PDA

View Full Version : Stuffs missing from my boat!

vegashomeexpert
02-02-2006, 07:37 PM
Nice day out here in Las Vegas; 72 deg, no clouds or wind. Decided to take that dinged up nibral prop off so I can get it fixed. Opened up the port side trunk to get my green canvas tool bag that is always readily available sitting on the top of the port side ballast box. Dang, its gone! It had my big prop wrench, a crescent wrench, a couple of tube pumps and some other handy stuff in it. Looked all around the boat, under the seats, in the motor box. Its nowhere... Hmm, when was the last time I was in the trunk. Can't remember. When was the last time anyone was in there? It was when I took it to the dealer to get that fancy new rudder put on before Christmas, and the last time anyone was in there before that was when the dealer winterized it after Thanksgiving. Called the dealer up; they looked around the shop but didn't find my bag. Go figure! Now I'm PO'd and gonna have to go down there and look for it myself! I HATE it when THAT happens! :mad:

Maristar210
02-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Nice day out here in Las Vegas; 72 deg, no clouds or wind. Decided to take that dinged up nibral prop off so I can get it fixed. Opened up the port side trunk to get my green canvas tool bag that is always readily available sitting on the top of the port side ballast box. Dang, its gone! It had my big prop wrench, a crescent wrench, a couple of tube pumps and some other handy stuff in it. Looked all around the boat, under the seats, in the motor box. Its nowhere... Hmm, when was the last time I was in the trunk. Can't remember. When was the last time anyone was in there? It was when I took it to the dealer to get that fancy new rudder put on before Christmas, and the last time anyone was in there before that was when the dealer winterized it after Thanksgiving. Called the dealer up; they looked around the shop but didn't find my bag. Go figure! Now I'm PO'd and gonna have to go down there and look for it myself! I HATE it when THAT happens! :mad:

Aaaaarrrggghh.

I had a brand new Hyperlite wakeboard stolen from under the cover of my boat last summer at our marina...

I was pissed for weeks. Good luck with your own investigation because you will be the only one who will do anything about it... Aaaargh Probably kids for you just like me..

Sorry Vegas

Steve

Barefoot57
02-02-2006, 08:11 PM
A few years back, my collegiate team had our Malibu in for servicing at their shop in Minnesota. When we returned a week later to pick up the boat, there were empty beer cans and cigarette packages on the inside. Worst of all, the wedge had been stolen right off the back! It was interesting to note that the dealer had gates on the facility so no boats could be "removed" after hours. Of course, the dealer knew nothing about the beer cans, cigarette packs or stolen wedge. And, to top off our customer service experience, they basically said "tough luck." Needless to say, that was the last time we purchased a Malibu for our team!!!

Footin
02-02-2006, 08:15 PM
I had a pair of Revo sunglasses ($150.00) stolen off the dash of my boat when I stopped at a restaraunt/bar on a lake once.

Stupid me for leaving them in plain sight.

AirJunky
02-02-2006, 08:19 PM
I keep my boat on a dock about a block or two from my house. And everything is easily removeable for just this reason. Quick release speakers on the tower, removeable face on the stereo, tool bag, ski vests, skis, boards, ropes, everything goes at the end of the day. Twice someone has ransacked boats on my dock & twice they got under my cover & found nothing. Other boats lost stereos, ropes, boards, etc.
Sorry to hear about it, Vegas. Live & learn.

Footin
02-02-2006, 08:21 PM
I keep my boat on a dock about a block or two from my house. And everything is easily removeable for just this reason. Quick release speakers on the tower, removeable face on the stereo, tool bag, ski vests, skis, boards, ropes, everything goes at the end of the day. Twice someone has ransacked boats on my dock & twice they got under my cover & found nothing. Other boats lost stereos, ropes, boards, etc.

I realize it's just reality, but it's a shame you have to do this.

BriEOD
02-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Yep, thieves suck!

SKI*MC
02-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Well lwt us know how your search goes. As for a theft story that everyone is contributing, i have a few. but this is the funniest. Back in the 80's, my parents and a few friends went to the movies. The friends just had to drive their new white Bronco. It was a very special vehicle to them, so they installed 2 kill switches to the starter. Both hidden in different places. But anyways, they went to a movie, came out and the new white bronco was gone. It was never seen again.

