to use. My current thoughts, due to space constrictions, run to either a store-bought box in the bow or a homemade enclosure in the driver footwell. Price is not really an obstacle, just room. I would really like and appreciate any opinions about the pros and cons of either.

Foiler
02-03-2006, 06:52 AM
I stuffed a JL 12"6V2 sub down by the drivers feet in my 93 prostar. I built the box according to JL's specs on their site. This wouldn't work for everyone at least on older boats as there's not a lot of space.

I've never had any complaints but I suppose someone really tall might feel a little cramped. The JL absolutely pounds, and that's what you need in an open environment to be able to hear it.

bradamerry
02-03-2006, 07:18 AM
Bucky, save some money for camping dude.

SteveO
02-03-2006, 09:02 AM
Bucky, for a minute I thought my wife found the board and was sending an invite to her girlfriends to go to the mall. I feel better now. She does not need any help spending money, she does it great on her own.... Regarding the sub, I too have great experience with the JL gear.