M-Funf
02-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Ya' know...I used to be able to take my boat up to the lake, park it at the dock, leave skis, boards, tubes, ropes, gloves, and even the KEYS IN THE IGNITION without the fear that the contents or the boat would be stolen.

Today, it's a whole different story.

Sorry to hear about it, Vegas.

Thieves suck...

vegashomeexpert
02-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Ya know, I thought I had taken everything of value out (life jackets, ropes, handles, tubes, even the cleaning supplies and the cherised 303). Didn't place any value on the junk in the green bag, UNTIL I decide to pull the prop! That darn wrench is the only one I have that will fit. Now it is valuable!

vegashomeexpert
02-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the sad stories, guys, misary (and anger) loves company. :(

SKI*MC
02-02-2006, 08:54 PM
That tool is likea toilet to you. You never notice it when it works, or when its there, but there is hell to pay when its gone or doesnt work.

vegashomeexpert
02-02-2006, 09:01 PM
That tool is likea toilet to you. You never notice it when it works, or when its there, but there is hell to pay when its gone or doesnt work.
Darn straight!

vegashomeexpert
02-02-2006, 09:28 PM
One other thing while I am still steamin'! My boat is on the side of my house behind a gate with a cover on it. It has been out of my yard twice since November and both times have been direct trips to the dealer. Either (A) one of the mechanics took it out and forgot to put it back in, or (B)someone took it out of the boat in the dealers lot. I would bet it is (A). Nothing malicious, just careless.

SkiDog
02-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Hey Vegas sorry to hear about your loss. Thieves SUCK. I had a friend lget his Harley stolen at Myrtle Beach a few years ago. Recently he got a call from the Ft. Lauderdale police asking him if he ever found his bike. He told them no. Thats when the cops asked him what it looked like. He told them, and as it turned out, The guy who stole it had ran a stop sign and got creamed! The cops said his femur bone was sticking out of his leg! My buddy ask them to go over to him a step on his leg!
Moral of the story, whats goes around, comes around!

vegashomeexpert
02-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Hey Vegas sorry to hear about your loss. Thieves SUCK. I had a friend lget his Harley stolen at Myrtle Beach a few years ago. Recently he got a call from the Ft. Lauderdale police asking him if he ever found his bike. He told them no. Thats when the cops asked him what it looked like. He told them, and as it turned out, The guy who stole it had ran a stop sign and got creamed! The cops said his femur bone was sticking out of his leg! My buddy ask them to go over to him a step on his leg! Moral of the story, whats goes around, comes around!
:uglyhamme Thanks! Got a prop wrench I can use? :cool:

André
02-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Hey Vegas sorry to hear about your loss. Thieves SUCK. I had a friend lget his Harley stolen at Myrtle Beach a few years ago. Recently he got a call from the Ft. Lauderdale police asking him if he ever found his bike. He told them no. Thats when the cops asked him what it looked like. He told them, and as it turned out, The guy who stole it had ran a stop sign and got creamed! The cops said his femur bone was sticking out of his leg! My buddy ask them to go over to him a step on his leg!
Moral of the story, whats goes around, comes around!
Did he got his bike back ?

SkiDog
02-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Yea, and even a prop puller. Wouldn't be caught without one! By the way, Did changing your rudder on your x-30 help with the turning any?

Foiler
02-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Back in 1998 we arrived early (3:00Am) for a houseboating trip at Dale Hollow. I unloaded a knee board and a brand new wake board from the van so we had more room to sleep. I slid them just under the front of the van until morning.

Woke up and put the boat in and went skiing, some 3 or 4hrs later I realized what I had done and went flying back across the lake at which time my wife said: I don't think they are worth dying for.

We found both laying right where we left them in the middle of the parking lot. There had to have been a bunch of people walk right passed them all morning. I know I was extremely lucky, but there are still some good hearted people out there.

SKI*MC
02-02-2006, 10:18 PM
I dont think it would have been the same if it was a $1200 foil.

Foiler
02-02-2006, 10:53 PM
I dont think it would have been the same if it was a $1200 foil.

Haha yea, you're probably right about that.

vegashomeexpert
02-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Yea, and even a prop puller. Wouldn't be caught without one! By the way, Did changing your rudder on your x-30 help with the turning any?
Haven't tried it yet, but will soon and will let the results be know to all!

vegashomeexpert
02-02-2006, 11:12 PM
I need to end this thread, can that be done? I am totally embarrassed to say that I found the green bag 'o stuff! :o Yikes, this is hard. I have 2 plastic totes of stuff I took off the boat when I took it in for the rudder. One full of ropes, handles, and gloves. Below that is one that has snorkles, masks, fins, etc. (Stacked, these fit very nicely in the back of the starbard trunck). These were stacked on the garage floor and had a pile of vests on/around them. Earlier this evening, I wash putting a leash on one of the dogs to go for a walk, and as I am bent over, I see this glimmer of green between these life vests and inside the bottom tote. What a feeling of sheer........disgust. I can't believe I spread my dirty laundry before I had exhausted all of the options. I don't remember putting it in that tote. Thought I left it on the boat. Now I feel stupid, but I guess I was pretty smart when I did it. :) PS Sorry for any implied blame I may have placed on the local shop. My bad!

Footin
02-02-2006, 11:14 PM
No big deal, at least you found it.

SKI*MC
02-02-2006, 11:19 PM
wow, an end to the saga... what becomes of this thread now...

vegashomeexpert
02-02-2006, 11:21 PM
wow, an end to the saga... what becomes of this thread now...
I have hit the delete buttom several times. Nothing happens. Just seems like a bad memory....

SKI*MC
02-02-2006, 11:25 PM
LOL! for some reason, i found that really funny!

milkmania
02-02-2006, 11:34 PM
almost just as bad as a thief is a vandal!

almost, I said

milkmania
02-02-2006, 11:36 PM
I need to end this thread, can that be done? I am totally embarrassed to say that I found the green bag 'o stuff! :o Yikes, this is hard. I have 2 plastic totes of stuff I took off the boat when I took it in for the rudder. One full of ropes, handles, and gloves. Below that is one that has snorkles, masks, fins, etc. (Stacked, these fit very nicely in the back of the starbard trunck). These were stacked on the garage floor and had a pile of vests on/around them. Earlier this evening, I wash putting a leash on one of the dogs to go for a walk, and as I am bent over, I see this glimmer of green between these life vests and inside the bottom tote. What a feeling of sheer........disgust. I can't believe I spread my dirty laundry before I had exhausted all of the options. I don't remember putting it in that tote. Thought I left it on the boat. Now I feel stupid, but I guess I was pretty smart when I did it. :) PS Sorry for any implied blame I may have placed on the local shop. My bad!

http://deephousepage.com/smilies/eat.gifquite noble at eating crow, you are.

Larryp
02-02-2006, 11:49 PM
I am glade you did not blame the mechanic for actually stealing the prop, next time give them the benefit of the doubt.

vegashomeexpert
02-02-2006, 11:55 PM
http://deephousepage.com/smilies/eat.gifquite noble at eating crow, you are.
Tastes like sh**t that crow does!

Larryp
02-03-2006, 12:18 AM
I admire you for telling us, don't worry about.

sand2snow22
02-03-2006, 12:36 AM

Vegas. Believe me I feel your pain. Last Saturday Dan Meyers of Wakekite (see www.wakekite.com) and I went to the Malibu dealer to introduce the new product to them. (Went to MC on Friday) Well I left my car doors unlocked and after getting home I realized my leather folder was missing out of the back seat. I was sure someone from the dealer stole it trying to thief Dan's idea. Well, the dealer was closed on Sunday, I was first out there on Monday morning and it was in the same place where I left it in the showroom. The service coordinator even said he saw it there, but didn't look in it. Shows you can still trust people. ;)

Sodar
02-03-2006, 12:39 AM
I feel your pain Vegas... it is always so much easier to blame someone else! It really sucks when you are wrong though!

atlfootr
02-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Ya' know...I used to be able to take my boat up to the lake, park it at the dock, leave skis, boards, tubes, ropes, gloves, and even the KEYS IN THE IGNITION without the fear that the contents or the boat would be stolen. Today, it's a whole different story.

Sorry to hear about it, Vegas.
Thieves suck...You're right, those days are LONG GONE!
That's why I now have and carry, "PERSONAL SECURITY"!

SkiDog
02-03-2006, 12:15 PM
A mind is a terrible thing to waste!